Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    waiting for the miracle to
    come...

sharingan questions

There was so much information in the last chapter and I've just read manga stream translation which makes life alot easier. What do you guys think?

So the way Tobirama explained the sharingan means that only those members of the uchiha clan will awaken it that have learned strong feelings like love and friendship and that have lost said feelings? Or did he more mean, every Uchiha awakens it, that knows love. I think it was more meant to be people who learned love and lost it will have the sharingan and turn evil.

He also said those people turn towards hatred and insanity and those who possess the sharingan thus can all be called 'evil' or a threat to the village in Tobirama's eyes.

That would also explain why not every single Uchiha has it. Plus it explains all the different levels of it. The bigger the sharingan, the stronger was the bond, the negative experience in that persons' life and the hatred.

So that means

1. Madara. He has the strongest sharingan, so strong it turned into the rinnegan (whyever, when rinnegan is the last level, how much love must he have feeled to make a perfect sharingan). It's said he loved his brother, but he took his eyes and Izuna died in a war. It's weird that the clan leader got the strongest eyes over losing his brother. He could have prevented it from happening. So I see a huge plot hole there. Maybe his hatred and eye power grew when his clan left him behind? Seriously, that story of Tobirama didn't make that much sense...so far.

2. Obito. Awakened the sharingan when he protected his friends. That means, he had strong feelings but at that point, has not lost anyone yet. So why did he awaken the sharingan? Plot hole or weird explanation from Tobirama.

3. Kakashi. He got it from Obito and made it stronger. How, by losing people he loved? Like Rin who he killed himself? Does that count as killing your best friend? Is that how it got stronger? No way that makes sense.

4. Itachi. Had one of the strongest and awakened it early. Who did he lose? How did his get bigger?

5. Sasuke. Awakened it when he protected Naruto. Got it stronger after killing Oro and getting Itachi's eyes. His hatred indeed grew with the powerups of his eyes. That's at least true.

Before this chapter, we all thought normal sharingan gets awakened somehow, normally in a fight. MS gets awakened when the person kills their best friend or gets their eyes. EMS gets awakened when the person kills their brother or gets their eyes. Rinnegan=last level.

Now we get new explanations from Tobirama.

So the question is, does Tobirama make any sense at all with his explanation that sharingan gets awakened when an Uchiha loves and loses someone? What do you think? It was very confusing for me.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✿ La vita è bella ✿

Re: sharingan questions

My question after reading this chapter is, why would Madara take his own brother's eyes, if he loved him so much?
    I think Tobi/Obito lied about it...

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I thought Tobirama was talking about the mangekyou but then Sasuke showed his mangekyou and Tobirama was surprised so I don't know either. Maybe when the Uchiha's show true love: Sasuke protecting Naruto, Obito protecting Rin etc then the Uchiha unlock the base sharingan. When they lose there love the hatred develops the Mangekyou.

Last edited by Sentinelsgalore; 02-05-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Luke is my son?!!!!....I have
    a son !!!!

i haven't read the manga stream translation yet but this is what tobirama meant

- when an uchiha has a strong feeling of love,friendship,need to protect etc the good stuff they awaken the sharingan

- the down side if they lose the person/reason for having those strong feeling of love,friendship, etc it turns into hatred consuming them turning them into evil, rouge, uncontrollable, baddies ......their power increases as the pain of such loss/hatred increases i.e they get the MS ...

this is how i understand :shrug:

Madara -> strong feeling of brotherly love towards Izuna-> gets sharingan -> loses brother Izuna -> MS -> takes his eyes -> EMS
    (i know its said in the manga madara was already loosing eyesight before taking Izuna's eyes but who knows)

Last edited by Anakin Skywalker; 02-05-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by -Jiraiya- View Post
    My question after reading this chapter is, why would Madara take his own brother's eyes, if he loved him so much?
    I think Tobi/Obito lied about it...
    It's because his brother wanted him to protect the clan and sacrifice his eyes to Madara... for the clans' sake..

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    waiting for the miracle to
    come...

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Uchiha View Post
    i haven't read the manga stream translation yet but this is what tobirama meant

- when an uchiha has a strong feeling of love,friendship,need to protect etc the good stuff they awaken the sharingan

- the down side if they lose the person/reason for having those strong feeling of love,friendship, etc it turns into hatred consuming them turning them into evil, rouge, uncontrollable, baddies ......their power increases as the pain of such loss/hatred increases i.e they get the MS ...

this is how i understand :shrug:
    I think you are right.

I want to hear the truth about Izuna Uchiha. We probably never will.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Luke is my son?!!!!....I have
    a son !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kikki View Post
    I think you are right.

I want to hear the truth about Izuna Uchiha. We probably never will.
    me too
    i think Hashi will shed some light on the matter
    or
    we might even have a deep-talk from madara for a change

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

What he said was that negative emotion makes the eyes stronger. The happier the Uchiha the less ocular powers he will develop. The eyes gain more power with anger and hatred which is why they are cursed. The only way for them to get stronger eyes is to become evil.

Now as to Itachi this proves he was very angry and had negative emotions but he seemed to have just bottled it up tight so it wasnt easily seen. If you wondering where is hatred was pointed to ..... his clan.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can destroy the man but
    you can't destroy an idea.

This chapter just showed how strong Itachi and Shisui were, not only as shinobi but as human beings unlike that piece of sh*t Sasuke but lets see if he redeems himself otherwise talking to the Hokages is just a waste.