Page 4 of 19 « First 1234567814 ... Last»
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trying to make my dream of
    getting published a reality.

Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2013]

Quote Originally Posted by KeotsuEclipse View Post
    Skylar is absolutely right; you should write because you enjoy doing so, not because it makes other people happy - if you're doing it for that reason, you're doing it wrong. The only exception to that should be if your writing makes other people happy...and seeing your writing make them happy, makes you happy.

I started out writing for myself, but ended up changing to writing for my audience. And, because of that, I grew to hate writing, as it was suddenly something I was under pressure to do. Now, I've more or less moved away from it, and am back to writing because that's what I want to do.

And that part about sacrifices wanting to be made? BS. If it's a hobby, and thus not something you need to do as a career, then you are - and should - be doing it because you enjoy it in the first place.

If you're stopping because you don't enjoy it, then I cannot condone that; if you don't enjoy it, you shouldn't do it. But, quitting something you enjoy doing just because you don't think you're good? That's just wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    Huh, and just when I thought you were getting good. You'll change your mind in a little bit. ^_^ Now go write something so sh*tty that it actually has an odor to it.
    ...Well, ...talk about conflicting takes on this subject

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're here.

Maybe you guys are right.....I enjoy writing I really do..... Just can't get the feel for it like I use to.....maybe it's because of the stress im going threw

The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Quote Originally Posted by chakrawizard555 View Post
    ...Well, ...talk about conflicting takes on this subject
    Psychology, my dear Watson. Behold:

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra73 View Post
    Maybe you guys are right.....I enjoy writing I really do..... Just can't get the feel for it like I use to.....maybe it's because of the stress im going threw
    Hope it's nothing too serious, bro.

Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

God. I'm starting to remember why I loved the FF community.

There's so much comradeship and a sense of family it's not funny.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    Psychology, my dear Watson. Behold:

Hope it's nothing too serious, bro.
    It's not I'll be fine..

it kinda is......I can think of a family right now

Oh and for anybody that cares
    I leave for Basic July 10th btw

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, we loves each others!:grouphug:

And why you leave us, Cobra?

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're here.

Well it's either leave you and do my job or leave you get thrown in Prision and be forced to eat a c**kmeat sandwich ....I pick the first option lol

Edit: I still can't beilve it wasn't exploited

Last edited by King Cobra; 02-10-2013 at 05:02 AM.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it's either leave you and do my job or leave you get thrown in Prision and be forced to eat a cockmeat sandwich ....I pick the first option lol
    What's wrong with getting chicken sandwiches in prison?

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're here.

What's wrong with getting chicken sandwiches in prison?
    First off that word isn't exploited :rofl: Lawliet if you're reading this do something about that lol

Second.....Oh we get funny guy here

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

First off that word isn't exploited :rofl: Lawliet if you're reading this do something about that lol

Second.....Oh we get funny guy here
    First off, don't do that, man. They already took s*** from us recently, now most of my Hellhound chapters are ruined

Second, I'm only funny when I don't try to be, man

Example:

I was driving in the car with my father one time and we were talking about something. I ended up mentioning a recliner we used to have in our living room, but I accidentally said "recriner". My dad started chuckling and said, "Recriner? And what's that?" And without missing a beat, I said, "That's a Chinese version of a recliner." He was laughing because it was funny, but wrong. ...I laughed because I was proud of my own quick-wittedness

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're here.

First off, don't do that, man. They already took s*** from us recently, now most of my Hellhound chapters are ruined

Second, I'm only funny when I don't try to be, man

Example:

I was driving in the car with my father one time and we were talking about something. I ended up mentioning a recliner we used to have in our living room, but I accidentally said "recriner". My dad started chuckling and said, "Recriner? And what's that?" And without missing a beat, I said, "That's a Chinese version of a recliner." He was laughing because it was funny, but wrong. ...I laughed because I was proud of my own quick-wittedness
    Ha!! That was a good one

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha!! That was a good one
    See!? It works twice

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Cobra does not quit! What kind of king are you? NO GIVE! NO QUARTER!! THIS..IS...FF CONTEST!!!!!!

(But seriously dude, give yourself more credit. You have good story ideas and it's a lot of fun to read your stuff.)

Annnnnnnnd five minutes of lurking over. Back to retirement. Bred from shadows, return to shadows, perish eternally by the shadows.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
    Cobra does not quit! What kind of king are you? NO GIVE! NO QUARTER!! THIS..IS...FF CONTEST!!!!!!

(But seriously dude, give yourself more credit. You have good story ideas and it's a lot of fun to read your stuff.)

Annnnnnnnd five minutes of lurking over. Back to retirement. Bred from shadows, return to shadows, perish eternally by the shadows.
    You no retire. You stay on base. Too addicting. Yes. I know.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Writer in Training! I have so
    much I want to write, but
    there's not enough hours in
    the day.

Yeah, stress can really put a bad feeling to your mood. You thought I was just being nice over MSN, but you're good. As to answer your question why should you do something if you're not good at it, the answer is simple. You do something you're not good at so you can improve. Writing is something we improve on every day.

Writing is a confusing thing to us sometimes, you know. You don't think you were good, however you can see by this thread that we think you are. I don't think I'm good, but people still enjoy my work. Skylar even thinks he's not really skilled, but he's good. It's a writer thing, and I bet all writers go through it eventually. Like how all of us go through Writer's Block, we go through that. Huh, there should be a name for that. How about Writer's Discouragement? Okay, back on topic. We don't write because we're good at it, we write because we enjoy it. It's an outlet for our feelings as well. We write our fantasies, they come to life. I can tell you really enjoy writing, there's no way you would want to retire. Cheer up, Cobra! We're all here for you.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're here.

Quote Originally Posted by Netsui View Post
    Yeah, stress can really put a bad feeling to your mood. You thought I was just being nice over MSN, but you're good. As to answer your question why should you do something if you're not good at it, the answer is simple. You do something you're not good at so you can improve. Writing is something we improve on every day.

Writing is a confusing thing to us sometimes, you know. You don't think you were good, however you can see by this thread that we think you are. I don't think I'm good, but people still enjoy my work. Skylar even thinks he's not really skilled, but he's good. It's a writer thing, and I bet all writers go through it eventually. Like how all of us go through Writer's Block, we go through that. Huh, there should be a name for that. How about Writer's Discouragement? Okay, back on topic. We don't write because we're good at it, we write because we enjoy it. It's an outlet for our feelings as well. We write our fantasies, they come to life. I can tell you really enjoy writing, there's no way you would want to retire. Cheer up, Cobra! We're all here for you.
    Thank you

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

Cobra don't quit writing for such reasons. -_- Haven't I lectured you better than that?

Seriously though if you don't want to do it then don't. If you still enjoy writing though and feel like what you do for the base brings you down, then just write for yourself. After all it's about what makes you happy, not the reader, not anyone else but YOU! If you feel like you need to improve your skills then write a little each day and you will see that your skills will improve over time. Nothing is instant! Everything takes practice to become better at!

Don't beat yourself up about self conscious things either. Writing is very healthy for you! It helps relieve a great deal of stress so if you're going though more, then you need to increase the amount you write. How do you think most people get through life? They turned to something that can break free of the restraints that reality holds on them! Video games, reading, writing, ect. What ever it takes to get their mind off the issues they face. So many people write to make themselves happy, as they are the only ones that known exactly what that is. Even if it only brings you temporary happiness, you were still happy while you were in that imaginative world, weren't you?

Writing is a way for us to live in our own sense of paradise and without it, we would certainly go mad from the horrors and drama we face on a daily basis. Writing is therapy for the soul! It's good for you! Don't stop writing because you don't think you're good enough. You should ask yourself if you love your works or not? If not then strive to make it what you want it to be!

Status
    Aug 2010
    Imagine paradise, now think of the furthest thing from it, and I'm in the place furthest from that.
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneChick View Post
    Cobra don't quit writing for such reasons. -_- Haven't I lectured you better than that?

Seriously though if you don't want to do it then don't. If you still enjoy writing though and feel like what you do for the base brings you down, then just write for yourself. After all it's about what makes you happy, not the reader, not anyone else but YOU! If you feel like you need to improve your skills then write a little each day and you will see that your skills will improve over time. Nothing is instant! Everything takes practice to become better at!

Don't beat yourself up about self conscious things either. Writing is very healthy for you! It helps relieve a great deal of stress so if you're going though more, then you need to increase the amount you write. How do you think most people get through life? They turned to something that can break free of the restraints that reality holds on them! Video games, reading, writing, ect. What ever it takes to get their mind off the issues they face. So many people write to make themselves happy, as they are the only ones that known exactly what that is. Even if it only brings you temporary happiness, you were still happy while you were in that imaginative world, weren't you?

Writing is a way for us to live in our own sense of paradise and without it, we would certainly go mad from the horrors and drama we face on a daily basis. Writing is therapy for the soul! It's good for you! Don't stop writing because you don't think you're good enough. You should ask yourself if you love your works or not? If not then strive to make it what you want it to be!
    *latches onto your leg* :3 Shishou!!! :3

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    the day.

TOC! Your words were very moving. wease:

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Reborn! *Tackles before he can get away!*

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're here.

First Netsui now you! Y'all seriously gonna make me cry

Status
    Aug 2010
    Imagine paradise, now think of the furthest thing from it, and I'm in the place furthest from that.
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

*Grabs you as you tackle me and I wrap my hands around you and Shishou so we're stuck to her leg* Come to Kiri and introduce yourself!!!

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

*kicks* not today reborn -_-

Ty ^_^ Sorry it was kind of half assed my head is killing me. Lizzy's party took too much energy. Hope you are well. :silly:
    First Netsui now you! Y'all seriously gonna make me cry
    Did you expect me to allow you to wallow in a state of hopelessness? O_o

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Ty ^_^ Sorry it was kind of half assed my head is killing me. Lizzy's party took too much energy. Hope you are well. :silly:

*Falls off without resistance*

*Drags Netsui-hime by the arm to Kiri* Come on Netsui-hime

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    the day.

*Grabs you as you tackle me and I wrap my hands around you and Shishou so we're stuck to her leg* Come to Kiri and introduce yourself!!!

I am well. How are you, besides your head killing you?

*Falls off without resistance*

*Drags Netsui-hime by the arm to Kiri* Come on Netsui-hime
    O.O I'm shy, Reborn!

The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Breasts are so warm and soft, but it always hurts when I grab them, then I wake up with bruises. *pervy face*