Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~Sipping coffee while hanging
    around downtown~

Fan video description change

The description says "Found or made a video, AMV of Naruto? Show them here!"

I think it should be altered to something like "Found or made an animated music video?" Show them here!" I don't know what to really say, but it needs to be altered.

Reasoning: Not just Naruto videos are posted there. Animated videos for One Piece, Bleach, Death Note (animes), Young Justice, Xiaolin Showdown, Avatar: The Last Airbender/Korra, (cartoons), Aveners, The Dark Knight Rises, Harry Potter (movies), etc.... are posted there. I think that section is not just for Naruto videos anymore and most know that, but I think it needs to be in the description itself. A little update, you know?

Notes: This only applies for videos mentioned above. Things like funny videos, official music videos, or cats or whatever should be set in their appropiate sections (chatterbox/music). I just think the Fan Video section should be fan videos to all genre, not just Naruto. Again, we all know that, but it needs to be in the descrpition, I think. Just a minor suggestion.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ℬeethoven of Metal

Re: Fan video description change

Isn't AMV a type of "Video"
    "Found or made a video, AMV of Naruto? Show them here!"

Aren't AMV's a type of video. But okay, I can see your point that it can get confusing sometimes, and it can be changed, so yeah a change for that won't do any harm.

As for this
    Notes: This only applies for videos mentioned above. Things like funny videos, official music videos, or cats or whatever should be set in their appropiate sections (chatterbox/music). I just think the Fan Video section should be fan videos to all genre, not just Naruto. Again, we all know that, but it needs to be in the descrpition, I think. Just a minor suggestion.
    @ Underlined, cats and funny videos are to be put in the Music section ??? and no sir, the chatterbox section is called "chatter", it's for pointless none serious or do not have a point discussions. Funny videos and cat videos are all "Videos" and do have a point, to make you laugh, and all belong to their respective section.

@ Bold; You said all Genre of fan videos, that should automatically include Funny videos. So wait if I made a Funny AMV I should put it in the chatter box or Music section ?, no sir .-.

Sublime

@OP Yes Yes YES! Couldn't agree more! Just change the description to 'Edited or Found an AMV, GMV or MovieMV? Share it here' or something like that.
    Or actually it should only say 'Edited' not Found... the other Fanbase sections all are limited to stuff you MAKE not FIND, why should the Video Section be any different? Just make a thread with MVs people find, sticky it and leave the rest to MVs people MAKE. Or maybe just make a subsection under the Fanvid section for the above types of Music Videos ONLY because as it has right now I get Found AMVs, MadeAMVs, Prank Videos, Interviews, Youtube Mini movies and RL footage edits, Trailers, VideoLogs and random crap(why haven't I reported this before?)
    Actually, if it is possible it should be considered to make a whole new section for this random Youtube stuff...if it wont be considered maybe I should work together with some moderator that is allowed to move stuff from this section and just clean it up, as honestly right now it is a total mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ƀeedo View Post
    Isn't AMV a type of "Video"
    "Found or made a video, AMV of Naruto? Show them here!"

Aren't AMV's a type of video. But okay, I can see your point that it can get confusing sometimes, and it can be changed, so yeah a change for that won't do any harm.

As for this

@ Underlined, cats and funny videos are to be put in the Music section ??? and no sir, the chatterbox section is called "chatter", it's for pointless none serious or do not have a point discussions. Funny videos and cat videos are all "Videos" and do have a point, to make you laugh, and all belong to their respective section.

@ Bold; You said all Genre of fan videos, that should automatically include Funny videos. So wait if I made a Funny AMV I should put it in the chatter box or Music section ?, no sir .-.
    @bold: Funny AMV=AMV so it goes under Fanmade Videos.

I think we should commence a clean up in the FanVid section... imo only things left in there should be Music Videos that people MADE with their own hands and store everything else in respective stickies/subsections (I know, not the best idea but maybe someone else can help me figure out something better?).

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~Sipping coffee while hanging
    around downtown~

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    I think we should commence a clean up in the FanVid section... imo only things left in there should be Music Videos that people MADE with their own hands and store everything else in respective stickies/subsections (I know, not the best idea but maybe someone else can help me figure out something better?).
    This is what I basically meant, but shorter and cleaner So everyone refer to this as for my suggestion.

As for what genre, I used the wrong term. I mean like all animes, all cartoons, all movies. All fan videos set to a musical tribute, not just Naruto. The fan video description should be more broad like the fanfiction, fanclub, and fanart. It shouldn't specify just Naruto.

I know this isn't a big suggestion at all, but a minor thing should be updated so people won't be confused. They'll be like "Welp, gotta post this Death Note amv somewhere else...." which would then result in them posting it in the wrong section or atleast, a section where it won't really apply there and it won't be appreciated there.

Last edited by Evil Boy Genius; 02-02-2013 at 08:24 AM.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ℬeethoven of Metal

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    @OP Yes Yes YES! Couldn't agree more! Just change the description to 'Edited or Found an AMV, GMV or MovieMV? Share it here' or something like that.
    Or actually it should only say 'Edited' not Found... the other Fanbase sections all are limited to stuff you MAKE not FIND, why should the Video Section be any different? Just make a thread with MVs people find, sticky it and leave the rest to MVs people MAKE. Or maybe just make a subsection under the Fanvid section for the above types of Music Videos ONLY because as it has right now I get Found AMVs, MadeAMVs, Prank Videos, Interviews, Youtube Mini movies and RL footage edits, Trailers, VideoLogs and random crap(why haven't I reported this before?)
    Actually, if it is possible it should be considered to make a whole new section for this random Youtube stuff...if it wont be considered maybe I should work together with some moderator that is allowed to move stuff from this section and just clean it up, as honestly right now it is a total mess.

@bold: Funny AMV=AMV so it goes under Fanmade Videos.

How about Subsections then.
    Main Section ( Fan Video );
    1) Found or made interesting, or funny Videos, post them here.
    2) Found or made an AMV/GMV/FMS, Post it here.

That's the only way I can see it happening, while maintaining it's "tidiness".

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Boy Genius View Post
    This is what I basically meant, but shorter and cleaner So everyone refer to this as for my suggestion.

As for what genre, I used the wrong term. I mean like all animes, all cartoons, all movies. All fan videos set to a musical tribute, not just Naruto.
    Yeah, I got you

Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Ƀeedo View Post
    How about Subsections then.
    Main Section ( Fan Video );
    1) Found or made interesting, or funny Videos, post them here.
    2) Found or made an AMV/GMV/FMS, Post it here.

That's the only way I can see it happening, while maintaining it's "tidiness".

Yeah, I got you
    I like your idea, but I can't see the connection of catvids with the general idea of 'fanbase', these imo should not be there.

One thing that can happen is make a general Youtube section to move all the things people find and think "Why not share??" and under this section a subsection for Music Videos people MAKE. BUT this way, video logs and AE edits (eg. people may add lightsaber glows to sticks, where do they post that?) are all left in the general YT section and still, I don't see the relevance of this section to the Fanbase.

Actually what can be done is:
    *Add a Youtube/Video section under Narutobase Community, this way chatterbox will be clean from random video threads. (of course if we want to keep Chatterbox as the Garbage section just throw everything in there instead, it is already messy as it stands)
    *Clean up Fanvid so that it includes only things people Edited.

I'd really like to hear a moderators opinion on this, I'm completely clueless to what they are willing to do. Maybe an admin's too, as we are suggesting the creation of sections/subsections.

Last edited by Sublime; 02-02-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

If I had my own way, the videos section would only be for MVs. Manga review should have ther own little subforum.