There was so much information in the last chapter and I've just read manga stream translation which makes life alot easier. What do you guys think?
So the way Tobirama explained the sharingan means that only those members of the uchiha clan will awaken it that have learned strong feelings like love and friendship and that have lost said feelings? Or did he more mean, every Uchiha awakens it, that knows love. I think it was more meant to be people who learned love and lost it will have the sharingan and turn evil.
He also said those people turn towards hatred and insanity and those who possess the sharingan thus can all be called 'evil' or a threat to the village in Tobirama's eyes.
That would also explain why not every single Uchiha has it. Plus it explains all the different levels of it. The bigger the sharingan, the stronger was the bond, the negative experience in that persons' life and the hatred.
So that means
1. Madara. He has the strongest sharingan, so strong it turned into the rinnegan (whyever, when rinnegan is the last level, how much love must he have feeled to make a perfect sharingan). It's said he loved his brother, but he took his eyes and Izuna died in a war. It's weird that the clan leader got the strongest eyes over losing his brother. He could have prevented it from happening. So I see a huge plot hole there. Maybe his hatred and eye power grew when his clan left him behind? Seriously, that story of Tobirama didn't make that much sense...so far.
2. Obito. Awakened the sharingan when he protected his friends. That means, he had strong feelings but at that point, has not lost anyone yet. So why did he awaken the sharingan? Plot hole or weird explanation from Tobirama.
3. Kakashi. He got it from Obito and made it stronger. How, by losing people he loved? Like Rin who he killed himself? Does that count as killing your best friend? Is that how it got stronger? No way that makes sense.
4. Itachi. Had one of the strongest and awakened it early. Who did he lose? How did his get bigger?
5. Sasuke. Awakened it when he protected Naruto. Got it stronger after killing Oro and getting Itachi's eyes. His hatred indeed grew with the powerups of his eyes. That's at least true.
Before this chapter, we all thought normal sharingan gets awakened somehow, normally in a fight. MS gets awakened when the person kills their best friend or gets their eyes. EMS gets awakened when the person kills their brother or gets their eyes. Rinnegan=last level.
Now we get new explanations from Tobirama.
So the question is, does Tobirama make any sense at all with his explanation that sharingan gets awakened when an Uchiha loves and loses someone? What do you think? It was very confusing for me.