Page 4 of 6 « First 123456 Last»
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm..

Re: Deidara's Fighting style counters Minato's?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogard View Post
    I started to doubt with the anime since the moment they gave Tobirama Bringer of Darkness when in the manga it's Hashirama's jutsu, and it's only one example among the long list
    True...but this proves that it was the Chains. You cannot deny that.

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    IAmKing

Haha thanks :D I did draw it. Why are you doubting in my talent? :rofl: Also the amount of chakra a summoning jutsu takes depends on the size of the summon i believe. You can't tell me that summoning Gamakichi takes the same amount as summoning Gamabunta. Jiraya even when druggled without able to use his chakra properly was able to summon a small toad, which means it doesn't take that much chakra. So summoning Gerotora probably didn't take that much chakra

How could he be outside when his feet on the page are already on the base of the normal triangle? Actually i even think my circle was smaller because i only wanted to show you the smaller circle as possible. Remember the barrier was surrounding them forming a circle
    Bogard i like that your consistent, but you cant prove anything. The manga image i provided have shown the opposite or YOUR drawing (as nice as it was). I really am not understanding your point anymore lol

AGAIN LOOK WHERE THE 3RD IS STANDING, LOOK AT HIS SURROUNDING!! HE WAS IN THE SAME SPOT THE ENTIRE TIME!!! H WASNT IN THE BARRIERRRRRRRRR LOL.....he even puts his hand up, at the same spot outlining the circle of the chains

Also, Jman had problems molding his chakra, this has nothing to do with chakra levels. His chakra levels were still full, nothing was drained. Even Naruto was able to do that.

Last edited by blazekev90; 02-04-2013 at 05:32 AM.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "It is the mark of an
    educated mind to be able to
    entertain a thought without
    accepting it"

i don't think deidara is in minato's league but you make awesome points. remember that minato is smart (actually very smart) so he will try to decrease the distance between him and a long range fighter (he won't be just on the defence). and you forgot a major thing that minato can do, IF HE MARKED DEIDARA THEN THERE IS NO LONG RANGE ATTACKS COZ HE WILL BE ON DEIDARA LIKE HIS SHADOW (so he only needs to touch deidara once and thats it) that won't be difficult for the fastest shinobi unless of course the circumstances of this fight are different (if deidara starts this fight while he is already in the air then that might be challenging) other than that he can't compete with minato.

Last edited by JIRAIYA perv; 02-04-2013 at 05:31 AM.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    04/2012 - 07/2014

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyDogGeneral View Post
    True...but this proves that it was the Chains. You cannot deny that.
    Sure, they gave it to Kushina's chain in the anime, but i still find it illogical that Minato is the one saying he will put a barrier and in the end they give it to Kushina? Why did Minato say it that then? The way i see it, the chains and the barrier are 2different jutsus. It's not as if it was the first time we see chain techniques and i never saw a chain erecting a barrier. I personally doesn't even see the relationship. Kushina even used the same chain against Kyubi when SM Naruto was fighting there, and no barrier was present

But like i've said, it doesn't even matter anyway for our debate since the only thing important is to know that Minato can replicate a similar barrier since he said so

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    IAmKing

Sure, they gave it to Kushina's chain in the anime, but i still find it illogical that Minato is the one saying he will put a barrier and in the end they give it to Kushina? Why did Minato say it that then? The way i see it, the chains and the barrier are 2different jutsus. It's not as if it was the first time we see chain techniques and i never saw a chain erecting a barrier. Kushina even used the same chain against Kyubi when SM Naruto was fighting there, and no barrier was present

But like i've said, it doesn't even matter anyway for our debate since the only thing important is to know that Minato can replicate a similar barrier since he said so
    He didn't though

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm..

Sure, they gave it to Kushina's chain in the anime, but i still find it illogical that Minato is the one saying he will put a barrier and in the end they give it to Kushina? Why did Minato say it that then? The way i see it, the chains and the barrier are 2different jutsus. It's not as if it was the first time we see chain techniques and i never saw a chain erecting a barrier. Kushina even used the same chain against Kyubi when SM Naruto was fighting there, and no barrier was present

Meh, Minato was almost out of chakra and occupied with the DDS..he also didn't make any handseals whatsoever which deny's it being his even more. I'd give the technique to him if there was some physical implication that he himself set up that barrier or even if Hiruzen was able to bypass the circumfrence covered by Kushina's chakra chains. I find it hard to believe it was minato's tech, but it's up to you to believe what you want.

Even though he said so, there's no evidence he can do so. Thats hype...our discussion is based on feats being that it's a hypothetical situation pitting each party's techniques against one another.

Last edited by Waltz; 02-04-2013 at 05:23 AM.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Horny and sadistic with a dash
    of racism

Sasuke nearly blitzed deidara and minato is faster than him. Deidara doesn't get off the ground and if he does minato can throw kunai and ftg away from explosions. In between ftging to avoid explosions he can make use of his base speed and run to places with out kunai and mark them with his hand seals. Deidara will tire of missing and expending chakra so he will proceed to Garuda. Minato is smart. So I think he'll know that the guy who does nothing but use explosives was using a tricky explosive so he would teleport away to a pre planted kunai perhaps in konoha before Garuda ruptures then he counts for a few minutes letting deidara search for him in vain. Minato comes back deidara's inferiority complex sets in and he tries to attack a few more times then suicide bombs. Minato uses his seal to teleport the part of the explosion coming at him elsewhere. Minato can win this without even having to attack deidara. Deidara can't keep composure.

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    IAmKing

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJeffersonwasasadist View Post
    Sasuke nearly blitzed deidara and minato is faster than him. Deidara doesn't get off the ground and if he does minato can throw kunai and ftg away from explosions. In between ftging to avoid explosions he can make use of his base speed and run to places with out kunai and mark them with his hand seals. Deidara will tire of missing and expending chakra so he will proceed to Garuda. Minato is smart. So I think he'll know that the guy who does nothing but use explosives was using a tricky explosive so he would teleport away to a pre planted kunai perhaps in konoha before Garuda ruptures then he counts for a few minutes letting deidara search for him in vain. Minato comes back deidara's inferiority complex sets in and he tries to attack a few more times then suicide bombs. Minato uses his seal to teleport the part of the explosion coming at him elsewhere. Minato can win this without even having to attack deidara. Deidara can't keep composure.
    you underestiamte his refelxs. Sasuke isnt faster than Gai and Deidara was able to escape from his team after beign this close...

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    IAmKing

Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    Either I'm underestimating Deidara's speed or your overestimating it. Minato should be able to attack before Deidara forms his bird to fly away. Unless Deidara is given more time to prepare his attacks.
    not to be bias, but I think you're underestimaing his speed. Also, most of the time he's already on his bird

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Satire and Irony.

If Minato can avoid turning it into a long rage combat he'd win for sure.

but knowing Deidara. He'd have the upper hand.

Deidara is good at surveying, he'd survey the area first to choose where he'd fight minato as minato would have to chase him cause he's flying.

If minato were to turn it into his advantage. he'd look for an area where Deidara would struggle flying or take advantage of his birds.

other than that, Deidara would most likely win and Minato would have to retreat or wait for another opportunity.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Food Carter would take him out of the sky instantaneously. He also can incredibly summons that can do incredible damage not to mention, i doubt he could get out of reach of them.

Ma & Paa... also have the option to use sound genjutsu on him. Minato can easily place a marker on the toad's and get them to jump close enough to him, then appear and rasengan him to the face.

There are many options that he can use....

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watch this pocket watch. see
    how i swing it in a slow
    arc... You are feeling
    sleepy... When i snap my
    fingers, you will wake up, and
    give me Rep... Click!

The figh depends entirely on whether deidara gets a sneak attack. if he can start with a c4, He wins negative diff.Otherwise, minato can tele away from a C4, but i dont think he can get to deidara.

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    IAmKing

Quote Originally Posted by YellowFlash1 View Post
    Food Carter would take him out of the sky instantaneously. He also can incredibly summons that can do incredible damage not to mention, i doubt he could get out of reach of them.

Ma & Paa... also have the option to use sound genjutsu on him. Minato can easily place a marker on the toad's and get them to jump close enough to him, then appear and rasengan him to the face.

There are many options that he can use....

Minato has only shown one summon, ma & pa are reaching!

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by blazekev90 View Post
    He can summon all toads coz Kishi said so..The contract with bunta is a contract with all toads..

Banned
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

he has shown two and also

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    IAmKing

Quote Originally Posted by ajpn920 View Post
    He can summon all toads coz Kishi said so..The contract with bunta is a contract with all toads..
    Yes, I've seen this before, but I also noticed it was also directed towards Naurto himself. Therefore, I've ignored this claim.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Yes, I've seen this before, but I also noticed it was also directed towards Naurto himself. Therefore, I've ignored this claim.
    They have the same contract so it's applicable to all toad summoners..

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Gamabunta uses a suiton on Deidara which soaks the clay dragon and he comes crashing down.

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    IAmKing

They have the same contract so it's applicable to all toad summoners..
    Ok, I'll go along with that. Than what?? He summons a big toad, maybe even two...than? How does this ultimately lead to Deidara falling from the sky and how would he fail to easily hit them with a bomb?

Keep in mind the chakra requirement of summoning toads, Minato doesn't have SM.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Ok, I'll go along with that. Than what?? He summons a big toad, maybe even two...than? How does this ultimately lead to Deidara falling from the sky and how would he fail to easily hit them with a bomb?

Keep in mind the chakra requirement of summoning toads, Minato doesn't have SM.
    Summoning toads does not necessarily requires SM. If you can remember during part 1, naruto needed kuramas chakra to summon bunta and it was said that Minato first summon bunta during his youth. You can see that he has large chakra supply.

With regards to deidara fight, if the only reason is how he can reach him then he has the food cart destroyer which is a summoning tech and we know that summoning tech is a space time ninjutsu. He can always close the gap no matter how far Deidara is.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I do agree with you that Diedara has the advantage being a mid or long range fighter, but he is also quick to judge, arrogant, and misses a lot of things going on because he is so focused on his retarded idea of art!

This being said, Minato is Smarter, calm, collected, able to think in any situation, and his S/T Ninjutsu give him the advantage of being anywhere on the battle field in an instant(As long as there is a seal somewhere).

All he would have to do is get a seal on diedara and he would have the advantage, that wouldn't be easy considering how dangerous his clay explosions are!

But I doubt he would have to run or retreat, Minato would figure out Diedara's weakness and cause him to lose his cool even more and miss some key things going on in the battle.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    When people are part of a
    group...

Quote Originally Posted by sulanis View Post
    I do agree with you that Diedara has the advantage being a mid or long range fighter, but he is also quick to judge, arrogant, and misses a lot of things going on because he is so focused on his retarded idea of art!

This being said, Minato is Smarter, calm, collected, able to think in any situation, and his S/T Ninjutsu give him the advantage of being anywhere on the battle field in an instant(As long as there is a seal somewhere).

All he would have to do is get a seal on diedara and he would have the advantage, that wouldn't be easy considering how dangerous his clay explosions are!

But I doubt he would have to run or retreat, Minato would figure out Diedara's weakness and cause him to lose his cool even more and miss some key things going on in the battle.
    Where did you get that impression, if Deidara really like as you said, he could not have captured Gaara, also he could not escape Kakshi's Kamui as well as team guy, and also remember he gave Sasuke a hard time, Sasuke couldn't have survived without manda(at that time). I don't know why ppl keep saying he is dumb, retard, etc..

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    IAmKing

Summoning toads does not necessarily requires SM. If you can remember during part 1, naruto needed kuramas chakra to summon bunta and it was said that Minato first summon bunta during his youth. You can see that he has large chakra supply.

With regards to deidara fight, if the only reason is how he can reach him then he has the food cart destroyer which is a summoning tech and we know that summoning tech is a space time ninjutsu. He can always close the gap no matter how far Deidara is.
    I misunderstand, I wasn't saying you need SM to summon, I was pointing out those who have summoned families had SM, granting them chakra. Minato's chakra reserve being large debatable, as shown against Tobi. Also, toad sizes matter in summoning.

Now, cart destroyer, yes it is a simple summoning. Whether how it is used depends on Minato. If he was to use it like he did against the Kyuubi, this wouldn't be as effective.deidara flies the same high or higher. Therefore, the toad would have to fall from above dice it's target is so small in comparison. Now, while so high up (can't supply a link on phone) Deidara has the time to react, by dodging or making that bird itself an explosive against the toad.

(I get off work at 3, I'll clear this up Bette than)

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I misunderstand, I wasn't saying you need SM to summon, I was pointing out those who have summoned families had SM, granting them chakra. Minato's chakra reserve being large debatable, as shown against Tobi. Also, toad sizes matter in summoning.

Now, cart destroyer, yes it is a simple summoning. Whether how it is used depends on Minato. If he was to use it like he did against the Kyuubi, this wouldn't be as effective.deidara flies the same high or higher. Therefore, the toad would have to fall from above dice it's target is so small in comparison. Now, while so high up (can't supply a link on phone) Deidara has the time to react, by dodging or making that bird itself an explosive against the toad.

(I get off work at 3, I'll clear this up Bette than)
    The problem is he's not expecting something to fall from above when he's up there. FCD is a surprise attack because it falls above the target in an instant. He won't be expecting an attack from above not when the opponent is several meters below him. Granting he was able to notice it, how close is Minato now? Is he going to mold his bombs and make hand seals or avoid the attack?

The Legendary Devil Hunter Minator93's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being the best isn't all it's
    made out to be. When you're
    strong, you become arrogant
    and withdrawn. Even if what
    you sought after was your
    dream.

Those who think that Minato can't achieve heights during battle are highly mistaken. YellowFlash1 has already mentioned some, I'll add one.

Minato can through a Kunai in air then FTGv2 to the moving kunai then again through the Kunai to a higher altitude and repeat the process

Kinda like Naruto did with is clones.