Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»
Results 26 to 50 of 55
  1. #26
    Senior Member blazekev90's Avatar
    Status
    blazekev90 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,754
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taijutsu Specialist
     

    Re: Orochimaru's Gates are the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadManWonderLand View Post
    I said the ttb compared to the tbb + susannoo sword

    Are you sure you read my post ?
    I agreed with you and even gave an example to showcase the enormous chakra required to open one let alone 3.

    But make no mistake the ttb he exhausted was powerful



    sorry, something is wrong with my system, i dont think i ment to quote you. But yeah, thanks for the support and I know Naurto's was powerful, it just fell weak once it reached the 3rd gate, as it should have in the description of their abilities.
     
         

  2. #27
    Member Jonesy161's Avatar
    Status
    Jonesy161 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    697
    Post Thanks / Like
    What happens if you're scared
    half to death twice?
     

    Re: Orochimaru's Gates are the same.

    There are indeed 5 gates. Take a look at the gates in bottom left panel.

    Starting from the left gate...
    1st Gate.) Spikes pointing upward
    2nd Gate.) Short spikes pointing down
    3rd Gate.) Long spikes pointing down
    4th Gate.) Curly spikes pointing down
    5th Gate.) Can't really see the side but you see the roof of it behind the 4th gate



     
         

  3. #28
    Hagoromo Otsutsuki OfficialRikudouSennin's Avatar
    Status
    OfficialRikudouSennin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    4,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Sage Of 6 Paths
     

    Re: Orochimaru's Gates are the same.

    Diffrent gate names so diffrent abilites
     
         

  4. #29
    Member Solaris Vexius's Avatar
    Status
    Solaris Vexius is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    594
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Orochimaru's Gates are the same.

    Honestly, cypher does not know what he's talking about.
     
         

  5. #30
    Senior Member blazekev90's Avatar
    Status
    blazekev90 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,754
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taijutsu Specialist
     

    Re: Orochimaru's Gates are the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy161 View Post
    There are indeed 5 gates. Take a look at the gates in bottom left panel.

    Starting from the left gate...
    1st Gate.) Spikes pointing upward
    2nd Gate.) Short spikes pointing down
    3rd Gate.) Long spikes pointing down
    4th Gate.) Curly spikes pointing down
    5th Gate.) Can't really see the side but you see the roof of it behind the 4th gate



    Dude there are only three gates in that image, look at them again and notice the structure of each. They're so wide that it looks like multiple gates, it's the exact same as Orochi's.
     
         

  6. #31
    ※ NB's Polymath ※ BlacLord's Avatar
    Status
    BlacLord is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan (Temp.)
    Posts
    7,749
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't judge me by your usual
    standards.
     

    Re: Orochimaru's Gates are the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by blazekev90 View Post
    NO THEY ARE NOT BIGGER AND THERE ARE ONLY THREE SHOWN IN THE MANGA. Kish was trolling or Orochimaru's gates actually weakened TBB completely unlike what happened in today's chapter.

    this is the mini TBB in front of Orochi's gates


    Now, the process of these gates are explained here;


    Therefore, by the time it got to Orochimaru the TBB had diminished, which is why the ground looked like this afterwards;


    Notice allow the side, the ground isnt leveled as if the impact slip in two. This gives me the impress that TBB had weaken completely already, as shown in todays chapters they didnt just tumble down.


    Overall, they are the same gates and Kish could have trolled just to make the 1st seem BA or Orochimaru defended against TBB and we didnt notice that
    Hashirama had five (Quintuple - Gojuu) Rashoumon, Orochimaru only had three.
     
         

  7. #32
    Senior Member blazekev90's Avatar
    Status
    blazekev90 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,754
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taijutsu Specialist
     

    Re: Orochimaru's Gates are the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlacLord View Post
    Hashirama had five (Quintuple - Gojuu) Rashoumon, Orochimaru only had three.
    Where are these other two gates??? Or is this suppose to be metaphoric in relation to them, Becuase there are only three in the image.
     
         

  8. #33
    ※ NB's Polymath ※ BlacLord's Avatar
    Status
    BlacLord is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan (Temp.)
    Posts
    7,749
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't judge me by your usual
    standards.
     

    Re: Orochimaru's Gates are the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by blazekev90 View Post
    Where are these other two gates??? Or is this suppose to be metaphoric in relation to them, Becuase there are only three in the image.
    I can see four, but they were being pushed together and falling.

    I checked the Chinese translation, it's the same - five.
     
         

  9. #34
    Senior Member blazekev90's Avatar
    Status
    blazekev90 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,754
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taijutsu Specialist
     

    Re: Orochimaru's Gates are the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlacLord View Post
    I can see four, but they were being pushed together and falling.

    I checked the Chinese translation, it's the same - five.
    There must be a mistake, if you look at the second gates structure at the top, it's width=two gates, whic is the same visual for Orochi's. There are only three on those images.
     
         

  10. #35
    Senior Member NarutoKage2's Avatar
    Status
    NarutoKage2 is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,785
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Orochimaru's Gates are the same.

    yeah its similar i have a theory that oro copied a lot of jutsus of the 1st this rashomon might be one of them.
     
         

  11. #36
    Things are looking up kira hamer34's Avatar
    Status
    hamer34 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    4,233
    Post Thanks / Like
    infinite ammo!
     

    Re: Orochimaru's Gates are the same.

    /gates
    i don't care
     
         

  12. #37
    Senior Member blazekev90's Avatar
    Status
    blazekev90 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,754
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taijutsu Specialist
     

    Re: Orochimaru's Gates are the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by NarutoKage2 View Post
    yeah its similar i have a theory that oro copied a lot of jutsus of the 1st this rashomon might be one of them.
    So you think this is a technique of the 1st Hokage?!
     
         

  13. #38
    ※ NB's Polymath ※ BlacLord's Avatar
    Status
    BlacLord is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan (Temp.)
    Posts
    7,749
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't judge me by your usual
    standards.
     

    Re: Orochimaru's Gates are the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by blazekev90 View Post
    There must be a mistake, if you look at the second gates structure at the top, it's width=two gates, whic is the same visual for Orochi's. There are only three on those images.
    I can see five now, in the lower picture although it's pretty unclear.

    As for the number, I suppose each individual gate has it's own contract, as Sakon could only summon one.
     
         

  14. #39
    Senior Member NarutoKage2's Avatar
    Status
    NarutoKage2 is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,785
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Orochimaru's Gates are the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by blazekev90 View Post
    So you think this is a technique of the 1st Hokage?!
    Well if you look at the bells and roof its virtually identical but i think hashis version had to have been stronger or kishi was trolling i mean ps sword plus a full bijuu dama and it doesnt incinerate on impact..? And oros version did even though it was against 4 tailed naruto. Maybe hashi had a stronger summon, you know like how gamakichi and gamabunta are both toads but bunta is stronger/bigger. If you want to know my theory a part of it is:
    oro found hashiramas scroll of jutsus, the one he carried with him on his back. Amongst other things, on it was the contract for summoning the rashommons, which oro signed his name on. When he fought naruto, at the chakra level he was at, he was only able to summon a lesser tier version of the rashommon defence. This also ties in with oros jutsu obssesion imo.
    Its a lot more but thats one part of it(the theory).
     
         

  15. #40
    Senior Member blazekev90's Avatar
    Status
    blazekev90 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,754
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taijutsu Specialist
     

    Re: Orochimaru's Gates are the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by NarutoKage2 View Post
    Well if you look at the bells and roof its virtually identical but i think hashis version had to have been stronger or kishi was trolling i mean ps sword plus a full bijuu dama and it doesnt incinerate on impact..? And oros version did even though it was against 4 tailed naruto. Maybe hashi had a stronger summon, you know like how gamakichi and gamabunta are both toads but bunta is stronger/bigger. If you want to know my theory a part of it is:
    oro found hashiramas scroll of jutsus, the one he carried with him on his back. Amongst other things, on it was the contract for summoning the rashommons, which oro signed his name on. When he fought naruto, at the chakra level he was at, he was only able to summon a lesser tier version of the rashommon defence. This also ties in with oros jutsu obssesion imo.
    Its a lot more but thats one part of it(the theory).
    See I don't think Orochimaru's gates failed, I think they were successful. As the description states, once it reaches the user the attack would have diminished. Looking at the image, the doors looked have opened and successfully went thru the process, as there were no remains of the gates present.

    Also, I do agree with his at that time chakra could/did have an effect of how many or the strength of the gates emerged.
     
         

  16. #41
    Senior Member blazekev90's Avatar
    Status
    blazekev90 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,754
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taijutsu Specialist
     

    Re: Orochimaru's Gates are the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlacLord View Post
    I can see five now, in the lower picture although it's pretty unclear.

    As for the number, I suppose each individual gate has it's own contract, as Sakon could only summon one.
    which photo? Where are these 5? That's all I'm asking
     
         

  17. #42
    Member
    Status
    yep is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    722
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obito > Hashirama only an
    idiot would disagree
     

    Re: Orochimaru's Gates are the same.

    Sakon could only summon one.
    nope, only a half
    no fool, Orochimaru was already at a weakened state (body rejected) and used body shed twice (uses a lot of chakra). Now, if you READ what the gates require, you will see that ONE alone requires a lot of chakra, three is OP.
    agreed
     
         

  18. #43
    Senior Member NarutoKage2's Avatar
    Status
    NarutoKage2 is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,785
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Orochimaru's Gates are the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by blazekev90 View Post
    See I don't think Orochimaru's gates failed, I think they were successful. As the description states, once it reaches the user the attack would have diminished. Looking at the image, the doors looked have opened and successfully went thru the process, as there were no remains of the gates present.

    Also, I do agree with his at that time chakra could/did have an effect of how many or the strength of the gates emerged.
    I just know that if it were the exact same gates hashi used, logically they should have been left standing after taking an impact from just a 4 tailed bijuudama. This was not the case since oro was shown upside down when the smoke cleared. Meaning that attack pushed through the defence. Everything else is conjecture but there is high possibility oro knew many of hashis jutsus.
     
         

  19. #44
    Penguin.'s Avatar
    Status
    Penguin. is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tobirama's God-like hair.
    Posts
    23,299
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best of the 2013 generation.
     

    Re: Orochimaru's Gates are the same.

    Hashi > orochimaru. That is why his gates are better.
     
         

  20. #45
    Things are looking up kira hamer34's Avatar
    Status
    hamer34 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    4,233
    Post Thanks / Like
    infinite ammo!
     

    Re: Orochimaru's Gates are the same.

    lee's gates are better than oro's and hashi's combined
     
         

  21. #46
    Apart Geval Jikukan's Avatar
    Status
    Jikukan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    334
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Orochimaru's Gates are the same.

    Hashi had five gates, just count the roofs on the second image,, just zoom in to 200 % or so
     
         

  22. #47
    Senior Member blazekev90's Avatar
    Status
    blazekev90 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,754
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taijutsu Specialist
     

    Re: Orochimaru's Gates are the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by NarutoKage2 View Post
    I just know that if it were the exact same gates hashi used, logically they should have been left standing after taking an impact from just a 4 tailed bijuudama. This was not the case since oro was shown upside down when the smoke cleared. Meaning that attack pushed through the defence. Everything else is conjecture but there is high possibility oro knew many of hashis jutsus.
    we also have to take into account plot, this was the cloak form first being introduced, so it had to be made extremely powerful.
     
         

  23. #48
    Senior Member blazekev90's Avatar
    Status
    blazekev90 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,754
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taijutsu Specialist
     

    Re: Orochimaru's Gates are the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jikukan View Post
    Hashi had five gates, just count the roofs on the second image,, just zoom in to 200 % or so
    it's 1 gate -_-
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •