Page 2 of 2 « First 12
Results 26 to 50 of 50
  1. #26
    Premium User Hotel Moscow's Avatar
    Status
    Hotel Moscow is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    On Earth...
    Posts
    1,950
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has a status
     

    Re: Bet Naruto will end up single...

    I've been saying this for some time now. ..
     
         

  2. #27
    Easily Startled AaaaNinja's Avatar
    Status
    AaaaNinja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drawing stuff.
     

    Re: Bet Naruto will end up single...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cromatic View Post
    But Sakura loves Naruto now, Sasuke is long gone ever since Sasuke tried to kill her, and Naruto still loves Sakura. Hinata is just so one sided. Should be taken away
     
         

  3. #28
    Member Prometheus Beta's Avatar
    Status
    Prometheus Beta is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    607
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Bet Naruto will end up single...

    the only people who take pairings half as seriously as the OP suggests are fckin obsessive nerdy teenaged girls on the internet, the type that are also interested in sht like twilight. Naruto is a fckin shonen manga about ninjas, Im pretty sure Kishimoto is well aware that the majority of the fan demographic of his manga comprises teenaged males who couldnt give a rats ass.
     
         

  4. #29
    Member Pakura's Avatar
    Status
    Pakura is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    242
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Bet Naruto will end up single...

    Kishimoto already named Naruto's child. So he won't end up single.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus Beta View Post
    Im pretty sure Kishimoto is well aware that the majority of the fan demographic of his manga comprises teenaged males who couldnt give a rats ass.
    So his audience is young gay males? That would explain things.
     
         

  5. #30
    Member Prometheus Beta's Avatar
    Status
    Prometheus Beta is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    607
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Bet Naruto will end up single...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pakura View Post
    Kishimoto already named Naruto's child. So he won't end up single.


    So his audience is young gay males? That would explain things.
    No, my point here is that the only people who read this manga for pairings (the type the OP is basically talking about) are a very active/loud but numerically almost nonexistent group on the internet. The actual Naruto fandom consists of hundreds of thousands...millions of people who probably treat the minor romantic subtext of this manga as nothing more. This isnt a shojo manga, most of us read it for the fantastical martial arts and such, not for 3rd rate and pathetically cliche romance.
     
         

  6. #31
    Easily Startled AaaaNinja's Avatar
    Status
    AaaaNinja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drawing stuff.
     

    Re: Bet Naruto will end up single...

    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus Beta View Post
    the only people who take pairings half as seriously as the OP suggests are fckin obsessive nerdy teenaged girls on the internet, the type that are also interested in sht like twilight. Naruto is a fckin shonen manga about ninjas, Im pretty sure Kishimoto is well aware that the majority of the fan demographic of his manga comprises teenaged males who couldnt give a rats ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus Beta View Post
    No, my point here is that the only people who read this manga for pairings (the type the OP is basically talking about) are a very active/loud but numerically almost nonexistent group on the internet. The actual Naruto fandom consists of hundreds of thousands...millions of people who probably treat the minor romantic subtext of this manga as nothing more. This isnt a shojo manga, most of us read it for the fantastical martial arts and such, not for 3rd rate and pathetically cliche romance.
    Dude, I have to show you this, just to back up your point and also illustrate my own. I also bolded the part or your post that I like the most.

    This is about a person's obsession about feet. You could potentially make a parallel between this obsession and pairing obsessions (though this person's post also mentions more than enough about pairing too).

    This collection of screengrabs is from the first Naruto Shippuden movie. The poster makes a few statements:

    On the proliferation of sandals and feet screengrabs: "From what I've read this is intentional because the Creator enjoys drawing toes." <----- They suggest that the production team intentionally indulged a fetish that there is no evidence of Kishimoto having. I can only guess this is based on the character creation notes where Kishimoto said he redesigned the shoes because he likes drawing toes, and I have an artbook where he says he likes drawing hands and feet. How the poster aligned that with Kishimoto having a foot-fetish I have no idea. I like drawing feet too. This is the type of logic that is endemic among shippers.

    "By the time I was done this bonus totaled 153 caps making it the most caps I've posted from a single film at once." Damn, this movie must be about feet.

    I was reluctant to watch the movie with my wife because she has a phobia of feet, but we bravely inserted the DVD and watched it. Even though we were watching it hyper-aware of the foot thing we completely forgot about it and didn't remember seeing any feet in the movie.

    So I can only conclude that people who take pairings a little too seriously are like this foot-fetishist who for a moment convinced me that the movie is foot porn until I saw it for myself. The romance that is allegedly an important theme in the manga barely exists, or exists in just the right amount, but it is not pervasive.
     
         
    Last edited by AaaaNinja; 02-17-2013 at 07:42 PM.

  7. #32
    Great Sage alexu9696's Avatar
    Status
    alexu9696 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bucuresti
    Posts
    3,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    I eat people like you for
    breakfast
     

    Re: Bet Naruto will end up single...

    Quote Originally Posted by trololol60 View Post
    Because the actual pairing wars out there are way too violent now for Kishimoto to take a choice.I bet that whoever he picks ups for Naruto,he actually may face people wanting his life.What's more it's a shounen and there are renown to lack romantic substance in them.

    Bet he'll end up alone,probably by choice for whatever reason.
    bet you dont know what hand holding means in japan... and also the note of the ditors on the left on the chapter when naruto holds hinata's hand

    when you find out it means make a thread with now i get it......
     
         

  8. #33
    Taka's comeback SasukeUchiha910's Avatar
    Status
    SasukeUchiha910 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    f!cking your mom
    Posts
    6,103
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~TOKYO GHOUL,東京喰種~ FTW
    / Evangelion 4.0 in 2015 /
    Okitenemuru's manga is
    awesome/ its time to get busy
    / lord sasuke solo's
     

    Re: Bet Naruto will end up single...

    Quote Originally Posted by AaaaNinja View Post
    lol
     
         

  9. #34
    Easily Startled AaaaNinja's Avatar
    Status
    AaaaNinja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drawing stuff.
     

    Re: Bet Naruto will end up single...

    Quote Originally Posted by alexu9696 View Post
    bet you dont know what hand holding means in japan... and also the note of the ditors on the left on the chapter when naruto holds hinata's hand

    when you find out it means make a thread with now i get it......
    I'm pretty sure that's narration -- composed by Kishimoto not added by an editor -- and fully part of the storytelling.
     
         
    Last edited by AaaaNinja; 02-17-2013 at 09:28 PM.

  10. #35
    Member Prometheus Beta's Avatar
    Status
    Prometheus Beta is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    607
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Bet Naruto will end up single...

    Quote Originally Posted by AaaaNinja View Post
    Dude, I have to show you this, just to back up your point and also illustrate my own. I also bolded the part or your post that I like the most.

    This is about a person's obsession about feet. You could potentially make a parallel between this obsession and pairing obsessions (though this person's post also mentions more than enough about pairing too).

    This collection of screengrabs is from the first Naruto Shippuden movie. The poster makes a few statements:

    On the proliferation of sandals and feet screengrabs: "From what I've read this is intentional because the Creator enjoys drawing toes." <----- They suggest that the production team intentionally indulged a fetish that there is no evidence of Kishimoto having. I can only guess this is based on the character creation notes where Kishimoto said he redesigned the shoes because he likes drawing toes, and I have an artbook where he says he likes drawing hands and feet. How the poster aligned that with Kishimoto having a foot-fetish I have no idea. I like drawing feet too. This is the type of logic that is endemic among shippers.

    "By the time I was done this bonus totaled 153 caps making it the most caps I've posted from a single film at once." Damn, this movie must be about feet.

    I was reluctant to watch the movie with my wife because she has a phobia of feet, but we bravely inserted the DVD and watched it. Even though we were watching it hyper-aware of the foot thing we completely forgot about it and didn't remember seeing any feet in the movie.

    So I can only conclude that people who take pairings a little too seriously are like this foot-fetishist who for a moment convinced me that the movie is foot porn until I saw it for myself. The romance that is allegedly an important theme in the manga barely exists, or exists in just the right amount, but it is not pervasive.
    This is actually a known phenomena in Psychology known as confirmation bias (link). The thing is that shipping invariably involves emotional investment, the shippers do not actually ship their pairings for any rational rationale, they identify with characters and find project their own romantic ideals and fantasies on said characters and pairings... these sort of people will read (or reread) a novel or a manga and pick up "hints", "foreshadowing", "parallels" and all this supposed "evidence" for their pairings, these supposed moments are in reality completely exaggerated and caricatured. Meanwhile, anything suggesting the contrary are ignored or rationalized away via grasping of every possible straw they can find. Tl;dr people with emotional investment or vested interest will see what they want to see bro.

    This applies to the phenomena of shipping in general, I particularly first came to be familiar with it with the Harry Potter fandom when I was younger and the early books were coming out... people on various forums I was going to were writing fcking TOMES on all these hints and such, I fckin remember reading an essay on how Dumbledore death supposedly sealed the deal for the then sinking Harry/Hermione ship wtf lol. Nevertheless, it is fun and hilarious to argue with these rabid shippers for the sake of trollin sometimes :P
     
         

  11. #36
    Easily Startled AaaaNinja's Avatar
    Status
    AaaaNinja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drawing stuff.
     

    Re: Bet Naruto will end up single...

    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus Beta View Post
    This is actually a known phenomena in Psychology known as confirmation bias (link). The thing is that shipping invariably involves emotional investment, the shippers do not actually ship their pairings for any rational rationale, they identify with characters and find project their own romantic ideals and fantasies on said characters and pairings... these sort of people will read (or reread) a novel or a manga and pick up "hints", "foreshadowing", "parallels" and all this supposed "evidence" for their pairings, these supposed moments are in reality completely exaggerated and caricatured. Meanwhile, anything suggesting the contrary are ignored or rationalized away via grasping of every possible straw they can find. Tl;dr people with emotional investment or vested interest will see what they want to see bro.

    This applies to the phenomena of shipping in general, I particularly first came to be familiar with it with the Harry Potter fandom when I was younger and the early books were coming out... people on various forums I was going to were writing fcking TOMES on all these hints and such, I fckin remember reading an essay on how Dumbledore death supposedly sealed the deal for the then sinking Harry/Hermione ship wtf lol. Nevertheless, it is fun and hilarious to argue with these rabid shippers for the sake of trollin sometimes :P
    I wasn't aware of the confirmation bias part of this, but I do know about projection. It's an important part of the storytelling formula. A really badly-executed villain for example is a villain that is unrelatable. Frollo in Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame is one of those. Disonasu in the Chikara arc was terrible. I didn't care for him.

    I see how something like this can apply when someone young, naive with no personal experience who has only ever been presented an idealized perfect fairytale version of romance gets involved. I didn't realize that could be one of the reasons that most people who invest too much into the romance seem to be young and female. But it's really sad that it is that way because it's just more evidence of the harmful expectations that our culture gives young women about romance and the importance it gives. I can immediately think of two examples:

    Hinata threatens to beat up Naruto in the Road to Ninja movie if he looks at another girl, and there are seriously people going "Awwwwwwwuh my ship" over that. This is not a Alternative Universe Hinata with more confidence. This is a Hinata with powerful insecurities, not unlike those of the Real Hinata. The only difference is the way that her insecurity manifests. A very dangerous one.

    alannacrystal on YouTube goes over the part where Sakura catches Sasuke giving flowers to other girls and repeating the same romantic words that he gave to her ("I'll always be by your side"). Stop me if you've heard this before: alannacrystal insists that his gesture to the other girls is meaningless and his giving a rose to Sakura was sincere and the moment where Sakura catches Sasuke doing this is evidence. :mugi: I don't know about you but in my universe, a really awesome guy is a guy who is sincere to everyone.

    These are textbook battered/abused/abusive spouse scenarios. Wait 'til Road to Ninja comes out in the U.S. I'm sure there will be more gems like these.
     
         
    Last edited by AaaaNinja; 02-18-2013 at 12:35 PM.

  12. #37
    Member
    Status
    trololol60 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Quebec City
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Bet Naruto will end up single...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pakura View Post
    Kishimoto already named Naruto's child. So he won't end up single.


    So his audience is young gay males? That would explain things.
    It's more because people acknoledge that Naruto can give us action time that could far outweight the matters concerning pairings.
     
         

  13. #38
    Member
    Status
    trololol60 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Quebec City
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Bet Naruto will end up single...

    Quote Originally Posted by alexu9696 View Post
    bet you dont know what hand holding means in japan... and also the note of the ditors on the left on the chapter when naruto holds hinata's hand

    when you find out it means make a thread with now i get it......
    I know already about that.Everyone has been talking about it's meaning since chapter 615.However,Kishimoto's style makes it almost too unpredictable,and i'm saying this while liking the naruhina pairing due to its logic(a girl caring for the boy+a boy caring for that same girl and quite a lot at that).
     
         

  14. #39
    Dragon slayer Ultimate Beast's Avatar
    Status
    Ultimate Beast is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Magnolia
    Posts
    2,212
    Post Thanks / Like
    Common sense is awesome
     

    Re: Bet Naruto will end up single...

    NaruHina was confirmed when they introduced hinata to the manga imo
     
         

  15. #40
    Member
    Status
    trololol60 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Quebec City
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Bet Naruto will end up single...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Beast View Post
    NaruHina was confirmed when they introduced hinata to the manga imo
    Was there any kind of hard evidences or hints at that?
     
         

  16. #41
    孫悟空&マダラ UchihaMadara026's Avatar
    Status
    UchihaMadara026 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Missin ninja
    Posts
    536
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm Back
     

    Re: Bet Naruto will end up single...

    That would be funny
     
         

  17. #42
    Dragon slayer Ultimate Beast's Avatar
    Status
    Ultimate Beast is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Magnolia
    Posts
    2,212
    Post Thanks / Like
    Common sense is awesome
     

    Re: Bet Naruto will end up single...

    Quote Originally Posted by trololol60 View Post
    Was there any kind of hard evidences or hints at that?
    Every scene that had hinata she was thinking about or talking to naruto, pretty hard evidence
     
         

  18. #43
    god of narutobase grenwood's Avatar
    Status
    grenwood is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    710
    Post Thanks / Like
    in your bed
     

    Re: Bet Naruto will end up single...

    Quote Originally Posted by htmwall View Post
    in the current fight,,naruto will get hit in his junk making him unable to use it permanently,then he'll be .
    with that he will concentrate on perfecting his skills and making the world a better place instead of such irrelevant matters.:P
    ya, it will be his own wind release rasenshuriken that hit his junk.
     
         

  19. #44
    shycatgirl00's Avatar
    Status
    shycatgirl00 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    ~In the mist.~
    Posts
    34,991
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neko! =^-^=
     

    Re: Bet Naruto will end up single...

    I'm pretty sure if he gets a girlfriend it'll be Hinata. ^^
     
         

  20. #45
    Member laharl81's Avatar
    Status
    laharl81 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    295
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Bet Naruto will end up single...

    I'm gonna lol when if kishi doesn't make the romance go any further.
    At most unless there's a 5-10 year timeskip we'll just have a hinata thats more confident around naruto, but without them being a couple or anything yet.
    If there is a timeskip it'll just show him already married with a kid or 2 (with who remains to be seen, but most likely sakura or hinata), don't expect any romantic scenes though.
    Though I really wish he ends up like Jiraiya, travelling the rest of the world and the other continents and being a pervert and all.
     
         

  21. #46
    Demon Sannin RasenUchihaChaos's Avatar
    Status
    RasenUchihaChaos is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    World That Never Was
    Posts
    6,453
    Post Thanks / Like
    I See The Truth
     

    Re: Bet Naruto will end up single...

    Quote Originally Posted by trololol60 View Post
    That's what I was saying.He could as well travel the world like Jiraya did to promote peace when he'll find the answer to reach it.
    yea running around saying everyone must listen to my beliefs believe it yea i can see him getting attacked by a mob
     
         

  22. #47
    Member
    Status
    trololol60 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Quebec City
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Bet Naruto will end up single...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Beast View Post
    Every scene that had hinata she was thinking about or talking to naruto, pretty hard evidence
    That's more of a possibility.We should not forget Naruto's feelings and choices.He's putting alot of efforts for the greater good while he should actually enjoy a better life for his shitty childhood.It's likely that he'll make sure to spread peace in the whole world once the fiasco with the remainders of the akatsuki and sasuke is behind.Now that Hinata has proven herself on the battlefield,she may truely become heir of the hyuuga clan,and the administrative structure of the caln won't dissapear at the same time of the actul ninja system.That may hold her back in Konoha.

    Just to say that thinking about or talking to Naruto won't neccessarily put them together.
     
         

  23. #48
    Member
    Status
    trololol60 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Quebec City
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Bet Naruto will end up single...

    Quote Originally Posted by laharl81 View Post
    I'm gonna lol when if kishi doesn't make the romance go any further.
    At most unless there's a 5-10 year timeskip we'll just have a hinata thats more confident around naruto, but without them being a couple or anything yet.
    If there is a timeskip it'll just show him already married with a kid or 2 (with who remains to be seen, but most likely sakura or hinata), don't expect any romantic scenes though.
    Though I really wish he ends up like Jiraiya, travelling the rest of the world and the other continents and being a pervert and all.
    When,you think about it,it's the most logical choice that Naruto may make in the near future,and there's the fact that his goal and Jiraya's are about world peace.Jiraya travelled partially to find an answer to find peace.Naruto,having found the answer,will travel with the set goal of promoting peace worldwide.
     
         

  24. #49
    Member
    Status
    trololol60 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Quebec City
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Bet Naruto will end up single...

    Quote Originally Posted by RasenUchihaChaos View Post
    yea running around saying everyone must listen to my beliefs believe it yea i can see him getting attacked by a mob
    Keep in mind that were in a mange world, not IRL,althought we could assume the coalition between the great shinobi countries is dues to the existence of a threath of epic proportion.But if Naruto Uzumaki promises something,that promise will be fulfilled,or at least fulfilled to an extreme degree.
     
         

Page 2 of 2 « First 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •