Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    The Tactician Silverforsakenhamster's Avatar
    Status
    Silverforsakenhamster is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    I am the rat in your toilet
    Posts
    1,757
    Post Thanks / Like
    Play Pokemon X/Y? Add my 3DS
    friend code: 2148-8185-3612
     

    Fairytail Starting to Suck

    Okay is it just me or is Fairytail starting to get boring all of the sudden. I mean with the tournament starting to go on and the Lucy Rescue going on at the same time are constantly dizzying me. I mean we hop to one place to another. I had last year found Fairytail and I caught up with it and started reading the manga (because of my patience with the filler, plus I was interested in the Sabertooth Dragon slayers) but its starting to pull on my hair. I mean its taking too longg. I know arcs are long and stuff, but the chapter are just detail after detail without any freaking telling of what happening in the fast small fights we're watching. I'm just confused. When does everyone's magic start to better because it is, I mean what the?!

    Just ughhhhh, what is going on with the manga, I'm like walking around in circles with it so...
    Help me understand...
    :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:
     
         
    Last edited by Silverforsakenhamster; 02-05-2013 at 01:03 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member shanee's Avatar
    Status
    shanee is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Califorina
    Posts
    2,821
    Post Thanks / Like
    "A scared world needs a
    Fearless Church"
     

    Re: Fairytail Starting to Suck

    hahah
    1- everyone is the series is getting so strong. are you kidding? we finally got to see fairy glitter, jallal, the 10 wizard saints guy, natsu can now use fire and lightning whenever he wants now, erza is stupid strong, grey is getting left in the dust, lucy is an over-dramatic **** that sucks and is easily beaten and levi and Chelia are my favorite!!

    2- if you are confused with the manga, i suggest that you look up reviews on youtube. thats what i do for naruto and fairy tail because i can't understand the manga very well and it helps tremendously.
     
         

  3. #3
    The Tactician Silverforsakenhamster's Avatar
    Status
    Silverforsakenhamster is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    I am the rat in your toilet
    Posts
    1,757
    Post Thanks / Like
    Play Pokemon X/Y? Add my 3DS
    friend code: 2148-8185-3612
     

    Re: Fairytail Starting to Suck

    Quote Originally Posted by shanee View Post
    hahah
    1- everyone is the series is getting so strong. are you kidding? we finally got to see fairy glitter, jallal, the 10 wizard saints guy, natsu can now use fire and lightning whenever he wants now, erza is stupid strong, grey is getting left in the dust, lucy is an over-dramatic **** that sucks and is easily beaten and levi and Chelia are my favorite!!

    2- if you are confused with the manga, i suggest that you look up reviews on youtube. thats what i do for naruto and fairy tail because i can't understand the manga very well and it helps tremendously.
    I'm confused by the way things go, it doesn't make any sense now. And I don't watch reviews besides Sawyer7mage and he doesn't review fairytail. But like literally everything is going to fast to make sense. I mean how do the best assasanistic wizard group get defeated, I know that natsu is a dragon slayer, mirajane is a beast (literally), lucy and Yukino have the 12 zodiacs, but pantherlily are you kidding me?
    I mean how does Rufus have magic that remembers other's magic, thats like shape shifting into something and getting that person's power. It's like so cheap and Gray beats by attacking fast.
    Erza survive a cut from Kagura's sheathed sword which was supposed to be sheathed. I thought erza didn't know she had a past ya know. I mean what was the point of her not remembering her last name?
    I mean the ***** is going on?

    Btw: I reccommend you clear your box cuz i can't send you a message through it. so sorry for spamming. i just want you to see it.
     
         

  4. #4
    Senior Member thegame's Avatar
    Status
    thegame is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Fairytail Starting to Suck

    I agree at some points. Like Grey beating Rufus too easily.. However, many new characters have been introduced. I have a feeling that Rogue and Sting might join Fairy tail after this. Or another guild like Lamia Scale or whatever. Fact is, they are getting a lot of attention from the author, so they must have some greater role later, which is why, they get more time.

    I agree that it's starting to drag on a bit. I mean that squad, which should had killed Natsu and the others, was just irrelevant. There was no point at all in including that.. Some of the events seem to have no relevance at all, and were just made to give some screen time for certain characters.

    IMO, it is fine though. This is one of the things I like about Fairy tail. It also keeps being funny. Like Natsu preparing for battle against those dragons etc. It's all the little things that a manga, by all means, need to stick to, or it will stop being funny, and the readers will drop too. Look at Naruto. It has lost so much of the funny scenes, which it used to have so much of. And the popularity of the manga has dropped as well. Then take One Piece, it's the opposite. Its popularity has increased, and it just keep bumping funny scenes in every chapter (almost). Fairy Tail is kind of the same.
     
         

  5. #5
    Rojuro's Avatar
    Status
    Rojuro is online now
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Making Waterballoon Boob's
    Posts
    11,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waking up with a Hard on is
    Hard
     

    Re: Fairytail Starting to Suck

    Start watching the new episodes it helps you understand more detail.
     
         

  6. #6
    The Tactician Silverforsakenhamster's Avatar
    Status
    Silverforsakenhamster is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    I am the rat in your toilet
    Posts
    1,757
    Post Thanks / Like
    Play Pokemon X/Y? Add my 3DS
    friend code: 2148-8185-3612
     

    Re: Fairytail Starting to Suck

    Quote Originally Posted by thegame View Post
    I agree at some points. Like Grey beating Rufus too easily.. However, many new characters have been introduced. I have a feeling that Rogue and Sting might join Fairy tail after this. Or another guild like Lamia Scale or whatever. Fact is, they are getting a lot of attention from the author, so they must have some greater role later, which is why, they get more time.

    I agree that it's starting to drag on a bit. I mean that squad, which should had killed Natsu and the others, was just irrelevant. There was no point at all in including that.. Some of the events seem to have no relevance at all, and were just made to give some screen time for certain characters.

    IMO, it is fine though. This is one of the things I like about Fairy tail. It also keeps being funny. Like Natsu preparing for battle against those dragons etc. It's all the little things that a manga, by all means, need to stick to, or it will stop being funny, and the readers will drop too. Look at Naruto. It has lost so much of the funny scenes, which it used to have so much of. And the popularity of the manga has dropped as well. Then take One Piece, it's the opposite. Its popularity has increased, and it just keep bumping funny scenes in every chapter (almost). Fairy Tail is kind of the same.
    I agree with you. I mean it should make sense to me, but sometimes just doesn't. But it is true that the fact that it's been a 7 year time skip and things and people are now much powerful than before the time skip. But I think these victories are happening because of what Ultear made team Natsu stronger. It's that Hiro makes the battle impossible to win, but out of luck the main characters had win. Which has to do with him being inspired by things just like it. Just sometimes it gets out of mind. But I mean I have only seen Lucy being able to summon more that one Celestial zodiac, but why hasn't she beaten anyone with it yet? That's not fair man. Lucy lost the first one because of a cheesy tactic from Raventail, but like Minerva burning her seems really stupid. Minerva is strong, but I mean that it's stupid that Lucy couldn't defend herself when Minerva was abusing her. I hate it when the author does that. I haven't seen Lucy shine in this arc yet, and I want to see her win one fight during this arc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roju View Post
    Start watching the new episodes it helps you understand more detail.
    I get most of the details. I just forget what they are most of the times.
     
         
    Last edited by Silverforsakenhamster; 02-03-2013 at 07:14 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Yveltal's Avatar
    Status
    Yveltal is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    turn around
    Posts
    5,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    muchanime-verykpop.tumblr.com
     



    Re: Fairytail Starting to Suck

    Are serious
     
         

  8. #8
    J & A YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    Posts
    11,084
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer
     

    Re: Fairytail Starting to Suck

    the fights were always kinda dull but got even worse lately. They basically consist of battle images, barey any fluid motion in it. YowYawns~
     
         

  9. #9
    The Tactician Silverforsakenhamster's Avatar
    Status
    Silverforsakenhamster is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    I am the rat in your toilet
    Posts
    1,757
    Post Thanks / Like
    Play Pokemon X/Y? Add my 3DS
    friend code: 2148-8185-3612
     

    Re: Fairytail Starting to Suck

    Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    the fights were always kinda dull but got even worse lately. They basically consist of battle images, barey any fluid motion in it. YowYawns~
    when there was that rogue moment in that chapter it ot me interested again. fan girling for me!
     
         

  10. #10
    Senior Member Baka Sennin's Avatar
    Status
    Baka Sennin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    3,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Fairytail Starting to Suck

    apart from the feelings crap it's still good imo. but every time erza has a fight she always gets flattened then pulls out a win from her ass, it's getting predictable and annoying. kagura was destroying erza without even trying, then when she uses her strongest attack it's blocked like it was nothing, then erza wins with one strike? meh
     
         

  11. #11
    Scorps's Avatar
    Status
    Scorps is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jigoku
    Posts
    18,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I'm back but please
    refrain from showering me with
    VMS/PMS if you can...
     



    Re: Fairytail Starting to Suck

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverforsakenhamster View Post
    Okay is it just me or is Fairytail starting to get boring all of the sudden. I mean with the tournament starting to go on and the Lucy Rescue going on at the same time are constantly dizzying me. I mean we hop to one place to another. I had last year found Fairytail and I caught up with it and started reading the manga (because of my patience with the filler, plus I was interested in the Sabertooth Dragon slayers) but its starting to pull on my hair. I mean its taking too longg. I know arcs are long and stuff, but the chapter are just detail after detail without any freaking telling of what happening in the fast small fights we're watching. I'm just confused. When does everyone's magic start to better because it is, I mean what the *****?!

    Just ughhhhh, what is going on with the manga, I'm like walking around in circles with it so...

    Help me understand...
    :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

    Screaming is against the rules and consists of spam. No need to write text in pink with over sized font to get someone to read it. Be mindfull of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by shanee View Post
    hahah
    1- everyone is the series is getting so strong. are you kidding? we finally got to see fairy glitter, jallal, the 10 wizard saints guy, natsu can now use fire and lightning whenever he wants now, erza is stupid strong, grey is getting left in the dust, lucy is an over-dramatic **** that sucks and is easily beaten and levi and Chelia are my favorite!!

    2- if you are confused with the manga, i suggest that you look up reviews on youtube. thats what i do for naruto and fairy tail because i can't understand the manga very well and it helps tremendously.
    Reduce the level of bashing. No need to talk like that about characters. Just explain your point in a less aggressive manner.

    Anywho, FT is FT. It hasn't changed from the moment it was introduced. Its simply getting a more detailed and deep plot. So far we had only some here and there minor events, revolving around tasks and missions and combat. But the real plot of fairy tail revolves around the dragons, Zeref, Mavis, etc. With the Tenrou Island events, he introduced the deep end of the plot in one swoop. This means that he now has to fill in the details of many things. I love it personally. It keeps you in the dark about the next events without boring you with 3 or 4 chapters of explanations and background. If anything, he explains too surperficially many things we wish to know in detail.

    I suggest, when people feel like you feel, that they make a pause in the manga or anime for a few weeks and then watch more episodes or read more chapters in one go. I do that with One Piece Anime and it makes it more enjoyable.
     
         

  12. #12
    Senior Member thegame's Avatar
    Status
    thegame is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Fairytail Starting to Suck

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverforsakenhamster View Post
    I agree with you. I mean it should make sense to me, but sometimes just doesn't. But it is true that the fact that it's been a 7 year time skip and things and people are now much powerful than before the time skip. But I think these victories are happening because of what Ultear made team Natsu stronger. It's that Hiro makes the battle impossible to win, but out of luck the main characters had win. Which has to do with him being inspired by things just like it. Just sometimes it gets out of mind. But I mean I have only seen Lucy being able to summon more that one Celestial zodiac, but why hasn't she beaten anyone with it yet? That's not fair man. Lucy lost the first one because of a cheesy tactic from Raventail, but like Minerva burning her seems really stupid. Minerva is strong, but I mean that it's stupid that Lucy couldn't defend herself when Minerva was abusing her. I hate it when the author does that. I haven't seen Lucy shine in this arc yet, and I want to see her win one fight during this arc.
    Uhm, well many of the main characters had several very hard important battles just before the time skip, so obviously they improved a lot just by having these fights. Especially Natsu and Erza.

    Regarding Lucy it's different. Surely she has spirits that are stronger than the other. She could just use the goat (cant remember name) and Loki in every fight, but she loves all her spirits equally, which is what makes her special, and also one of the reasons she has so many golden keys. This means she doesn't prioritize any spirit over the other, she develops her bond with all of them equally, and uses them all equally. Or so it's supposed to seem like, at least.

    Lucy lost due to that Obra, yes, but that sort of had to happen. Fairy tail just had to go last from the start, though I personally had rather seen Lucy winning and Elfman losing, but that is just my opinion.
     
         

  13. #13
    The Tactician Silverforsakenhamster's Avatar
    Status
    Silverforsakenhamster is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    I am the rat in your toilet
    Posts
    1,757
    Post Thanks / Like
    Play Pokemon X/Y? Add my 3DS
    friend code: 2148-8185-3612
     

    Re: Fairytail Starting to Suck

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    Screaming is against the rules and consists of spam. No need to write text in pink with over sized font to get someone to read it. Be mindfull of that.



    Reduce the level of bashing. No need to talk like that about characters. Just explain your point in a less aggressive manner.

    Anywho, FT is FT. It hasn't changed from the moment it was introduced. Its simply getting a more detailed and deep plot. So far we had only some here and there minor events, revolving around tasks and missions and combat. But the real plot of fairy tail revolves around the dragons, Zeref, Mavis, etc. With the Tenrou Island events, he introduced the deep end of the plot in one swoop. This means that he now has to fill in the details of many things. I love it personally. It keeps you in the dark about the next events without boring you with 3 or 4 chapters of explanations and background. If anything, he explains too surperficially many things we wish to know in detail.

    I suggest, when people feel like you feel, that they make a pause in the manga or anime for a few weeks and then watch more episodes or read more chapters in one go. I do that with One Piece Anime and it makes it more enjoyable.
    If I did stop reading the manga lol, my adhd will make me forget about reading it. And very rushy to get to last updated chapter making it confusing. but yea, its better with less details. it's just shows that I need to keep in mind what happened before and all. all the little details are needed to make sense.


    Quote Originally Posted by thegame View Post
    Uhm, well many of the main characters had several very hard important battles just before the time skip, so obviously they improved a lot just by having these fights. Especially Natsu and Erza.

    Regarding Lucy it's different. Surely she has spirits that are stronger than the other. She could just use the goat (cant remember name) and Loki in every fight, but she loves all her spirits equally, which is what makes her special, and also one of the reasons she has so many golden keys. This means she doesn't prioritize any spirit over the other, she develops her bond with all of them equally, and uses them all equally. Or so it's supposed to seem like, at least.

    Lucy lost due to that Obra, yes, but that sort of had to happen. Fairy tail just had to go last from the start, though I personally had rather seen Lucy winning and Elfman losing, but that is just my opinion.
    I rather elfman win. I didnt want lusianna and mirajane in bed with that drunk.
     
         
    Last edited by Silverforsakenhamster; 02-05-2013 at 01:11 AM.

  14. #14
    Blazing Will! CrimsonFire's Avatar
    Status
    CrimsonFire is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ask the wind
    Posts
    4,514
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmph....
     

    Re: Fairytail Starting to Suck

    I find Fairy Tail at it's best from the beginning to the tower of heaven arc, after that Fairy Tail started sucking to me because of the wrong uses of the friendship theme, Natsu defeats the main antagonists in just about every arc with ether someone helping him or giving a power boost, powerful mages like Erza and Laxus should be able to defeat the antagonist not Natsu who weaker then them and they depend on Natsu to much. Characterization in Fairy Tail is over all bad look at Natsu who never changes threw the whole entire story and Lucy who loose most her fights or ether is crying. Fairy Tail didn't even have a main focus plot until the magic game arc because the events dealing x777 all come to together dealing with Lucy, Zeref, and dragons.

    I only reading Fairy Tail now because I read this far and because of the fights(though some where bs) and certain characters I like that's it.
     
         

  15. #15
    The Tactician Silverforsakenhamster's Avatar
    Status
    Silverforsakenhamster is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    I am the rat in your toilet
    Posts
    1,757
    Post Thanks / Like
    Play Pokemon X/Y? Add my 3DS
    friend code: 2148-8185-3612
     

    Re: Fairytail Starting to Suck

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonFire View Post
    I find Fairy Tail at it's best from the beginning to the tower of heaven arc, after that Fairy Tail started sucking to me because of the wrong uses of the friendship theme, Natsu defeats the main antagonists in just about every arc with ether someone helping him or giving a power boost, powerful mages like Erza and Laxus should be able to defeat the antagonist not Natsu who weaker then them and they depend on Natsu to much. Characterization in Fairy Tail is over all bad look at Natsu who never changes threw the whole entire story and Lucy who loose most her fights or ether is crying. Fairy Tail didn't even have a main focus plot until the magic game arc because the events dealing x777 all come to together dealing with Lucy, Zeref, and dragons.

    I only reading Fairy Tail now because I read this far and because of the fights(though some where bs) and certain characters I like that's it.
    most that stuff is just plot man and i follow the wind
     
         

  16. #16
    Member Maito Gai's Avatar
    Status
    Maito Gai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    551
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you're depressed you'e
    living in the past, If you're
    anxious you're living in the
    future, if you're at peace
    you're living in the present.
    -Lao Tzu
     

    Re: Fairytail Starting to Suck

    i think its getting more bad ass
     
         

  17. #17
    Blazing Will! CrimsonFire's Avatar
    Status
    CrimsonFire is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ask the wind
    Posts
    4,514
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmph....
     

    Re: Fairytail Starting to Suck

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverforsakenhamster View Post
    most that stuff is just plot man and i follow the wind
    Plot? Again Fairy Tail did not have main focus plot until the magic games arc dealing with x777 related stuff. lol cool
     
         

  18. #18
    Member
    Status
    Minagatachi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Fairytail Starting to Suck

    I think it's getting better, but it still has a lot of problems.
     
         

  19. #19
    Member KakuzuHatesMoney's Avatar
    Status
    KakuzuHatesMoney is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    313
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Fairytail Starting to Suck

    Quote Originally Posted by Baka Sennin View Post
    apart from the feelings crap it's still good imo. but every time erza has a fight she always gets flattened then pulls out a win from her ass, it's getting predictable and annoying. kagura was destroying erza without even trying, then when she uses her strongest attack it's blocked like it was nothing, then erza wins with one strike? meh
    Just like Zorro from One Piece. Stop whining.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •