Status
    Nov 2010
    GO BUY SOME SOUP!

Ummmm.... was not expecting any of that...

So 619 is out for those of you who are slow and didnt catch on already. And I'd like to broadcast my reactions and thoughts to it. I know there are many threads about this, and are going to be many more. I dont really ever make a pointless thread like this, but my reaction to the chapter was great enough where I feel like I have to rant about it.

First of all, Hashirama. Like just about everyone else here, I was SO unprepared for his persona. I mean, I guess I really shouldnt have been as shocked as I was, since it was our own fault for prematurely assuming Hashirama was this serious toned badass like Madara, but still, thats going pretty far from one extreme to the other. Im not really sure if I'll ever adjust to it, or at least wrap my head around the fact that he's supposed to be "the God of Shinobi". But Hashirama's reaction to Minato was pretty funny. I'll give him that.

Tobirama: now he's more or less what I envisioned Hashirama to be like. More of a hardcore persona, but not as much as Tobirama came off to be. Am I the only one who felt it was a bit odd that Tobirama was giving Hashirama commands? I know they are brothers and are both Hokage, but it all just felt out of place. Further more, I really hope Tobirama doesnt end up being a douche to the Uchiha (Sasuke) like Raikage was to the Jinchuriki. Cause thats kinda unfair as the generational gap and past history are unjustified in the current scenario. Even if Sasuke doesnt give 2 ****s about how he's treated.

The Uchiha: now, despite the unexpected turn of events as far as the Hokage go, I think my biggest gripe with this chapter and the way Kishi is putting the story at this point is how he went about explaining the Uchia and the Senju. "The power of love"? Really? That felt so out of place that it almost felt like it was fanfiction. I was totally on board for the idea that the Senju were the good natured love ones, and the Uchiha were the corrupt evil ones, as that would be classic good vs evil, Hashirama vs Madara, Naruto vs Sasuke. Not "Love vs hardcore Love". Thats kinda going to start to chip away at the series dignity for me if that kind of perspective escalates. Its one thing if that only becomes part of the backstory, and going as far as completely f*cking around with our preconception of the sharingan i can also live with, but if Sasuke or Madara for that matter pulls a 180 and/or is defeated in battle due to "the power of love" then it really will degrade the series. At least for me.

Status
    Jan 2013
    This user has no status.

Re: Ummmm.... was not expecting any of that...

You should wait until mangastream translates before you critique this power of love **** lol

Fanboys Worst Nightmare new sage of 6 paths's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2012
    I hate trolls

Power of love pfft.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Satire and Irony.

no actually, i like the entire idea of "love vs hardcore love" it reflects in our reality.

its as if someone who has great love and compassion for someone lost that love and so it burdens them and greatly wounds them.
    it's rather poetic and has relevance to our reality.

i suppose the story of naruto has evolved quite a lot. at first, it was about an unwanted child and a pestilence to the community and how these children are actually feeling.

so if we were to look at this and relate it to the author him self, I feel like he's just portraying how he felt as a child. that he felt like a nuisance and no one truly understands him.

the story then evolves to have more action and what not which makes it more fascinating and of course, at this point, to keep the readers interest, it's been packed with action and not as much back stories.

then now, were getting more clarity and showing how reasoning and love affects society.

the demographic of his anime are kids so i hardly doubt they'd see this far into it.