View Poll Results: Are you happy with the 4th Great Ninja War Edo Tensei fights ?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 33.33%
  • NO

6 66.67%
    Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Missed Opportunities

I feel like there was so much that Kishi could have done in this war. The problem was not that kishi would have to change the plot or anything, they were right there to use. These things could have had a tremendous impact on several characters, and developed them. Here's my list:

Neji vs Hizashi Hyuga -

Yes, I know Neji wasn't on the shoreline battle, but I feel as though Neji should have been placed on Darui's squad for that. He should have fought beside Hiashi and the other Hyuga. Perfect opportunity for Hiashi to see really how strong Neji is. Not only that, Neji should have een the one to take down his father. I know it was somewhat important to Hiashi, but he should have helped and Neji take the center stage. Hizashi could have seen how great of a person Neji became, and that he earned the respect of the Hyuga main branch. This battle could have also showed us Neji's improved fighting in Shippuden, and a few new Huyga techniques

Sakura vs Chiyo

Now, I'm not going to go on and joke about Sakura or anything lol. Sakura did have somewhat of a connection with Chiyo, and she was really sad after she died. Sakura earned chiyo's respect by fighting side by side against Sasori. Circumstances could have played out which forced Sakura to defend herself, thus she wouldn't break the medical ninja rules. Maybe there could have been some techniques that Tsunade taught Sakura, which we would finally see and she could have earned our respect. This fight could have given us GREAT perspective on where sakura stands in the Naruto and Sasuke conflict. Her feelings coul have been helped by Chiyo and this could have been a real foreshadow to the events to come for Naruto and sasuke's final battle. Will Chiyo ask sakura about the reviving jutsu? Will she ask if sakura is planning on using it for someone she loves? "For that uchiha" ? Something that makes us think about where sakura stands in the future of the naruto vs sasuke story arc.

Rock Lee vs Kimimaro round 2

This could have been a really epic fight. Kimimaro would start baiting and joking on Rock Lee about their encounter 3 years before, about being drunk and ****. Not only would these two pwerhouses go at it, but this fight would force Lee to go into maybe 5th gate or something and show off some different tactics. Lee could understand how kimimaro felt those years before, and maybe get some backstory on where Kimimaro came from, his village or something lol. This could have helped prepare Lee for Neji's death. It could have even foreshadowed it, so it wouldn't have come out of nowhere. Understanding his bonds.

Darui vs Kakuzu

This was shown in the Anime a little more than the manga but the manga could have done so much better. This fight, oh boy, this fight could have gone down as a top 5 in the war.

Konan vs Hinata, Ten Ten, Karui and Samui(she should have never been sealed lol)

Nuff said. More females needed to put into the spotlight. Bringin back Konan would have been Epic. Konan being the most badass female shinobi in this series, could have given us some perspective on some of the other females. The girls working together and Ten Ten finishing Konan off would be cool. Ten Ten finally working that Panel time! .

Kisame vs Guy & Kakashi round 2 or Kisame vs Itachi

Let it be settled between them. Kisame did get some last minute development before his death. I feel like so many things could have blown up in this fight lol. Kishi could have found some way to bring back Kisame. I feel like Itachi encountered sasuke too fast. He should have put more emphasis on the journey to find kabuto, not so fast that we could tell kishi was rushing the manga. Itachi going to fight kisame and maybe the two sort of rivals who had respect for each other can finally find out who was the most skilled. Down to the wire !!

Third Raikage vs A

Now I know naruto did a great job in this battle. He showed an increase in intelligence and so on. I just think so much emphasis shouldn't have been put on naruto afterall. 75% of the war was just showing off Kyubi mode. A's old man, fighting him could have been cool. "Let's see who's faster" ! Maybe even develop the guy.

Pakura & Gari vs ???

Well Kishi, why didn't you try to use Kiba, Shino or Hinata for this battle. I feel like Kishimoto should have switched around the divisions a little bit. These are suppose to be two powerful ninjas, yet they get soloed off screen. The anime isn't where we should have gotten this extension. Yea, it sure was nice to see something that's NOT CANON.

My #1 missed opportunity of the war is

4th Kazekage vs Gaara

Now I understand the sentimental stuff. The problem is that all of those revelations should have come at the end of that battle. This would have been a great time to give more background the sand village. If 4th Kazekage is really a kage level, then let's see it kishi. You can't just slap a kage tag on anybody. We need to see something that says "oh ****, now I know 90% of the ninjas in this series can't do that". That's what being a kage level is. This was a rushed fight for the sake of gaara's character development and it sucked. I would've cared about his character development if he fought an epic battle first. Not some wack stuff like a Solo in 2 panels. Cmon mna.

So anyway, what fights did any of you guys wanted to see during the war?

Last edited by staticdash22; 02-03-2013 at 03:06 AM.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Missed Opportunities

yes we missed a great opportunity for a lot of good fights but Kishi wants to end this arc because people are *****ing about it (or this is my opinion at least)

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well I wish they revived Sakumo- "whitefang". So that we will see Kakashi fight his legendary father.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I thought they should've ressurected Mito Uzumaki and have Naruto fight against her

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Or Sakumo vs Kakashi

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Agreed, nice thread

Status
    Dec 2012
    THE Ohio State University / Hometown- Cincinnati, OH
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're lucky I even deign to
    respond to you ;)

I feel like Kishi really went out on a limb with the war and as far as the Edo fights, he came up short. Still love the story though