View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter!

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Star

2 5.71%
  • 2 Stars

0 0%
  • 3 Stars

0 0%
  • 4 Stars

4 11.43%
  • 5 Stars

29 82.86%
Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»
    Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I'm back but please
    refrain from showering me with
    VMS/PMS if you can...

Re: One Piece Manga Chapter 698 Discussion and 699 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    String String fruit.

Btw, wow, Smoker's getting beaten again. That's just unfortunate... I had high hopes for him and Tashigi. We need to see some lower ranked Marines acting like badasses, else the entire Marine force is just going to look like fodder. There has to be a reason why pirates flee at the sight of the marine battleships, and it can't just be because of the Admirals and a couple higher ups. Vice Admirals and Captains need to start putting a mark of some pirate crew of Luffy's caliber, else they just loose all my respect.
    Well, normal pirates before someone like smoker are fodder but doflamingo and luffy and the likes are hardly normal pirates. If you think about it, someone like Doflamingo is the level of an Admiral...perhaps above. Smoker is like... Nami-level LOL Joke joke.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌

Let's see, so many things we got out of this one chapter!

We got to know about Doflamingos decision to Law's terms and finally get confirmation on his devil fruit which is Strings, we got revealed to the mystery character that turned out as Aokiji.

The Strawhats and Law taking the unexpected route once again being Dressrosa as i'm sure(atleast i did) we dismissed the idea after last chapters mentioning of Green bit and hinting towards Wano country + Law's demands in exchange for Ceasar. There was also some small comedy by the Strawhats and Ceasar surprisingly.

We learned about another common thing in the seas of New World, the Sea Slope + Kinemon's reaction towards Kaido leaves something for future chapters.

So i call this a perfect chapter 5/5, it was an awesome chapter and had everything one could ask for.:D

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Visionwashere

Nice, clean chapter. I'd give it a 4.5/5 but i shall round that up to a 5.

Senior Member 7th Biggest OP Fan's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Easily a 5/5. I still want to believe it is the puppeteer fruit, and using his strings in just a form of devil fruit mastery.

I'ts amazing Oda didn't forget the mini merry on the other side of the island. It just shows hes amazing at not creating plot holes.
    Law's face when Luffy put his arm on him was priceless. It was like I want to kill him, but I can't.

Two things were introduced during the chapter. The "Great pirates territories", and bloodline elements. This makes me wonder how big Shanks territory is and how many people he has under his control. Also, wtf are bloodline elements.

The last page was epic. It's sad we have to wait 2 weeks now.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by cryhwks View Post
    Really great chapter Doflamingo having Conquers Haki is not that surprising but still cool to see him use it. & it seems like his DF works kind of the same as Law's does it's like he can manipulate everything in a certain radius.

& it seems to me that where getting the Alabasta Arc feel more & more. After Kin'emon & Momo reaction to hearing Kaido's name & the way the acted when getting food last week makes think that Kaido has taken over Wano Country & probably don't allow the Samurai to eat to keep there strength down.

& because Wano isn't affiliated with the WG they can't get help so this is where of course Luffy & the gang will come in. Kin'emon is the Vivi & Momo is the Carue.
    haha this and if luffy goes to the wano country(new arc ,after they finish with the dressora arc, maybe?) i think the big battle at the end of the wano country arc will be against powerful kaido forces..if kaido and luffy/law fight in the wano arc that would be a big let down since luffy isnt strong enough for kaido yet..it would just be a reincarnation of the Alabasta arc. i want the luffy and law alliance to fight kaido in the third arc coming with the combined forces of all the crew members which would make it more epic. :D

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fack Out The Way.

Great chapter like always!!

Aokiji: Hey bud, Mind getting off him? Because your about to get a whopping!!

Sigh...No chapter next week though.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Name's on the back!!!!
    MAZINO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    Well, normal pirates before someone like smoker are fodder but doflamingo and luffy and the likes are hardly normal pirates. If you think about it, someone like Doflamingo is the level of an Admiral...perhaps above. Smoker is like... Nami-level LOL Joke joke.
    nope..The admirals are in a league of their own.The only people who have the firepower to defeat them are the yonkous and you saw how scared Dofa was when he realized that Kaidou will come after him.
    And Smoker is powerful.The only reason he is getting beaten up is because he has the unfortunate luck of fighting incredibly strong opponents like DD.And we all know when he was fighting vergo his main aim was to recapture Law's hand

Status
    Feb 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a society that has
    destroyed all adventure, the
    only adventure left is to
    destroy society

Legendary chapter could be divided in 3 sections

First one was sadness because of Smoker, second was hilarious ''crew conversation'' third was shock! Aijoki

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌

Plot-hole: in chapter 691 when Ceasar merged with Shinokuni he petrified his own men wearing suits, now they're saying those suits protect them against shinokuni.

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeet.

Loved it, but the Haki, never heard of it... could someone lecture me?

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokey View Post
    watch episode 516 rayleigh will lecture u along with luffy xD

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌

Quote Originally Posted by Jokey View Post
    How do you read this far and not know about haki?

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    Still, he is hyping pirates but not the marines, apart from Admiral (which are only 3) and anything higher. Whereas all we see is pirates, and they're hyped up a bunch.
    actually at least 4 Admirals because Kuzan and Sakazuki are not Admirals and in the chapter before this chapter they said Admirals, so there is at least 1 new Admiral, would hope for Coby, but really doubt that
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand al'Thor View Post
    nope..The admirals are in a league of their own.The only people who have the firepower to defeat them are the yonkous and you saw how scared Dofa was when he realized that Kaidou will come after him.
    And Smoker is powerful.The only reason he is getting beaten up is because he has the unfortunate luck of fighting incredibly strong opponents like DD.And we all know when he was fighting vergo his main aim was to recapture Law's hand
    i have to disagree with you, personally i consider Doflamingo as the strongest or at least in TOP 3 Shichibukais AND, i too think that Doflamingo might be hiding his true powers. possible that he is equal in power with Yonkous

to this chapter, i think it wasn't really confirmed that Doflamingo has DF abilities, i mean, he was flying and now strings? hm,... i dunno if there isn't chance that if he does have DF ability, than that he uses wind currents as he was flying AND it would make sense that he can cut people thanks to wind

OR he might actually have 2 DFs like BB, but i must say that i think battle of Doflamingo and Kuzan won't be as one sided as many people think

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmph....

Doflamingo comes in like a boss and we learn that Donflamingo has Busoshoku Haki and Haoshoku Haki, Donflamingo use Busoshoku haki to cut Smoker with his strings and Doflamingo knock out the g5 marines with Haoshoku haki. Kinnemon and Momonosuke obviously know something about Kido. Kido ether had something to do with Kinnemons comrade or Kido had business with Wano Country. The ending was.... a mind blow Aokiji makes his first appearance in the manga and Donflamingo might ether fight Aokiji or try to flee to catch Law and Luffy.

From a structural stand point this chapter was over all Excellent, great action, new info, and the mind blow ending. I give this chapter a 5/5 awesome :y

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.

Quote Originally Posted by 7th Biggest OP Fan View Post
    Easily a 5/5. I still want to believe it is the puppeteer fruit, and using his strings in just a form of devil fruit mastery.

I'ts amazing Oda didn't forget the mini merry on the other side of the island. It just shows hes amazing at not creating plot holes.
    Law's face when Luffy put his arm on him was priceless. It was like I want to kill him, but I can't.

Two things were introduced during the chapter. The "Great pirates territories", and bloodline elements. This makes me wonder how big Shanks territory is and how many people he has under his control. Also, wtf are bloodline elements.

The last page was epic. It's sad we have to wait 2 weeks now.
    I think all that stuff about bloodlines is just again a very bad translation of Mangapanda and that, following the MS translation, just refers to the effect of eating a DF has on the consumers blood.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌

It is officially time for me to change my location.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Previewing One Piece Chapter 699 - Aokiji is back!

Previewing One Piece chapter 700

What's the connection between Kin'emon and Kaido? Will we see one of the new Admirals in the coming arc? Will we get any fight between Doflamingo and Aokiji or will it be skipped over?

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Previewing One Piece Chapter 699 - Aokiji is back!

Kuzan is hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

My guess is Kinemon and Kaido fought before, although that's a bad guess. But it explains his reaction at least.
    I don't think we'll see any new admirals in this arc.
    I want to see what Dressrosa is like.
    And I want a complete definition of Doflamingo's abilityyyyyyyyyy.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

kuzen gonna do work, and maybe we will see doflamingo's ability being specified

Nami-san you are kawaii <3 Uchiha Usman's Avatar
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    As another semester commences
    , I disappear once more into
    the sunset

Quote Originally Posted by MacMiller View Post
    Kuzan is hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

My guess is Kinemon and Kaido fought before, although that's a bad guess. But it explains his reaction at least.
    I don't think we'll see any new admirals in this arc.
    I want to see what Dressrosa is like.
    And I want a complete definition of Doflamingo's abilityyyyyyyyyy.
    Most plausible , i must agree with you

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Migualon J.J. View Post
    actually at least 4 Admirals because Kuzan and Sakazuki are not Admirals and in the chapter before this chapter they said Admirals, so there is at least 1 new Admiral, would hope for Coby, but really doubt that

i have to disagree with you, personally i consider Doflamingo as the strongest or at least in TOP 3 Shichibukais AND, i too think that Doflamingo might be hiding his true powers. possible that he is equal in power with Yonkous

to this chapter, i think it wasn't really confirmed that Doflamingo has DF abilities, i mean, he was flying and now strings? hm,... i dunno if there isn't chance that if he does have DF ability, than that he uses wind currents as he was flying AND it would make sense that he can cut people thanks to wind

OR he might actually have 2 DFs like BB, but i must say that i think battle of Doflamingo and Kuzan won't be as one sided as many people think
    It's not possible for doflamingo to be yonkou level because he was afraid hat if he doesn't get smile, Kaidou would destroy him.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    रोक सकता है
    तो रोक ले।

I think doflamingo can beat an admiral. He is strong and being admiral doesnt mean that they are the best. Even luffy get past through the 3 at the same time during the war. And DD was afraid of kaidou because he may have divisions just like whitebeard. A huge army can easily kill him. If its one on one maybe he can even beat shanks.