Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Lord is my light and my
    salvation; whom shall I fear?
    the Lord is the strength of my
    life; of whom shall I be
    afraid

Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [March 2013]

Thanks for the vote Germanicus :scorps: Enjoy spring break.

S. Train, who did you vote for? O_o Trying to account for all the votes. Let's see...

There's chakra and German for me so that's 2
    I voted for chakra so that's 3 votes now.
    Who are these other 17 people who voted? O_o

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trying to make my dream of
    getting published a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzumaki16 View Post
    Thanks for the vote Germanicus :scorps: Enjoy spring break.

S. Train, who did you vote for? O_o Trying to account for all the votes. Let's see...

There's chakra and German for me so that's 2
    I voted for chakra so that's 3 votes now.
    Who are these other 17 people who voted? O_o
    You did? Thank you!

Don't worry about it, man. There's not much point in trying to track them all down

Last edited by Chakra Wizard; 03-12-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps I'll remember to vote this time. This is a post no one will reply to, since I'm taboo to all the members here in FF

Last edited by Yαмα; 03-12-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Writing some stuff... It's a
    surprise...

Quote Originally Posted by chakrawizard555 View Post
    You did? Thank you!

Don't worry about it, man. There's not much point in trying to track them all down
    Predictions for the winners (not it any order):

Uzumaki16
    ChakraWizard
    SkylarKnight

Runnerups:
    Me (I wish)/ILH

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pekoms could be the best mod
    ever.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleA49 View Post

Uzumaki16
    ChakraWizard
    SkylarKnight

Runnerups:
    Me (I wish)/ILH
    I voted for you. By the way, WHEN IS THE NEXT CHAPTER COMING? jus wonderin.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    surprise...

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin2640 View Post
    I voted for you. By the way, WHEN IS THE NEXT CHAPTER COMING? jus wonderin.
    Thanks! Probably next Monday. I will be releasing two chapters. One of my current FF and one of my side project.

The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneChick View Post
    Edit: To prove you wrong Sam I WILL get something published! I've had three poems published already so I'm on the right track.
    I apologize, I am at a loss for how to inspire and motivate women. ^_^ Men are easy, I just have to challenge them enough and even make them feel pathetic so that their manhood is offended and they step up to the plate. Women...I've tried and failed many times of late, but I have no idea what to say so that you turn into a monster of destruction and carnage. ^_^

It needs to be a burning desire though, it has to be something that you want more than anything. You have to bleed and die for it. You have to get angry...but not like an anger that dies out, but one that burns in your very soul until you've met that goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzumaki16 View Post
    I voted for the #1 writer on the base, who else? ^_^

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has derp status

Thanks! Probably next Monday. I will be releasing two chapters. One of my current FF and one of my side project.
    I really wish for you to win this time, you deserve an award

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    surprise...

Uzu, I don't know how, but with the votes I counted up....We're tied... And your fanfiction is extremely superb. I don't know how I'm contesting with your superior writing skills. Could it be the overall story? The descriptive fight scenes? I do however, need to increase my range of astounding (see what I did there) vocabulary.

Thanks a lot Sir Derp Obito!

Edit: When I say we're tied, I'm talking about four votes each and eight votes between us. The other two I accounted for are Chakra's and ILH's

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    I apologize, I am at a loss for how to inspire and motivate women. ^_^ Men are easy, I just have to challenge them enough and even make them feel pathetic so that their manhood is offended and they step up to the plate. Women...I've tried and failed many times of late, but I have no idea what to say so that you turn into a monster of destruction and carnage. ^_^

It needs to be a burning desire though, it has to be something that you want more than anything. You have to bleed and die for it. You have to get angry...but not like an anger that dies out, but one that burns in your very soul until you've met that goal.

I voted for the #1 writer on the base, who else? ^_^
    It's not that I do or don't want this. It's simply the fact that I have a lot to juggle at the moment and things seem to get in the way. However I've come to terms with myself and finally sat down and actually ended it. Now I'm just going back and adding things to increase length and clarifying on things that I have missed. I only have 42,618 words at the moment and I know I have to go back and correct a lot of things! That's by far the toughest part! I had the whole story plotted out since I started and well I'm running with it! Nothing will hold me back! Even if it does terrible, I still accomplished what I wanted to do in my life and I will be satisfied not feeling any regret!

I know what you're talking about Sam and it's true. You know me though..... lol

The Aspiring Writer ItachiLeeHatake's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a drag...

Uzumaki16
    ChakraWizard
    SkylarKnight

Runnerups:
    Me (I wish)/ILH
    Hmph! We'll see about that. Man, I'm looked at as an underdog in real life and in the virtual world. SMH. I do what I do for the sub-dominant people! You don't have to be in the dominant culture to succeed.
    I'm a more experienced writer than you people could fathom. It's just that I'm not "popular" on the base. Plus, I don't put even half as much effort into my FF as I do my novel, in which I have been working on. Thus, it's my fault for not having more fans, but oh well. *shrug*

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Uzumaki16
    ChakraWizard
    SkylarKnight

Runnerups:
    Me (I wish)/ILH
    Appreciate the enthusiasm, man, but not very likely

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

To be perfectly honest anyone has a shot this go round. It's rather depressing to read people putting themselves down or their works and annoying as well. We as writers should be pouring our souls into what we enjoy most! What's the point of doing something half assed? It's not going to help you become a better writer, you're only hurting yourself since you're taking away an opportunity to grow! There are no under dogs! You either give it your all or live with the fact that you weren't ready to step forward.

When I entered my first contest, I was the only one that was doing an Original fiction, but yet I succeeded. Could you guys please stop with the my work isn't good enough stuff or it could be better; ect. You're the writer! You make what you want happen so if you're not truly happy with it, then play around with it until you are excited to continue what you have done! We all have the potential to be great so aim for the best not only what you feel like doing.

Anyways Chakra I was routing for you last month so once I've gone over everyone's I hope to say that I will feel the same this month as well. However I won't say anything until I've made up my mind. This is a friendly contest guys, stop trying to make excuses for yourself. If you don't put fourth the effort then how do you seriously expect to win when others are giving it their all? Not directed at anyone, just tired of the negative feel that's been occurring over the past few months. If you don't win, then pick yourself up and do better, learn from your mistakes as it will only make you a stronger writer afterwards.

Status
    Jun 2011
    in a graveyard, mourning over what could have been....
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont blink...

I have a feeling that TOC's rant there^ was semi-directed at me, not that I'm really feeling down or anything

BTW TOC would admiting your mistakes and stuff be okay and not part of putting yourself down?

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

It's not that I do or don't want this. It's simply the fact that I have a lot to juggle at the moment and things seem to get in the way. However I've come to terms with myself and finally sat down and actually ended it. Now I'm just going back and adding things to increase length and clarifying on things that I have missed. I only have 42,618 words at the moment and I know I have to go back and correct a lot of things! That's by far the toughest part! I had the whole story plotted out since I started and well I'm running with it! Nothing will hold me back! Even if it does terrible, I still accomplished what I wanted to do in my life and I will be satisfied not feeling any regret!

I know what you're talking about Sam and it's true. You know me though..... lol
    Okay, there ya' go, proved me wrong already. That's not a very long book though...I've got that much almost and I feel like I'm barely a tenth of the way in. ^_^ It's best to write for fun, self publish using Amazon and do the social networking thing, then maybe you might get famous or not. It's not about getting recognized though, it's about putting something out there and having fun doing it...but you have to publish it.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiLeeHatake View Post
    Hmph! We'll see about that. Man, I'm looked at as an underdog in real life and in the virtual world. SMH. I do what I do for the sub-dominant people! You don't have to be in the dominant culture to succeed.
    I'm a more experienced writer than you people could fathom. It's just that I'm not "popular" on the base. Plus, I don't put even half as much effort into my FF as I do my novel, in which I have been working on. Thus, it's my fault for not having more fans, but oh well. *shrug*
    It's about outlook to a degree. Self-fulfilling prophecies are real. ^_^

To be perfectly honest anyone has a shot this go round. It's rather depressing to read people putting themselves down or their works and annoying as well. We as writers should be pouring our souls into what we enjoy most! What's the point of doing something half assed? It's not going to help you become a better writer, you're only hurting yourself since you're taking away an opportunity to grow! There are no under dogs! You either give it your all or live with the fact that you weren't ready to step forward.

When I entered my first contest, I was the only one that was doing an Original fiction, but yet I succeeded. Could you guys please stop with the my work isn't good enough stuff or it could be better; ect. You're the writer! You make what you want happen so if you're not truly happy with it, then play around with it until you are excited to continue what you have done! We all have the potential to be great so aim for the best not only what you feel like doing.

Anyways Chakra I was routing for you last month so once I've gone over everyone's I hope to say that I will feel the same this month as well. However I won't say anything until I've made up my mind. This is a friendly contest guys, stop trying to make excuses for yourself. If you don't put fourth the effort then how do you seriously expect to win when others are giving it their all? Not directed at anyone, just tired of the negative feel that's been occurring over the past few months. If you don't win, then pick yourself up and do better, learn from your mistakes as it will only make you a stronger writer afterwards.
    That's ma' girl. You're a lot like me, only way I could respect you more is if you smoked weed...and that's a fact. ^_^ It would also be nice if you listened to yourself once in a while...you're saying the same thing I've been telling you...the same thing I've been telling everyone over and over again...why does no one listen? Why don't I listen?...O_o

Last edited by Shinobi Train; 03-13-2013 at 02:29 AM.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fastrthnwind View Post
    I have a feeling that TOC's rant there^ was semi-directed at me, not that I'm really feeling down or anything

BTW TOC would admiting your mistakes and stuff be okay and not part of putting yourself down?
    It wasn't directed at anyone. lol There's a difference between admitting your mistakes and blaming them on you falling short of something better. Heck I'll admit my works has a lot of mistakes and I plan to correct them. Once you realize your mistakes you find yourself slowly starting to grow and learn from previous experiences. It's encouraged to take that and run with it! As long as you look at it in a positive light and not a negative one.

Edit: @ Sam yeah I know I have a lot of things left to do with the book and I must prepare it and end it properly as it's part of a trio. I first need to go and add things I left out and correct things that I left hanging. That alone will easily give me over 30,000 more words.

The Aspiring Writer ItachiLeeHatake's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a drag...

Not everyone can be that passionate and have such initiative. I personally don't see the point of putting my all into my FFs because NBers don't really appreciate 'em. However, when I do put a considerable amount into a chapter and I only get crap responses like "Good chapter" and "Nice job", I want to back hand those guys.

Anyway, you have got to understand my sour attitude towards this contest. When the results were revealed in last month's contest, it was shown that I was among the top three woth the most votes. Everyone automatically assumed that I cheated; their minds couldn't even comprehend the fact that I had bested the other contestants. I used to feel bonded with fellow writers, being that we share the same talent or what not, but now I feel as if I can't even connect with 'em. By the way, I'm very proud of my FF, Prodigies Reborn!, it's just that I know that the more popular writers are bound to win.

Last edited by ItachiLeeHatake; 03-13-2013 at 02:28 AM.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

Not everyone can be that passionate and have such initiative. I personally don't see the point of putting my all into my FFs because NBers don't really appreciate 'em. However, when I do put a considerable amount into a chapter and I only get crap responses like "Good chapter" and "Nice job", I want to back hand those guys.
    Anyway, you have got to understand my sour attitude towards this contest. When the results were revealed in last month's contest, it was shown thay I was among the top three woth the most votes. Everyone automatically assumed that I cheated; their minds couldn't even comprehend the fact that I bested the other contestants. I used to feel bonded with fellow writers, being that we share the same talent or what not, but now I feel as if I can't even connect with 'em. By the way, I'm very proud of my FF, Prodigies Reborn!, it's just that I know that the more popular writers are bound to win.
    I saw and I can see how you may think that but it was strictly due to the fact the last time that they had that many votes was a year ago. The last time I participated (last march) we set a record for 87 votes and no alts. People assumed alt votes because of the high number. It's been fairly steady around 50 or less after that vote record month. Don't take it personally as nobody means to direct it at any given person. We all want to encourage writers not assume they cheated, that's just now how we roll; right Sam?

However I do know what you are referring to as well about the comments. It seems like people may only be using that for post counts but writing is very personal to me. If I did it half assed then I wouldn't be true to myself. I don't write for other people, I write for myself and that's all that should matter to you. Don't be ashamed to lose yourself in your writing, others should be honored that you shared your imagination with them. So why restrict yourself from improving? Every little bit you write does help you get better, I promise you that! So yes it does matter and effects you as a writer.

Last edited by ThatOneChick; 03-13-2013 at 02:34 AM.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont blink...

Anyway, you have got to understand my sour attitude towards this contest. When the results were revealed in last month's contest, it was shown that I was among the top three woth the most votes. Everyone automatically assumed that I cheated; their minds couldn't even comprehend the fact that I had bested the other contestants. I used to feel bonded with fellow writers, being that we share the same talent or what not, but now I feel as if I can't even connect with 'em. By the way, I'm very proud of my FF, Prodigies Reborn!, it's just that I know that the more popular writers are bound to win.
    As much as I dont want to believe this, this guy is right. In fact, hardly anyone really looks at anyone elses FF at all except for the popular ones. Looking at countless FF contests, it pretty much turns into a popularity contest as for who is more popular and which one is best among the popular guys on NB.

Not trying to be negative or anything, but thats just how it is on NB and I'm just reinforcing the point.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, man. She was definitely talking (mostly) about me, cause I do that all the time. And, in case you forgot TOC, you gotta remember that most voters aren't really looking for the best writers, cause I know my work is great (All writers are selfish in that way, so I have to be). When it comes to this contest, though, the ones who win are normally more because there's lots of action, it's short and easy to read (which I don't qualify for at all), or because it's the coolest Naruto FF that was submitted that month (cause let's face it, not a single person on here isn't a fan of Naruto). I don't put down my writing (I'd never do that), but my chances of winning are slim and I don't have to be Rodney Dangerfield (R.I.P) to see that Just saying. please no hurt me

Last edited by Chakra Wizard; 03-13-2013 at 02:35 AM.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Who the f**k cares about FFs? O_o We're talking about the real sh*t. Writing FFs, short stories or any bullsh*t like that is purely for exercise and something to distract you for a moment from the main thing...gives you a breather from writing your novel.

Again, who the f**k cares about this contest? O_o There's nothing to be said about this...I mean...really? o_O

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

As much as I dont want to believe this, this guy is right. In fact, hardly anyone really looks at anyone elses FF at all except for the popular ones. Looking at countless FF contests, it pretty much turns into a popularity contest as for who is more popular and which one is best among the popular guys on NB.

Not trying to be negative or anything, but thats just how it is on NB and I'm just reinforcing the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by chakrawizard555 View Post
    Nah, man. She was definitely talking (mostly) about me, cause I do that all the time. And, in case you forgot TOC, you gotta remember that most voters aren't really looking for the best writers, cause I know my work is great (All writers are selfish in that way, so I have to be). When it comes to this contest, though, the ones who win are normally more because there's lots of action, it's short and easy to read (which I don't qualify for at all), or because it's the coolest Naruto FF that was submitted that month (cause let's face it, not a single person on here isn't a fan of Naruto). I don't put down my writing (I'd never do that), but my chances of winning are slim and I don't have to be Rodney Dangerfield (R.I.P) to see that Just saying, please no yell at me
    I won't deny that there are some votes that are bias. However that's not always the case. Trust me I talk about this to Reborn ALL THE TIME. It is discouraging, but it doesn't mean you're not great writers (like Chakra said) you just have to keep doing your best and entering when you can. Hopefully someone will cast a vote that's not based on friendship but because the work was actually good. What I look for when casting a vote is grammar and how interesting it was to me. However it is extremely hard to keep my interest in a lot of things as I have to be doing at least two things at once to keep my brain going. If not I won't finish reading it, I'm a very harsh judge when it comes to voting. Believe it though when I do vote, I truly think that person deserves to win.

Edit: It would be unfair to say all votes are that way, so just assume the best for everyone's sake.

Last edited by ThatOneChick; 03-13-2013 at 02:41 AM.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont blink...

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    Who the f**k cares about FFs? O_o We're talking about the real sh*t. Writing FFs, short stories or any bullsh*t like that is purely for exercise and something to distract you for a moment from the main thing...gives you a breather from writing your novel.

Again, who the f**k cares about this contest? O_o There's nothing to be said about this...I mean...really? o_O
    Well, its not like everyone wants to be a writer and write novels. For me its more of a passionate hobby. In my opinion, it is actually very difficult to create an entire universe with people and such as it would just eat up all of my time, which is why FFs are made. There is already a vast universe and characters each with unique personalities that can be used in any way the imagination can take you.

People take advantage of that and publish it online while giving credit to the author for the inspiration and the foriginal work.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

Well, its not like everyone wants to be a writer and write novels. For me its more of a passionate hobby. In my opinion, it is actually very difficult to create an entire universe with people and such as it would just eat up all of my time, which is why FFs are made. There is already a vast universe and characters each with unique personalities that can be used in any way the imagination can take you.

People take advantage of that and publish it online while giving credit to the author for the inspiration and the foriginal work.
    He was mostly saying that don't take things so serious when it comes to the contest. Also that anytime a writer does write it should be treated like an exercise to keep improving. (if you enjoy it of course)