Page 11 of 24 « First ... 78910111213141521 ... Last»
    Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Writing some stuff... It's a
    surprise...

Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [March 2013]

Quote Originally Posted by Parakoopatv View Post
    Lets just say it's a little corrupt...but it's good..
    Aren't all politics/politicians these days.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bringing TV to you

I know my brother....i know....but lucky WE GOT ANIME

The Aspiring Writer ItachiLeeHatake's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a drag...

I'm going to check out Hellhound by that chakrawizardIforgotthenumbers guy. It seems to be an original story that consists of a grand adventure, which I love.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're here.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiLeeHatake View Post
    I'm going to check out Hellhound by that chakrawizardIforgotthenumbers guy. It seems to be an original story that consists of a grand adventure, which I love.
    Check it out its pretty good oh and it's EVILwizard

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN

Final Thoughts about this month's ff's:

Note: I only read the first chapter of everyone's. I didn't judge on just one thing but multiple things.

Skylar: Yours was rather short and I expected more from it.

Parakoopatv: Over all the grammar wasn't that great. Didn't have a good amount of detail and the "....." were highly annoying to me.

izangi54: Too short for my taste, especially for a first chapter. Grammar was terrible! Did you misspell "die" on purpose or just to build up suspense? Again the "....." was annoying not just in yours but others as well. WTH was "ker (??)" about? I was thinking that maybe the ?? would have been explained at the bottom as people use a reference guide to explain more but it's normally followed by a number.

doublea4d: Your's wasn't bad, but it lacked detail and was rather short for my liking.

ItachiLeeHatake: Yours was a good length, but lacked detail for my liking. Saw the annoying "...." again (at this point I was fed up with all the damn "...." I had seen with everyone's.) There were a few spelling errors and your story gave me false hope when I saw "Itachi's" name. -_- How cruel! (lol)

Fasterthanwind: I was pleased to see a novel style of writing, instead of the many scripts that had been entered. Your story was a good size, however you had some run on sentences. You must ask yourself when is a good stopping point sometimes. Also there was one sentence that was missing a punctuation at the end of it, that I caught anyways. I hoped for more detail, but I set the bar for detail high.

Uzumai16: Detail was good enough (lol), but I really wished for more. Length was short "ish" and you know I'm not a fan of anime based ff's.

Chakra: You would have gotten my vote if you didn't use so many "...." Your detail caught my eye a bit more and your grammar was good.

Uzumaki16 got my vote in the end

Ok now the "...."'s are used when inserting a pause, to build drama or to collect a thought, ect. However seeing it every damn sentence or every other was really annoying! Also please, please, please check over your writing guys! It only takes a few moments to read over your work to make sure it's good, especially when you are working with other people on it!

The thing is when I say "lacks detail" I want a picture to be painted in front of my eyes. Get my interest up enough to WANT to read your works. Script writing is a very tricky format to master this as you have to add it all in the right times. Too much detail and it becomes boring, but not enough detail and it's just as boring. Detail is a very important aspect with writing. You have to assume that your writer doesn't know jack about the character's or even the setting. You can't just treat the reader like a child and tell them this or that happened, but you have to explain it to them! That's how we understand what's going on and the detail sucks us into the stories. However I felt none of that with any to be honest. I don't mean to be a b!tch or anything but I wasn't happy with the works, but I'm not happy with my own either; so don't let that discourage you.

Don't take my words as a kick to the chest or anything, but learn from them! Go back and see your errors and make sure you understand why it's an error or you will continue to fall into the same pattern over and over again.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trying to balance work and
    school while writing in my
    spare time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra73 View Post
    Check it out its pretty good oh and it's chakrawizard555
    Appreciate it, guys And, unfortunately, I'm probably going to discontinue it, just so I can come back to it and actually use it for something in the real world. Sorry if that's bad news

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a drag...

Check it out its pretty good oh and it's EVILwizard
    LOL thanks for the correction, bro. Oh yeah, I could've just scrolled to the top to see his username...Oops. Oh well. *shrug*

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're here.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneChick View Post

Note: I only read the first chapter of everyone's. I didn't judge on just one thing but multiple things.

Parakoopatv: Over all the grammar wasn't that great. Didn't have a good amount of detail and the "....." were highly annoying to me.

izangi54: Too short for my taste, especially for a first chapter. Grammar was terrible! Did you misspell "die" on purpose or just to build up suspense? Again the "....." was annoying not just in yours but others as well. WTH was "ker (??)" about? I was thinking that maybe the ?? would have been explained at the bottom as people use a reference guide to explain more but it's normally followed by a number.

doublea4d: Your's wasn't bad, but it lacked detail and was rather short for my liking.

ItachiLeeHatake: Yours was a good length, but lacked detail for my liking. Saw the annoying "...." again (at this point I was fed up with all the damn "...." I had seen with everyone's.) There were a few spelling errors and your story gave me false hope when I saw "Itachi's" name. -_- How cruel! (lol)

Fasterthanwind: I was pleased to see a novel style of writing, instead of the many scripts that had been entered. Your story was a good size, however you had some run on sentences. You must ask yourself when is a good stopping point sometimes. Also there was one sentence that was missing a punctuation at the end of it, that I caught anyways. I hoped for more detail, but I set the bar for detail high.

Uzumai16: Detail was good enough (lol), but I really wished for more. Length was short "ish" and you know I'm not a fan of anime based ff's.

Chakra: You would have gotten my vote if you didn't use so many "...." Your detail caught my eye a bit more and your grammar was good.

Ok now the "...."'s are used when inserting a pause, to build drama or to collect a thought, ect. However seeing it every damn sentence or every other was really annoying! Also please, please, please check over your writing guys! It only takes a few moments to read over your work to make sure it's good, especially when you are working with other people on it!

The thing is when I say "lacks detail" I want a picture to be painted in front of my eyes. Get my interest up enough to WANT to read your works. Script writing is a very tricky format to master this as you have to add it all in the right times. Too much detail and it becomes boring, but not enough detail and it's just as boring. Detail is a very important aspect with writing. You have to assume that your writer doesn't know jack about the character's or even the setting. You can't just treat the reader like a child and tell them this or that happened, but you have to explain it to them! That's how we understand what's going on and the detail sucks us into the stories. However I felt none of that with any to be honest. I don't mean to be a b!tch or anything but I wasn't happy with the works, but I'm not happy with my own either; so don't let that discourage you.

Don't take my words as a kick to the chest or anything, but learn from them! Go back and see your errors and make sure you understand why it's an error or you will continue to fall into the same pattern over and over again.
    Heed her words everybody......please....
    Quote Originally Posted by chakrawizard555 View Post
    Appreciate it, guys And, unfortunately, I'm probably going to discontinue it, just so I can come back to it and actually use it for something in the real world. Sorry if that's bad news
    and it's not bro understandable
    LOL thanks for the correction, bro. Oh yeah, I could've just scrolled to the top to see his username...Oops. Oh well. *shrug*
    No

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN

*speck of dust left fluttering where Chakrawizard once stood* I'd have to go back and look, but what was it? And if it's the lack of dialogue specification, I've told most people before that I do that because nobody else does, so it's like my own writing style, in a sense.
    I see, I wasn't aware of that, and it's a shame that almost everyone that entered had those same annoying dots. Had it been just yours then whatever, but I was fed up when I got to yours.

@Cobra hopefully they will.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    spare time.

I see, I wasn't aware of that, and it's a shame that almost everyone that entered had those same annoying dots. Had it been just yours then whatever, but I was fed up when I got to yours.
    Oh, alright, then. That's usually the complaint that most people have.

Well, that's no fair ..... It's all good. Just a contest But, you gotta admit, though. "..." 's make everything more epic-sounding:D

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN

Oh, alright, then. That's usually the complaint that most people have.

Well, that's no fair ..... It's all good. Just a contest But, you gotta admit, though. "..." 's make everything more epic-sounding:D
    No, not really. I hate pauses and I'm impatient. The only time I enjoy it is to build drama and in certain situations.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're here.

@Cobra hopefully they will.
    You're a MF'in legend here we noobs worship you -bows down- they better listen

Well since TOC gave a crit I'm kinda feeling like giving a very very rare Cobra crit I can be harsh....at times.... hm I might

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a drag...

[COLOR="#4B0082"]

Ouch! I feel like I just got shanked, figuratively, of course. Your feedback didn't crush my confidence that much though. As I have told other people, my goal regarding writings FFs is to solely entertain the readers; I don't care much for professioanlism (don't know if that's a word or not).
    Although the fact that LonelyAssassin has drawn my characters for me is my excuse for not describing their appearances. I'm waiting for LA to obtain a new scanner, so that he can upload the drawings for me.
    LOL sorry for misleading you. However, Itachi Uzumaki is worthy of his namesake. :D

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN

You're a MF'in legend here we noobs worship you -bows down- they better listen

Well since TOC gave a crit I'm kinda feeling like giving a very very rare Cobra crit I can be harsh....at times....mm I might
    I'm not a legend and I wouldn't call writers noobs that's just mean.

@Itachi it's not just about the description I just can't stand script writing to be honest. However I took that into account as well (how hard it is to add description compared to novel format) and I didn't mean to sound so harsh, but I'm even harsher with my own works than the above crit or any of the crits I have given other people.

Last edited by ThatOneChick; 03-14-2013 at 02:34 AM.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    spare time.

No, not really. I hate pauses and I'm impatient. The only time I enjoy it is to build drama and in certain situations.
    Well yeah, I HAVE been working on THAT. Y'know, using it only in those few cases. Problem with me is that I tend to write in such a way that I feel like I'm making too many opportunities to insert those dots into the text, ...y'know, cause everything I write is so epic every step of the way, after all

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN

Well yeah, I HAVE been working on THAT. Y'know, using it only in those few cases. Problem with me is that I tend to write in such a way that I feel like I'm making too many opportunities to insert those dots into the text, ...y'know, cause everything I write is so epic every step of the way, after all
    It's sounds epic as you're writing it, I get that. All caught up within the moment, but sadly the reader doesn't always grasp that same frame of mind that us writer's use.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're here.

@Itachi it's not just about the description I just can't stand script writing to be honest. However I took that into account as well (how hard it is to add description compared to novel format) and I didn't mean to sound so harsh, but I'm even harsher with my own works than the above crit or any of the crits I have given other people.
    You are a legend just accept the fact Lord Fiona -bows again- well then I'm still the noob then lol despite you guys say I'm getting better

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    spare time.

It's sounds epic as you're writing it, I get that. All caught up within the moment, but sadly the reader doesn't always grasp that same frame of mind that us writer's use.
    Ain't that the truth? :D

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN

You are a legend just accept the fact Lord Fiona -bows again- well then I'm still the noob then lol despite you guys say I'm getting better
    *Shakes head* Stop Cobra! lol I will have to look into that and I'm sure you are improving. I never doubted you.

@Chakra yes, sadly lol

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a drag...

I choose to use that format because amateur readers are able to comprehend it much better than they would be able to with novel format. Also, no worries. I appreciate and understand your seemingly brutal critique.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN

I choose to use that format because amateur readers are able to comprehend it much better than they would be able to with novel format. Also, no worries. I appreciate and understand your seemingly brutal critique.
    lol I see reason with that. I understand and it's also more likely to be read as well.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're here.

*Shakes head* Stop Cobra! lol I will have to look into that and I'm sure you are improving. I never doubted you.

@Chakra yes, sadly lol
    stop what my lord
    lol I see reason with that. I understand and it's also more likely to be read as well.
    This be true

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN

stop what my lord

This be true
    I'm going to hurt you. -_-

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're here.

I'm going to hurt you. -_-
    Haha love you too TOC

The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

I think that's the other way around. lol
    I love everyone though...so that doesn't count. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleA49 View Post
    How about that legalization. Why would you legalize it as a weed smoker? Personally, as a future politician (yes, I know what I said. PM if you have a problem or questions about that) or economist, legalizing would be the best possible thing for the state I live in.
    It would be the best thing for any economy. Everyone smokes weed, from the wealthiest to the homeless. In fact, it's a saying in my area that if someone doesn't drink alcohol or smoke weed, then you have to worry about what it is they are doing. Not only would it help the economy, but less people would want to try crazy drugs if a safe one was legal. Alcohol being the only drug that's legal is really leading to illegal activities.

If you make something illegal, then all you've done is create a black market for it.

This never gets old...I don't know why, but I'm not that good at this. I talk about more general stuff I guess. You really do a great job at critiquing, Fi. ^_^