Page 3 of 13 « First 1234567 ... Last»
Results 41 to 60 of 242
  1. #41
    Senior Member Jin Hayami's Avatar
    Status
    Jin Hayami is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,705
    Thread Killer
     

    Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post
    Umm, foster care?
    Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post
    I know what you're saying, but there's always the chance of foster care. There's always the chance that the kid can have a better life. I don't think it's right to take that chance away.
    Foster care is terrible. Mainly a bunch of people just above welfare that are looking for some more cash in exchanged for half assed parenting.

    Quote Originally Posted by IchisaMiku View Post
    If my wife wanted to get an a abortion because she didn't want a kid now I would tell her no, I will keep the baby and you can leave.
    Because you have a sense of responsibility.
     
         

  2. #42
    Detective L's Avatar
    Status
    Detective L is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    10,737
    Location
    Ferelden - Hinterlands
    Jana is the best of the best
    of the best of the best.
     



    Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi Rane View Post
    Abortion is basically a choice....it can't be called an aboslute crime though.....people can have their own opinion regarding abortion which can be nothing more than a merely vague concept....
    Killing a person is a crime,which is exactly what abortion is.You cant go to jail for it but still..
     
         

  3. #43
    Banned
    Status
    IchisaMiku is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,049
    Location
    Ask.
    ................
     

    Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jin Hayami View Post
    Foster care is terrible. Mainly a bunch of people just above welfare that are looking for some more cash in exchanged for half assed parenting.



    Because you have a sense of responsibility.
    Thank you and yes some foster cares are bad.
     
         

  4. #44
    Member Sourcandy's Avatar
    Status
    Sourcandy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    86
    In the edge of breaking
    down♪
     

    Re: Abortion

    There are so many scenarios where an abortion can be considered that you can't just call someone a coward for going that way. What if the woman was raped? What if her life is at risk?
     
         

  5. #45
    Banned
    Status
    IchisaMiku is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,049
    Location
    Ask.
    ................
     

    Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Sourcandy View Post
    There are so many scenarios where an abortion can be considered that you can't just call someone a coward for going that way. What if the woman was raped? What if her life is at risk?
    You are right about the scenarios but if she was raped and didn't want the baby then she can give the baby to a good home.
     
         

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Status
    drknght is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,463
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Abortion

    Abortion is a murder in a direct way. But, what about the father's right? You disregarded it completely.
     
         

  7. #47
    Senior Member Itachi Rane's Avatar
    Status
    Itachi Rane is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,323
    Location
    India
    IT'S OVER 9000!!!
     

    Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Detective L View Post
    Killing a person is a crime,which is exactly what abortion is.You cant go to jail for it but still..
    As long as the mother hasn't delivered yet, the baby still is part of her body, connected by the umbilical chord....and the baby's nutrition is all taken care of by the mother's diet(i suck in biology) so....i think yes the mother can get rid of the baby according to law.....however whethee it is a moral crime or not depends on how a person views it....
     
         

  8. #48
    Banned
    Status
    IchisaMiku is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,049
    Location
    Ask.
    ................
     

    Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by drknght View Post
    Abortion is a murder in a direct way. But, what about the father's right? You disregarded it completely.
    I would want my child. If she doesn't want a kid then she can leave but I'm keeping the baby.
     
         

  9. #49
    Sunbro pateuvasiliu's Avatar
    Status
    pateuvasiliu is online now
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8,595
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Abortion

    Definitely against it.

    A woman should absolutely have the right to make this choice, it's her body
    It's also a baby's right to be born.
     
         

  10. #50
    Detective L's Avatar
    Status
    Detective L is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    10,737
    Location
    Ferelden - Hinterlands
    Jana is the best of the best
    of the best of the best.
     



    Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by drknght View Post
    Abortion is a murder in a direct way. But, what about the father's right? You disregarded it completely.
    Yeah,forgot the father.But you know women..
     
         

  11. #51
    Senior Member Pavoneo's Avatar
    Status
    Pavoneo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,649
    Location
    Hopefully no where near you.
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post
    I know what you're saying, but there's always the chance of foster care. There's always the chance that the kid can have a better life. I don't think it's right to take that chance away.
    Foster care isn't all that it's made up to sound. I'm sure you heard of abusive foster care, but we're going to pretend foster kids aren't abused, I'll just focus on their situation. I'll just throw some statistics at you really quick about foster care, children spend 3 years in the system on average, and are constantly changing from one foster home to another, children could easily move 20-30 times before being adopted. Roughly 25% of the criminals in prison were once in foster care, almost half of the children in foster care have the ultimate goal of being reunited with their birth parents, most of which never reach their goal. Very scarcely do children who go into the foster care system come out at "okay". Not to mention the psychological emptiness of not being able to meet their parents or being abused/surrounded by drugs. Do you know what kinds of people adopt these children? People who sell them for drugs, making the children usually sex slaves for years. Whether you think living that life or killing them before they're born is your perception, that's fine. I'm just throwing out some food for thought.
     
         

  12. #52
    Art is a Bang! kajiko's Avatar
    Status
    kajiko is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    333
    Location
    On Uranus. Its full of Methanie, and everything is blue.
    Roses are red. His name is
    Dave. This poem's ironic.
    Microwave.
     

    Re: Abortion

    Hard to say. Women have a right to their body, but at the same time, it is murder. It's taking the life of a child before it could truly live. That kid could never watch Naruto with you, or one piece, and it could never learn to ride a bike or get a boy/girlfriend. :/
     
         

  13. #53
    Senior Member rollin's Avatar
    Status
    rollin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,773
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Pavoneo View Post
    Foster care isn't all that it's made up to sound. I'm sure you heard of abusive foster care, but we're going to pretend foster kids aren't abused, I'll just focus on their situation. I'll just throw some statistics at you really quick about foster care, children spend 3 years in the system on average, and are constantly changing from one foster home to another, children could easily move 20-30 times before being adopted. Roughly 25% of the criminals in prison were once in foster care, almost half of the children in foster care have the ultimate goal of being reunited with their birth parents, most of which never reach their goal. Very scarcely do children who go into the foster care system come out at "okay". Not to mention the psychological emptiness of not being able to meet their parents or being abused/surrounded by drugs. Do you know what kinds of people adopt these children? People who sell them for drugs, making the children usually sex slaves for years. Whether you think living that life or killing them before they're born is your perception, that's fine. I'm just throwing out some food for thought.
    if you had the choice between not being born and foster care which one would you choose?
    i personally would want to be born and have a chance at life, that's why it would make me a hypocrite to think abortion is right
     
         

  14. #54
    Detective L's Avatar
    Status
    Detective L is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    10,737
    Location
    Ferelden - Hinterlands
    Jana is the best of the best
    of the best of the best.
     



    Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by kajiko View Post
    Hard to say. Women have a right to their body, but at the same time, it is murder. It's taking the life of a child before it could truly live. That kid could never watch Naruto with you, or one piece, and it could never learn to ride a bike or get a boy/girlfriend. :/
    Yes THIS is what I mean.
     
         

  15. #55
    Senior Member Pavoneo's Avatar
    Status
    Pavoneo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,649
    Location
    Hopefully no where near you.
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by rollin View Post
    if you had the choice between not being born and foster care which one would you choose?
    i personally would want to be born and have a chance at life, that's why it would make me a hypocrite to think abortion is right
    Good question, a tough one that I'd have to think about for a while before coming to a final decision. Although due to my dark/skewed perception of this place we call earth I wouldn't want to be born, but I won't get into that. So you're asking if you had no prior knowledge of what you were about to be going into in the act of being born, would you do it? I personally feel that if I was brought up in abusive foster care for years, my psychological perception would be extremely bent and I wouldn't be able to truly function in society, making my life miserable because everyday I'd envy something every one of us have and take for granted daily. We have no idea how lucky we all are, it's silly we waste it doing this^^. Obviously that's just my perception.. Kind of a depressing one :\ Forgot to directly answer, I'd have to go with no in the end.
     
         

  16. #56
    Sage wargear's Avatar
    Status
    wargear is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    351
    Location
    The 18 wheeler that just passed you...
    worn out in Montana...
     

    Re: Abortion

    It's been a sad trend here lately to post threads on subjects so irrelevant to what NB is about in the interest of stirring up S**t This one is no exception I'm a man and it's a woman's issue so I'm in no position to make a judgement on whether it's right or not.
     
         

  17. #57
    Detective L's Avatar
    Status
    Detective L is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    10,737
    Location
    Ferelden - Hinterlands
    Jana is the best of the best
    of the best of the best.
     



    Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by wargear View Post
    It's been a sad trend here lately to post threads on subjects so irrelevant to what NB is about in the interest of stirring up S**t This one is no exception I'm a man and it's a woman's issue so I'm in no position to make a judgement on whether it's right or not.
    But its general discussion? I dont want to start flame war,i want to hear an opinion from the members on a touchy topic..
     
         

  18. #58
    Senior Member rollin's Avatar
    Status
    rollin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,773
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Pavoneo View Post
    Good question, a tough one that I'd have to think about for a while before coming to a final decision. Although due to my dark/skewed perception of this place we call earth I wouldn't want to be born, but I won't get into that. So you're asking if you had no prior knowledge of what you were about to be going into in the act of being born, would you do it? I personally feel that if I was brought up in abusive foster care for years, my psychological perception would be extremely bent and I wouldn't be able to truly function in society, making my life miserable because everyday I'd envy something every one of us have and take for granted daily. We have no idea how lucky we all are, it's silly we waste it doing this^^. Obviously that's just my perception.. Kind of a depressing one :\ Forgot to directly answer, I'd have to go with no in the end.
    but what if you weren't brought up in abusive foster care?
    i have a few friends who were adopted into good families and even if i was somehow born into an abusive foster care i would still want to have a chance at life to do something about that instead of not be born at all
     
         

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Status
    drknght is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,463
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Abortion

    Women think that just because the baby is in her uterus, the baby(fetus) belongs to her, just to her. Baby's body is not her body. For the people that don't believe in God, abortion is not much of a deal. We believe that kid will go straight to the heaven, done. However for atheists, murdering these kids is equal to wasting chances for a better future, because this baby may become a scientist that will ease our own lives.

    Why don't we just take socialistic thinking and apply it here *spits*. Don't worry if the kid will end up in a better or worse conditions. It may end up better than you think. So, as you can't tell the future, stop saying that it will end up as a drug dealer or whatever you are saying here. Don't worry about it. Just have a kid NOW, and late the fate/God decide whether it will end up as a slum or as a multi-millionaire
     
         

  20. #60
    Member Sourcandy's Avatar
    Status
    Sourcandy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    86
    In the edge of breaking
    down♪
     

    Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by IchisaMiku View Post
    You are right about the scenarios but if she was raped and didn't want the baby then she can give the baby to a good home.
    excuse me? It looks like you have no empathy whatsoever. Have you thought about the emotional pain that keeping the pregnancy would cause? Not would it only affect the mother put chances are the baby will also suffer from it.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •