Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: itachi's gift

I think Itachi knew more then we can predict. So to find out what he gave Naruto and what he was giving it for, we got to know what he knew about Madaras plan. But I agree with you Nanaki, I also think is more ment for Sauske. But if it`s meant for suakse it`s somewhat made for Madara since they have some similarities i power (Sharingan:P)?

Kurama the unchained NineTailedSage's Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smokin purp with grandpa toad.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyria View Post
    No, not really. They had large natural chakra supplies but that's just more of a trait rather then a Kekkei Genkai. Kekkei Genkai's are more obvious.
    Change it back Val:mad:, I wasn't complaining, just starring bro.:D

Kurama the unchained NineTailedSage's Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smokin purp with grandpa toad.

Kekke genki could be any trait specific to a clan.
    Monstrous healing ability might be a precursor to being a vessel for all bijuus.
    Naruto is most likely a senju descendant through one of his parents kushina or minato could have been of senju decent, we don't know.
    so his kekkei genkai is something to do with his healing ability.
    Multiple kekkei genkais are a possibility also, but with the foxes chakra mixed with narutos its hard for them to be distinguished.
    itachis gift to naruto was prob a weapon rather than a jutsu or special chakra boost. Naruto only misses a good weapon, he can learn difficult jutsus, and he already has chakra to kill.

Last edited by NineTailedSage; 10-22-2009 at 10:56 PM.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMarke View Post
    Ok.

First paragraph: you kinda contradict yourself here.
    when Itachi said "I have given you some of my power, I pray that you won't have to use it", that may could still mean reading the tablet. (Power can also mean ability, Duh!, though we don't know the extent of how/what Itachi can transfer.)
    The tablet has details on the Rikudo sennin, if Naruto needed to read that then that would mean Madara's "eye of moon" plan had proceeded to that point and that would have been past Itachi's comfort zone. (Itachi wanted to stop Madara getting to his brother and try to protect peace in the world)

Reply's to the rest

1) yeah but that would be just another cheesey power up,
    "Yay, Naruto can now burn stuff to a crisp, this somehow outclasses the illusive wind chakra's ability to deal enough microscopic damage to someone's cell's that their flesh would begin to liquify".

2) somewhat valid but nonetheless unlikely.
    the amount of Kyubi chakra Naruto accesses without help is on the boundary of not dealing any damage to him, basically, when only his eye's show kyubi chakra, any futher and he would start to form the Fox' cloak with burns his skin off. (though thats merely conjecture)

3) Can't really think of a point that really sticks other than, Naruto's seal which holds half of the kyubi's power is getting weaker, hold the jyubi which is however many times bigger.................you get the idea.

and thats about it.

I pretty much think that its the power to read that stone tablet aswell. (either that or a way to counter Sasuke's Mangekyo DeathHAXgan.)
    Yes its possible that the power was to read the tablet but how is that relevant? What good can come of seeing whats on the tablet Naruto is niether capable of the Sharingan or the Rinnengan, maybe the info might be useful for discivering the power of the uchiha and a way to destroy it or Itachi had placed the final Key to unlocking a perfect susanoo and Itachi knows Naruto would never let sasuke get his hand on it I don't know.

But bottom line is Itachi thinks on a whole nother level like the 4th who also has somethin in store for his son. And lastly it would be redundant for Narutoto get the fire style change in chakra but to have water with it Naruto becomes the perfect partner or foe for sasuke that would be superb

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by zumorikato View Post
    Everybody made good and valid points, so I think we are al speculating on this matter, why not can I? ; )

Well I would look at Itachi in his position what he would do to find the answer, rather than concentrating on what Naruto would need in order to "save the day".

If I look at Itachi i see a broken man, torn between left and right and not able to pick any side. The one side Sasuke, the other side, the village/world. I would say he was hoping deep in his heart that Sasuke might be the saviour of the village/world, while Minato was hoping Naruto was the saviour of the village/world. So you can see the resemblance between the two characters and their respective parties. Minato "gave" Naruto something, in the frog scroll from the Jman we dont know yet what it might be, and Itachi gave Sasuke his Do-jitsu powers.

I think Itachi came to the realisation that Sasuke have fallen astray and might not be the saviour like he wished for, but he still had hope for Sasuke and clinged to the possibility that Sasuke might turn good, with a bit of Naruto "orientation" cough fuuton rasenshuriken cough cough if you know what I mean ; )

So following this trait, I presume the gift Itachi gave Naruto is a fail-safe in case Sasuke turns evil, and that he was hoping Naruto would not need to use it, this indactes to me that it would be something that could be dangerous to either Naruto or Sasuke. Not the village. ; ) SO I think this relates to something between Naruto and Sasuke only, and not for something Naruto would use to protect the village/world against Madara, but to save it against Sasuke!!!

Now that we have narrowed it down a little, I believe its something that Itachi gave to Naruto inorder to protect Naruto from something he gave Sasuke, because he didnt know what Sasukes power consisted of prior to their battle, to gave him something against that ~.~ . So, as we could see later in the manga, that Itachi only gave Sasuke his do-jitusus, and not his intellect aswell. this can be confirmed with the stupid choices Sasuke makes, (Like attacking the 5 kages head on). Thus I came to the conclusion that the gift Itachi was refering to, have to be something to counter a/all of the Do jitsus that he gave to Sasuke, this gift will do damage, to one or either party if I analyse his concern correctly. So this "gift" will be not just a defensive gift, but also an offensive gift.

TO speculate what the gift exactly is, is the only thing that we can do because there is no clear evidence as to what it might be. but I have read in another's post that they think it might be an amulet of some power to counter Sasukes Ametarsu ect. which sound plausible.

Ill leave you with that, but thats my grasp on the situation.
    I have similar thoughts and your post begs the question does Itachi now believe in Naruto and his will of fire?

I think we can all conclude that Naruto is by far a mystery up to this point being the outcast up until now with the mentioning of his parents only recently being dropped.
    Itachi's heart was for the village and he truly loved his brother hence the fact that he didn't kill him when Sasuke was younger, however could it have been that Itachi saw the same arrogance in his brother as he did that fateful day when Itachi clowned his father and the whole tribe because he knew of their plot to overthrow Konoha?

Things are coming full circle and only when more light is shed from the manga will we what's to come, until than its beyond comprehension, but I hope some one is right i'd like to think someone has a handle on this

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ZGMFX1586Edea View Post
    Isn't the requirement to read the tablet is to have at least a Sharingan eye or Rinnegan? Which in this case its impossible, cause Itachi never give Naruto his Sharingan. Besides, in manga, doesn't Itachi said something like this: "I have given you some of my power, I pray that you won't have to use it". This fact concludes that despite its only "some" of his power, the wish to not use it unless its absolutely necessary gives hint on its strength. Honestly, I have no idea what that gift is, but i came up with some suggestions on what it might be (Although its possible that its neither one of the list). This is what i think it is:

1. The ability to use Fire style (Katon), which probably in later manga, naruto will use it to form some sort of Fuuton : Rasen-Shuriken with some other S-Rank Fire Style combination jutsu though I have no idea what it is. Since the wind part will feed the fire part with enormous attack power, It could be something that's so dangerous Itachi prefer him not to use it.

2. Some sort of jutsu that allow Naruto to tap into Kyuubi's power/chakra in a more advance way, allowing him to draw out more of Kyuubi's power. This too is very dangerous. Since sharingan is not necessarily needed to control a bijuu (First Hokage) and the fact Uchiha Madara controlled Kyuubi during the attack on Konoha 16 years ago, It's possible that Uchiha Itachi has come up with a way to do the same thing (Uchiha Clan).

3. Jutsu that the Sage of the Six Path used to contain Juubi in his body, as a last resort incase its needed...this too can explain his concern about Naruto's using it.

Basically..This list is pure imagination. It can be one of those, which i doubt it somehow. It can be neither also, which is very likely. Either way, thats my opinion on Itachi's gift to Naruto. Peace ^_^

dude.... the only possibility is that worried itachi is sauske destroying konaha if that's gonna happen he will face off with naruto then the power that could possibly help is some sort of defense against sasuno or sauske's sharingan or MS ............. or else Madara's MS

Last edited by kagaekrish; 10-23-2009 at 12:56 AM.

Status
    Jan 2009
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    Post Thanks / Like
    "It’is undivided, but
    exists in all divided things
    as if it has been divided; it
    is also the sustainer of all
    things, as it is also their
    absorber and also their
    creator. "

Quote Originally Posted by Dtoxxdasavvyone View Post
    I have similar thoughts and your post begs the question does Itachi now believe in Naruto and his will of fire?

I think we can all conclude that Naruto is by far a mystery up to this point being the outcast up until now with the mentioning of his parents only recently being dropped.
    Itachi's heart was for the village and he truly loved his brother hence the fact that he didn't kill him when Sasuke was younger, however could it have been that Itachi saw the same arrogance in his brother as he did that fateful day when Itachi clowned his father and the whole tribe because he knew of their plot to overthrow Konoha?

Good point. I never paid attention to that kind of comaparison. It makes sense and fits in what could have been Itachi's reasoning.

Page 2 of 2 « First 12