Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    You-Know-Who Mante's Avatar
    Status
    Mante is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    not here >_>
    Posts
    6,615
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the status of this
    guy.
     

    US Church release Priest abuse file

    Now please don't hate me for this: click here.
     
         
    Last edited by Mante; 02-01-2013 at 09:17 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Braveknight's Avatar
    Status
    Braveknight is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    fighting on front lines with Goku
    Posts
    5,255
    Post Thanks / Like
    meh
     

    Re: US Church release Priest abuse file

    LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles, after years of legal battles, released files on Thursday of priests accused of molesting children and removed a top clergyman who had been linked to efforts to conceal the abuse.
    Archbishop Jose Gomez said he had stripped his predecessor, retired Cardinal Roger Mahony, of all public and administrative duties. Mahony's former top aide, Thomas Curry, stepped down as bishop of Santa Barbara.
    "I find these files to be brutal and painful reading. The behavior described in these files is terribly sad and evil," Gomez said in a statement released by the nation's largest Catholic archdiocese.
    "There is no excuse, no explaining away what happened to these children. The priests involved had the duty to be their spiritual fathers and they failed," he said.
    A spokesman for a victims' support group said that the removal of Mahony and Curry was long overdue and a small step after the church spent years fighting to protect them.
    "Hand-slapping Mahony is a nearly meaningless gesture," said David Clohessy, director of the Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests, or SNAP.
    "When he had real power, and abused it horribly, he should have been demoted or disciplined by the church hierarchy, in Rome and in the U.S. But not a single Catholic cleric anywhere had the courage to even denounce him. Shame on them," he said.
    The 12,000 pages of files were made public more than a week after church records relating to 14 priests were unsealed as part of a separate civil suit, showing that church officials plotted to conceal the molestation from law enforcement as late as 1987.
    Those documents showed that Mahony, 76, and Curry, 70, his top adviser, both worked to send priests accused of abuse out of state to shield known molesters in the clergy from law enforcement scrutiny in the 1980s.
    SENT AWAY
    Mahony and Curry also tried to keep priests sent away to a Church-run pedophile treatment center from later revealing their misconduct to private therapists who would be obligated to report the crimes to police, the documents showed.
    Among the documents released on Thursday was the personnel file of Father Jose Ugarte, which contains a 1993 letter to an archdiocese official from a man whose name was redacted and who wrote that Ugarte began sexually abusing him in 1983 when he was 17.
    A document in the file says that in 1994, then-Archbishop Mahony and Ugarte reached an agreement requiring the Spanish priest to "leave the United States and take up permanent residence in Spain" and not to return without the express consent of the archbishop of Los Angeles for seven years. The final outcome in that case was not immediately clear.
    Patrick Wall, 47, a former priest who is a consultant for plaintiffs and prosecutors in Catholic sex abuse cases, said the documents suggested that Mahony had been trying to avoid a public legal case against the priest.
    "The important thing is those kinds of documents have never been produced before," Wall said.
    Los Angeles prosecutors have said they will review and evaluate the documents, this batch of which includes 124 personnel files, 82 of which have information on allegations of sexual abuse, according to the archdiocese.
    The Los Angeles archdiocese, which serves 4 million Catholics, reached a $660 million civil settlement in 2007 with more than 500 victims of child molestation in the biggest such agreement of its kind in the nation, and Mahony at the time called the abuse "a terrible sin and crime."
    Victims' advocates have accused Church leaders of continuing to obfuscate their role in the scandal, and cite the newly released confidential letters and memos as a "smoking gun" proving complicity by Mahony and others.
    (Reporting by Dan Whitcomb and Alex Dobuzinskis; Writing by Dan Whitcomb; Editing by Cynthia Johnston and Lisa Shumaker)
     
         

  3. #3
    MarkPaul's Avatar
    Status
    MarkPaul is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    小岩 日本
    Posts
    2,854
    Post Thanks / Like
    明日は大切なものよ。
     

    Re: US Church release Priest abuse file

    Cant copy paste on phone? What phone you using? Nokia? .
     
         

  4. #4
    虚, ホロウ -Tremendous-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Tremendous- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    U.A.E
    Posts
    2,347
    Post Thanks / Like
    月牙天衝
     

    Re: US Church release Priest abuse file

    Quote Originally Posted by Braveknight View Post
    LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles, after years of legal battles, released files on Thursday of priests accused of molesting children and removed a top clergyman who had been linked to efforts to conceal the abuse.
    Archbishop Jose Gomez said he had stripped his predecessor, retired Cardinal Roger Mahony, of all public and administrative duties. Mahony's former top aide, Thomas Curry, stepped down as bishop of Santa Barbara.
    "I find these files to be brutal and painful reading. The behavior described in these files is terribly sad and evil," Gomez said in a statement released by the nation's largest Catholic archdiocese.
    "There is no excuse, no explaining away what happened to these children. The priests involved had the duty to be their spiritual fathers and they failed," he said.
    A spokesman for a victims' support group said that the removal of Mahony and Curry was long overdue and a small step after the church spent years fighting to protect them.
    "Hand-slapping Mahony is a nearly meaningless gesture," said David Clohessy, director of the Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests, or SNAP.
    "When he had real power, and abused it horribly, he should have been demoted or disciplined by the church hierarchy, in Rome and in the U.S. But not a single Catholic cleric anywhere had the courage to even denounce him. Shame on them," he said.
    The 12,000 pages of files were made public more than a week after church records relating to 14 priests were unsealed as part of a separate civil suit, showing that church officials plotted to conceal the molestation from law enforcement as late as 1987.
    Those documents showed that Mahony, 76, and Curry, 70, his top adviser, both worked to send priests accused of abuse out of state to shield known molesters in the clergy from law enforcement scrutiny in the 1980s.
    SENT AWAY
    Mahony and Curry also tried to keep priests sent away to a Church-run pedophile treatment center from later revealing their misconduct to private therapists who would be obligated to report the crimes to police, the documents showed.
    Among the documents released on Thursday was the personnel file of Father Jose Ugarte, which contains a 1993 letter to an archdiocese official from a man whose name was redacted and who wrote that Ugarte began sexually abusing him in 1983 when he was 17.
    A document in the file says that in 1994, then-Archbishop Mahony and Ugarte reached an agreement requiring the Spanish priest to "leave the United States and take up permanent residence in Spain" and not to return without the express consent of the archbishop of Los Angeles for seven years. The final outcome in that case was not immediately clear.
    Patrick Wall, 47, a former priest who is a consultant for plaintiffs and prosecutors in Catholic sex abuse cases, said the documents suggested that Mahony had been trying to avoid a public legal case against the priest.
    "The important thing is those kinds of documents have never been produced before," Wall said.
    Los Angeles prosecutors have said they will review and evaluate the documents, this batch of which includes 124 personnel files, 82 of which have information on allegations of sexual abuse, according to the archdiocese.
    The Los Angeles archdiocese, which serves 4 million Catholics, reached a $660 million civil settlement in 2007 with more than 500 victims of child molestation in the biggest such agreement of its kind in the nation, and Mahony at the time called the abuse "a terrible sin and crime."
    Victims' advocates have accused Church leaders of continuing to obfuscate their role in the scandal, and cite the newly released confidential letters and memos as a "smoking gun" proving complicity by Mahony and others.
    (Reporting by Dan Whitcomb and Alex Dobuzinskis; Writing by Dan Whitcomb; Editing by Cynthia Johnston and Lisa Shumaker)
    molesting :0
     
         

  5. #5
    You-Know-Who Mante's Avatar
    Status
    Mante is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    not here >_>
    Posts
    6,615
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the status of this
    guy.
     

    Re: US Church release Priest abuse file

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkPaul View Post
    Cant copy paste on phone? What phone you using? Nokia? .
    my phone is ok. I can copy paste but can't copy web articles. But I can browse internet freely 24 hrs a day with this phone, so my phone basically pwns iPhone even lol
     
         

  6. #6
    Member halfmoonuzumaki's Avatar
    Status
    halfmoonuzumaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    235
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: US Church release Priest abuse file

    Honestly makes me sick to call myself a Catholic.
    This is not the work of God,
    This is the work of sick twisted freaks abusing their way into the holy system to get away with raping children.
     
         

  7. #7
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: US Church release Priest abuse file

    :rofl:

    Priests: "lets ban the right for us to marry."

    Sheep: "You're so wise."

    Priests: "Now, would you like to donate a little a boy?"
     
         

  8. #8
    Senior Member Stencil's Avatar
    Status
    Stencil is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Den Haag
    Posts
    5,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been quite inactive...
     



    Re: US Church release Priest abuse file

    Quote Originally Posted by Mante View Post
    my phone is ok. I can copy paste but can't copy web articles. But I can browse internet freely 24 hrs a day with this phone, so my phone basically pwns iPhone even lol
    You being able to browse your phone 24/7 has nothing to do with the phone, it's to do with your contract *sy* How the **** does it 'pwn(s)[I thought that expression was used by kids under the age of 14' an iPhone?


    Original Post: Yeah, it's ****ing sick. Makes me wanna throw up.
     
         

  9. #9
    Uchiha-Versteherin Kikki's Avatar
    Status
    Kikki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    where things will end badly
    Posts
    1,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    waiting for the miracle to
    come...
     

    Re: US Church release Priest abuse file

    Makes me sick to constantly hear that. Allow these people to marry to shoot them.
     
         

  10. #10
    J & A YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    Posts
    11,065
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer
     

    Re: US Church release Priest abuse file

    Look at my sig. It seems we got one on the base also D:<
     
         

  11. #11
    Served fresh daily
    Status
    Wang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    5,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, it feels good to be a
    wangsta
     

    Re: US Church release Priest abuse file

    Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    Look at my sig. It seems we got one on the base also D:<
    Someone should ban that sicko!
     
         

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Status
    ThomasJeffersonwasasadist is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Horny and sadistic with a dash
    of racism
     

    Re: US Church release Priest abuse file

    these are the holy men of God? if priests don't take your religion seriously what excuse do you people have? they talk BS to f your wallets then they f your children while you confess saying the "lords" naming in vain to them. look up the definition of brainwashing then tell me your not brainwashed with a straight face.
     
         

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Status
    drknght is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,459
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: US Church release Priest abuse file

    "America don't count". I mean, priests in America are not controlled anyhow by Benedict xvi. This is very strange.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •