rocks can talk!

"watching some girls while waiting for my master "

Status
    Oct 2011
    #Status

Re: rocks can talk!

-Turns the ground below the girls into a thick swamp-

They'll be fine, now focus >_>

As this is your first training in the earth element I'd like you to explain to me everything you know about the earth element and while you're at it tell me against which elements it is weak or strong. Also use the following thread; http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=195074 and tell against which KGs it is weak or strong.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Boooooooo

Earth Release is one of the basic elemental nature transformation techniques and allow the user to manipulate the surrounding earth for offensive and defensive purposes or create it; be it dirt, mud, or rock.
    Earth Release techniques have the ability to change the strength and composition of the earth from being as hard as metal to as soft as clay.
    Earth is strong against water because earth naturally contains water or absorbs water to the point when it becomes muddy then dries up but weak against lightning because it can easily travel through and break the ground apart.
    Earth release is strong against Rain, and weak against Lava.

Status
    Oct 2011
    #Status

Well put, keep in mind that there are alot more KGs which are either strong or weak against earth.

Let's move on to the first technique;

Type: Attack/Defence
    Range: Short-Mid
    Chakra cost: 10
    Damage Points: 20
    Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth

This technique is commonly used in some battles for a specific purpose. I want you to focus your earth natured chakra and then channel it into the ground and mold it together with the pre-existing earth. then through manipulation form a small construction of earth, it can be nearly anything as long as it's shape is not too complicated.

I'd like you to list one advantage and one disadvantage of this technique, also tell me how you might use it in a battle.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Boooooooo

i start focusing my my chakra and gathering it, i channel it to the ground i and i create small shape pieces of earth. the advantage of this technique, is that it can be used for attack and defense, disadvantage of the jutsu, is the time, because i need some time to perform it.
    so i'd like to use it to attack and defend myself in battle.

Status
    Oct 2011
    #Status

I'd like to see a little more detail in the description please and it would barely take any time to actually perform it since it doesn't require any handseals.

Try again, the technique is commonly used to raise pillars from below your own feet in order to launch yourself in a desired direction so prepare to jump as as you're about to leave the ground cause pillars to shoot up against the soles of your feet to aid to your jump's momentum which then allows you to launch yourself to greater heights.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Boooooooo

"i start focusing my earth chakra, i put my hand in the ground then i manipulate chakra, ........ then i imagine in my mind pillars from the per-existing earth.
    3 pillars comes out from to the ground, the first one raises from bellow my left feet the second one from bellow the right feet, the last one comes from bellow my hand, (the one i putted in the ground), so pillars shoots me and i strongly jump in the air"
    so this jutsu is used to help me in sticky situations.

Status
    Oct 2011
    #Status

That's better, but for that technique you do not have to place your hand on the ground keep that in mind that only is required for certain techniques but I'll be pointing out when you have to do that.

Next up;

Type: Supplementary
    Range: Short
    Chakra Cost: 10
    Damage Points: N/A
    Description: The user, emerging from the ground below the target area, pulls down the opponent so that only their head is above ground. Unable to move, the opponent can easily be decapitated or tortured.

For this technique I want you to focus your earth chakra throughout your body and dig yourself into the ground, be sure to maintain your chakra as you might suffocate otherwise and dig yourself a way towards the ground below my clone -creates a clone-, then have only your hands emerge from the ground which then are used to grab onto the ankles of my clone and pull him down into the ground until only his head remains visible form the surface. From there torture him a bit~

State an advantage/disadvantage for this technique and a way you might use it in an actual fight.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Boooooooo

alright
    "i start gathering my earth chakra, and focusing it in my whole body, then i disapear in the ground. after a while my hand appears catching the clone, then i pull him underground, and i get out.
    so i start kicking the clone's head "
    the advantage of this jutsu is that i can do 2 other moves and i might win the battle with this jutsu.
    the disadvantage of this jutsu is that i might suffocate if i din't control my chakra, or if i stayed underground for too long.

Status
    Oct 2011
    #Status

Keep in mind that if the opponent knows that you're underground you will be very vulnerable, for example if your opponent uses swamp of the underworld while you're underground you can say bye-bye o-o so I advise you to never try going underground if the opponent sees you or if he might be able to figure out you're underground in any way.

Next up;

Type: Supplementary/Offense
    Description: This technique allows the user to take a small chunk of rock and turn it into the shape of a staff. The user can then use it as a melee weapon or throw it with pinpoint accuracy at their opponent. A variation of this technique allows the user to create several staffs and launch them at the target, but with less accuracy.

For this technique pick up a small chunk of rock and channel your earth chakra into the rock, then through manipulation soften the rock and allow it to become thinner yet longer, forming a blunt staff and then harden it once it's fully formed. You can then use the staff to engage close combat or throw it towards a target with pinpoint accuracy, this time I want you to throw it towards my clone and hit him straight on the nose.

State 1 advantage and 1 disadvantage if you were to use this technique.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Boooooooo

"i take a chunk of rock with my hands, so gather my earth release chakra, and focus it in my hand, then i pass the chakra to the chunk of rock, while imagining it like shape of staff, after a that, the chakra manipulation makes the chunk become just like a spear or a lance,
    this is an example:

Status
    Oct 2011
    #Status

Advantage/disadvantage?

Status
    Sep 2012
    Boooooooo

Oh, i forgot about that :ghehe:
    Advantage:
    the ability to use it as a weapon when the enemy is already using one, like a sword or something like that.
    Disadvantage:
    the enemy can break it if he has lightning style.

Status
    Oct 2011
    #Status

There are more ways to break it and you can't really use it if you don't have a chunk of rock <-- disadvantage o-o

Anyway, moving on;

Type: Offensive
    Range: Short – Mid
    Damage points: 20
    Description: The user will concentrate their chakra into their arm and then release their chakra creating a ring of rocks that are then flung at the opponent.

Okay, for this technique you'll be creating rocks out of thin air. Hold out one of your arms and concentrate your earth natured chakra throughout it and as you release the chakra focus on the materialization of rocks by concentrating on it's properties. Create a ring of several rocks and fling them towards the clone.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Boooooooo

"i am standing still in my place , taking a breath.... and now i start focusing and gathering chakra throughout my right arm..... ok i think i gathered the chakra needed, concentration.... now my arm is full, i'll just focus my earth release chakra, and create an image in my mind..... ok... while focusing on the earth's properties, i release the chacra in form of a ring of of several rocks, flinging them towards the clone, what makes it disappear"

Status
    Oct 2011
    #Status

Good :zonder: now, we're done with the D-Ranks and now I want you to create a move using atleast one of the D-Ranks you have just learned, post three jutsus like you would in any regular fight and try to make an effective move to kill my clone -creates a clone- be sure to add a detailed description of your move, that's a key factor in any fight.

Think carefully as I won't allow a completely half-assed move

Status
    Sep 2012
    Boooooooo

ok,

first of all, i damage the ground of your clone using a ring of rocks, so i can use to dust to my advantage, and the clone won't be able to see me.

so i move fast and use a jutsu to pull him underground, and only his face stays on the surface.
    i take a chunk of rock and use my earth technique to make it become a spear. then i stab the clone to the eye.

Type: Offensive
    Range: Short – Mid
    Damage points: 20
    Description: The user will concentrate their chakra into their arm and then release their chakra creating a ring of rocks that are then flung at the opponent.

Damage Points: N/A
    Description: The user, emerging from the ground below the target area, pulls down the opponent so that only their head is above ground. Unable to move, the opponent can easily be decapitated or tortured.

Type: Supplementary/Offense
    Description: This technique allows the user to take a small chunk of rock and turn it into the shape of a staff. The user can then use it as a melee weapon or throw it with pinpoint accuracy at their opponent. A variation of this technique allows the user to create several staffs and launch them at the target, but with less accuracy.

Status
    Oct 2011
    #Status

first of all, i damage the ground of your clone using a ring of rocks, so i can use to dust to my advantage, and the clone won't be able to see me.
    Alright, keep in mind that several rocks are formed around your arm so they aren't really big or anything and wouldn't raise up enough dust to effectively blind your opponent.

so i move fast and use a jutsu to pull him underground, and only his face stays on the surface.
    This needs more detail, you didn't explain that you travelled underground and since the dust you created isn't big enough the opponent would easily realize you've went underground. In other words, this part of your move is suicidal.

i take a chunk of rock and use my earth technique to make it become a spear. then i stab the clone to the eye.
    This would work I guess, if your other two techniques worked which they didn't.

Anyhow, let's move on to the C-Ranks~

Type: Offense
    Range: Mid/Long
    Chakra Cost: 15
    Damage Points: 30
    Description: After performing the Rat hand seal, the user to control multiple sections of rock and move them around their opponent. The user then forms two gigantic sections that crush the opponent.

Focus your earth natured chakra and channel it into the ground, towards the ground below my clone -creates a clone-. Then as you mold the chakra form the 'Rat' handseal and raise several sections of rock around the clone which then merge together until there are two solid sections of rock left which converge into eachother crushing my clone.

List atleast one advantage/disadvantage and tell me how you would use it in an actual fight.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Boooooooo

"i gather and focus my earth chakra into the ground, then i perform the rat hand seal, then several of rocks start moving towered your clone, until he finds himself between 2 rocks, i clap my hands and he gets smashed by the rocks"
    advantage: this is deadly jutsu and it's too hard to defend yourself against it.
    disadvantage: defending yourself against it is difficult, but dodging it is quit easy.

Status
    Oct 2011
    #Status

Keep in mind that the technique gives the opponent time to react and some lightning techniques are able to counter it, aswell as a B-Rank earth technique which you'll learn later on. Also, never simply dodge if that's what you're implying with the disadvantage, if you want to try to dodge a technique do that with a technique of your own.

Anyway, let's move on;

Range: Long
    Chakra cost: 15
    Damage points: N/A
    Description: The user changes earth into fine sand by channeling chakra into it, allowing the user to dig through it like a mole. While underground one can sense what is happening on the surface and use the information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. Once can also hide deep in the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy cant reach. It also appears that after digging, the ground can be returned to its original state, leaving no trace of where the user entered the earth.

Gather earth chakra throughout your body and keep it concentrated and at the same time channel earth chakra into the ground below you. Turn the ground into fine sand which allows you to submerge into it and travel through the ground, while travelling you're able to sense what is happening on the surface. Return the hole you have created when submerging back into a state which makes it seem as though nobody went underground while you're travelling. This technique can be useful is used succesfully but can also be very tricky if you use it without thinking.

List atleast one advantage/disadvantage and tell me how you would use it in an actual fight.

Last edited by Tybone; 01-01-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last»