Page 5 of 17 « First 12345678915 ... Last»
    Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: .If a 25 year old Girl still watching Anime, is she weird? ( am I weird ? )

No, my sister is 25 and she likes anime. I'm 18, I don't see anything wrong with that.
    I also know people that already have a family and are like in their 30's and still like anime like Naruto and stuff, I have a friend that is 35 and we discuss Naruto stuff together all the time lol there is nothing wrong with that

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

well... some hide that they stil like anime...but others like me and my friends don't... or just a little .. to new known people.. you just don't go to them and say: "hey was up new guy! What do you think about the latest naruto chapter?"

I'm 29 already.... my friends are 28/ 29. i have no older friends that wach anime because they didn't make them soo cool 20 years ago )

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'm a guy, 25. I like anime but it's not all I watch/like. I like a few select ones, like Sailor Moon, DBZ, Naruto, One Piece. Mainly the popular ones, I guess. I don't think it's weird for us to me in our mid-20's and liking anime. I think it's weird if that's all we ever do.

The Tactician Silverforsakenhamster's Avatar
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Play Pokemon X/Y? Add my 3DS
    friend code: 2148-8185-3612

lol 15 and i watch anime. You're never too old to grow up so keep watching anime, it helps you pass through life :D

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well I'm 23, turning 24 this year, and that's THE question all of us get asked, and ask ourselves.
    I live in Portugal, a country where the major part of the population are very judgemental about what one's see, but very peculiar at that. We have the people who only see reality shows and soccer, listen to Brazillian funk and stuff alike(normally the less instructed) that question people who listen to Metal or read Mangas/Comics, 'weirder' stuff in general, saying that they're or too imature or do drugs, or any other social cliché. In the other hand we got the weirdos and dorks who watch manga and read animes, or something less mainstream, that judge the others for being to narrow minded and almost classify them as mugles. There's the inbetween (I consider myself on those xD), but it's just 0.1%.

I myself am computer science major, most of the people I hang around do have interest in manga, or do not are that judgemental regarding it. Still I, even reading manga, judge some people who does it, but normally people who have an unhealthy abit in doing so, people who just live for it, and are truly narrow minded about other class of art, and judge everyone about not doing so and being trolls and stuff like that. But again I am interested in manga, but have plenty other interests, and I'm not completely closed in them (but I tend to 'insult' the trolls who just live for the soccer and clubbing, and the more 'mainstream' and acceptable social acts).

Bottom-line is, if you consider the manga a part of your life, and don't surround yourself about it, you don't need to worry about it, it's a passion/interest/hobby as every other one. On the contrary, if you're a 25 virgin (not by choice), who has really difficult time in getting social interaction, and even romantic (again, unless it's your choice, and don't be wrong to in making this and other assumptions like that), I think you should look at your priorities, and think about life itself, and all the Dr Freud crap. After all we're humans, we're here to reproduce and evolve the species, not being in our homes in sweat-pants, reading the works of others (in this case, manga)

Enjoy yourself by doing something which fulfills the need for you to do something.

Cheers

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Janin View Post
    Okay. First of all, I am a girl, 25 years of age.
    I'm watching Anime for more than half of my life now.

The deal is, almost 85 percent of my Female Highschool classmates were married and had children already.
    Me, Here still Thinking, How Naruto will end. Is Sasuke going to die? Bleach is Awesome. so on and so forth.

Most girls of my Age,at least those i knew, Fantasized Celebrity for a Boyfriend.
    Me, All bishounens. ( manga and Anime.)
    First Boyfriend : Heero Yuy. LOL::D

When someone saw me watching Anime the first thing they will tell me..( Ur still watching this ? )
    And that would make me feel like I'm different.

I want to hear from you guys, especially for those NB members aged 23 + and up.

Thank You.
    I am 24 started watching anime for the first time in my life in november. Still think it's awesome!

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'm a 36 year old guy, married with 4 kids, my oldest son is older than most kids in this site and I still like anime. It is not wierd at all.

Last edited by edgarmagician; 01-30-2013 at 11:09 PM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I have a feeling that, as a One Piece watcher, I will watch the new episodes every Sunday with my grandchildren.

Return of the Ring Lord of the Kings's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    RESTORING THE ORDER

Who care guys?

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanity? Sorry, but I don’t
    remember having such a useless
    thing in the first place.

nothing weird at all! im turning 21 this year, have a job, girlfriend, car, looking for a house, lots off friends, I am a dj as well as a producer, going clubbing too and I still read manga, watch anime and I LOVE it!

Let people judge, and answer it by giving no ****s at all!

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...

What's wrong with loving anime? People in general have this misconception that it's just for children, like all other cartoons. I love animated shows, and if I have my way, I'll watch animes and cartoons until I die. Love, care and think of what you cherish, no one can mock that

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    They call me Dzoiworld

Lmao dude my 36 year old science teacher loves anime and minecraft..guild wars 2. He is the best

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get at me BROS!!!!

I'm 21. Not giving up on manga/anime anytime soon

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get at me BROS!!!!

But to answer your question, no , you're not weird. You have your own interests and and hobbies. If others have an issue with that, tell them to GTFO.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

Quote Originally Posted by edgarmagician View Post
    I'm a 36 year old guy, married with 4 kids, my oldest son is older than most kids in this site and I still like anime. It is not wierd at all.
    told ye guys there are 30+ers here ^^

glad to have some adults here

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    An opinion is not a fact...

Not at all...it you like watching anime and reading manga then that's that if people call you weird for that your better off not talking to them.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I love you

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It's not weird, or I'm weird. I am weird, but I don't think it's because of that.
    People like what they like, and if it doesn't hurt anyone, there shouldn't be a problem with it!

And I totally feel you on the bishounen! Real guys just aren't all that.

☆ The Holy Noodles☆ Kimchi Noodles's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    ◑ω◐.Product exported from
    Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by JMannn View Post
    Well I'm 23, turning 24 this year, and that's THE question all of us get asked, and ask ourselves.
    I live in Portugal, a country where the major part of the population are very judgemental about what one's see, but very peculiar at that. We have the people who only see reality shows and soccer, listen to Brazillian funk and stuff alike(normally the less instructed) that question people who listen to Metal or read Mangas/Comics, 'weirder' stuff in general, saying that they're or too imature or do drugs, or any other social cliché. In the other hand we got the weirdos and dorks who watch manga and read animes, or something less mainstream, that judge the others for being to narrow minded and almost classify them as mugles. There's the inbetween (I consider myself on those xD), but it's just 0.1%.

I myself am computer science major, most of the people I hang around do have interest in manga, or do not are that judgemental regarding it. Still I, even reading manga, judge some people who does it, but normally people who have an unhealthy abit in doing so, people who just live for it, and are truly narrow minded about other class of art, and judge everyone about not doing so and being trolls and stuff like that. But again I am interested in manga, but have plenty other interests, and I'm not completely closed in them (but I tend to 'insult' the trolls who just live for the soccer and clubbing, and the more 'mainstream' and acceptable social acts).

Bottom-line is, if you consider the manga a part of your life, and don't surround yourself about it, you don't need to worry about it, it's a passion/interest/hobby as every other one. On the contrary, if you're a 25 virgin (not by choice), who has really difficult time in getting social interaction, and even romantic (again, unless it's your choice, and don't be wrong to in making this and other assumptions like that), I think you should look at your priorities, and think about life itself, and all the Dr Freud crap. After all we're humans, we're here to reproduce and evolve the species, not being in our homes in sweat-pants, reading the works of others (in this case, manga)

Enjoy yourself by doing something which fulfills the need for you to do something.

Cheers

I've got to give you an applause for your comment. + Rep.
    And oh, I can relate about the soccer thing.. I'm working in Italy right now..Soccer is Italy's second Religion. ( sorry Soully...^_^)
    And dont worry, I'm not revolving myself with Anime. Its just that like you said, Its a question we asked on ourselves.
    Thank you. and Have a Nice day ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Wik View Post
    I am 24 started watching anime for the first time in my life in november. Still think it's awesome!

YOur a late bloomer. Hehe. Yeah Anime were freakin awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Kings View Post
    Who care guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarmagician View Post

CoolDad. Yoh,!

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKD View Post
    nothing weird at all! im turning 21 this year, have a job, girlfriend, car, looking for a house, lots off friends, I am a dj as well as a producer, going clubbing too and I still read manga, watch anime and I LOVE it!

Let people judge, and answer it by giving no ****s at all!

We are Born this way.
    So yeah, cheer for us.!:ice:

Quote Originally Posted by Zoids View Post
    Lmao dude my 36 year old science teacher loves anime and minecraft..guild wars 2. He is the best

Cool. Then.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................

Thank you for your replies everyone.

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    #KisameIsMyHomeboy

You're not weird at all, actually you're awesome and cool. Whatever makes you happy is what you should do, don't pay attention to others that try and bring you down. YOLO

jk, but really keep doing it if it's something you love to do

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

OP, you're absolutely not wierd! My wife and I are in our 30s and we still watch anime and read manga. And I play the video games Especially in the part of the U.S. I live in, it's wierd if you DON'T watch anime!

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well, the things that women in their 20's are doing nowadays, you can still be into Dora The Explorer and still be normal in my eyes.
    Being a fan of anime/manga, while everyone else is worrying about getting a boyfriend/girlfriend, and trying to get married....

I would rather stay a single Anime/Manga fan, rather than be a social square.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Takin it easy

I dont find it weird at all. If you are obsessed about it like you have like a shrine, or something then that would be weird. As long as you have other interests, and are fun to be around then you are normal. (watch as many of your friends who are married, wind up divorceing, because they jumped the gun on it)(take your time, you are still young, and find your . If you are a great person and fun to be around, what tv show etc, wont matter, as many guys dont care about what the girl is into, just they like the girl.

simply i dont think it makes you weird.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

@OP

I'm almost 28!
    Watch anime, read manga, play rpg (diablo 3 is the best)

And i've been looking for a girl my age that likes anime!
    No success...

My friends are all married or in the process...
    Talk about going to hell....

If i knew you in real life i'd hit on you!

Let me tell you: YOU'RE AAAAAWWWWEEEEESSSSSSOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEE!

PS: no, i don't use glasses, and have zits all over my face.
    I'm just a regular crazy dude

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Not strange, at all. I will be 21 this year and I have watched anime and manga since I was like 6. You are quite the champion for following your conviction and enthusiastically exposing yourself to the many stories and ideas that these products have.