Re: Tobi vs minato

didnt i say obito low diff how this this even get that far smh

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    He didn't summon them. Minato's kunais somehow multiply when being thrown.

I can't prove that he summoned them, but we both know that he didn't have 27 kunais there. Whether they are magic and multiply or he can summon them without hand signs. We'll never know.

Magic, man.
    Exactly, because there isn't even a tiny little hint that allows anyone to even imply he summoned them.

Just Kishimoto being inconsistent.

Stand up and Scream|惑星螺旋 DemonicAvenger's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2012
    My Room; Getting High and Playing Devil May Cry
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have achieved true
    immortality. I am Eternal.

The only one capable of beating Obito while he has his Biju Paths is Naruto.

Minato gets toyed with and then killed here.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    The databooks are trash

Threads take characters from their strongest point at time
    I have some caveats to that. Firstly, they have to have had that power more than a trivial amount of time (like 10 seconds), and secondly it needs to actually be their power (not someone elses). Your argument that Obito gets the 6 hosts on his team fails that test, because he can't summon them under his own power without Kabuto. It's not unlike me making a comparison of Kushina v.s Obito, and then adding "of course, Kushina has a seal that allows Minato to come to her aid, so she gets him in the fight". No, she doesn't, because she can't call Minato under her own power. At some point in time Obito fought with the hosts... but at some point in time Kushina fought with Minato, or kid Naruto fought with Jiraiya... it doesn't make them inherent parts of their fighting strength.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiStyle View Post
    I have some caveats to that. Firstly, they have to have had that power more than a trivial amount of time (like 10 seconds), and secondly it needs to actually be their power (not someone elses). Your argument that Obito gets the 6 hosts on his team fails that test, because he can't summon them under his own power without Kabuto. It's not unlike me making a comparison of Kushina v.s Obito, and then adding "of course, Kushina has a seal that allows Minato to come to her aid, so she gets him in the fight". No, she doesn't, because she can't call Minato under her own power. At some point in time Obito fought with the hosts... but at some point in time Kushina fought with Minato, or kid Naruto fought with Jiraiya... it doesn't make them inherent parts of their fighting strength.
    Obito made them his power when he took control of them with his Rinnegan. Its just like how the Sharingan can control Bijuu. Your example doesn't work in this situation because Kushina isn't manipulating Minato's movements like Obito is manipulating the Jinchuuriki's movements.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    The databooks are trash

That's like me saying "such and such once controlled someone under genjutsu, so he gets him for the fight too". That'll be a pretty big list in some people's cases. You can't just get people you controlled for a time in the fight, it's like saying pre-rinnegan Tobi can summon Yagura, because he controlled him once. Or Danzo can summon Mifune, because he controlled him once. Or Itachi can summon everyone he ever controlled via genjutsu.

I don't grant someone a Tailed Beast summoning unless they can prove they have control of it and can summon it. It's the same reason I'm not granting Obito the 10 Tails (but will grant EMS Madara the 9 Tails). Obito has not proven he can summon the paths minus Kabuto, so he doesn't get them.

Page 3 of 3 « First 123