Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»
Results 21 to 40 of 50
  1. #21
    Senior Member rollin's Avatar
    Status
    rollin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,774
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sleep Paralysis

    When it happens just start breathing harder so your mind thinks your body is awake and you'll wake up
     
         

  2. #22
    Senior Member cptenn94's Avatar
    Status
    cptenn94 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,757
    Takin it easy
     

    Re: Sleep Paralysis

    I have had it happen only a few times. But when it did the first time i was like, ok, why am i not moving? Why is there this pressure on my body. Then after that i was like whatever, and actually found it kinda cool. Sometimes when i am trying to fall asleep, i get the pressure but can still freely move.
     
         

  3. #23
    Sexy Jutsu! Fuxion's Avatar
    Status
    Fuxion is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    376
    Location
    FloWahDAH
    #TYBG
     

    Re: Sleep Paralysis

    Happend to me about 7 or 8 times in the past 2 years.
    The very first time it happened I woke up on my back and ofc couldn't move. At that moment I heard what I thought was my floor creaking looked over and there was a black shadowish figure leaning over me, looking down at me.
    I freaked out and immediately snapped out of it and started a barrage of fist into it and ran out the door lol.
     
         

  4. #24
    Scathach YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    11,615
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    Sun Gazing, Peripheral Blazing
     

     
         

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Status
    Melanee is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,762
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sleep Paralysis

    Happened to me often after my grandparents died. First time it scared me, next few times it got annoying and I would force myself to break out of it and move my body. You have to breathe harder and I even remember turning myself on my side, feeling like I had weights strapped to my back. Odd feeling...
     
         

  6. #26
    Senior Member ~WastelandSociety~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~WastelandSociety~ is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,487
    Location
    Greece
    War. War Never Changes
     

    Re: Sleep Paralysis

    I just remember waking up and not being able to move my arm/fingers.

    But I could still move other parts of my body.
     
         

  7. #27
    Sith Lord of the Lawyers Darthlawsuit's Avatar
    Status
    Darthlawsuit is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,532
    Need additional Phylons
     

    Re: Sleep Paralysis

    When some people sleep their body releases enough of a certain chemical to prevent ANY body movement. If you wake up abruptly then those chemicals may still be in effect.

    I on the other hand can wake up at any point and get running thanks to my ADHD . I am also a chronic blanket stealer.
     
         

  8. #28
    Banned
    Status
    SilverSlick is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,383
    Location
    Nahhhhh
    I'm not fond of peasants
     

    Re: Sleep Paralysis

    Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    Ummm, I can explain....hey! Look at that over there!

    *Jumps out a window*
     
         

  9. #29
    Academy Student
    Status
    DAMFOOL is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    19
    Location
    Texas
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sleep Paralysis

    yeah...I have and it sucks. It happens pretty often for me and at times I cant breath. You just have to create a system of breaking out. I wiggle one part of my body and then it like communicates to everything else. People understand what I mean when they have experienced the same thing.
     
         

  10. #30
    Banned
    Status
    Cpt Long Schlong is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,140
    Location
    England
    NO
     

    Re: Sleep Paralysis

    Yeah, this happened 2/3 times to me when I was attempting to become a lucid dreamer.

    I don't think I've been more terrified in my life, it's unimaginable fear of something, and in my case it's a shadowy figure you can never focus on, and it gets closer constantly whilst never reaching me; then screams and I wake up.

    A good way to break out of paralysis is to concentrate all your energy wiggling a toe or finger, the outermost extremities are least affected by it and once you move and your body realizes you're not asleep any longer, you "break out of it"
     
         

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Status
    Melanee is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,762
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sleep Paralysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Chem View Post
    Yeah, this happened 2/3 times to me when I was attempting to become a lucid dreamer.

    I don't think I've been more terrified in my life, it's unimaginable fear of something, and in my case it's a shadowy figure you can never focus on, and it gets closer constantly whilst never reaching me; then screams and I wake up.

    A good way to break out of paralysis is to concentrate all your energy wiggling a toe or finger, the outermost extremities are least affected by it and once you move and your body realizes you're not asleep any longer, you "break out of it"
    I tried something once, when I knew I was awake but couldn't move, I let myself fall back into the dream I was slowly waking from and then just flung myself upright. I scared my cats to death but I got out of it quickly.

    lol I can also read in my sleep (actually read words, they are not jumble and my dreams are brightly colored). It's sort of weird.
     
         

  12. #32
    Elite Shop Owner Tenrou's Avatar
    Status
    Tenrou is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    57
    Location
    Soul Society
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sleep Paralysis

    I have only just recently heard of this phenomenon and from I read around the internet it seems pretty common with the prime cause being disruption in sleep pattern. I've never experienced it myself but it's pretty interesting when someone talks about it and I'm intrigued that most experiences seems to be that of fear, I wonder why that is?
     
         

  13. #33
    Detective L's Avatar
    Status
    Detective L is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    10,760
    Location
    Ferelden - Hinterlands
    Jana is the best of the best
    of the best of the best.
     



    Re: Sleep Paralysis

    Happened to me before.Now more frequently,as I am trying out astral projection.
     
         

  14. #34
    I Am Wumbo. Wumbo's Avatar
    Status
    Wumbo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    618
    Squizing my Nipples.
     

    Re: Sleep Paralysis

    I iz a doktor so listan 2 me, u haz 2 chop of yo legs *****h.
    I repeat i iz dokteur.
     
         

  15. #35
    Scathach YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    11,615
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    Sun Gazing, Peripheral Blazing
     

    Re: Sleep Paralysis

    I lived on my own for a couple of months in a appartment. There, I had my first and last sleep paralysis.
    Nowadays, my older cousin lives in that same appartment and I moved back in my mom's place.
    My cousin told me he mainly avoids his bedroom since he feels a unpleasant presence..

    and he asked me if I felt the same.. Only when he mentioned it, I realized I had the same experiences in that bedroom but never even considered it to be something paranormal.. the things he described where exactly the same things I experienced. Hearing footsteps at night, a odd, unpleasant feeling like something was leering at you and such.
    And we both had our first sleep paralysis in that room.

    My sleep paralysis was a bit intense and unexpected. I woke up, body stiffened, couldn't move an inch and I had this weird phenomenon..which felt like a huge waterfall crashed inside my head.. My ears where ringing like crazy and I saw a blue light that seemed to be on my forehead..

    All I can say to that is . . . Weird sh1t is weird.
     
         

  16. #36
    Member PhazoN's Avatar
    Status
    PhazoN is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    313
    Location
    Portugal
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sleep Paralysis

    It happened to me. I was dreaming with a demon/devil and when I woke up, startled, I couldn't move at all, as if something was holding me. It was some scary shit, not gonna lie.
     
         

  17. #37
    Banned
    Status
    SilverSlick is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,383
    Location
    Nahhhhh
    I'm not fond of peasants
     

    Re: Sleep Paralysis

    Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    I lived on my own for a couple of months in a appartment. There, I had my first and last sleep paralysis.
    Nowadays, my older cousin lives in that same appartment and I moved back in my mom's place.
    My cousin told me he mainly avoids his bedroom since he feels a unpleasant presence..

    and he asked me if I felt the same.. Only when he mentioned it, I realized I had the same experiences in that bedroom but never even considered it to be something paranormal.. the things he described where exactly the same things I experienced. Hearing footsteps at night, a odd, unpleasant feeling like something was leering at you and such.
    And we both had our first sleep paralysis in that room.

    My sleep paralysis was a bit intense and unexpected. I woke up, body stiffened, couldn't move an inch and I had this weird phenomenon..which felt like a huge waterfall crashed inside my head.. My ears where ringing like crazy and I saw a blue light that seemed to be on my forehead..

    All I can say to that is . . . Weird sh1t is weird.
    My first experience was that I could see a white wisp of some sort at the end of my room. The unpleasant feeling wasn't there as in my other experiences. My second was creepy as ****. I heard this deep voice mumbling and I was struggling to move. Very terrifying. My third experience kinda felt like an out of body experience to an extent. I can't quite remember. My fourth was SCARY AS FUCK. I heard something move and then suddenly I heard a menacing growl, no lie. I could feel the presence in my room. I closed my eyes not wanting to see what was possibly there. Brings me to another thing, nearly all times, I could blink my eyes even though I couldn't move my body. Of course all of it was not real but still.
     
         

  18. #38
    Scathach YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    11,615
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    Sun Gazing, Peripheral Blazing
     

    Re: Sleep Paralysis

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSlick View Post
    My first experience was that I could see a white wisp of some sort at the end of my room. The unpleasant feeling wasn't there as in my other experiences. My second was creepy as ****. I heard this deep voice mumbling and I was struggling to move. Very terrifying. My third experience kinda felt like an out of body experience to an extent. I can't quite remember. My fourth was SCARY AS FUCK. I heard something move and then suddenly I heard a menacing growl, no lie. I could feel the presence in my room. I closed my eyes not wanting to see what was possibly there. Brings me to another thing, nearly all times, I could blink my eyes even though I couldn't move my body. Of course all of it was not real but still.
    interesting 0_0 I also could blink my eyelids but that's about it.
     
         

  19. #39
    Member AngryRock's Avatar
    Status
    AngryRock is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    845
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sleep Paralysis

    Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    I thought something like this was posted before.

    Quote Originally Posted by Detective L View Post
    Happened to me before.Now more frequently,as I am trying out astral projection.
    You think it works?

    Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    I lived on my own for a couple of months in a appartment. There, I had my first and last sleep paralysis.
    Nowadays, my older cousin lives in that same appartment and I moved back in my mom's place.
    My cousin told me he mainly avoids his bedroom since he feels a unpleasant presence..

    and he asked me if I felt the same.. Only when he mentioned it, I realized I had the same experiences in that bedroom but never even considered it to be something paranormal.. the things he described where exactly the same things I experienced. Hearing footsteps at night, a odd, unpleasant feeling like something was leering at you and such.
    And we both had our first sleep paralysis in that room.

    My sleep paralysis was a bit intense and unexpected. I woke up, body stiffened, couldn't move an inch and I had this weird phenomenon..which felt like a huge waterfall crashed inside my head.. My ears where ringing like crazy and I saw a blue light that seemed to be on my forehead..

    All I can say to that is . . . Weird sh1t is weird.

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSlick View Post
    My first experience was that I could see a white wisp of some sort at the end of my room. The unpleasant feeling wasn't there as in my other experiences. My second was creepy as ****. I heard this deep voice mumbling and I was struggling to move. Very terrifying. My third experience kinda felt like an out of body experience to an extent. I can't quite remember. My fourth was SCARY AS FUCK. I heard something move and then suddenly I heard a menacing growl, no lie. I could feel the presence in my room. I closed my eyes not wanting to see what was possibly there. Brings me to another thing, nearly all times, I could blink my eyes even though I couldn't move my body. Of course all of it was not real but still.
    Those experiences sound extremely terrifying.
     
         

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Status
    Melanee is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,762
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sleep Paralysis

    Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    interesting 0_0 I also could blink my eyelids but that's about it.
    What about seeing your dream and reality at the same time? That's freaky, especially when you can't move!
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •