Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

Re: Unohanas Bankai REVEALED!!

Unohana's Bankai has nothing to do with melting flesh. She says in the chapter that it is used to heal herself so she can keep on fighting. Zaraki turning into a half skeleton is all in his head. It is part of his mental blocks. He says that he hasn't been seeing this fight clearly, which is why when he realizes what that fight was truly about he wasn't a skelton anymore. Her Bankai's release looks cool, but its' affect is really nothing impressive. I would say it is like Tsunade's justu she used against Madara to continually heal herself, but I believe she can only heal herself during its release, or else she would just heal herself again and save herself from dying.

Last edited by FlemSmack; 02-13-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Beware

That hoe ain't dead . Kubo said farewell with Byakuya also and look where that got us

Status
    Mar 2010
    This user has no status.

I think you all have it wrong.
    Kubo wouldn't end the fight like that so I really like how youre all so eager to jump to the assumption that he failed.

The melting of flesh wasn't because of Minazuki. Or to be more precise, we don't have confirmation that it was because of Minazuki. Zaraki was saying in his mind that his shackles were melting away. His flesh wasn't melting because of Minazuki. It was to represent his power freeing itself from their restraints. I suppose you all think that bugs were actually crawling up Byakuya during his fight with As Nodt as well?

I doubt Unohana is dead. I reckon she'll heal herself, reveal Minazuki's ability, and either continue to battle or switch over to Ichigo and Renji.

White Imperial Blade kotoamatsukami's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2011
    “Foolishness is more than
    being stupid, that deadly
    combination of arrogance and
    ignorance.”

Quote Originally Posted by NLee View Post
    I think you all have it wrong.
    Kubo wouldn't end the fight like that so I really like how youre all so eager to jump to the assumption that he failed.

The melting of flesh wasn't because of Minazuki. Or to be more precise, we don't have confirmation that it was because of Minazuki. Zaraki was saying in his mind that his shackles were melting away. His flesh wasn't melting because of Minazuki. It was to represent his power freeing itself from their restraints. I suppose you all think that bugs were actually crawling up Byakuya during his fight with As Nodt as well?

I doubt Unohana is dead. I reckon she'll heal herself, reveal Minazuki's ability, and either continue to battle or switch over to Ichigo and Renji.
    Then why would she say farewell if she is going to continue the fight?

~ The God of High School ~ PrimeOfTheSixPaths's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2012
    This user has no status.

I'm pretty sure when this is put in anime itll look sick. WHEN, keyword.

Status
    Mar 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by kotoamatsukami View Post
    Then why would she say farewell if she is going to continue the fight?
    Do you trust everything the Manga ever says?

White Imperial Blade kotoamatsukami's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2011
    “Foolishness is more than
    being stupid, that deadly
    combination of arrogance and
    ignorance.”

Quote Originally Posted by NLee View Post
    Do you trust everything the Manga ever says?
    When in the manga if some one says farewell they are not going to continue the fight simple.

Academy Student
    Status
    Mar 2013
    This user has no status.

This has been one of the most anticipated story arcs for me personally.. I had a feeling that Unohana intimidates eveyone for a reason and I love this connection between her and Kenpachi, it really makes a lot of sense... however theres a lot of confusion as well and mch is to be debated over what her Bankai actually does... The story is definitly confusing in magna format but would make sense if/when its on anime ... if her shikai helps her in healing then it would make sense her bankai can only destroy and was kept from us for a reason. I saw it as Kepachi kept blanking out because Unohana was killing him or getting him close to death since his power increases every time hes about to die.. and she even stated she will put him close to death and heal him until he can surpass her abilities in which is finally achieved at the end. Her bankai reminded me of Barragan's abilities except she actually liquified Kenpachi at one point but similar to how her bankai was introduced as a weird black liquid (or perhaps its blood) ... I dont get why people are getting mad over this.. it wasnt going to be simplified and spelled out for us like other bankais so Im not surprised it left us wanting more... I personally dont think she will die but if they do then itd be a major letdown to the story.. i understood killing off Yamamoto but killing off Unohana who is revealed to be a badass afterall is just a disappointment because Im pretty sure her abilities are going to be needed in the upcoming battles ..

my guess/predicition is Kepachi's sword (that just revealed his voice to him and is the next cliffhanger were waiting on) may just be similar to unohanas but perhaps more blunt like a life/death ability and perhaps its ability is why it kept itself from kepachi because it also has a love for fighting that he does and if its ability is to either kill or heal then it has no fun or value in fighting... this isnt definite but it would make sense to me that Kenpachi's abilities are great because he hasnt known his shikai or known his swords name.. but now he just killed the one person he had such admiration for perhaps thats why his sword has finally manifested itself in order for him to perhaps save Unohana.

Status
    Feb 2010
    In a society that has
    destroyed all adventure, the
    only adventure left is to
    destroy society

misleading title dude, thanks for broken hope.

as for everyone who bashes Kubo should be less gay, we will find it out sooner or later, just be patient

Page 2 of 2 « First 12