Page 2 of 9 « First 123456 ... Last»
Results 26 to 50 of 221
  1. #26
    Horus's Avatar
    Status
    Horus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,888
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Horus needs a break!
     



    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    In the earlier episodes of the manga, there was no picture of Tsunade with her grandfather, it was in the anime, but i always knew she knew him, because he gave her the necklace. But this Chapter makes their relationship clear
     
         

  2. #27
    黄俊 Huang's Avatar
    Status
    Huang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,078
    Location
    The Netherlands
    I read comicbooks for a
    living,.. Just sayin'.
     

    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiStyle View Post
    So it never happened in other words.

    She inherited the necklace from him, but it never before said they met... this creates an annoying timeline anomoly.
    No, in other words, you're ignorant. Read the arc, and stop asking stupid questions everybody already knows the awnser to..

    If you think I'm just gonna pull a chapter- and page number out of my ass, you're gonna be sadly dissapointed.
     
         
    Last edited by Huang; 02-06-2013 at 12:02 AM.

  3. #28
    Senior Member
    Status
    ItachiStyle is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    983
    The databooks are trash
     

    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    In other words it never happened in the manga, and since the anime is not cannon, this represents an effective timeline error/rewrite.
     
         

  4. #29
    黄俊 Huang's Avatar
    Status
    Huang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,078
    Location
    The Netherlands
    I read comicbooks for a
    living,.. Just sayin'.
     

    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiStyle View Post
    In other words it never happened in the manga, and since the anime is not cannon, this represents an effective timeline error/rewrite.
    Actually, I'm talking about the manga... you know, that thing you never read?
     
         

  5. #30
    Senior Member
    Status
    ItachiStyle is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    983
    The databooks are trash
     

    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    Show me the page number. I don't remember any scan of Hashi and Tsunade together.
     
         

  6. #31
    Banned
    Status
    Lady Luck is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    287
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    Tsunade is like 55
     
         

  7. #32
    ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻ Kirin Rei's Avatar
    Status
    Kirin Rei is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,491
    Location
    Kitchen
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiStyle View Post
    Tobirama was Hokage for years after his brother (and remember, Saru was still a boy when the 1st was around), and when Saru takes on the Gennin Sannin (who graduated from academy at age 6) he is an adult with a goatee. It doesn't fit the timeline.
    What doesn't fit?
    Hiruzen could very well be in his teens when Hashi passed and Tobirama became the next Hokage.
    How do we know how long Tobirama stayed as Hokage? The lenght of his service has never been mentioned.

    It's a tight fit, I'll give you that. But there's no problem with the timeline. :shrug:
     
         

  8. #33
    Senior Member TurrinB's Avatar
    Status
    TurrinB is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,343
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    He already ruined that a long time ago.
     
         

  9. #34
    Member Sarahmint's Avatar
    Status
    Sarahmint is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    438
    Location
    the New World :D
    Team Sasuke
     

    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    Nothing killed chronology more then chapter 599
     
         

  10. #35
    Senior Member
    Status
    ItachiStyle is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    983
    The databooks are trash
     

    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    Hashirama didn't recognise Saru, and the last we saw of them together Saru was still a kid.

    Tobirama was Hokage long enough to get his face carved on the mountain, set up the police force (and have a prison and police station built), lead his country to war, travel to the cloud to sign a peace agreement, recover from his injuries, return to Konoha, continue training Saru, and appoint Saru Hokage when he looks to be (at least) slightly older than Naruto is now (late teens probably). Saru then goes from being a teen, to being an adult with a goatee (looking significantly older), and has since had his (bearded face) carved onto the mountain. This Saru trains Tsunade from age 6 as far as we know (since that's when the Sannin graduated from the academy). It's more than a tight fit... Tsunade looks at least 3-4 in that image of Hashi remembering her... it's impossible to fit all that stuff in that timeline.
     
         

  11. #36
    Sennin 6PathsofKami's Avatar
    Status
    6PathsofKami is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,436
    Location
    Amegakure
    You can destroy the man but
    you can't destroy an idea.
     

    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    Quote Originally Posted by ministerC4 View Post
    Hey the first did give her a gift of a necklace
    This, and you do remember that shes just using a jutsu to look young right?
     
         

  12. #37
    Kaika Saisei 開花再生 Chatte's Avatar
    Status
    Chatte is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,387
    Location
    Here and there.
    Nothing much.
     



    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiStyle View Post
    Hashirama didn't recognise Saru, and the last we saw of them together Saru was still a kid.

    Tobirama was Hokage long enough to get his face carved on the mountain, set up the police force (and have a prison and police station built), lead his country to war, travel to the cloud to sign a peace agreement, recover from his injuries, return to Konoha, continue training Saru, and appoint Saru Hokage when he looks to be (at least) slightly older than Naruto is now (late teens probably). Saru then goes from being a teen, to being an adult with a goatee (looking significantly older), and has since had his (bearded face) carved onto the mountain. This Saru trains Tsunade from age 6 as far as we know (since that's when the Sannin graduated from the academy). It's more than a tight fit... Tsunade looks at least 3-4 in that image of Hashi remembering her... it's impossible to fit all that stuff in that timeline.
    Hashirama didn't recognize the 4th, not Sarutobi.
    And trust me, all those could be in a year in Narutoverse.
    Don't give it much of a thought since it took kishi about 50+ chapters to describe a day.
    Tsunade was like 2-3 in that picture.
     
         

  13. #38
    Senior Member
    Status
    ItachiStyle is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    983
    The databooks are trash
     

    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    I'm pretty sure Tsunade wasn't hiding her age when she was a kid.

    And no, they never met (before now) in the manga, despite people claiming they did. That's anime rubbish probably.
     
         

  14. #39
    Member madnumber24's Avatar
    Status
    madnumber24 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    87
    Location
    Milwaukee
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    ah ItachiStyle, still never bowing out when wrong I see lol. oh well you guys might as well give it up, he will argue u to death lol
     
         

  15. #40
    Senior Member
    Status
    ItachiStyle is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    983
    The databooks are trash
     

    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    I'm wrong? Interesting... see peope said "I must not read the manga", but when called upon to provide the page number (thus proving me wrong, and covering themselves in glory), nobody has stepped forward. Should I be expecting an apology or retraction soon? I won't hold my breath.
     
         
    Last edited by ItachiStyle; 02-06-2013 at 05:17 AM.

  16. #41
    Lost Artist veggetta13's Avatar
    Status
    veggetta13 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,580
    Location
    Tenochtitlan
    "shapeless, formless, be
    water my friend."
     

    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiStyle View Post
    So it never happened in other words.

    She inherited the necklace from him, but it never before said they met... this creates an annoying timeline anomoly.

    Every once in a while there´s a thread in which you realize how many of the constant practicers of thread-spamming truly know about a manga (you are supposed to retorically think:-hell yeah!, if not incarnating one of the mentioned).
     
         

  17. #42
    Senior Member
    Status
    ItachiStyle is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    983
    The databooks are trash
     

    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    Quote me the page where Tsunade is said to have met Hashirama before now.
     
         

  18. #43
    Eminem Lightning Release's Avatar
    Status
    Lightning Release is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,290
    Location
    Temple of Time
    Hi! My name is...
     

    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    Failed thread lololol.
     
         

  19. #44
    Lost Artist veggetta13's Avatar
    Status
    veggetta13 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,580
    Location
    Tenochtitlan
    "shapeless, formless, be
    water my friend."
     

    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiStyle View Post
    Quote me the page where Tsunade is said to have met Hashirama before now.
    very well, you quote, just the same, the chapter and page on which Jiraiya and Itachi meet.

    Do you agree?




    In this one, you see she relates herself to the 1st Hokage, Hashirama.



    I hope you are aware that Kishi does supervise the anime, he speaks the sorts of yes´s and no´s needed to run a show
     
         

  20. #45
    Member Sussanoo's Avatar
    Status
    Sussanoo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    201
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    Tsunade was like, 4, when Hashirama died.
     
         

  21. #46
    Senior Member
    Status
    ItachiStyle is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    983
    The databooks are trash
     

    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    The fact that she knows of them does not mean she knew them personally... Itachi knows of Madara and the times he lived in, and tells us all about it, but it didn't mean he personally knew them. That scan is proof of nothing.

    What we have here is a massive timeline f#@$ up by Kishi... there's no way to fit all the stuff in the current timeline now.
     
         

  22. #47
    Senior Member
    Status
    ItachiStyle is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    983
    The databooks are trash
     

    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    And while they talk to Kishi a little about the anime, they also do lots of stuff that contradicts other things he puts in the Manga, so the idea he's appoving all the filler is silly. For instance, almost as soon as they did the scene involving the Valley of the End fight, Kishi introduced a "Wood Dragon" that flatly contradicts the anime scene. And there are many, many similar examples. Bottom line, this is a timeline screw up.
     
         

  23. #48
    IKSOKRIPS = X-O-Creeps IKSOKRIPS's Avatar
    Status
    IKSOKRIPS is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    9,417
    Location
    Macedonia
    Need help with the Timeline of
    Naruto? I'm the man you need!
     

    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    Quote Originally Posted by BMN View Post
    She was a very little girl, much younger than genin. That leaves an extra half-dozen years
    Quote Originally Posted by ItzShowtime View Post
    it has shown flash backs of her and the 1st talking when she was a kid in the first part of the manga.
    Quote Originally Posted by godzillard View Post
    it has already shown tsunade with hashirama in pictures before..
    but i see your obvious point..
    maybe she was born with that jutsu to make her look younger
    and used it in those pictures,lol
    but yeah it is disturbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangekyo Muslim View Post
    Naw, when Tsunade first appeared it was shown that HASHIRAMA KNEW TSUNADE THEre was a panel showing them together
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee Beyonder View Post
    Your slow kid they showed flash backs of her in the 1st in part 1 Naruto get your facts up b4 u try and call Kishi out
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    Exactly. People are always trying to catch Kishi slipping LOL! Yet they always fail, as you have.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTO View Post
    In the earlier episodes of the manga, there was no picture of Tsunade with her grandfather, it was in the anime, but i always knew she knew him, because he gave her the necklace. But this Chapter makes their relationship clear
    One tincy-wincy little thing. . . . . . THAT WAS ONLY IN THE ANIME. . . . . . :y

    OT: Check out my Timeline in my Sig.
     
         

  24. #49
    Senior Member
    Status
    ItachiStyle is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    983
    The databooks are trash
     

    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    As he says... it was Anime only... otherwise we're still left with a gaping timeline problem.

    Remember, Saru was a kid when Hashirama died. He was a teen when Tobirama died. He was an adult with a full on goatee when Tsunade was a genin under him (and she graduated from the Academy at age 6), who had been Hokage long enough to have his Goatee'd face carved into the Mountain. There's literally no way to make her age fit the previous timeline.

    Let's charitably assume Tsunade was 3 at the time Hashi died. Then let's assume Tobirama was Hokage only 3 years (enough time to do the stuff he did in theory I suppose). That still leaves Hiruzen a teenager who has to grow some years to become a man, and Tsunade already having graduated to Genin. It just doesn't fit.
     
         

  25. #50
    IKSOKRIPS = X-O-Creeps IKSOKRIPS's Avatar
    Status
    IKSOKRIPS is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    9,417
    Location
    Macedonia
    Need help with the Timeline of
    Naruto? I'm the man you need!
     

    Re: Kishi ruining the chronology on a whim

    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiStyle View Post
    As he says... it was Anime only... otherwise we're still left with a gaping timeline problem.

    Remember, Saru was a kid when Hashirama died. He was a teen when Tobirama died. He was an adult with a full on goatee when Tsunade was a genin under him (and she graduated from the Academy at age 6), who had been Hokage long enough to have his Goatee'd face carved into the Mountain. There's literally no way to make her age fit the previous timeline.

    Let's charitably assume Tsunade was 3 at the time Hashi died. Then let's assume Tobirama was Hokage only 3 years (enough time to do the stuff he did in theory I suppose). That still leaves Hiruzen a teenager who has to grow some years to become a man, and Tsunade already having graduated to Genin. It just doesn't fit.
    Hiruzen and the Sannin's ages are known, the only problem for me is Hashirama's death. :shrug:
     
         

Page 2 of 9 « First 123456 ... Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •