Page 5 of 6 « First 123456 Last»
    ~Boss~Minato~Uzumaki~ ~Sovereign~'s Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conquer The World

Re: Deidara's Fighting style counters Minato's?

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyDogGeneral View Post
    What about the bombs that travel around the barrier?
    the barrier is about the size of the hokage statue (probably a little smaller but thats still big enough)

if some of the bombs go over the top of the barrier, it wont come straight down on minato because things that small will travel in the wind and will fall diagonally, and if the wind is blowing toward minato then the bombs will also blow towards minato and the barrier will send them into another dimension lol

no matter how you look at it space time barrier counter c0 and c4

i've explained how minato can counter EVERYTHING deidara has shown so far in the manga, and yes deidara can counter too but this is when minato's intelligence will start to kick in

so IMO, minato>deidara high diff because deidara has the advantage so minato has to work for the win

Banned
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    If my mere presence is in a
    thread = game over

Well I'll get straight to the point, looking at it from deidara's point of view being that is my argument.

Deidara has something Minato doesn't range. Sure, Minato can throw a Hirashin kunai, but how far? Deidara specializes at long range battles, namely from high in the sky. And if even one of his attacks hits, it's going to be pretty devastating. Though, if Minato can use that Space Time Barrier he used to teleport the Kyuubi's attack to teleport one of Deidara's bigger explosions, he might get a bit of an edge. Deidara could theoretically win a ground battle as well, give that he stays a far enough distance away. He has homing bombs that move on their own, as well as microscopic bombs. He can manage a battle from half a mile away.

Its possible that Minato could try to catch him in the air through some ingenious Kunai throwing chain combo but i don't think it is a sure thing being that their's factors like gravity to consider..also at a given height it may take some time for minato to get there.

What about C4? We know C4 is microscopic and a cloud. Clouds tend to envelope. I don't think he'll be able to protect himself from all of it. He might not even see it. As I recall, Sasuke didn't until he used his Sharingan. The only hope Minato has of avoiding C4 is if the Jikukan Barrier technique is able to protect him from it by chance. And even then, it's unlikely it'll protect him from all of them.

I see a very possible counter here for Minato's Fighting style and FTG.
    Never thought of this.. but Minato is a natural genius, plus he has Gamabunta and all the toads..
    If deidara's tagged, it's over, if minato gets bombed, it's over
    I don't know who would win a fight between the two

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    God Complex.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sovereign~ View Post
    the barrier is about the size of the hokage statue (probably a little smaller but thats still big enough)

if some of the bombs go over the top of the barrier, it wont come straight down on minato because things that small will travel in the wind and will fall diagonally, and if the wind is blowing toward minato then the bombs will also blow towards minato and the barrier will send them into another dimension lol

no matter how you look at it space time barrier counter c0 and c4

i've explained how minato can counter EVERYTHING deidara has shown so far in the manga, and yes deidara can counter too but this is when minato's intelligence will start to kick in

so IMO, minato>deidara high diff because deidara has the advantage so minato has to work for the win
    I see where your coming from but wind won't affect the bombs if their being controlled by deidara. Minato could/would still be affected.

Sage of NarutoBase a thousand years of death's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

you do know that minato only used flying thunder god to great effect, summonings and rasengan in his fights. we have not seen all of minatos abilities so there are (i would imagine) some techniques he knows which would allow him to fight deidara.

just wait, i bet minato will show some techniques that will blow everyones mind

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shadows...yeah

I've got to say, your points seem valid, but Minato can use Gamabunta's oil and ignite it with explosive tags. This is very long range, if i am not mistaken.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I don't think Minato will give Deidara the chance to use any if his deadly moves. If they start the same meters as where him and Sasuke fought, then he will get blitz. Sasuke was almost fast enough to blitz Deidara, by the time Sasuke slashed Tobi, Deidara only then fled.

Minato never relishes long battles, his fights are usually over in a minute. Yondaime don't waste no time lol.

If Deidara starts from long range, ie ontop of clay bird several meteres in the air, then Minato would be in some trouble. Although with Gamabuntas help with his incredible jumping heights combined with s/t Kunai I don't think Deidara will have time to counter.

Good thread I must say.

You will burn Veritas. Sir Blades of Chaos's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    You would never guess, but its at my house ;)
    Post Thanks / Like
    #TH United.

Minato has amazing reflexes, a barrier for large explosions, and for those honing projectiles, he can just teleport away from them, the question should be how long can both of them keep it up, deidara is very short tempered, and minato can use it to his advantage.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    vote me for Gmod

I'll have you know I beat a guy online in NUNS2

I used Minato, he used Deidara

The Proof is In THE PUDDING

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chihaya's NB BOYFRIEND. lml

Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    This is true, Minato has little attacks to hurt Deidara. I'm just assuming this won't be a long range battle, which would help Minato.
    Situational: Close range: Minato would win. Far range: Deidara would win. imo
    This^

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Does kage kunai jutsu allow the FTG seal to be replicated? If so it's pretty much over for Deidara since those kunais goes FAR. Also, its rather iffy comparing people's skill with Minato's since we barely know exactly what his skillset is. Yeah, he can do FTG and Rasengan but he must know more than that to become Hokage and he didn't develop them until he was like jonin. So for all we know he could know a jutsu that could help defeat Deidara but we just haven't seen it.

Banned
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Minato could literally fly aha. He could throw the kunai up, teleport to it, throw it, teleport and keep going up

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

well in order for deidara to fly he needs to summon/create that dragon of his.before he creates it,he will be eating minato`s rasengan.but otherwise yes,i agree that deidara has an advantage over minato while airborne.especially with C4.but deidara wont live long enough for that

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dizzy

C4 is scary everyone is afraid microscopic mini explosive

Status
    Nov 2012
    Riding around with a blunt in my lip, the sun in my eyes with a gun on my hip.
    Post Thanks / Like
    "In this world wherever
    there is light - there are
    also shadows. As long as the
    concept of winners exist,
    there must be losers. The
    selfish desire of wanting to
    maintain peace causes wars,
    and hatred is born to protect
    love" - Madara Uchiha

Minato wins with one hand.

▓☆ Young Money'Gz Kush ★▓ unorthodox's Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2012
    Cooling With Dantee' Champ Shelke Solo Uchiha macho Under Sasuke's ps wings from Tsuki no mi
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel so empty when sasuke
    fans fail to relize that we
    owned them and they should
    respect us no only out of fear
    but also the fact they we are
    much older members and has
    much more experience then they
    do from 2011-2012 SMCDUS

agree people seems to sleep on deidara because he lost to 3 tomoe sasuke when minato could suffer the same fate

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conquer The World

I see where your coming from but wind won't affect the bombs if their being controlled by deidara. Minato could/would still be affected.
    when have deidara controlled the bombs (c4)?? give me a link

how would minato still be affected??

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan View Post
    Minato wins with one hand.
    no but he'll win

Quote Originally Posted by Smd View Post
    its true. that if deidara gets off his jutsu. minato or anybody w/o kkg eyes are toast.

but minato is fast mabye he wouldnt allow him to perform handseals.... but deidara can fly.

deidara>minato
    just because deidara can fly?? if thats the case, anyone that can fly is unstoppable, which is proved wrong in the manga already

just because deidara can fly that doesnt mean his attacks will work, minato can still dodge and deidara can still run out of chakra like he did against sasuke

give a explaination at least

Quote Originally Posted by unorthodox View Post
    agree people seems to sleep on deidara because he lost to 3 tomoe sasuke when minato could suffer the same fate
    i actually like deidara and will overrate him at times, he's just weak against sharingan but i really think minato can beat him and i explained how minato counters deidara

Last edited by ~Sovereign~; 02-05-2013 at 02:26 AM.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I honestly think it all has to do with starting position. If they start on the ground like Sasuke vs Deidara, Deidara is screwed. We already know that Minato doesn't like to play around, he likes to get it over with ASAP. All he has to do is tag Deidara and it's over, and given that Sasuke got pretty close with no problem, i have no doubt Minato could at least touch him. After that it's game over. However, if they start with Deidara in the sky, it becomes a little more problematic on Minato's end.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Warning View Post
    I'll have you know I beat a guy online in NUNS2

I used Minato, he used Deidara

The Proof is In THE PUDDING
    This

Thread/

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    High School

I'd say the two are around the same level. But on 1 vs 1, I THINK Minato would still win. The time it takes for an explosion to fully explode is plenty enough for him to teleport to a safely placed kunai. And also, he could just teleport a larger explosion right beside Deidera, and blow him up.

Academy Student
    Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

You have found a brilliant counter to Minato's fighting style. I honestly don't think Minato stands much of a chance here.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by JIRAIYA perv View Post
    i don't think deidara is in minato's league but you make awesome points. remember that minato is smart (actually very smart) so he will try to decrease the distance between him and a long range fighter (he won't be just on the defence). and you forgot a major thing that minato can do, IF HE MARKED DEIDARA THEN THERE IS NO LONG RANGE ATTACKS COZ HE WILL BE ON DEIDARA LIKE HIS SHADOW (so he only needs to touch deidara once and thats it) that won't be difficult for the fastest shinobi unless of course the circumstances of this fight are different (if deidara starts this fight while he is already in the air then that might be challenging) other than that he can't compete with minato.
    I've been observing you two go on and on about who put up the barrier. IMO its not important who did, be it Kushina or Minato.
    What's important was Minato was planning to set up a barrier which is capable of containing the kyubi before Kushina. Whether it was Kushina's barrier or Minato's doesnt matter. The fact of the matter is Minato has a barrier tech.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ticked off!

Well I'll get straight to the point, looking at it from deidara's point of view being that is my argument.

Deidara has something Minato doesn't range. Sure, Minato can throw a Hirashin kunai, but how far? Deidara specializes at long range battles, namely from high in the sky. And if even one of his attacks hits, it's going to be pretty devastating. Though, if Minato can use that Space Time Barrier he used to teleport the Kyuubi's attack to teleport one of Deidara's bigger explosions, he might get a bit of an edge. Deidara could theoretically win a ground battle as well, give that he stays a far enough distance away. He has homing bombs that move on their own, as well as microscopic bombs. He can manage a battle from half a mile away.

Its possible that Minato could try to catch him in the air through some ingenious Kunai throwing chain combo but i don't think it is a sure thing being that their's factors like gravity to consider..also at a given height it may take some time for minato to get there.

What about C4? We know C4 is microscopic and a cloud. Clouds tend to envelope. I don't think he'll be able to protect himself from all of it. He might not even see it. As I recall, Sasuke didn't until he used his Sharingan. The only hope Minato has of avoiding C4 is if the Jikukan Barrier technique is able to protect him from it by chance. And even then, it's unlikely it'll protect him from all of them.

I see a very possible counter here for Minato's Fighting style and FTG.
    Correct my friend. Deidara does have the advantage in a long range fight , but Minato will never let it get that far. He is definitely too smart to let anyone gain distance. He will first gauge him in hand to hand combat to see his skill level. Once Minato touches him (and he will touch him) this fight is over. Minato is not one to play around with opponents. I'm no Minato fanboy, but if you would have said Hidan, I would give him a better chance.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    An eye for an eye, my friend~

Quote Originally Posted by SatchiZurake View Post
    I honestly think it all has to do with starting position. If they start on the ground like Sasuke vs Deidara, Deidara is screwed. We already know that Minato doesn't like to play around, he likes to get it over with ASAP. All he has to do is tag Deidara and it's over, and given that Sasuke got pretty close with no problem, i have no doubt Minato could at least touch him. After that it's game over. However, if they start with Deidara in the sky, it becomes a little more problematic on Minato's end.
    This. Minato's the fastest in the Manga, right? Excluding Naruto's current form. Pretty sure he'd be able to get to Deidara even if he was up in the sky with the Tele. Kunai combo. I know it was stated he could easily be hit, but even if Deidara's birds got close, he could throw it upwards and avoid it all. People seem to be confused over the fact he can throw more than one, and also has differen't directions he can throw it.

Also, I personally think Deidara is pretty sick, among my top favs too, but Minato is clearly at an upper hand because he can teleport around like crazy. Not like he'd give Deidara time to make the giant clone anyways.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conquer The World

Quote Originally Posted by Jobrjo View Post
    I'd say the two are around the same level. But on 1 vs 1, I THINK Minato would still win. The time it takes for an explosion to fully explode is plenty enough for him to teleport to a safely placed kunai. And also, he could just teleport a larger explosion right beside Deidera, and blow him up.
    @bold: minato is on a WAY higher level than deidara, the reason why minato win high diff is because deidara has an advantage over minato, so minato has to win through the disadvantage which makes it harder but that doesnt mean their on the same level overall

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakengard View Post
    Well I assume he would summon a toad like Gamabunta against Deidara if altitude is the problem. Those things can jump pretty dang high ._.
    ya that right there might seal the deal plus plo no justu