Page 4 of 6 « First 123456 Last»
Results 76 to 100 of 138
  1. #76
    Banned
    Status
    DeathandHealing is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    So Madara was a total goof who spoke with a funny voice constantly almost blowing himself up because he gets stuck in the ground?

    And like someone just said.

    Madara is the Peak of badass. Tobi acted like Madara.

    So yes Tobi would be Cooler then Obito.


    Hur Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur

    trolololololololololololololololololololololololol olololololololol.

    Your mom

    Thread/
     
         
    Last edited by DeathandHealing; 02-03-2013 at 12:35 AM.

  2. #77
    The Unbiased one slaton02's Avatar
    Status
    slaton02 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    3,546
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't **** wit me, you'll lose
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    You are clearly butt hurt cuz you were wrong about his identity and never saw the beauty and the reason behind it, which is perfect. But whatever...stay ignorant. I was mad too, but the flashbacks changed my mind, and I was completely blown away by the awesomeness. True story.


    I don't care, I've said what I wanted to. I got it off my chest.
    Butt hurt? lol sad I disagree on your point of people liking Tobi more than Obito are ignorant so you -rep me and say I'm butt hurt...You should feel shamed. Everyone gets the reasoning the whole story of Naruto is based on stories like Obito's pretty much and rather which route you take good or bad but going evil cause some chick that didn't like you, ect is rediculous. Some like funny Tobi, some liked the more serious and mystery Tobi after it was reveal he wasn't really Madara more than the Obito we see now and you're mad at that? you're a SUUUUUUUPER A$$HOLE.

    Are the people who liked Itachi more when they thought he was evil and killed his clan just because he wanted ignorant too?
     
         
    Last edited by slaton02; 02-03-2013 at 12:54 AM.

  3. #78
    Mister Donuts jsrhoden's Avatar
    Status
    jsrhoden is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central 46
    Posts
    355
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    God made me this way. And I still don't think that guy got it. Also, to say Tobi>Obito, is disrespecting his character and ultimately disrespecting Kishi and his work. That's how I feel.
    Why do you believe it is disrespectful? If someone prefers the way Obito acted when he was under the 'Tobi' persona, instead of when he was just being himself, that's not disrespecting Kishi at all. First of all it's just an opinion, and secondly Kishi made the story so that its characters were open to interpretation by all. That's the real quality in his work, the fact that everyone can have a different viewpoint. Kishi doesn't have a set of rules by which every fan should view a certain character and if we break those rules we end up "disrespecting" him, i don't think that's how it works.

    I generally prefer the Tobi persona because of the ruthlessness of it. After Nagato's ways were changed, we turned our attention to somebody who was supposed to be "Not like Nagato". Cold, calculating, manipulative, and practically impervious to any form of TNJ - that was Tobi in a nutshell. I understand that Obito's "unmasking" is supposed to reveal his true colours, but firstly I think that the exposure of his reasons for Infinite Tsukyomi were delivered weakly, and secondly the guy is repeatedly spewing out so many pessimistic one liners each chapter he's slowly becoming an example of a second Nagato, just waiting for a TNJ to hit him. Also I didn't like the fact that such a dominant character basically just ended up being Madara's pawn, because that just further suggests that Naruto's gonna try and "free" him from his hatred, as we've seen before. Perhaps that's why so many people are putting their faith in Orochimaru and Madara at the moment as the "true villains" of the series.

    But yeah, i'm interested in why you find it "disrespectful" towards Kishi's work
     
         

  4. #79
    Senior Member thegame's Avatar
    Status
    thegame is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,148
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Wow, you wasted a lot of time pointing something meaningless out, that everybody knows, just because of a certain statement, you see often...

    Well let me do it extremely short:

    It's a free world. People are entitled to their own opinions on this subject. Period.
     
         

  5. #80
    Banned
    Status
    Riker Slade is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    With my Tedder-bear
    Posts
    30,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Sounds to me like you believe your preferences to be some kind of absolute fact and anyone with a separate preference than yours is perceived to be ignorant by you. That's false.

    Fact is, not everyone will share your ideals. If people say Tobi is cooler than Obito, that simply means they preferred the cool, ruthless, calm Masked Man rather than the emotional Obito, as do I. Deal with it.

    Liking Obito while he was portraying Tobi more than how he is now isn't ignorant and doesn't necessarily mean people didn't know Kishi's true intentions. Get off your imaginary high horse and join the rest of here on Earth.
     
         

  6. #81
    Member ItzShowtime's Avatar
    Status
    ItzShowtime is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    434
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Just let them ***** all they want. Its not like Kishi will change the story just for them
     
         

  7. #82
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Quote Originally Posted by jsrhoden View Post
    Why do you believe it is disrespectful? If someone prefers the way Obito acted when he was under the 'Tobi' persona, instead of when he was just being himself, that's not disrespecting Kishi at all. First of all it's just an opinion, and secondly Kishi made the story so that its characters were open to interpretation by all. That's the real quality in his work, the fact that everyone can have a different viewpoint. Kishi doesn't have a set of rules by which every fan should view a certain character and if we break those rules we end up "disrespecting" him, i don't think that's how it works.

    I generally prefer the Tobi persona because of the ruthlessness of it. After Nagato's ways were changed, we turned our attention to somebody who was supposed to be "Not like Nagato". Cold, calculating, manipulative, and practically impervious to any form of TNJ - that was Tobi in a nutshell. I understand that Obito's "unmasking" is supposed to reveal his true colours, but firstly I think that the exposure of his reasons for Infinite Tsukyomi were delivered weakly, and secondly the guy is repeatedly spewing out so many pessimistic one liners each chapter he's slowly becoming an example of a second Nagato, just waiting for a TNJ to hit him. Also I didn't like the fact that such a dominant character basically just ended up being Madara's pawn, because that just further suggests that Naruto's gonna try and "free" him from his hatred, as we've seen before. Perhaps that's why so many people are putting their faith in Orochimaru and Madara at the moment as the "true villains" of the series.

    But yeah, i'm interested in why you find it "disrespectful" towards Kishi's work
    Well you obviously have a problem with Kishi so why don't you send him a letter? lol Do I really need to explain after the crap you just spewed?
     
         

  8. #83
    Banned
    Status
    Riker Slade is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    With my Tedder-bear
    Posts
    30,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    Well you obviously have a problem with Kishi so why don't you send him a letter? lol Do I really need to explain after the crap you just spewed?
    That crap was probably the most intelligent thing posted in this thread.
     
         

  9. #84
    Member
    Status
    NB Account is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    207
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Alright ^^
     
         

  10. #85
    Mister Donuts jsrhoden's Avatar
    Status
    jsrhoden is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central 46
    Posts
    355
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    Well you obviously have a problem with Kishi so why don't you send him a letter? lol Do I really need to explain after the crap you just spewed?
    So because I prefer Tobi's character to Obito's character I have a problem with Kishi? Right. No let me rephrase that. Because I disagree with your opinion I have a problem with Kishi?

    As I said, Kishi leaves his characters open to interpretation, to either like or dislike them. Your logic is under the premise that because I dislike a character, I dislike Kishi's writing and therefore I dislike the manga. Which is completely wrong.

    And yes, you do need to explain why preferring one character over another is disrespectful towards Kishi's work because I can't see to figure out why it would be. You've taken the easy route out, and instead of coming back with some decent points, resorted to a short offensive post. Can I therefore claim victory on this debate?
     
         

  11. #86
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Quote Originally Posted by jsrhoden View Post
    So because I prefer Tobi's character to Obito's character I have a problem with Kishi? Right. No let me rephrase that. Because I disagree with your opinion I have a problem with Kishi?

    As I said, Kishi leaves his characters open to interpretation, to either like or dislike them. Your logic is under the premise that because I dislike a character, I dislike Kishi's writing and therefore I dislike the manga. Which is completely wrong.

    And yes, you do need to explain why preferring one character over another is disrespectful towards Kishi's work because I can't see to figure out why it would be. You've taken the easy route out, and instead of coming back with some decent points, resorted to a short offensive post. Can I therefore claim victory on this debate?
    What debate? I don't debate with, or recognise opinions of people who consider the life lessons taught by this story as TNJ. >_> If you don't understand the story that's your problem.
    Move along....
     
         

  12. #87
    Mister Donuts jsrhoden's Avatar
    Status
    jsrhoden is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central 46
    Posts
    355
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    What debate? I don't debate with, or recognise opinions of people who consider the life lessons taught by this story as TNJ. >_> If you don't understand the story that's your problem.
    Move along....
    Ah my apologies, I forgot that I knew nothing about perseverance, courage, kindness, helping comrades and peace before I started reading Naruto....
     
         

  13. #88
    Banned
    Status
    Riker Slade is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    With my Tedder-bear
    Posts
    30,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    What debate? I don't debate with, or recognise opinions of people who consider the life lessons taught by this story as TNJ. >_> If you don't understand the story that's your problem.
    Move along....
    That's a pretty weak response...

    By the way, Talk no Jutsu is just a nickname for when a character is changed by another via emotional speech. Whether you like it or not, TNJ is what it is.
     
         

  14. #89
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Quote Originally Posted by jsrhoden View Post
    Ah my apologies, I forgot that I knew nothing about perseverance, courage, kindness, helping comrades and peace before I started reading Naruto....
    There is no correlation between you knowing about it and the story having those elements whatsoever.
     
         

  15. #90
    Member Jonordo's Avatar
    Status
    Jonordo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    399
    Post Thanks / Like
    naruto the man
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Too much reading
     
         

  16. #91
    Mister Donuts jsrhoden's Avatar
    Status
    jsrhoden is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central 46
    Posts
    355
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    There is no correlation between you knowing about it and the story having those elements whatsoever.
    But by knowing and learning about those things I listed, and then having seen those very same themes come up in the story, how can I not "understand" the story like you said?

    By the way I still don't recall seeing your justification as to why I am disrespecting Kishi by having a certain viewpoint on one of his characters. Does it stem from the fact that we have conflicting opinions?
     
         

  17. #92
    Senior Member Murasame's Avatar
    Status
    Murasame is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ..........
    Posts
    5,238
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Quote Originally Posted by jsrhoden View Post
    Why do you believe it is disrespectful? If someone prefers the way Obito acted when he was under the 'Tobi' persona, instead of when he was just being himself, that's not disrespecting Kishi at all. First of all it's just an opinion, and secondly Kishi made the story so that its characters were open to interpretation by all. That's the real quality in his work, the fact that everyone can have a different viewpoint. Kishi doesn't have a set of rules by which every fan should view a certain character and if we break those rules we end up "disrespecting" him, i don't think that's how it works.

    I generally prefer the Tobi persona because of the ruthlessness of it. After Nagato's ways were changed, we turned our attention to somebody who was supposed to be "Not like Nagato". Cold, calculating, manipulative, and practically impervious to any form of TNJ - that was Tobi in a nutshell. I understand that Obito's "unmasking" is supposed to reveal his true colours, but firstly I think that the exposure of his reasons for Infinite Tsukyomi were delivered weakly, and secondly the guy is repeatedly spewing out so many pessimistic one liners each chapter he's slowly becoming an example of a second Nagato, just waiting for a TNJ to hit him. Also I didn't like the fact that such a dominant character basically just ended up being Madara's pawn, because that just further suggests that Naruto's gonna try and "free" him from his hatred, as we've seen before. Perhaps that's why so many people are putting their faith in Orochimaru and Madara at the moment as the "true villains" of the series.

    But yeah, i'm interested in why you find it "disrespectful" towards Kishi's work
    Well too bad If Obito is "tnj' then deal with it. It's Kishi's story. I know we all have our opinions and I respect it for me I like Obito and his Tobi counterpart, but yall are getting butthurt over Obito too much just accept it or stop watching Naruto. You can have opinions but if you hate it so much then stop reading/watching naruto. Seriously people nowadays :sy: Besides I would rather have Obito be redeemed then die feeling guilt. If you think about it Obito was manipulated by Madara. He's not really evil he wants to create a world thats perfect without tragedies like what happened to him. He was just led in the wrong direction. But hey the series isnt finished, wait to see what happens you just cant automatically assume that he'll get "tnj'd" But I agree on Orochimaru and Madara part they may be the true villains.
     
         

  18. #93
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Quote Originally Posted by jsrhoden View Post
    But by knowing and learning about those things I listed, and then having seen those very same themes come up in the story, how can I not "understand" the story like you said?

    By the way I still don't recall seeing your justification as to why I am disrespecting Kishi by having a certain viewpoint on one of his characters. Does it stem from the fact that we have conflicting opinions?
    You refused to acknowledge the way things went and labelled it TNJ. You just couldn't accept your fav character getting killed off and you couldn't take it. Which is what happens in most cases as I've seen.
    The story goes as it is told. Deal with it. What I tried to do with this thread was to show you the truth, but you can close your eyes.
     
         

  19. #94
    Tobirama/Madara/Hashi fan Hipster Madara's Avatar
    Status
    Hipster Madara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Not some lame ass kanji location
    Posts
    16,072
    Post Thanks / Like
    based-madara.tumblr.com
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Eh, Obito is a lame, whiny prick. Sorry.
     
         

  20. #95
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Quote Originally Posted by Hipster Madara View Post
    Eh, Obito is a lame, whiny prick. Sorry.
    As are most Naruto fans. Sorry...
     
         

  21. #96
    Mister Donuts jsrhoden's Avatar
    Status
    jsrhoden is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central 46
    Posts
    355
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Quote Originally Posted by Biju Naruto View Post
    Well too bad If Obito is "tnj' then deal with it. It's Kishi's story. I know we all have our opinions and I respect it for me I like Obito and his Tobi counterpart, but yall are getting butthurt over Obito too much just accept it or stop watching Naruto. You can have opinions but if you hate it so much then stop reading/watching naruto. Seriously people nowadays :sy: Besides I would rather have Obito be redeemed then die feeling guilt. If you think about it Obito was manipulated by Madara. He's not really evil he wants to create a world thats perfect without tragedies like what happened to him. He was just led in the wrong direction. But hey the series isnt finished, wait to see what happens you just cant automatically assume that he'll get "tnj'd" But I agree on Orochimaru and Madara part they may be the true villains.
    Yeah I get what you're saying, and you're right, we will have to see about the TNJ thing, so I shouldn't jump to conclusions. Trust me, I don't hate Obito, in fact I don't actually hate any character in the series, I was just giving my two pence on why I preferred Tobi to Obito and what I think could have been done a bit better with Obito's character. But it would be childish to stop reading the manga/stop watching altogether because firstly there's more to the manga than just Obito, secondly I still really like Naruto as a series, and thirdly because i'm not Kishi I can't change a single thing or do anything about what he chooses to write. So yeah, you're right, in the end we'll just have to deal with it.
     
         

  22. #97
    Mister Donuts jsrhoden's Avatar
    Status
    jsrhoden is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central 46
    Posts
    355
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    You refused to acknowledge the way things went and labelled it TNJ. You just couldn't accept your fav character getting killed off and you couldn't take it. Which is what happens in most cases as I've seen.
    The story goes as it is told. Deal with it. What I tried to do with this thread was to show you the truth, but you can close your eyes.
    For the record, my favourite character is Shikamaru.

    Equally though, I could say that you refused to acknowledge that everyone has different views and interpretations of characters, and that we're neither wrong nor right on our interpretations because they are merely opinions. Because Kishi creates his characters to be perceived in many ways, we couldn't possibly be "disrespecting" his work by having an opinion.
     
         

  23. #98
    Banned
    Status
    AgFresco is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    As are most Naruto fans. Sorry...
    What a pompous **** you are.
     
         

  24. #99
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Quote Originally Posted by AgFresco View Post
    What a pompous **** you are.
    You know it's true. That was the best way to describe 95% of the fanbase.
     
         

  25. #100
    Senior Member Murasame's Avatar
    Status
    Murasame is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ..........
    Posts
    5,238
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Quote Originally Posted by jsrhoden View Post
    Yeah I get what you're saying, and you're right, we will have to see about the TNJ thing, so I shouldn't jump to conclusions. Trust me, I don't hate Obito, in fact I don't actually hate any character in the series, I was just giving my two pence on why I preferred Tobi to Obito and what I think could have been done a bit better with Obito's character. But it would be childish to stop reading the manga/stop watching altogether because firstly there's more to the manga than just Obito, secondly I still really like Naruto as a series, and thirdly because i'm not Kishi I can't change a single thing or do anything about what he chooses to write. So yeah, you're right, in the end we'll just have to deal with it.
    Yeah exactly! Couldn't have said it better I understand that you prefer Tobi over Obito but for the others who constantly keep bashing/whining over Tobi's identity should just stop watching the series if they hate it so much. Like you said there's more to the manga than just Obito but people dont seem to accept that. I respect you. You arent like those ignorant people. Yeah I guess I can agree more with Obito's character development. They shouldve explained more things about him. But hey we might get that later on
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •