2 1.45%
  • 1*

5 3.62%
Page 3 of 5 « First 12345 Last»
    Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

Re: Naruto Shippuden Episode 298 "Contact! Naruto vs. Itachi" – Discussion

I haven't watched the anime in years, saw the thumbnail on NB and had to watch.

5/5. Animation didn't really bother me, more interested in content and when they follow the manga, not doing sh*tty fillers, it will always be good.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Nothing much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogard View Post
    So true, at some point it even reminded me the Pain episode against kyubi :rofl:
    Oh, jezaz, don't remind me of that. I was very disappointed. I mean, they had the budget to make the confession episode, yet, for the battle they ruined it this much? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against that, but if you have money for romance, have money for the damn action!
    In the end, it's a shounen manga...

Quote Originally Posted by The Hidden Shinobi View Post
    No not that battle, I want that to be animated well because of madara. I was talking about the battle against the 4 past kages.
    Aaah, that one! :D
    Too many kages, lol!

Status
    Jul 2009
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Chatte View Post
    Let me see the entire episode. But at the beginning I highly disliked it. Hell, they drew Itachi so bad! I hate the way they disrespect Kishi's superb drawing style.
    Yes, at times he can break a little, however, generally, Kishi draws so good! And I hate when the anime ruins that.
    yap. right here! I think that's what pissed me out in the first place.

Trafalgar Law. The Hidden Shinobi's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Let's Dance!

Streaming vs Downloading:

Downloading is much much clearer on every scene, can go full screen and still HD depending on the quality you download of course

Downloaded once again:

So for me the animation just about reached "good" but it wasn't great

Last edited by The Hidden Shinobi; 01-31-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Status
    Apr 2012
    04/2012 - 07/2014

Download the epiosde in 720p from the base home page, I just downloaded and watched it and it was like 5x better trust me. The animation was actually "good" not great though but it wasn't terrible. If you have problem with subtitles VCL media player works well and displays the subtitles for you. Give it a go
    Thanks for the info. I'll try it then :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatte View Post
    Oh, jezaz, don't remind me of that. I was very disappointed. I mean, they had the budget to make the confession episode, yet, for the battle they ruined it this much? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against that, but if you have money for romance, have money for the damn action!
    In the end, it's a shounen manga...
    Haha exactly. That was terrible I wonder if sometimes they actually review their own animation before sending it?

IKSOKRIPS = X-O-Creeps IKSOKRIPS's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2011
    Need help with the Timeline of
    Naruto? I'm the man you need!

4/5

+ This episode was awesome, but not as awesome for a 5/5.
    + Itachi VS Naruto and Killer B in Taijutsu was really interesting. :y
    + I like how Nagato owned Naruto and Killer B without braking a sweat. :noc:

- On some scenes the animation was worst than s**t.
    - Itachi in the episode said that Shisui's Mangekyō Sharingan can activate again after decades, but the Manga said that need around a decade. . . . . . . . . that kinda doesn't seem right. :shrug:
    - Why the f**k did they made Shisui's eyes different colors! Did the Crow's Sharingan rusted or something! :mad:

Next episode: Nagato VS Naruto, Itachi and Killer B! AWESOMENESS! :mugi:

Last edited by IKSOKRIPS; 01-31-2013 at 02:00 PM.

Status
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by IKSOKRIPS View Post

- Why the f**k did they made Shisui's eyes different colors! Did the Crow's Sharingan rusted or something! :mad:

Next episode: Nagato VS Naruto, Itachi and Killer B! AWESOMENESS! :mugi:
    And why Shisui's eyes look round-shaped? In the manga, it clearly is square-shaped!

I give this episode a 4/5, too

Status
    This user has no status.

I almost came when they used that epic soundtrack for Amaterasu. Been ages waiting for this moment.

Status
    Dec 2012
    This user has no status.

Really poor animation. Very disappointed. I wanted this fight to be animated like Minato vs Tobi was; thats the naruto animation that I love and thats what makes this so annoying. We all know that they are capable of good animation for a weekly series so it's painful to see such an awesome moment from the manga animated so poorly.

The pacing was a little odd too with moments like when Killer Bee works as slow as he can towards Genjutsu clone Itachi (when he's being held by the tentacle).

They also skipped some scenes from Gaara's battlefield too with the Raikage and Mizukage laying waste to the the army which i'm guessing they've moved to a different episode.

The new music introduced was cool when itachi broke free, however i feel like they aren't using their music well, alot of the fighting had no music whatsoever. Konan vs tobi was a really good fight for example with the added music so this episode fell short in terms of music too despite introducing a nice soundtrack halfway through.

I really hope they improve the artwork and the animation for the anime because this is just horrible :/

(Also I am an animator myself so I understand the difficulty of animation and for the record the pain battle animation was not poor. It was an art/ animation direction that was not preferred by many but as an animator from the west I could appreciate the experimentation and risk they took with that style to emphasize certain movements which non animators only see as retard expressions as seen in numerous youtube videos mocking the pain battle )

Last edited by darksora; 01-31-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Let's Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by darksora View Post
    Really poor animation. Very disappointed. I wanted this fight to be animated like Minato vs Tobi was; thats the naruto animation that I love and thats what makes this so annoying. We all know that they are capable of good animation for a weekly series so it's painful to see such an awesome moment from the manga animated so poorly.

The pacing was a little odd too with moments like when Killer Bee works as slow as he can towards Genjutsu clone Itachi (when he's being held by the tentacle).

They also skipped some scenes from Gaara's battlefield too with the Raikage and Mizukage laying waste to the the army which i'm guessing they've moved to a different episode.

The new music introduced was cool when itachi broke free, however i feel like they aren't using their music well, alot of the fighting had no music whatsoever. Konan vs tobi was a really good fight for example with the added music so this episode fell short in terms of music too despite introducing a nice soundtrack halfway through.

I really hope they improve the artwork and the animation for the anime because this is just horrible :/

(Also I am an animator myself so I understand the difficulty of animation and for the record the pain battle animation was not poor. It was an art/ animation direction that was not preferred by many but as an animator from the west I could appreciate the experimentation and risk they took with that style to emphasize certain movements which non animators only see as retard expressions as seen in numerous youtube videos mocking the pain battle )
    Read post #41 and #45 I recommend you download the episode from the naruto homepage instead of stream online, the animation looks muchh better. I only found out 2 weeks ago.

As for the bit about gaara and the kages, that is not skipped there leaving all of that for most of February they just wanted to leave all the gaara stuff to one episode that's why they didn't do it before.

I thought the music all round for this episode was pretty good music was playing during the battle, it was quite though.

Status
    Dec 2012
    This user has no status.

Read post #41 and #45 I recommend you download the episode from the naruto homepage instead of stream online, the animation looks muchh better. I only found out 2 weeks ago.

As for the bit about gaara and the kages, that is not skipped there leaving all of that for most of February they just wanted to leave all the gaara stuff to one episode that's why they didn't do it before.

I thought the music all round for this episode was pretty good music was playing during the battle, it was quite though.
    yeah, like I said in my post I figured they were saving those scenes for later
    As for downloading in 720p, I watch it on crunchyroll so that's not an issue for me better resolution does not equal better animation quality, it only gives you clearer artwork. Animation is movement, framing, pacing, timing, staging etc not how blurry or crystal clear it is.
    As an example of bad animation and artwork look at when Nagato does almighty push whilst inside the chameleon on naruto, itachi and bee on what i mean.

Music was good, i suppose I'm just nitpicking but I've found that the war arc hasn't utilized music as well as past arcs have since alot of the fight scenes have very low music volume or no music at all.

EDIT: look at your avatar as an example too. killer bee vs Sasuke+taka was beautifully animated with great artwork too.

Status
    Oct 2010
    This user has no status.

To those complaining about the anime, how about we start buying the anime and manga. Maybe the companies will get more money? IDK...

Status
    Jan 2012
    The Alpha Wolf in the Wolf
    Pack

Action is good, but the animation quality is lacking like always...

Status
    Sep 2012
    Delivering Divine Justice

First episode I've watched since Sasuke vs Kages and Danzo. Is it just me or has the animation taken a huge dip in quality? I was waiting for this episode and I'm let down by the quality. Seriously hope they get it right before the whole Obito reveal.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Jaman Jama

Quote Originally Posted by Lilvic92 View Post
    Meh, I will hold my complaints about the animation once Madara shows up, they better go all out or I'ma have smack somebody. I hope next episode animation is better, should be a good fight.
    I actually agree.
    Cause foreal foreal. When Naruto goes BM
    they need to have the anime TOP TIP SHAPE

and whoever said the anime is better than bleach.. BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Jan 2013
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by sLm View Post
    I almost came when they used that epic soundtrack for Amaterasu. Been ages waiting for this moment.
    Yeah, Itachi got a theme song just for breaking out of edo haha, was awsome. The animation was so so, I was really hoping they'd pull out the big guns to animate this part

Status
    This user has no status.

That was a great episode (surprisingly funny it some parts, too) and it played out like I remembered in the manga! Definitely 4/5 for me. It was a bit too slow for my liking with all the talking and flashbacks, but necessary for story progression. The next episode looks like it'll have more action!

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

****ty animation for a ****ty battle. Pain couldn't catch SM Naruto(who is weaker than KM Naruto) for 6-7 chapters of fighting, Nagato catches both Naruto and KB instantly in one move. Talk about plot holes, whats next Itachi saves both Naruto and KB in one move and seals Nagato away? Oh wait...

Bring Trollkage vs Gaara and Onoki already this bs is retarded.

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

It's probably because I'm in a good mood but I didn't mind the animation that much. 4/5 for me, still saving my 5/5's for later.

That new soundtrack when Itachi broke free from edo tensei was great and then Kabuto's retarded look when he realized Itachi wasn't just some ordinary shinobi.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Let's Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi Edo View Post
    First episode I've watched since Sasuke vs Kages and Danzo. Is it just me or has the animation taken a huge dip in quality? I was waiting for this episode and I'm let down by the quality. Seriously hope they get it right before the whole Obito reveal.
    Yh am I'm with you I re-watched that episode recently as well if only the animation could have stayed just like that for the rest and special animation for important scenes, who knows maybe its just to expensive to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by SubZero89 View Post
    ****ty animation for a ****ty battle. Pain couldn't catch SM Naruto(who is weaker than KM Naruto) for 6-7 chapters of fighting, Nagato catches both Naruto and KB instantly in one move. Talk about plot holes, whats next Itachi saves both Naruto and KB in one move and seals Nagato away? Oh wait...

Bring Trollkage vs Gaara and Onoki already this bs is retarded.
    Well naruto is stronger as a whole once he is able to control the kyuubi's chakra but KM isn't far farr above SM, it is in speed and versatility but sage mode still has insane strength (and also some other perks) like lifting giant objects. Overall KM is stronger I would say even with the lack of insane strength so yh I somewhat agree.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    It's probably because I'm in a good mood but I didn't mind the animation that much. 4/5 for me, still saving my 5/5's for later.

That new soundtrack when Itachi broke free from edo tensei was great and then Kabuto's retarded look when he realized Itachi wasn't just some ordinary shinobi.

That track when itachi broke free was epic!!