Banned
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Que rico...

What would you do ?

I recently watched a few episodes of a certain series (don't want to mention the name since it might spoil for some one) and I've been thinking about a certain incident a lot lately.

To summarize it, there was a guy (let's call him A) who's brother died, (let's call him B) which almost drove A insane of grief. However, in order to bring B back, A made a deal with a supernatural being, which involved A giving his soul to the being in order to revive B, which would result in his death 1 year later. Obviously, at first B was confused, but when A told him the truth, B got furious and called his actions selfish, since he wouldn't have wanted B to give his life for him. A however, said that without B, he probably would have been better off dead anyway, so it really didn't matter.

So, my question is, what would you have done in A's position ? Your brother/sister/relative/ close friend has died, and you have the chance to bring him back by giving away your own life. You would be able to spend a whole year together, but in the end, you'd end up dead.

2nd question, do you consider A's actions to be selfish ? After all, B would have to live without him for the rest of his life, with him likely blaming A's death on himself.

tl;dr: If a person close to you died, and you had a chance to bring them back and spend a whole year with him, but would die in the end of that year, what would you do ? It's kinda like Chiyo's technique, but, you'd die after one year instead of dying directly after awakening the other person And would you consider a sacrifice like that to be selfish of you towards the person, as he/she would have to live without you after that year ?

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Squizing my Nipples.

Re: What would you do ?

I wouldn't do it at all, a year isn't enough. 10 years and then we're talking.

Banned
    Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

If anyone of my bro/sis/Besty dies

I'll be broken beyond repair.....

I wish that i am the first one out of all of my close ones to die first

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Depends who, Definitley not for my 90 yr old great grandma haha. My direct family, any day even if it was a week instead of a year