Status
    Dec 2012
    Writing some stuff... It's a
    surprise...

Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [March 2013]

Fanfictions good.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Imagine paradise, now think of the furthest thing from it, and I'm in the place furthest from that.
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Netsui View Post
    Reborn! I missed you. I was shocked to see you didn't enter this month. How are you? :D
    Yeah...NB FF is increasingly dissapointing so I've been moving away from it. I thought i said that already though

I'm just checking in with ppls

Status
    Dec 2009
    The Legendary Sage of Six
    Paths, coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylar Knight View Post
    I missed you, Michael, I missed you How have you been lately, fellow Norwegian? ^_^
    I've been great actually Hva med deg?

Quote Originally Posted by Netsui View Post
    Michael! Hi! :D How are you?
    I'm great! :D The only thing missing for me at the moment is some super fast writing ability, but other than that, simply great ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    You are dead to me...

...not really, I just like saying that. ^_^
    Sam, you always were a funny guy. Speaking of which, I just saw you on tv O__O Yeah, I've finally got my hands on season 5, so time to catch up, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzumaki16 View Post
    Sounds kinda creepy lol.
    But I am a creep

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Yeah...NB FF is increasingly dissapointing so I've been moving away from it. I thought i said that already though

Fiona told me U__U

But we're not letting you off that easily

Status
    Dec 2012
    Writing some stuff... It's a
    surprise...

I guess I am a new breed. I feel out of this completely (which I probably am)

Status
    Sep 2011
    The Lord is my light and my
    salvation; whom shall I fear?
    the Lord is the strength of my
    life; of whom shall I be
    afraid

We were all new once, then we got older in writing, and better at it. I reckon you will do the same. ^_^

I'm not old though >_>

Status
    Jan 2012
    Writer in Training! I have so
    much I want to write, but
    there's not enough hours in
    the day.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleA49 View Post
    I guess I am a new breed. I feel out of this completely (which I probably am)
    I think it takes time to get used to it. I forget how I was during my first contest. I don't think I talked that much. Then again, I didn't know many writers. It seems like once you meet a few writers that's when you really start getting into the discussion. :D

The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra73 View Post
    Hey guys what's good?

Quote Originally Posted by chakrawizard555 View Post
    If you can read this, ............just kidding xD
    What is this wizardry!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael92 View Post
    Sam, you always were a funny guy. Speaking of which, I just saw you on tv O__O Yeah, I've finally got my hands on season 5, so time to catch up, lol.
    I'm the resident comedian...someone has to do it. ^_^ Some really cool stuff went down in the last season, I can't wait for the next one.

I'm not old though >_>
    I doubt that matters much, since I've had to place the crown on you and take it from Germanicus it's not like anyone cares how long you've been writing. ^_^

Status
    Sep 2011
    life; of whom shall I be
    afraid

I doubt that matters much, since I've had to place the crown on you and take it from Germanicus it's not like anyone cares how long you've been writing. ^_^
    That's some dangerous talk there. I reckon its still with Germanicus.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

That's some dangerous talk there. I reckon its still with Germanicus.
    Well...Germanicus has a lot to learn, and he does some great stuff that's very impressive, but there's something missing from his work. I'm trying to put a finger on it, but it's just not happening for me. It's different, but similar to the wizard's problem. Same issue, but in a different way...though I do have to say that the wizard has it worse. ^_^

I think it's soul, feeling, emotion, whatever you want to call it. When I read your work, I get all the proper feelings that I should be getting, and in the right amounts too. Germanicus and Wizard are...Vulcan writers. I just decided that it should be called that. ^_^ There's a lack of emotion and mood setting in their style.

Note: I'm saying this to you, but I also want Germanicus and Wizard to read it as well. As is apparent, I don't have a problem with telling it like it is.

Random, drunken, somewhat stoned curve ball note: I'm wondering if you guys realize that I'm telling you the truth. I have nothing to gain by saying the things I do and trying to help like I do. A lot of times I wonder if you guys think I'm joking about some of the stuff I say...you should know I'm totally serious. ^_^ I simply give facts and tell you what's real, I promise that I've never lied about anything I've ever said and that it's all real (90% of the stuff I talk about is based off of experiences that I've actually had though).

Status
    Mar 2012
    Trying to balance work and
    school while writing in my
    spare time.

Well...Germanicus has a lot to learn, and he does some great stuff that's very impressive, but there's something missing from his work. I'm trying to put a finger on it, but it's just not happening for me. It's different, but similar to the wizard's problem. Same issue, but in a different way...though I do have to say that the wizard has it worse. ^_^

I think it's soul, feeling, emotion, whatever you want to call it. When I read your work, I get all the proper feelings that I should be getting, and in the right amounts too. Germanicus and Wizard are...Vulcan writers. I just decided that it should be called that. ^_^ There's a lack of emotion and mood setting in their style.

Note: I'm saying this to you, but I also want Germanicus and Wizard to read it as well. As is apparent, I don't have a problem with telling it like it is.

Random, drunken, somewhat stoned curve ball note: I'm wondering if you guys realize that I'm telling you the truth. I have nothing to gain by saying the things I do and trying to help like I do. A lot of times I wonder if you guys think I'm joking about some of the stuff I say...you should know I'm totally serious. ^_^ I simply give facts and tell you what's real, I promise that I've never lied about anything I've ever said and that it's all real (90% of the stuff I talk about is based off of experiences that I've actually had though).
    Well, at least for me, it's kind of a matter of time, man. Once you get a decent amount of chapters for a story out, it gets a little boring writing it and it almost becomes more like a job, particularly with people like me who frequently get ideas for new stories that are actually worth experimenting with. Happened to me with my Death Note FF, it's happening right now with Hellhound, and I actually just made a loophole to finish writing my Mutations OF for good, cause I completely lost interest in that one. You can probably see that some of my earlier chapters appear better written, just because at that time, it's still a fresh, new idea that I wanna write and enjoy writing. Either that, or it's because the earlier chapters are seen more as obstacles standing in your way of getting to the later, more interesting chapters, also happening to me with Hellhound.

That aside, no, man. I don't take any offense to it I'll be sure to work on that more:D

Last edited by Chakra Wizard; 03-12-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Status
    Sep 2011
    life; of whom shall I be
    afraid

Well, at least for me, it's kind of a matter of time, man. Once you get a decent amount of chapters for a story out, it gets a little boring writing it and it almost becomes more like a job, particularly with people like me who frequently get ideas for new stories that are actually worth experimenting with. Happened to me with my Death Note FF, it's happening right now with Hellhound, and I actually just made a loophole to finish writing my Mutations OF for good, cause I completely lost interest in that one. You can probably see that some of my earlier appear better written, just because at that time, it's still a fresh, new idea that I wanna write and enjoy writing. Either that, or it's because the earlier chapters are seen more as obstacles standing in your way of getting to the later, more interesting chapters, also happening to me with Hellhound.

That aside, no, man. I don't take any offense to it I'll be sure to work on that more:D
    Best way to motivate yourself-read a great story so awesome you can't wait to try to match up, even though you most likely won't. Trust me, it works. I'm reading Sherlock Holmes and Harry Potter and I'm putting out 2 or 3 chaps a week. :scorps: I feel like writing one now lol.

Status
    Dec 2009
    The Legendary Sage of Six
    Paths, coming soon.

Is it true that Reborn and Toc are shelving the collaboration FF idea they have?? O__o Fiona hinted at that when we talked yesterday

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

*Appears, votes, for Uzu, vanishes back into Spring Break.*

Status
    Jun 2012
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Well, at least for me, it's kind of a matter of time, man. Once you get a decent amount of chapters for a story out, it gets a little boring writing it and it almost becomes more like a job, particularly with people like me who frequently get ideas for new stories that are actually worth experimenting with. Happened to me with my Death Note FF, it's happening right now with Hellhound, and I actually just made a loophole to finish writing my Mutations OF for good, cause I completely lost interest in that one. You can probably see that some of my earlier appear better written, just because at that time, it's still a fresh, new idea that I wanna write and enjoy writing. Either that, or it's because the earlier chapters are seen more as obstacles standing in your way of getting to the later, more interesting chapters, also happening to me with Hellhound.

Very common problem. ^

Best way to motivate yourself-read a great story so awesome you can't wait to try to match up, even though you most likely won't. Trust me, it works. I'm reading Sherlock Holmes and Harry Potter and I'm putting out 2 or 3 chaps a week. :scorps: I feel like writing one now lol.
    One of the many solutions to it. ^

Actually, the real solution to all these sorts of issues is mindset. Yes, it gets really freakin' hard, that's why you need something to make it fun and keep it exciting all the time (classic reason why stereotypical writers drink and smoke).

Uzu has the right attitude, he can literally decide to go write his book right now. Wizard and Germanicus, while you're both highly skilled, maybe even more so than Uzu, neither of you has the proper attitude towards it. It's the same reason why TOC will never be able to write a book and publish it, the same reason why no one can. In order to do something serious like be an author, then you first must have Uzu's attitude.

Just to clarify for those that are curious, yes, I'm still saying the same things I've been saying since day one, nothing's changed except how I say it. ^_^ Eventually I'm hoping I'll say it one more time in the right way for everyone to finally understand. I wonder if Uzu understands what I'm saying or not... ^_^

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post

I hear ya
    I've been great actually Hva med deg?

I'm great! :D The only thing missing for me at the moment is some super fast writing ability, but other than that, simply great ^^

But I am a creep

Fiona told me U__U

But we're not letting you off that easily
    Yeah but who knows what's going through his mind.
    Is it true that Reborn and Toc are shelving the collaboration FF idea they have?? O__o Fiona hinted at that when we talked yesterday
    Depends on Reborn really. I've been thinking about working on something to actually buckle down and publish ....one day. *shrugs* Who knows really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
    *Appears, votes, for Uzu, vanishes back into Spring Break.*
    Hope you have a great spring break!

Edit: To prove you wrong Sam I WILL get something published! I've had three poems published already so I'm on the right track.

@Chakra I feel your pain but sometimes you must think how can I make this interesting again? German and Chakra you must have that passion in your stories! Keep it a flame and run with it!

Last edited by ThatOneChick; 03-12-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Dont blink...

I always find that the intro chapters are the hardest for me to write since I cant seem to portray the right mood to suit the situation, be it intense or light-hearted. I guess I might attribute it to lack of interest in developing the opening since it is sort of tedious trying to build the setting and character's personalities.

Most of the time my mind is far ahead into the plot, creating several situations and playing them out like I would want them to be. You could even tell that my writing gains more feeling as it gets to the later chapters. So when I write the intros, my mind is usually on auto-pilot just to get done with them. (I actually wrote the first 2-3 chapters from my own FF in only a few hours!)

However, I think it will eventually clear up in time.

About Nukes and stuff: Oh crap! I live right near an air force base and a nuclear power plant!

Last edited by fastrthnwind; 03-12-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by fastrthnwind View Post
    I always find that the intro chapters are the hardest for me to write since I cant seem to portray the right mood to suit the situation, be it intense or light-hearted. I guess I might attribute it to lack of interest in developing the opening since it is sort of tedious trying to build the setting and character's personalities.

Most of the time my mind is far ahead into the plot, creating several situations and playing them out like I would want them to be. You could even tell that my writing gains more feeling as it gets to the later chapters. So when I write the intros, my mind is usually on auto-pilot just to get done with them. (I actually wrote the first 2-3 chapters from my own FF in only a few hours!)

However, I think it will eventually clear up in time.

About Nukes and stuff: Oh crap! I live right near an air force base and a nuclear power plant!
    I live next to our largest naval base and a nuclear plant so don't feel bad. I doubt anything will happen though. We'd shoot down any threat before it can make contact.

On topic:
    Don't think too much into what you are writing, but how you are writing. Let your feelings flow into your words and put yourself in the characters shoes. Once you can truly feel their pain, ect then you're golden. I know it's hard to not rush things, but slow them down. ^_^

Last edited by ThatOneChick; 03-12-2013 at 05:25 PM.