Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»
Results 26 to 50 of 75
  1. #26
    Senior Member VariaBossX's Avatar
    Status
    VariaBossX is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12,045
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Underestimated Joker

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Yubel~ View Post
    You don't know what you're talking about.
    I know Smoker lost to Vergo but he was making himself vulnerable to give Law an opportunity to get his heart back and beside, all it took was one kick from Vergo to fracture Sanjis leg. Luffy might be stronger than Vergo because of the Gears but Law would beat Luffy, don't try argue it. Also, Smoker is only at this time a bit weaker than Luffy since he can touch him now via haki but don't assume it would be any different with Doflamingo taking on the Strawhats, he'd slice and dice them with his strings.


    probably one of the dumbest post i've seen, 'm not gonna dignify your reply
    because i already provided manga facts to people like your fanboyism. Next dont reply
    until proven wrong without stupid speculations.
     
         

  2. #27
    Legend ~Yubel~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Yubel~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    7,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌
     



    Re: Underestimated Joker

    Quote Originally Posted by VariaBossX View Post
    that's like saying WB still would of been stapped by squardo if he came charging at him.
    yonkou top crewmates are admiral level. (marco, ace, jozu), the OG members are stronger
    than a schikibukai, doflamingo's level is below admiral level and law confirmed that if he revoke his title, he will get
    in trouble with the admirals. Don't mind smoker, he's **** now after crocodile *****ed his ass out in alabasta country.
    What you fail to understand is that the results would've been the same if Luffy or Law were in Smokers position.
     
         

  3. #28
    Legend ~Yubel~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Yubel~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    7,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌
     



    Re: Underestimated Joker

    Doflamingo is admiral level, you'll see when he fights Aokiji..
     
         

  4. #29
    Senior Member jonsnow1991's Avatar
    Status
    jonsnow1991 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lillehammer
    Posts
    2,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...
     

    Re: Underestimated Joker

    Seriously? Didn't know so many people thought Luffy was this weak after the timeskip. He hasn't even gone all out yet. None of the Straw Hats have
     
         

  5. #30
    One King One Legend
    Status
    ArabianLuffy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Simply Being President
     

    Re: Underestimated Joker

    Doflamingo reminds me of Rei. They both resimble in their abilities and it's quite lethal.



     
         

  6. #31
    Senior Member jonsnow1991's Avatar
    Status
    jonsnow1991 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lillehammer
    Posts
    2,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...
     

    Re: Underestimated Joker

    Quote Originally Posted by Simple Math View Post
    nobody said he was weak.
    Not quite, but he's highly underestimated, imo
     
         

  7. #32
    Zoros brother Itachi Minato's Avatar
    Status
    Itachi Minato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Planet Vegeta
    Posts
    1,665
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Underestimated Joker

    Quote Originally Posted by jonsnow1991 View Post
    Not quite, but he's highly underestimated, imo
    The truth is we (or I at least) dont want him to be that strong since OP is just halfway through. It would be kinda dead if he could already beat a VA
     
         

  8. #33
    Senior Member jonsnow1991's Avatar
    Status
    jonsnow1991 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lillehammer
    Posts
    2,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...
     

    Re: Underestimated Joker

    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi Minato View Post
    The truth is we (or I at least) dont want him to be that strong since OP is just halfway through. It would be kinda dead if he could already beat a VA
    Yeah, I can understand that. It's crazy how much there's left. But if he fights DD 1-on-1, he's going to win. It will have a little to do with plot. DD will just straight up kill him. He won't luck out and have water fall on him, like in the fight with Crocodile.

    I'm not putting him at admiral level or anything like that. DD is lower than that, and so is Luffy.
     
         

  9. #34
    Senior Member jonsnow1991's Avatar
    Status
    jonsnow1991 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lillehammer
    Posts
    2,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...
     

    Re: Underestimated Joker

    Quote Originally Posted by Simple Math View Post
    I guess you could say that to all characters. Luffy is where he needs to be, consider OP only is half thru the story, and the new world just began. in fact, it's hard to underestimate Luffy in the new world, when most of them can wipe the floor with him anytime. I'm refering to such people as admirals - yonku's - DF monsters etc.
    How much do you think there's left? When it comes to his strength, of course he will get stronger, but I think right now, it's time for him to start taking over, instead of still just becoming stronger. For him to become Pirate King, he has to defeat all the top dogs. He's obviously not quite there yet, but I think DD would be a good stepping stone.
     
         

  10. #35
    Legend ~Yubel~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Yubel~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    7,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌
     



    Re: Underestimated Joker

    It's obvious Luffy is a little above vice-admiral at best because he lost to Ceasar in their first fight and had some struggle in this arc so he's definitely not there yet.
     
         

  11. #36
    Senior Member jonsnow1991's Avatar
    Status
    jonsnow1991 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lillehammer
    Posts
    2,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...
     

    Re: Underestimated Joker

    Quote Originally Posted by Simple Math View Post
    he might get a powerup arc after arc, since I doubt there will be another timeskip. as I said, Oda is only half thru the series so it should be another 10 years. possible more, or less. there's still a good chance of him becoming pirate king.

    however as we speak of this current point, the new world is something Luffy has been training 2 years for, just to survive in. the fact "survive" even made me wonder how strong the enemies will be.
    10 years i too much... I have to wait TEN years to find out everything that will happen!? It's not a bad thing, but I'm just not very patient. Makes sense though. There's so much to do. I've only read the Punk Hazard arc, so can you tell me approximately how long an arc is? Obviously, in the anime they slow it down so they don't catch up to the manga, which means less fillers, but some of the arcs goes on for like 50 episodes
     
         

  12. #37
    Ravager of Planets Lt Fresh's Avatar
    Status
    Lt Fresh is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Some Where
    Posts
    2,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sit back and just breathe
     

    Re: Underestimated Joker

    Quote Originally Posted by VariaBossX View Post
    Are we reading the same thing? Vergo seems to be a very profiecent armor haki user, he doen't have conquers haki which putt you above the rest. Luffy>vergo in terms of haki. The fact that you said it takes a couple of sec for luffy to use 2nd gear which is enough time for law to make room? No it doesn't he has never done room under 30sec let alone 2? You shouldn't speculate these things Law knows he can't take on Luffy and Eustress. He mastered, yes emphasis on master haki with the first mate of gol rogers. Law is strong but there is no one in hell who was able to keep up with vice admiral speed in pre timeskip gonna lose to some how is so vulnerable outside the circle, it's not possible.

    Luffy's Emperors Haki would be useless against Vergo, Vergo can resist it. We saw Marco and Jozu resist Shanks' Emperors Haki, So I'm guessing Vergo can resist Luffy's.
    -Emperors Haki doesn't really put you above the rest, if you can resist it you can survive. Which many people have done. Law also resisted Haki from Silver.

    I'm only looking at the body Haki, which would determine this fight. Vergo's Body Haki is way better than Luffy's.

    All Law has to do is say Room and its there. When He was fighting Vergo he put one up in 2 secs and retrived his heart for a sec.
    -Your also forgetting Law's other powers


    I'm not saying Law is above Luffy in everyway, there is somethings Luffy can do that Law can't and vice-versa.
    -But I am saying if Law was to fight Luffy, Law has a higher chance of winning
     
         

  13. #38
    Legend ~Yubel~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Yubel~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    7,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌
     



    Re: Underestimated Joker

    Quote Originally Posted by Simple Math View Post
    he might get a powerup arc after arc, since I doubt there will be another timeskip. as I said, Oda is only half thru the series so it should be another 10 years. possible more, or less. there's still a good chance of him becoming pirate king.

    however as we speak of this current point, the new world is something Luffy has been training 2 years for, just to survive in. the fact "survive" even made me wonder how strong the enemies will be.
    The supernovas have survived in the new world and they didn't need two years training, infact they all improved as much as Luffy has and they didn't get taught by Rayleigh.
     
         

  14. #39
    Senior Member VariaBossX's Avatar
    Status
    VariaBossX is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12,045
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Underestimated Joker

    Quote Originally Posted by Simple Math View Post
    doesn't change the fact that he moved his fingers and Jozu was stopped. I'm not Saying Joker is admiral level or anything, but this is exactly what happened in the manga.
    true, i really do sympathize for you because it can be used as an actual feat. Just that when you look outside the box for a bit and you'll see what i mean. He indeed is very powerful, in fact if there was a narutoXonpiece crossover, he would solo the narutoverse. Just that i personally believe that he is on par with crocodile. Before people say, "oh he lost to luffy," it was all part of Oda's plan to reach luffy to shichibkuai status. Gekko fought luffy and lost in one battle, while crocodile foght luffy 3 times and won 2/3 against luffy. Basically what i'm implying is that, they might to do the same thing against doflamingo
     
         

  15. #40
    Senior Member VariaBossX's Avatar
    Status
    VariaBossX is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12,045
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Underestimated Joker

    Quote Originally Posted by Lt Fresh View Post
    Luffy's Emperors Haki would be useless against Vergo, Vergo can resist it. We saw Marco and Jozu resist Shanks' Emperors Haki, So I'm guessing Vergo can resist Luffy's.
    -Emperors Haki doesn't really put you above the rest, if you can resist it you can survive. Which many people have done. Law also resisted Haki from Silver.

    I'm only looking at the body Haki, which would determine this fight. Vergo's Body Haki is way better than Luffy's.

    All Law has to do is say Room and its there. When He was fighting Vergo he put one up in 2 secs and retrived his heart for a sec.
    -Your also forgetting Law's other powers


    I'm not saying Law is above Luffy in everyway, there is somethings Luffy can do that Law can't and vice-versa.
    -But I am saying if Law was to fight Luffy, Law has a higher chance of winning
    Your speculating though, the fact that luffy trained with the best haki users alive doesn't mean anything to you?
    luffy is yet to display full power. Also to end this law business, law worked for a warlord right? Luffy spent his whole life beating up pirates and two warlords pre timeskip. Now all of a suddent law is stronger because he showed something for ones? Luffy trained for 2yrs, while Law was planning his new world scheme for 2yrs, please tell me how law could do anything when he sucks at close combat?
     
         

  16. #41
    Ravager of Planets Lt Fresh's Avatar
    Status
    Lt Fresh is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Some Where
    Posts
    2,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sit back and just breathe
     

    Re: Underestimated Joker

    Quote Originally Posted by VariaBossX View Post
    Your speculating though, the fact that luffy trained with the best haki users alive doesn't mean anything to you?
    luffy is yet to display full power. Also to end this law business, law worked for a warlord right? Luffy spent his whole life beating up pirates and two warlords pre timeskip. Now all of a suddent law is stronger because he showed something for ones? Luffy trained for 2yrs, while Law was planning his new world scheme for 2yrs, please tell me how law could do anything when he sucks at close combat?
    Luffy mostly changed himself for those 2 yrs. Silver trained him for like 6 months. Luffy has only shown the ability to use Ada Haki on small parts of his body and not even the fully over his body.
    -I feel Law has had more experience in 2yrs than Luffy. Training is one thing but as a Warlord you're hunting other pirates and fighting them.

    I feel the fight wouldn't get to close combat. And if he does, he is a master swordsmen(maybe not as good as Zoro) but he is still is a swordsman.
    -Law could keep this battle at bay)
    -Law can out smart Luffy
     
         

  17. #42
    Sydney's Halo Grim's Avatar
    Status
    Grim is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,403
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a society that has
    destroyed all adventure, the
    only adventure left is to
    destroy society
     



    Re: Underestimated Joker

    Joker underestimated? when, where, who ? It's obvious that he will be pain in the ass and not a small one, after all he's the boss of this arc :3
     
         

  18. #43
    Ravager of Planets Lt Fresh's Avatar
    Status
    Lt Fresh is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Some Where
    Posts
    2,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sit back and just breathe
     

    Re: Underestimated Joker

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Joker underestimated? when, where, who ? It's obvious that he will be pain in the ass and not a small one, after all he's the boss of this arc :3
    I meant that I underestimated his strength. Before he showed his power I thought that maybe, Smoker, Luffy, Law, Zoro and Sanji could beat him mid-diff but I was proven wrong
     
         

  19. #44
    Sydney's Halo Grim's Avatar
    Status
    Grim is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,403
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a society that has
    destroyed all adventure, the
    only adventure left is to
    destroy society
     



    Re: Underestimated Joker

    Quote Originally Posted by Lt Fresh View Post
    I meant that I underestimated his strength. Before he showed his power I thought that maybe, Smoker, Luffy, Law, Zoro and Sanji could beat him mid-diff but I was proven wrong
    why did you think that? There wasn't a moment when he showed any weakness. But yea... Haki was quite a hoax :D
     
         

  20. #45
    Anduril's Avatar
    Status
    Anduril is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,592
    Post Thanks / Like
    Burp...
     



    Re: Underestimated Joker

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Yubel~ View Post
    It's obvious Luffy is a little above vice-admiral at best because he lost to Ceasar in their first fight and had some struggle in this arc so he's definitely not there yet.
    Currently Luffy is the strongest supernova out there. He lost to ceasar the first time cause he has little brains while ceasar is a scientist >_>

    And you call sending your opponent flying in one hit, struggle?? dafuq??
     
         

  21. #46
    Senior Member VariaBossX's Avatar
    Status
    VariaBossX is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12,045
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Underestimated Joker

    Quote Originally Posted by Lt Fresh View Post
    Luffy mostly changed himself for those 2 yrs. Silver trained him for like 6 months. Luffy has only shown the ability to use Ada Haki on small parts of his body and not even the fully over his body.
    -I feel Law has had more experience in 2yrs than Luffy. Training is one thing but as a Warlord you're hunting other pirates and fighting them.

    I feel the fight wouldn't get to close combat. And if he does, he is a master swordsmen(maybe not as good as Zoro) but he is still is a swordsman.
    -Law could keep this battle at bay)
    -Law can out smart Luffy
    Ray did not train him for 6months, it was 1yr and 6months, the rest luffy created new abilities. Law only killed 100 no name pirates and planned on his whole SAD takeover. Law has no feats compare to luffy, Law wasn't chosen to be a warlord, he made an over like blackbeard. Luffy beat 2 warlord pre timeskip, it took heart pirates and kid pirates to beat px-7, while it took the whole strawhat crew to beat there own android. Luffy has been stronger than law since pre timeskip and you wasnt me to believe law all of a sudden can beat luffy? I don't think so.
     
         

  22. #47
    Ravager of Planets Lt Fresh's Avatar
    Status
    Lt Fresh is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Some Where
    Posts
    2,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sit back and just breathe
     

    Re: Underestimated Joker

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    why did you think that? There wasn't a moment when he showed any weakness. But yea... Haki was quite a hoax :D
    I just thought that having those 5 strong guys against 1 warlord would be enough. The strawhats have taken on other warlords before so I thought Joker would be no different. But seeing what Joker can do made me realize he was no joke.

    Quote Originally Posted by VariaBossX View Post
    Ray did not train him for 6months, it was 1yr and 6months, the rest luffy created new abilities. Law only killed 100 no name pirates and planned on his whole SAD takeover. Law has no feats compare to luffy, Law wasn't chosen to be a warlord, he made an over like blackbeard. Luffy beat 2 warlord pre timeskip, it took heart pirates and kid pirates to beat px-7, while it took the whole strawhat crew to beat there own android. Luffy has been stronger than law since pre timeskip and you wasnt me to believe law all of a sudden can beat luffy? I don't think so.
    Those very 2 Warlords Luffy fought and beat Law could have done the same, I don't say he couldn't. Law could have taken out Gekko much faster than Luffy did, and Law would only have trouble with Crocodile because he was a Logia user.

    It took the strawhats and Kuma's help to beat which ever PX they fought. Don't forget Kuma sent that robot flying.

    You can't say Luffy was stronger than Law in part 1, We saw Law do 2 things in the first part, 1) fight some marines with Kid and Luffy, 2) Fight PX-7 with Kid
    -Even in the fight with PX-7 we saw how fast Law's room tech was. He shifted the bear with the big guy in a flash.

    Once an enemy is in his room they are at his mercy, he can basically do what ever he likes.
    -Luffy would have to leave Law's dome, but have to enter if he wants to hit Law. But Law can do as he pleases which means, steal hearts, and cut whom ever up
     
         

  23. #48
    Legend ~Yubel~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Yubel~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    7,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌
     



    Re: Underestimated Joker

    Quote Originally Posted by Simple Math View Post
    not 2 years you say, but needed to training. I mean, pre timeskip straw hats would get owned the moment they entered the new world. that's the reason why Rayleigh offered the meeting to be 2 years instead of 3 days later.

    now while they are in the new world, even if they trained hard, they are still nothing compared to an admiral. theh still need powerup's imo.
    No, i mean if strawhats entered new world without training two years, what'd make their fates any different then the supernovas? Some who are weaker than Luffy since he was one of the top supernovas pre-timeskip. Anyway, i think people are overating Luffy while underating his enemies. I don't know about you but Luffy better impress me next arc, Zoro got more shine than him as it is.
     
         

  24. #49
    Zoros brother Itachi Minato's Avatar
    Status
    Itachi Minato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Planet Vegeta
    Posts
    1,665
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Underestimated Joker

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Currently Luffy is the strongest supernova out there. He lost to ceasar the first time cause he has little brains while ceasar is a scientist >_>

    And you call sending your opponent flying in one hit, struggle?? dafuq??
    You have no proof of this statement. I would say Kid is considering he is directly challenging Big Mam but I dont have any proof and neither do you so lets not speculate.
     
         

  25. #50
    Senior Member VariaBossX's Avatar
    Status
    VariaBossX is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12,045
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Underestimated Joker

    Quote Originally Posted by Lt Fresh View Post
    I just thought that having those 5 strong guys against 1 warlord would be enough. The strawhats have taken on other warlords before so I thought Joker would be no different. But seeing what Joker can do made me realize he was no joke.



    Those very 2 Warlords Luffy fought and beat Law could have done the same, I don't say he couldn't. Law could have taken out Gekko much faster than Luffy did, and Law would only have trouble with Crocodile because he was a Logia user.

    It took the strawhats and Kuma's help to beat which ever PX they fought. Don't forget Kuma sent that robot flying.

    You can't say Luffy was stronger than Law in part 1, We saw Law do 2 things in the first part, 1) fight some marines with Kid and Luffy, 2) Fight PX-7 with Kid
    -Even in the fight with PX-7 we saw how fast Law's room tech was. He shifted the bear with the big guy in a flash.

    Once an enemy is in his room they are at his mercy, he can basically do what ever he likes.
    -Luffy would have to leave Law's dome, but have to enter if he wants to hit Law. But Law can do as he pleases which means, steal hearts, and cut whom ever up


    You cant say law can beat 2warlords if he never did, no proof. Also strawhats beat one px and a second one came with a powerful
    haki user, and kizaru. That is when kuma & Ray came in to save them kid and heart pirates barely won against one px.
    you need facts from the manga to proof law>luffy, you think that in the manga ceasar said he was stronger than Law
    and luffy beat cesaer, might register the difference in power.
     
         
    Last edited by VariaBossX; 02-08-2013 at 12:47 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •