Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Naruto Inspirations

I don't normally make threads, but it was suggested by UncleSi when I made a few posts in one of their threads.

Being an avid gamer since the NES first came out, I have noticed Naruto was not only inspired by DBZ, but many games. Whether it was intentional or not I don't know. I'll use two games as an example and if anyone wishes to join in, feel free to share your thoughts, theories or even a game that you find might have inspired Naruto.

The first one for me would be Suikoden II in 1999.

This game has a hero, his best friend Jowy and their female companion and adopted sister to the hero, Nanime. Without getting overly detailed and making this thread too long to read, I will state the basic similarities.

The Hero (Naruto), though his personalty is not like Naruto nor does he host a demon within him, does however carry half of the Rune of Beginning (Bright Shield Rune) and is destined to lead an army to war and rule Jowston.

Jowy (Sasuke) is the holder of the other half of the Rune of Beginning (Black Sword Rune) and chooses a darker path. He comes from a wealthy family and after he witnesses his friends slaughtered by Luca Blight he seeks revenge.

Nanime (Sakura) is hinted at being in love with Jowy and wants him to return home and everyone to be together again, and follows the hero through a great war and watches him and Jowy become enemies. Depending on the path you choose, she will die saving the hero or live.

Luca Blight (Orochimaru) is the cause of all the trouble before Jowy kills him. He hates Jowston for what happened to his mother and uses Jowy to achieve his goals.

Due to the destiny of the Runes, the hero must fight Jowy. He will either die by having the hero remove the Rune from him or live and join him and Nanime depending again on the choices you make.

Also, there is a Sasuke in that game from a hidden Shinobi village (Rokkaku), and in Greenhill there is a school called New Leaf Academy.

The other game is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Link is the chosen Hero of Time who seeks out the 7 sages and gains their power, and they eventually seal Ganondorf.

Naruto is supposedly the Child of Prophecy and with the Tailed-beasts power, people think Madara might end up sealed instead of destroyed.

I'm not saying they are exactly like Naruto, but some of it could give us a rough idea as to where the story might be heading. After all, every good story always has some sort of inspiration/influence.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Naruto Inspirations

Good job on paralleling!

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by d0kid0ki View Post
    Good job on paralleling!
    Ah, thank you! There is so much more than just the above mentioned, especially from Suikoden II. They even have a leader like Tsunade and after she dies, a rather quiet and laid back character (like Kakashi) takes over and eventually the hero becomes the new leader.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

splended that was a great read!!! That game sounds very interesting I wonder if Kishi may have found some inspiration in that....also what system, so I could get a rom!?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSi View Post
    splended that was a great read!!! That game sounds very interesting I wonder if Kishi may have found some inspiration in that....also what system, so I could get a rom!?
    Thank you! Yes, I own it and play it on my PlayStation 2 (bought it for PlayStation 1) and I'm pretty sure you can find a ROM. Google Search should produce quite a few sites that carry it for an Emulator.

You can recruit 108 characters (including Sasuke! lol) and have 3 different endings that all depend on your choices made throughout the game.

If you do find it and play it, feel free to contribute any more similarities I might have missed in this thread.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanee View Post
    Thank you! Yes, I own it and play it on my PlayStation 2 (bought it for PlayStation 1) and I'm pretty sure you can find a ROM. Google Search should produce quite a few sites that carry it for an Emulator.

You can recruit 108 characters (including Sasuke! lol) and have 3 different endings that all depend on your choices made throughout the game.

If you do find it and play it, feel free to contribute any more similarities I might have missed in this thread.
    Will do thanks...

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.

Wow, this is actually quite interesting! Nice one!

Respected and Feared KingHashirama's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flamio sir, flam-i-o

And lets not forget the starting of all these "Heroes" or etc.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Chatte View Post
    Wow, this is actually quite interesting! Nice one!
    Thanks for the input, Chatte! It's really appreciated.

I've researched more today and also found a Rune you can use called the Clone Rune and you can make clones of yourself to fight the enemies on the battlefield.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Akuma no Ko" Robin

Quote Originally Posted by Melanee View Post
    Thanks for the input, Chatte! It's really appreciated.

I've researched more today and also found a Rune you can use called the Clone Rune and you can make clones of yourself to fight the enemies on the battlefield.
    "That has nothing to do with Naruto..." I replied with extreme sarcasm ^.^

these are all interesting!!!

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by KGB Kakuzu View Post
    "That has nothing to do with Naruto..." I replied with extreme sarcasm ^.^

these are all interesting!!!
    lol I know and when Jowy's going to leave, Nanime runs up and hugs him from behind, trying to stop him.