Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

hashirama>tsukuyomi? Sasuke>tsukuyomi?

Well I was having a conversation not too long ago on whether or not hashirama and sasuke could break tsukuyomi.

Hashirama is known as the god of shinobi or whatever and fought Madara/beat him.

Sasuke has broken tsukuyomi under certain conditions that itachi has set.

Does this mean since hashirama faced Madara he can take a genjutsu such as tsukuyomi?

And since sasuke broke tsukuyomi once before, does that mean he can avoid/break it again if the intentions of the user was to kill?

I don't think Madara has tsukuyomi, but even if he did, it wouldn't be to the degree of itachis.

Sorry if this is irrelevant, I'm intoxicated and wanted to hear people's opinions.

Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

Re: hashirama>tsukuyomi? Sasuke>tsukuyomi?

Hashirama fought the Uchiha for generations, he's obviously developed multiple tactics to counter their ocular jutsu.

Status
    Apr 2011
    I've got no strings to hold me
    down.

Itachi did not let Sasuke break Tsukiyomi, Sasuke did that on his own.

And I think Hashirama can survive it, but not necessarily break it like Sasuke did.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    This user has no status.

Eye contact method.

Status
    __

Sasuke yes, Hashirama not until I see it, didn't Itachi say only a Sharingan user with Uchiha blood could break Tsukuyomi anyway? that was the only reason Sasuke broke it IMO

as far as im concerned, Madara has no Tsukuyomi, id argue Hashi could break Basic Sharingan Genjutsu but that's about it

Status
    Jun 2012
    O..bi...to..?

Deidara trained his eye to counter genjutsu, so i wouldnt find it hard to believe that the senju have some special counters for it. Furthermore, we cant 100% confirm that madara has tsukuyomi, we can only assume that he has it.

As for sasuke, any uchiha can break tsukuyomi

Status
    Apr 2011
    I've got no strings to hold me
    down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cqwnt View Post
    Sasuke yes, Hashirama not until I see it, didn't Itachi say only a Sharingan user with Uchiha blood could break Tsukuyomi anyway? that was the only reason Sasuke broke it IMO

as far as im concerned, Madara has no Tsukuyomi, id argue Hashi could break Basic Sharingan Genjutsu but that's about it
    Madara does have Tsukiyomi.

Status
    Jul 2011
    This user has no status.

Itachi's 1second tsukuyomi > Hashirama.

I don't why why poeple say "no one can break/survive itachi's tsukuyomi" yet say something else when it comes to hashirama, it doesn't really matter who you are (unless you have uchiha blood), Once itachi catches you in his tsukuyomi you're done for.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Wicked is good

Well Madara has Susanoo and a perfect one to be exact, so yes he has tsukoyomi.
    It's plausible that he used it against Hashirama.But you can't be sure if Hashi avoided it or countered it.
    Itachi said that the only reason Sasuke could broke tsukoymi is because they are blood related, so yes Sasuke can break Iatchi's tsuko again but not sure he can break Madara's.
    And since Madara has awakened EMS and rinnegan plus perfect Susanoo I believe his tsukoyomi to be superior to Itachi's.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Tired just Tired !!!

tsukuyomi > any senju

The Tyrant of the Mist Mizukage88's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

I think fosure that hashi would not be stopped by tsukiyomi not sure if he could break it but i think he has the mental ability to endure it i don't get when people say Uchiha what ever > hashi the man who has fought uchiha all his life has no counter for the crap they doooo riiiiiiiiiiight

Status
    Jan 2013
    Wicked is good

Quote Originally Posted by Exaar View Post

I don't why why poeple say "no one can break/survive itachi's tsukuyomi" yet say something else when it comes to hashirama, it doesn't really matter who you are (unless you have uchiha blood), Once itachi catches you in his tsukuyomi you're done for.
    But Kakashi survived that

Status
    Jul 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by KonohanoAkuma View Post
    But Kakashi survived that
    Only because itachi allowed it.

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

i agree with the fact that hashirama was probably a pro at fighting uchiha and thus know steps not to get traped in their genjutsu's, also itachi was going light on sasuke the whole fight, guarentee that if itachi substituted a physically painful tsukuyomi on sasuke, like the one he did on kakashi or worse, then it would not of been so easy to break out of it (not that it was easy as it drained a lot of energy out of sasuke to do it)...

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

This. From the little info we have on hashirama's abilities he belongs in the same category as dsm kabuto.
    People who have gained techniques/abilities which either limits or blocks the sharinga's abilities with genjutsu whilst being able to still fight at 100%. Hashirama, due to his mokuton can form mokuton bunshin's, but also mokuton allows the user to fight from all ranges without being handicap. Its his scroll that contained the kage bunshin that naruto stole, that states that he is a kage bunshin user. He has Kokuangyo which completely blocks the sharingan and what they can see is pitch black.

Its these abilities that allowed him to evade genjutsu more so than anything.
    However if he gets hit by genjutsu, in this case tsukuyomi he'd fill the same effects as others, but note that tsukyomi's effectiveness is based on what itachi shows his opponents and how long he decides to keep them in this illusion.

People here it seems when they here of legendary opponents, they forget that they are human and are just as much suspect to attacks as other's. Cannonically speaking, hashirama has died. He got his soul ripped out of him with the shiki fujin and got his leg blown off by mere explosive tags. We later saw in the fight against madara that if you can cut him, he bleeds.

Strong, very strong but still human.
    There is however a theory on my mind. The sharingan allows the user some 'defence' against tsukuyomi. Both the senju/uchiha are descendants of the sage. Its very possible sharing 1 ancestor and gaining the trait of the 'body' might possibly act like the sharingan to a senju which might offer some form of defence.

Obviously a theory otherwise, yes

Last edited by Blaze Release; 02-08-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

First of all, I don't want to say dat but it's literally If Itachi wanna destroy his enemy and " catch " with Tsukuyomi it's One Shot Jutsu. There's no Escape from it. Kakashi didn't escape too even Itachi didnt intent to kill him. If Tsunade didnt come to village what would do? Kinda permanantly coma? If you u're not TRUE Sharingan User, u cant escape... I don't know Madara's Tsukuyomi Level, But i'm talking about now Itachi's level. Cuz Sasuke has too but it's really weak compare to Itachi's. I believe Hashirama didn't catch by Tsukuyomi when he fight against Madara, He has another techs to counter it i guess, He's EARTH himself at least. Remember dat Zetsu said who is poor clone of Hashirama. I believe Hashirama fight with sensing or using wood clones. So Eye contact is not allowed. Cant use Tsukuyomi. Hashirama would just Dodge from Tsukuyomi i believe but just wait i believe Kishi would show us something about it.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Tired just Tired !!!

Itachi With A Sword Is Enough To Wipe The Floor With Hashirama

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

No one can counter Itachi's Tsukuyomi if Itachi decides to. Sasuke did break out but only because Itachi didn't control the time aspect of the jutsu. If he did to Sasuke the same thing he did to Kakashi I don't see how he could break out.

Status
    Jul 2011
    determined

He'd find a way to get out of it he didn't get the name god of shinobi for nothing plus he fought the uchiha for his whole life and knows not to look them in the eyes and even if he did by accident look into their eyes he would survive it! The latest chapters make me think that he has some specific power that hasn't been revealed yet like the bringer of darkness I'm sure he has something up his sleeve

Status
    Nov 2012
    スピード

Sasuke can do it again since only an Uchiha can break Tsukuyomi.

If anyone else outside of the Uchiha Clan gets caught in Itachi's Tsukuyomi then you're done for no matter how strong you think you are.....Itachi's Tsukuyomi is instant so the moment you're caught in his Genjutsu it's game over.

It's not very hard thing to understand really.

Last edited by FTG V2; 02-17-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Status
    Oct 2011
    A mind needs books, as a sword
    needs a whetstone, if it is to
    keep its edge.

As far as the Manga and databook goes, Hashirama cannot break Itachi's Tsukyomi.. as it isn't even remotely close to being some "normal" genjutsu... He'd be best to not make eye contact or use w.e tactics he used to fight uchiha ocular genjutsu

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

any Uchiha worth his salt- Sasuke, Madara, Obito, Shishui- will break tsukuyomi.

apart from that, i don't think Tsukuyomi is breakable. descendants of the sage might share the same aptitude as uchiha do, but i really doubt it and anyway there's no proof to support that.

however, while there's no cancelling the effects of tsukuyomi, I do think it's possible to tank it. the main thing to keep in mind is that it's a jutsu which targets the victim's will. meaning that the if hte victim's will is of a strong enough level theoretically it's possible for him to bear it until itachi's chakra gives out, maybe. i have some proof below:

For one, Itachi using one day on Sasuke and three on kakashi shows that there's a direct correlation between the level of tsukuyomi and the level of the opponent. ie. it takes more days of torture packed into a second to subdue a higher level opponent.
    secondly- Sasuke slipped into a coma immediately after one day yet Kakashi was still conscious for a while after suffering three days
    thirdly- itachi was really fatigued after three days of tsukuyomi on kakashi and not visibly fatigued after using 1 day on sasuke. meaning he cannot increase the number of days without severe risk to himself both stamina wise and also putting him closer to blindness. which means the number of days is probably capped under a week, three days might even be the highest level but since there's a bit of a doubt on why kakashi didn't die or not it might be a bit higher.
    fourthly- there are characters who've made incredible durability feats like kisame and jiraiya. or others which have access to regeneration like kabuto, tsunade,naruto and hashirama. the will of the person plays a lot in this scenario.

in short, some characters may be sufficiently strong to wheather the effects of tsukuyomi and keep on fighting, and are strong enough that the damage they take isnt that compromising compared to the stamina loss/backlash itachi takes.

Last edited by Baka Sennin; 02-08-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Status
    Mar 2012
    This user has no status.

Fandom > Feats on NarutoBase.

Status
    Oct 2011
    A mind needs books, as a sword
    needs a whetstone, if it is to
    keep its edge.

[QUOTE=Baka Sennin;10239681]any Uchiha worth his salt- Sasuke, Madara, Obito, Shishui- will break tsukuyomi.

apart from that, i don't think Tsukuyomi is breakable. descendants of the sage might share the same aptitude as uchiha do, but i really doubt it and anyway there's no proof to support that.

however, while there's no cancelling the effects of tsukuyomi, I do think it's possible to tank it. the main thing to keep in mind is that it's a jutsu which targets the victim's will. meaning that the if hte victim's will is of a strong enough level theoretically it's possible for him to bear it until itachi's chakra gives out, maybe. i have some proof below:

For one, Itachi using one day on Sasuke and three on kakashi shows that there's a direct correlation between the level of tsukuyomi and the level of the opponent. ie. it takes more days of torture packed into a second to subdue a higher level opponent.
    secondly- Sasuke slipped into a coma immediately after one day yet Kakashi was still conscious for a while after suffering three days
    thirdly- itachi was really fatigued after three days of tsukuyomi on kakashi and not visibly fatigued after using 1 day on sasuke. meaning he cannot increase the number of days without severe risk to himself both stamina wise and also putting him closer to blindness. which means the number of days is probably capped under a week, three days might even be the highest level but since there's a bit of a doubt on why kakashi didn't die or not it might be a bit higher.
    fourthly- there are characters who've made incredible durability feats like kisame and jiraiya. or others which have access to regeneration like kabuto, tsunade,naruto and hashirama. the will of the person plays a lot in this scenario.

in short, some characters may be sufficiently strong to wheather the effects of tsukuyomi and keep on fighting, and are strong enough that the damage they take isnt that compromising compared to the stamina loss/backlash itachi takes.[/QUOTE]
    Eh? i don't recall Itachi being "fatigued" after the 3 days at all... after any use of Tsukyomi it puts a strain on his eyes and then it goes away after a while.. this strain is seen no matter what time he puts on it

Ps- It's impossible to tank something when he can up the time to what he wants, as he said, he has no limits in that realm, he's god and controls space, time etc

Also, there is no doubt as to why Kakashi didn't die.. Itachi let him live, which is why the 2nd databook stated he was Merciful, as that's the only moment he showed mercy to anyone in part 1

Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post
    Itachi did not let Sasuke break Tsukiyomi, Sasuke did that on his own.

And I think Hashirama can survive it, but not necessarily break it like Sasuke did.
    Yeah sasuke broke out of it himself but I think itachi put him under a genjutsu that he can endure and eventually overcome.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»