Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Senior Member ~WastelandSociety~'s Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    War. War Never Changes

Re: Sleep Paralysis

I just remember waking up and not being able to move my arm/fingers.

But I could still move other parts of my body.

Sith Lord of the Lawyers Darthlawsuit's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Need additional Phylons

When some people sleep their body releases enough of a certain chemical to prevent ANY body movement. If you wake up abruptly then those chemicals may still be in effect.

I on the other hand can wake up at any point and get running thanks to my ADHD . I am also a chronic blanket stealer.

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not fond of peasants

Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    Ummm, I can explain....hey! Look at that over there!

*Jumps out a window*

Academy Student
    Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

yeah...I have and it sucks. It happens pretty often for me and at times I cant breath. You just have to create a system of breaking out. I wiggle one part of my body and then it like communicates to everything else. People understand what I mean when they have experienced the same thing.

Banned
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO

Yeah, this happened 2/3 times to me when I was attempting to become a lucid dreamer.

I don't think I've been more terrified in my life, it's unimaginable fear of something, and in my case it's a shadowy figure you can never focus on, and it gets closer constantly whilst never reaching me; then screams and I wake up.

A good way to break out of paralysis is to concentrate all your energy wiggling a toe or finger, the outermost extremities are least affected by it and once you move and your body realizes you're not asleep any longer, you "break out of it"

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Chem View Post
    Yeah, this happened 2/3 times to me when I was attempting to become a lucid dreamer.

I don't think I've been more terrified in my life, it's unimaginable fear of something, and in my case it's a shadowy figure you can never focus on, and it gets closer constantly whilst never reaching me; then screams and I wake up.

A good way to break out of paralysis is to concentrate all your energy wiggling a toe or finger, the outermost extremities are least affected by it and once you move and your body realizes you're not asleep any longer, you "break out of it"
    I tried something once, when I knew I was awake but couldn't move, I let myself fall back into the dream I was slowly waking from and then just flung myself upright. I scared my cats to death but I got out of it quickly.

lol I can also read in my sleep (actually read words, they are not jumble and my dreams are brightly colored). It's sort of weird.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I have only just recently heard of this phenomenon and from I read around the internet it seems pretty common with the prime cause being disruption in sleep pattern. I've never experienced it myself but it's pretty interesting when someone talks about it and I'm intrigued that most experiences seems to be that of fear, I wonder why that is?

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Zer0 Day

Happened to me before.Now more frequently,as I am trying out astral projection.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Squizing my Nipples.

I iz a doktor so listan 2 me, u haz 2 chop of yo legs *****h.
    I repeat i iz dokteur.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

I lived on my own for a couple of months in a appartment. There, I had my first and last sleep paralysis.
    Nowadays, my older cousin lives in that same appartment and I moved back in my mom's place.
    My cousin told me he mainly avoids his bedroom since he feels a unpleasant presence..

and he asked me if I felt the same.. Only when he mentioned it, I realized I had the same experiences in that bedroom but never even considered it to be something paranormal.. the things he described where exactly the same things I experienced. Hearing footsteps at night, a odd, unpleasant feeling like something was leering at you and such.
    And we both had our first sleep paralysis in that room.

My sleep paralysis was a bit intense and unexpected. I woke up, body stiffened, couldn't move an inch and I had this weird phenomenon..which felt like a huge waterfall crashed inside my head.. My ears where ringing like crazy and I saw a blue light that seemed to be on my forehead..

All I can say to that is . . . Weird sh1t is weird.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It happened to me. I was dreaming with a demon/devil and when I woke up, startled, I couldn't move at all, as if something was holding me. It was some scary shit, not gonna lie.

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not fond of peasants

I lived on my own for a couple of months in a appartment. There, I had my first and last sleep paralysis.
    Nowadays, my older cousin lives in that same appartment and I moved back in my mom's place.
    My cousin told me he mainly avoids his bedroom since he feels a unpleasant presence..

and he asked me if I felt the same.. Only when he mentioned it, I realized I had the same experiences in that bedroom but never even considered it to be something paranormal.. the things he described where exactly the same things I experienced. Hearing footsteps at night, a odd, unpleasant feeling like something was leering at you and such.

My sleep paralysis was a bit intense and unexpected. I woke up, body stiffened, couldn't move an inch and I had this weird phenomenon..which felt like a huge waterfall crashed inside my head.. My ears where ringing like crazy and I saw a blue light that seemed to be on my forehead..

My first experience was that I could see a white wisp of some sort at the end of my room. The unpleasant feeling wasn't there as in my other experiences. My second was creepy as ****. I heard this deep voice mumbling and I was struggling to move. Very terrifying. My third experience kinda felt like an out of body experience to an extent. I can't quite remember. My fourth was SCARY AS FUCK. I heard something move and then suddenly I heard a menacing growl, no lie. I could feel the presence in my room. I closed my eyes not wanting to see what was possibly there. Brings me to another thing, nearly all times, I could blink my eyes even though I couldn't move my body. Of course all of it was not real but still.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSlick View Post
    My first experience was that I could see a white wisp of some sort at the end of my room. The unpleasant feeling wasn't there as in my other experiences. My second was creepy as ****. I heard this deep voice mumbling and I was struggling to move. Very terrifying. My third experience kinda felt like an out of body experience to an extent. I can't quite remember. My fourth was SCARY AS FUCK. I heard something move and then suddenly I heard a menacing growl, no lie. I could feel the presence in my room. I closed my eyes not wanting to see what was possibly there. Brings me to another thing, nearly all times, I could blink my eyes even though I couldn't move my body. Of course all of it was not real but still.
    interesting 0_0 I also could blink my eyelids but that's about it.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I thought something like this was posted before.

Quote Originally Posted by Detective L View Post
    Happened to me before.Now more frequently,as I am trying out astral projection.
    You think it works?

Those experiences sound extremely terrifying.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

interesting 0_0 I also could blink my eyelids but that's about it.
    What about seeing your dream and reality at the same time? That's freaky, especially when you can't move!

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...

Haha, that stuff is the worst thing EVER I suffer from it, and I can tell with experience that it really is terrible. I've hallucinated huge spiders, people in my room staring at me, someone literally sitting on me, all kinds of stuff.

Tips: When it happens, try to scream as loud as you can. All that will come out is a grunt most likely, but it has worked for me.

Edit: Is lucid dreaming like a big deal? I'm pretty sure I do it every night :P

Last edited by jonsnow1991; 03-04-2013 at 03:46 AM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

Quote Originally Posted by Melanee View Post
    What about seeing your dream and reality at the same time? That's freaky, especially when you can't move!
    you mean lucid dreaming?

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I See The Truth

yep or half alseep to people think im insane when i mention it

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

Quote Originally Posted by jonsnow1991 View Post
    Haha, that stuff is the worst thing EVER I suffer from it, and I can tell with experience that it really is terrible. I've hallucinated huge spiders, people in my room staring at me, someone literally sitting on me, all kinds of stuff.

Tips: When it happens, try to scream as loud as you can. All that will come out is a grunt most likely, but it has worked for me.

That's being aware of the fact you're dreaming, and being capable of manipulating your dream. For example: Making a rasengan in your hand.. looks real

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not fond of peasants

Quote Originally Posted by jonsnow1991 View Post

I wish I could lucid dream. Then I'd be with lucid *****es 8 hours a day.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

lmao. A new level of forever alone-ness

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...

That's being aware of the fact you're dreaming, and being capable of manipulating your dream. For example: Making a rasengan in your hand.. looks real
    Then I don't see what the big deal is :/ This happens to me almost every night. It's probably why I don't sleep very well.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    :D

Well thank god i never had such a sleep paralysis a friend told me that it is horrible

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wheres my father?

Happened to me 6 times.
    Also one time like my 6th one - 2 days ago I couldn't move and when I finally could I sat straight up and Idk if it was my mind or something but something pushed me right the ef back down and I couldn't move again.

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not fond of peasants

Quote Originally Posted by ARandomBlackKid View Post
    Happened to me 6 times.
    Also one time like my 6th one - 2 days ago I couldn't move and when I finally could I sat straight up and Idk if it was my mind or something but something pushed me right the ef back down and I couldn't move again.
    Holy shit, that's scary.

Page 2 of 2 « First 12