Page 2 of 11 « First 123456 ... Last»
    Tobirama/Madara/Hashi fan Hipster Madara's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2010
    based-madara.tumblr.com

Re: (DrProof) Uzumaki Clans Reversal Sealing Mask

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    I think that those masks all have the power to call forth a specific 'Oni' or 'demon' - Minato and Hiruzen were just able to find a way of using the Shinigami with handseals alone. What each demon is capable of, I don't know, but perhaps they all have varying levels of sealing ability. Also, the Uzumaki caln were described as being 'abit savage'.
    This is a nice addition to the thread.

Banned
    Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipster Madara View Post
    I agree with the first bullet.
    Second is too much of an assumption seeing as one example does not provide a consistent pattern.
    Elaborate on the last one.
    Very true Hipster.

The third bullet I will explain now: Seeing as Minato was only able to seal the Kyuubi's Yin chakra, while as Mito Uzumaki was ale to seal the full on Kyuubi has me to believe that it wasn't just her willpower, but the Shinigami mask as well.

Banned
    Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    I think that those masks all have the power to call forth a specific 'Oni' or 'demon' - Minato and Hiruzen were just able to find a way of using the Shinigami with handseals alone. What each demon is capable of, I don't know, but perhaps they all have varying levels of sealing power. Also, the Uzumaki clan were described as being 'abit savage'.

I truly believe this concept as well, if you don't mind I'd like to add this quote in the following thread. Also, as the mask were all had different properties could very well have called upon other Oni's or Demon's to perform the reverse sealing.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Hungry for Bamboo

Quote Originally Posted by Derp Obito View Post
    I think each mask is dependent upon the shinigami it summons, hence, there is more than one shinigami in accordance to japanese folklore
    The mask is actually a Hanya mask... The shinigami looks like it in Naruto, but it can be any kind of Oni. They have one, two, or three horns. The shinigami in Naruto is hyped-up... regular shinigami's are what we in the West know as ghosts. They looks ugly, or decayed, and come to pick you up... multiple often...

Status

It's possible, personally, I think the others were just fakes to make it appear as if the masks were nothing special to outsiders. Either that, or maybe they were safeguards, and putting on any of the other masks caused the user to be sealed (or killed). Thus explaining why the scroll had very specific instructions, and even pictures of what the Shinigami mask looked like.

Last edited by Yo pappy; 01-31-2013 at 11:09 PM.

Banned
    Status
    Dec 2012
    0834-1917-9840

Each Shinigami mask could correspond to a particular Uzumaki Sealing Technique, hence the necessity of Orochimaru to identify the face of the Shinigami used in the Shiki Fuujin.

Quote Originally Posted by Yo pappy View Post
    It's possible, personally, I think the others were just fakes to make it appear as if the masks were nothing special to outsiders. Or maybe putting on any of the other masks caused the user to be sealed (or killed), thus why the scroll had very specific instructions, and even pictures of what the Shinigami mask looked like.
    No, I think it's in accordance to Japanese Folklore, unlike the west which has the Grim Reaper as the sole personification of death, in the eastern oriental counterpart, there's more than one, like the multiple Shinigamis of folklore.

Last edited by Sir Derp Obito; 01-31-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Tobirama/Madara/Hashi fan Hipster Madara's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2010
    based-madara.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by DrProof View Post
    Very true Hipster.

The third bullet I will explain now: Seeing as Minato was only able to seal the Kyuubi's Yin chakra, while as Mito Uzumaki was ale to seal the full on Kyuubi has me to believe that it wasn't just her willpower, but the Shinigami mask as well.
    This thread made me realize something but i dont make threads so ill just vm you. I think shinigami might have a different role but meh.
    But she was full blood and older. Most likely trained by Mito as well.

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Que rico...

Plausible.

Status
    Feb 2011
    IAmKing

Hmmmm I actually this the mark are seals themselves! The mask Orochimaru reacted the same way as when Minato and the 3rd used it. In order to seal ones soul, a sacrifice is/was needed. The whole process was the same, EXCEPT Orochiamru cut open the belly, thus "killing" the death god. So, if you're implying that those are mask made strictly for reversing seals, ill disagree. But if you're implying that are seal, capable of reversing their respectable/corresponding seals, than I agree.

Or the mask were simply fakes, to prevent just anyone using/finding the death god mask, especially since they were exposed/open to any and everything one.

Banned
    Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Yo pappy View Post
    It's possible, personally, I think the others were just fakes to make it appear as if the masks were nothing special to outsiders. Or maybe putting on any of the other masks caused the user to be sealed (or killed), thus why the scroll had very specific instructions, and even pictures of what the Shinigami mask looked like.

It could have very well been both of the defined speculations you just implied. But I have something extra to add, what if the sage created these Shinigami Mask? It was said he sealed the God of the universe "the Juubi". Maybe he created these Mask with chakra strong enough to perform sealing to a higher method etc.. We can only assume.

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

They could have also been used for rituals and only one has the direct connection to the shinigami. The main mask being worn by the head priest, which creates a connection to the reaper so he can perform their sacrifice to ensure a good harvest. Yay!

Status
    R.I.P Big Z you'll be missed!

Only the one mask was for sealing as no other uzumaki seals have been shown we can't assume tht the other 25 are for sealing. as oro said that he could sense the power of the mask.

Banned
    Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by -Odin- View Post

Plausible.
    Acknowledgment from Odin?
    Quote Originally Posted by blazekev90 View Post
    Hmmmm I actually this the mark are seals themselves! The mask Orochimaru reacted the same way as when Minato and the 3rd used it. In order to seal ones soul, a sacrifice is/was needed. The whole process was the same, EXCEPT Orochiamru cut open the belly, thus "killing" the death god. So, if you're implying that those are mask made strictly for reversing seals, ill disagree. But if you're implying that are seal, capable of reversing their respectable/corresponding seals, than I agree.

Or the mask were simply fakes, to prevent just anyone using/finding the death god mask, especially since they were exposed/open to any and everything one.
    Well I should have clarified this thread a bit more, I do indeed believe that the mask had different uses than just sealing, or empowering the users sealing ability to a higher level.

Banned
    Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Derp Obito View Post
    Well for starters I'm not Kage, I'm Sannin, second, I don't rep myself.

Hover the mouse over your rep bar, You are a kage. Kage under 2 months wtf ! That's bull Sh*it!

Status
    This user has no status.

Banned
    Status
    Dec 2012
    0834-1917-9840

Well I should have clarified this thread a bit more, I do indeed believe that the mask had different uses than just sealing, or empowering the users sealing ability to a higher level.

Is it therefore plausible to you that the Sage of the Six Paths was originally an Uzumaki then?

Status
    Mar 2010
    Thinking

Each Mask has it own purpose for both sealing and Un sealing. Suppose one of them is for Unsealing the Rinnegan or sealing it away.

Banned
    Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Roju View Post
    Only the one mask was for sealing as no other uzumaki seals have been shown we can't assume tht the other 25 are for sealing. as oro said that he could sense the power of the mask.
    Kushina was said to have taught Minato his sealing techniques correct? Minato has been shown to use the Eight Trigrams Sealing Style, as well as the Four Symbols Seal.. It is also seen that the Uzumaki Sealing Technique was used in the manga, so your assumption isn't correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi36 View Post
    Don't troll.

Banned
    Status
    Dec 2012
    0834-1917-9840

Quote Originally Posted by SAGA View Post

Hover the mouse over your rep bar, You are a kage. Kage under 2 months wtf ! That's bull Sh*it!
    Well, DrProof makes good threads, and I make funny ones, people love humor, hence, the reps.

Status
    Feb 2011
    IAmKing

Yeah, because at first it seems you're saying they are all restricted to reversing seals. That surely isn't the case and very unlikely, but I get it more now