Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "When I watch this boy, I
    think back to when I was once
    called a genius, and realize
    how ridiculous that was."
    - Orochimaru

Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo4 View Post
    I know it is unfair but still I wouldn't like it to be like " Oh man we are doomed....wait! the dead Hokages came to the rescue! go get them zombie father and zombie Hashirama". It's just not right because it's the good guys.

And of course it means the younger generation failed. That's actually common sense right now, but if Kishimoto develops the younger generation further maybe , who knows, they can surpass the older one.

That would be an entirely different story. Still I don't see that happening. I mean really, Minato and Hashirama being dragged here and there by Sasuke and Co. ? That would be the most degrading thing ever don't you think?
    Your a little confused about the younger generation surpassing the Older. They have already done that, we have already seen this by watching Gaara, Oonoki and Naruto take on the older kage. But at the same time I dont think bringing back the Older kage means the younger generation didnt surpass them, mainly because the older generation never had to deal with the juubi. None of the generations have. To say it is perfectly fair for the enemies side to awaken the strongest zombies ever along with the juubi, one of the most powerful tailed beasts in existence and then turn around and say it is not ok for the good guys to summon 4 hokages (because 4 hokages obviously and clearly turn things in favor of the good guys) is just bias and one sided...Considering the major accomplishments the younger generation has already completed I dont think the summoning of 4 hokages are going to make them any less, especially considering that even with the hokages they can still easily lose.

Degrading to who? The Hokage that are being forced to save the world or degrading to sasuke who is preventing madara from destroying the village before he does. Or was it not degrading for Kabuto to summon all those other guys to fight on his side? Your views to me seem pretty one sided. Everything you are saying is bad has already been done on a far larger scale by the bad guys and yet you seem completely fine with it, or maybe it is different because it is the good guys doing it, well thats if you consider sasuke and oro good guys. Hmm...

Last edited by FearxDeath; 02-02-2013 at 07:22 AM.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    They say I 'm a troubled boy,
    just because I like to
    destroy, all the things that
    bring the idiots joy. Well,
    what's wrong with a little
    destruction?

Quote Originally Posted by FearxDeath View Post
    Your a little confused about the younger generation surpassing the Older. They have already done that, we have already seen this by watching Gaara, Oonoki and Naruto take on the older kage. But at the same time I dont think bringing back the Older kage means the younger generation didnt surpass them, mainly because the older generation never had to deal with the juubi. None of the generations have. To say it is perfectly fair for the enemies side to awaken the strongest zombies ever along with the juubi, one of the most powerful tailed beasts in existence and then turn around and say it is not ok for the good guys to summon 4 hokages (because 4 hokages obviously and clearly turn things in favor of the good guys) is just bias and one sided...Considering the major accomplishments the younger generation has already completed I dont think the summoning of 4 hokages are going to make them any less, especially considering that even with the hokages they can still easily lose.

Degrading to who? The Hokage that are being forced to save the world or degrading to sasuke who is preventing madara from destroying the village before he does. Or was it not degrading for Kabuto to summon all those other guys to fight on his side? Your views to me seem pretty one sided. Everything you are saying is bad has already been done on a far larger scale by the bad guys and yet you seem completely fine with it, or maybe it is different because it is the good guys doing it, well thats if you consider sasuke and oro good guys. Hmm...
    No I am not confused at all :P
    If the good guys (alliance) rely on the dead Kages to beat the villains (no matter who they are, dead , alive , anything) they admit they are worse than them.Nice and simple don't you think? Yes one of the villains is an Edo but the alliance have a tremendous arithmetic advantage and Naruto who is supposed to be "oh-wow-so-strong-the-new-Sage".

As for the degrading part. Suppose you are Minato right. Or Hashirama even worse. You, a legend are Sasuke's pawn? If that isn't degrading then what is? It's another fact if they broke free and act on their free will. Then it's not degrading at all I give you that. But I was referring to the scenario where they are dragged around as Orochimaru's dogs.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Orochimaru has no interest in this war, why don't people get this. The Hokage were brought back to tell Sasuke what he wants to know and nothing more.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

All this time that Kabuto used his zombies, everybody and his mother-in-law from the good guys' side was saying "That jutsu is just unethical, to trouble the dead and use them like that". So how could they welcome 4 (or less that's not the point) zombies to fight from their side against the villains?

Also it would be wrong because this way the younger generation would show that not only they did not surpass the previous but are still way behind. (What would Neji's spirit think about that? :P)

So because of this facts I think that if Kishimoto brings them back to the battlefield it will be just bad writing and would serve only as a way to please some fanbases, which an author shouldn't do because that would be marketing instead of writing.

If you disagree feel free to bombard me with counter-arguments but please avoid stupid comments.
    isn't it kinda destined for hashirama to beat madara, and who else can beat madara atm? it's pretty obvious they will fight
    isn't it destined for minato to know who the masked man was, his student, knowing that his own student destroyed half his village and made him and his wife sacrefice, aren't we destined to know minato's reaction to that?
    it's pretty obvious they will fight but i can't be too harsh on you because now the uchiha fanboys are panicking because they know it's over for their precious madara and obito

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    just because I like to
    destruction?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperius View Post
    isn't it kinda destined for hashirama to beat madara, and who else can beat madara atm? it's pretty obvious they will fight
    isn't it destined for minato to know who the masked man was, his student, knowing that his own student destroyed half his village and made him and his wife sacrefice, aren't we destined to know minato's reaction to that?
    it's pretty obvious they will fight but i can't be too harsh on you because now the uchiha fanboys are panicking because they know it's over for their precious madara and obito
    You are missing the point of my thread completely.

Read what I wrote before you start the tape about fanboys and stuff.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

You are missing the point of my thread completely.

Read what I wrote before you start the tape about fanboys and stuff.
    i did read everything, and kishi made whole this "this scroll can change the tide of the war" and all that just so he can bring back the hokages for a coffee chat and then make them leave again still not knowing their full power? LOL, now that's great writing, bring back the 4 strongest ninjas and make them only talk sitting on a table sipping a cup of tea xD

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    just because I like to
    destruction?

i did read everything, and kishi made whole this "this scroll can change the tide of the war" and all that just so he can bring back the hokages for a coffee chat and then make them leave again still not knowing their full power? LOL, now that's great writing, bring back the 4 strongest ninjas and make them only talk sitting on a table sipping a cup of tea xD
    When Suigetsu says what you quoted he didn't have Edo Tensei in mind. Proof for that is that he didn't want Orochimaru to get revived. So either there is more in the scroll than what we saw or Suigetsu is plain dumb.

Otherwise yes I agree with you that would be bad writing too.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

When Suigetsu says what you quoted he didn't have Edo Tensei in mind. Proof for that is that he didn't want Orochimaru to get revived. So either there is more in the scroll than what we saw or Suigetsu is plain dumb.

Otherwise yes I agree with you that would be bad writing too.
    but suigetsu knew well enough that hokages were sealed and in that scrolled is said how they can be release, making suigetsu say "this scroll can change the tide of the war". also, i'm pretty sure minato meeting up with the masked man (his own student), his own student that made him sacrefice himself and his wife, his own student that made naruto grow up without parents.
    hashirama seeing that his rival is still alive and tormenting the future and not only konoha but the whole world, tobirama seeing how his own jutsu is the cause of most the destruction in the fourth great ninja war <--- how is that bad writing?

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    just because I like to
    destruction?

but suigetsu knew well enough that hokages were sealed and in that scrolled is said how they can be release, making suigetsu say "this scroll can change the tide of the war". also, i'm pretty sure minato meeting up with the masked man (his own student), his own student that made him sacrefice himself and his wife, his own student that made naruto grow up without parents.
    hashirama seeing that his rival is still alive and tormenting the future and not only konoha but the whole world, tobirama seeing how his own jutsu is the cause of most the destruction in the fourth great ninja war <--- how is that bad writing?
    They can be informed about all that, but the living should deal with these problems.

Also you are skipping the "hypocritical" part of my argument. If you were Kakashi, the guy who said "this jutsu is unethical bla bla bla" would you welcome the zombies to fight on your side because you are not good enough to stop your old friend?
    I guess not right?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

They can be informed about all that, but the living should deal with these problems.

Also you are skipping the "hypocritical" part of my argument. If you were Kakashi, the guy who said "this jutsu is unethical bla bla bla" would you welcome the zombies to fight on your side because you are not good enough to stop your old friend?
    I guess not right?
    no, but who's going to stop the juubi, madara and obito now? madara needs 1 meteor and it's over for most of the shinobi alliance, it's not about being welcome or not, it's about the world right now, and don't you dare to say shinobi alliance can defeat madara just because he hasn't done or hasn't been serious lately doesn't mean he can't beat them, he has proved more than enough that with perfect susano'o and meteors, mokuton that he can defeat pretty much anyone living right now.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    just because I like to
    destruction?

no, but who's going to stop the juubi, madara and obito now? madara needs 1 meteor and it's over for most of the shinobi alliance, it's not about being welcome or not, it's about the world right now, and don't you dare to say shinobi alliance can defeat madara just because he hasn't done or hasn't been serious lately doesn't mean he can't beat them, he has proved more than enough that with perfect susano'o and meteors, mokuton that he can defeat pretty much anyone living right now.
    No I certainly don't think they can defeat Madara and actually the fact that he isn't ending them all this time is quite annoying but that's plot no jutsu for you what can one say.
    So they would have to be practical but also hypocritical and accept the free help.

However, no matter what logic dictates, Kishimoto isn't portraying the alliance as having no hope right? And the Juubi is out of control now so we don't know what it's gonna do.

On the other hand, Naruto's fans should either accept the fact that their favourite character is nothing compared to the So6P or else stop asking for the zombies' help.

To put it simply, if you need the zombies' help you are not worthy of the title of Hokage, no matter the title of "new Sage" and I think you have to agree on that.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I think it's pretty safe to argue that Kishimoto himself has contradicted himself; the younger generation does NOT surpass the older because of some mystical universal law (Naruto and others keep mumbling). Some people might become as strong, or stronger than their teachers but not everyone.

Cheating or not cheating, hypocrisy or not... it's very likely to happen. Other stuff went down with this manga preeetty easily.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am just that amazing.

I still think it would be insulting to the entire Shinobi Alliance if the Hokages help them. They sacrificed so much and it was for nothing because a bunch of dead guys magically save the day.

It would be a total cop out if the four Hokages aid the Shinobi Alliance.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

What you wrote doesn't show that you disagree. It shows that you simply want to see the Kages fight. That's acceptable but the author should care about his story and not only about how to please his readers.
    Isn't this contradictory??? Surely the best story line is the one that most pleases its' audience??

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

No I certainly don't think they can defeat Madara and actually the fact that he isn't ending them all this time is quite annoying but that's plot no jutsu for you what can one say.
    So they would have to be practical but also hypocritical and accept the free help.

However, no matter what logic dictates, Kishimoto isn't portraying the alliance as having no hope right? And the Juubi is out of control now so we don't know what it's gonna do.

On the other hand, Naruto's fans should either accept the fact that their favourite character is nothing compared to the So6P or else stop asking for the zombies' help.

To put it simply, if you need the zombies' help you are not worthy of the title of Hokage, no matter the title of "new Sage" and I think you have to agree on that.
    so in order to become a hokage, you must defeat obito, edo tensei madara, juubi at the same time? is that what you are saying?

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pain to the world

It also could be a way of showing that the new generation is better by the hokages getting their ass beat

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by medal32 View Post
    It also could be a way of showing that the new generation is better by the hokages getting their ass beat
    so the new generation must always be stronger? so soon we will have galaxy busting ninjas?

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

If the good guys (alliance) rely on the dead Kages to beat the villains (no matter who they are, dead , alive , anything) they admit they are worse than them.Nice and simple don't you think? Yes one of the villains is an Edo but the alliance have a tremendous arithmetic advantage and Naruto who is supposed to be "oh-wow-so-strong-the-new-Sage".

As for the degrading part. Suppose you are Minato right. Or Hashirama even worse. You, a legend are Sasuke's pawn? If that isn't degrading then what is? It's another fact if they broke free and act on their free will. Then it's not degrading at all I give you that. But I was referring to the scenario where they are dragged around as Orochimaru's dogs.
    If Madara can break free of the Edo Tensei, surely the creator of the technique (Tobirama) knows too??

You believe it is poor writing to have the older generation save the younger one, which is true. BUT it got to the point with the OPness of Madara and Obito that extra is needed or the story isn't even slightly believable. They resurrected a creature able to harness the energy of a PLANET; and the author thought a bunch of fodders and Naruto could defeat that?? If the Juubi was never resurrected (it obviously would have been at some point, thinking about all the legends and all the signs pointing to it (Destined child and whatever)), then there would be no need to resurrect the Hokages.

The point I'm making is that the absolute dominance the villains could have over the current protagonists means external help is needed to make the story plausible.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pain to the world

so the new generation must always be stronger? so soon we will have galaxy busting ninjas?
    I didnt say that, but the OP seems to think that way so I just kinda played along and showed him that it wouldnt be a contradiction

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    just because I like to
    destruction?

so in order to become a hokage, you must defeat obito, edo tensei madara, juubi at the same time? is that what you are saying?
    No. I said you must not rely on some dead people.
    Even Naruto said that. He said to Madara "You are dead, you shouldn't have any business with the living".

Actually you don't have to beat the bad guys to become Hokage. You just need to protect your people. If the bad guys are stronger then you must face the consequences.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    just because I like to
    destruction?

Quote Originally Posted by Vin Thora View Post
    If Madara can break free of the Edo Tensei, surely the creator of the technique (Tobirama) knows too??

You believe it is poor writing to have the older generation save the younger one, which is true. BUT it got to the point with the OPness of Madara and Obito that extra is needed or the story isn't even slightly believable. They resurrected a creature able to harness the energy of a PLANET; and the author thought a bunch of fodders and Naruto could defeat that?? If the Juubi was never resurrected (it obviously would have been at some point, thinking about all the legends and all the signs pointing to it (Destined child and whatever)), then there would be no need to resurrect the Hokages.

The point I'm making is that the absolute dominance the villains could have over the current protagonists means external help is needed to make the story plausible.
    If his consiousness is completely erased he can do nothing. Kabuto let Madara free that's why he managed to free himself. And we don't even know that. Maybe the release of the Edo Tensei played some role too.

Well if as an author you give so much power to the villains as you said, then you should let them win. At least temporarily.

Admitting your mistake and contradicting the way you were writing all this time, making your living characters look incompetent, unworthy and hypocrites is bad writing.

Edit: Sorry for the double post but it was too late when I saw it :P

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "When I watch this boy, I
    think back to when I was once
    called a genius, and realize
    how ridiculous that was."
    - Orochimaru

FIrst off the good guys arent the ones bringing back the hokage, its sasuke and oro who are far from good guys. So by your theory if sasuke and oro bring the hokage to the battle feild and the good guys dont drop everything and seal them first instead of accepting the extra help then that is a bad thing? I think we both understand what the other is saying, I just disagree with you.

Ok its degrading, but its already happened. Theyve already been summoned. I would think it was degrading to everyone who was summoned like itachi, the 3rd raikage, everyone. But perhaps it is especially degrading if your a konoha hokage? Ofcourse there going to get dragged around, unless tobimaru the creator of the jutsu breaks the seal like madara did. I mean to me it isnt degrading, its just what it is.

▄█▀ ♛ ЖĪ₦Ɠ ŞŦƛƦ₭ ♛ ▄█▀ Intrepid's Avatar
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ascended

We need to see those Kage in action, I for one want to see them fighting.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am just that amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin Thora View Post

Interesting considering that in the last chapter the good guys disconnected Madara and Obito from the Juubi and cut two of its tails off.

Also Madara was only able to break out because Kabuto was under a genjutsu so he couldn't stop Madara.

As long as Oro is concious they can't break out. It was establised that the only genjutsu that can break the control of the Edo Tensei is Shushi's eye.

Also its insulting to the entire alliance if the Hokages help out. They sacrificed a great deal so far if the Hokages save the day it was for nothing. Naruto was entrusted with taking care of Obito and stopping the Eye of the Moon Plan, the whole point of the war is that the world as united to stop a common enemy if the Hokages stop it then the Shinobi Alliance becomes pointless and a failure.

Also Oro made it clear he wants nothing to do with the war.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    just because I like to
    destruction?

FIrst off the good guys arent the ones bringing back the hokage, its sasuke and oro who are far from good guys. So by your theory if sasuke and oro bring the hokage to the battle feild and the good guys dont drop everything and seal them first instead of accepting the extra help then that is a bad thing? I think we both understand what the other is saying, I just disagree with you.
    No if Sasuke or Oro brings them the good guys have nothing to do with that so they should just continue fighting.
    It would just be degrading for the Kages.

Ok its degrading, but its already happened. Theyve already been summoned. I would think it was degrading to everyone who was summoned like itachi, the 3rd raikage, everyone. But perhaps it is especially degrading if your a konoha hokage? Ofcourse there going to get dragged around, unless tobimaru the creator of the jutsu breaks the seal like madara did. I mean to me it isnt degrading, its just what it is.
    Yeah you do have a point there. Actually the dragging around would only displease their fans. So I agree with you on that.

Page 2 of 2 « First 12