Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "When I watch this boy, I
    think back to when I was once
    called a genius, and realize
    how ridiculous that was."
    - Orochimaru

Obito or Nobito? Cant see the forest for the tree's!

Disclaimer: People have this habit of scrolling down, reading the first paragraph or 2, skimming through some of the rest, and then creating there own synopsis of what I am saying. Said synopsis is normally always wrong. What I am saying is not neccesarily saying that Obito is weak, but what I am saying is that the guy has done NOTHING to attain power for himself, no training, no nothing.. Now read what I say below to find out WHY i say that.

Strolling through this forum I see alot of Obito fans out there and alot of people who think he is actually strong, so much so as to rank him as top 15 or dare I sau top 10.

Below are just going to be a few facts that should reveal to you his true strength level, but first let me point something out:

Obito got into the accident that took half his body as a gennin which at that time all he knew was genjutsu, sharingan and fireball jutsu. He was then saved by Madara who offered him a new look on life, one where he eventually followed after watching Kakashi kill Rin thus giving him MS. (Another reason why Sharingan users dont actually have to kill someone to gain MS, they just need to see a traumatic death)

Now it is my theory that from this point on Obito has had very little training if any what so ever. Now alot of people think, "WHAT NO TRAINING, HE WAS TRAINED BY MADARA YOU FAN BOY, TRAINED BY ONE OF THE STRONGEST UCHIHA"... Really? The same uchiha who was 80+ years old? The same Uchiha who was on his deathbed? We know this because he created black zetsu placing his will into white zetsu before dying, we know that black zetsu was with obito when he spoke to Nagato, thus Madara was death before that point. Also keep in mind that Madara couldnt leave that small cave as being connected to the tree was the only thing keeping him alive. I find it humorous when people claim that this is the man who trained Obito.

Conclusion:

Obito has had no real training after leaving the Village other than what he may have practiced on his own.

Facts:

- The guy litterally lives by the motto of those who dont want to be noticed shouldnt make waves and spends all his time borrowing the strength of the people around him rather than accumulating some for his own.

- We havent seen Obito use any techniques other than what we know him to have already known as a genin.

- He shows he has knowledge of the Amaterasu by knowing how to put it out, but he did read the tablet of Uchiha family secrets while destroying the village so there are many things about the uchiha that he may know. This knowledge is not a part of training.

- He does display skills at Taijutsu and quick reflexes but this is a result of having hashirama's cells inside of him along with the sharingan, and dont forget that Uchihas are naturally good at taijutsu. What he has displayed so far is all part of the norm.

- Hashirama cells allow him to spam MS abilities without taking much damage or losing much stamina, anyone who can spam MS abilities is bound to be seen as being strong. But again no training is needed for this as MS abilities are really what they are all the time. You can make yourself or the things around you any MORE intangible through training.

- Obito gives off the illusion of being powerful by the way he always acts, he is never really scared to challenge someone not even minato (who he loses to), and remember when he was sitting back watching Sasuke fight Danzo? The guy looked badass when he was doing that, but all of this cockyness comes from his ability to spam MS, the guy is intangible and can teleport whereever he wants as much as he wants. That is not a result of training, just hashirama cells.

- Obito has a pretty bad track record in fights being captured by yamato and kakashi before teleporting away, losing to minato, wasnt sakura even able to land a punch on him? Now he is in the ninja war controlling the jinchiriki, all thanks to gedo, and while doing so he cant use any chakra or even use rinegan... While kabuto on the other hand is controlling 40+ Edo Tensie's without breaking a sweat. Now if your going to say controlling jinchurikis is harder than controlling the will of hokages/hokage level ninja who are even more oppose to what they are doing since they are forced to fight there own comrades and would put up more of a fight against kabuto's jutsu then I dont know what to tell you. To me what Kabuto is doing is alot more powerfull than what Obito is doing, heck the 3rd Raikage himself was on even footing with the 8 tails in endurance and chakra.

- As you can see there are alot of things that have made Obito strong apart from actual training and hardwork, and I hope now that I have pointed them out you guys will be able to see the forest through the tree's.

Lastly as you all can see Obito isnt too strong apart from having hashirama cells, he has had no training in using any particular jutsu other than fireball jutsu or any other jutsu he may have picked up from the hidden village, granted he may have copied some jutsu with his sharingan but he still has had no training in using them effectively. He has had no training in taijutsu only being as strong as he is, which isnt very strong, due to his uchiha and senju DNA.

If you ask me Obito is just a weak uchiha who was lucky enough to have Hashirama cells fall into his lap and if he wasnt lucky enough to SEE Kakashi kill Rin when he did then he wouldnt even have MS. The guy has a bad habit of being in the right place at the right time and becomes stronger as a part of that. But at heart his base skill level is still that of a genin maybe even a chunin.

Last edited by FearxDeath; 02-01-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Obito or Nobito? Cant see the forest for the tree's!

You don't have him in your top 10? He had 7 bijuu, 6 jinchuuriki, gedo mazo, rinnengan, mokuton and the most overpowered ms technique. I don't see any character beating him in his prime except maybe Kabuto.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We all die.

Still, Obito is a beast.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    They say I 'm a troubled boy,
    just because I like to
    destroy, all the things that
    bring the idiots joy. Well,
    what's wrong with a little
    destruction?

Some other, inside facts:

Minato said his space/time jutsu is even better than his. He also considered him the biggest threat out there.

Itachi also considered him a threat and didn't even ever try to attack him, as opposed to how he handled Orochimaru.

No one in the series no matter how hard they tried ever managed to hit him without the help of Kakashi, who I should remind you owes his power to Obito's eye.

Most of the times he fights one against many and he is still alive and well. His opponents not very so.

Don't tell me anything about Konan because he gave her all the handicaps one could give to their opponent and still won.

So all in all I think he is pretty much as strong as they tell you, don't deny that.

The guy owns a special dimension come on :P

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hungry for Bamboo

That 80+ year old guy has access to a matrix-like training room... go figure.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    - Orochimaru

Corrected

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo4 View Post
    Some other, inside facts:

Minato said his space/time jutsu is even better than his. He also considered him the biggest threat out there.
    I dont recall this ever happening, show me a scan please. Even so he was still defeated by minato so your point is moot

Itachi also considered him a threat and didn't even ever try to attack him, as opposed to how he handled Orochimaru.
    Itachi only attacked Orochimaru because Orochimaru was going to try to attack him and steal his body. Also Itachi never stated that he considered him a threat. If your basing this assumtion on the fact that he never attacked Obito, the person who at the time was just another member of the akatsuki and not its leader, then I can name 100 people that itachi never attacked but had the oppurtunity to. And to defeated your faulty assumption youd have to tell me why he didnt attack each and everyone of them.

No one in the series no matter how hard they tried ever managed to hit him without the help of Kakashi, who I should remind you owes his power to Obito's eye.
    Yes, I brought up his eye, did you even read the thread. Yes he can SPAM MS abilities thanks to the hashirama cells, but without that he can only use them what, 3 maybe 4 times?

Most of the times he fights one against many and he is still alive and well. His opponents not very so.
    Spamming Intangibility FTW, how strong would Sasuke be if he could spam Amaterasu?

Don't tell me anything about Konan because he gave her all the handicaps one could give to their opponent and still won.
    You made some noise but didnt say a single thing? Please elaborate on this handicaps as I dont humor conjecture

So all in all I think he is pretty much as strong as they tell you, don't deny that.
    Denied

The guy owns a special dimension come on :P
    The guy owns a Sharingan, The Sharingan owns the dimension.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    May the dark shine your way

I completely agree with you
    great thread

to even add one point:
    he got himself izanagi by pretty much cheating with hashi cells and a huge collection of stolen sharingan

i´m not saying he´s not strong, he´s just strong out of the wrong reasons

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    - Orochimaru

Quote Originally Posted by Cocytus View Post
    I completely agree with you
    great thread

to even add one point:
    he got himself izanagi by pretty much cheating with hashi cells and a huge collection of stolen sharingan

i´m not saying he´s not strong, he´s just strong out of the wrong reasons
    Exactly, He is strong because everyone around him has made him strong. Madara gave him Hashirama cells, Kakashi killed Rin infront of him giving him MS, Spiral Mask Zetsu Merged with him, etc... The guy has no personal merits.