View Poll Results: Why is the Animation becoming Poor?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Studio slacking

    0 0%
  • Low Budget

    3 42.86%
  • War Arc stressing studio animators

    2 28.57%
  • Naruto movies taking animators

    2 28.57%
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Sage Curse's Avatar
    Status
    Curse is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    95
    Location
    Shinobi War
    No more Hatred
     

    Kage Summit Arc Animation and War Arc Animation

    I rewatched Episode 203
    This is something thats been bothering me about Naruto, although the animation has been discussed time and time again, I always wondered why specifically this Arc had such amazing animation?

    I mean, even though the characters Tobi or Naruto were barely moving in one scene on Episode 203, it almost looked or even Movie Quality. And yet, their animation and art quality are severely lacking today?


    As far as I know, that Arc had good animation because they weren't working on a movie.
    So I'm going to open a poll and see out of the options, what you agree with.
     
         

  2. #2
    薬師カブト Yakushi Kabuto numbers's Avatar
    Status
    numbers is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    11,411
    Location
    UK
    #1 Yakushi Fan
     

    Re: Kage Summit Arc Animation and War Arc Animation

    I have always had problems with the inconsistent art style. For such a big anime such as Naruto, you think they could get a decent animation team and not some rookies.

    But now I think about it, it probably IS the movies that get in the way. Wasn't Blood Prison out around the same time as The Gokage Summit arc? Either way, the animation issues are ridiculous. Can't wait for Madara to enter the battlefield where they should get better.
     
         

  3. #3
    Klad's Avatar
    Status
    Klad is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    20,529
    An inch away from heaven, a
    million songs from right here.
     



    Re: Kage Summit Arc Animation and War Arc Animation

    Five Kage summit arc was amazing. War arc animation has few mistakes,but still awesome.
     
         

  4. #4
    Sage Curse's Avatar
    Status
    Curse is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    95
    Location
    Shinobi War
    No more Hatred
     

    Re: Kage Summit Arc Animation and War Arc Animation

    Quote Originally Posted by numbers View Post
    I have always had problems with the inconsistent art style. For such a big anime such as Naruto, you think they could get a decent animation team and not some rookies.

    But now I think about it, it probably IS the movies that get in the way. Wasn't Blood Prison out around the same time as The Gokage Summit arc? Either way, the animation issues are ridiculous. Can't wait for Madara to enter the battlefield where they should get better.
    Personally I think they should give up on the movies, or use different animators for the movies once they get enough money to make it. Rather than taking the shows animators and ruin the Anime Animation. But good point
    Also may I add, the "inconsistent" art style you mention is absolutely true. The Art style keeps changing constantly. Its actually rather annoying.
     
         

  5. #5
    Senior Member Noni's Avatar
    Status
    Noni is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11,456
    I'd post another rap lyric,
    but that is too predictable
    z.z
     

    Re: Kage Summit Arc Animation and War Arc Animation

    i hope next month when the fillers are done they can make the anime quality back the way it was
     
         

  6. #6
    Sage Curse's Avatar
    Status
    Curse is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    95
    Location
    Shinobi War
    No more Hatred
     

    Re: Kage Summit Arc Animation and War Arc Animation

    Quote Originally Posted by noni1997 View Post
    i hope next month when the fillers are done they can make the anime quality back the way it was
    Maybe its because they are working on Road to Ninja that the animation is so Poor? ( Excuse me if I'm wrong, I have no idea how the production of the movie is doing, or even if its done yet )
     
         

  7. #7
    Scathach YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is online now
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    11,596
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    Sun Gazing, Peripheral Blazing
     

    Re: Kage Summit Arc Animation and War Arc Animation

    Reasons why I don't care for Naruto anymore

    - No shading, plain backgrounds. No depth in the surroundings and characters
    - a lot of male characters sound the same. No individuality.
    - Battle animation is corny. Too much simple talk, too much dbz jutsu, no fast paced taijutsu as it's supposed to have been.
    - No sense of difference in power level.
    - all side ninja are fodder. when attacking, enemy stands still looking at the incoming danger and gets hit. yawn.
    - the childish, supposedly humor full openings and moments in the anime ruin the seriousness and integrity of this ninja based anime and it's characters.
    - The story line had sooo much potential. But they rushed the thing, neglecting several possible side stories like Hanabi Hyuuga vs Konohamaru, Naruto SM+KM eyes as shown vs Nagato, and more.
    - milking out of moments like the 'bonds' and 'friends' crap.

    the list goes on
     
         

  8. #8
    Member Reidara's Avatar
    Status
    Reidara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    364
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Electrifyingly exilirated
     

    Re: Kage Summit Arc Animation and War Arc Animation

    Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    Maybe its because they are working on Road to Ninja that the animation is so Poor? ( Excuse me if I'm wrong, I have no idea how the production of the movie is doing, or even if its done yet )
    Movie was released in Japanese cinemas last summer so that is not it . I personally think it is a budget problem and they need to finish the episodes quicker as animators are paid by the hour (I assume)
     
         

  9. #9
    Sage Curse's Avatar
    Status
    Curse is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    95
    Location
    Shinobi War
    No more Hatred
     

    Re: Kage Summit Arc Animation and War Arc Animation

    Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    Reasons why I don't care for Naruto anymore

    - No shading, plain backgrounds. No depth in the surroundings and characters
    - a lot of male characters sound the same. No individuality.
    - Battle animation is corny. Too much simple talk, too much dbz jutsu, no fast paced taijutsu as it's supposed to have been.
    - No sense of difference in power level.
    - all side ninja are fodder. when attacking, enemy stands still looking at the incoming danger and gets hit. yawn.
    - the childish, supposedly humor full openings and moments in the anime ruin the seriousness and integrity of this ninja based anime and it's characters.
    - The story line had sooo much potential. But they rushed the thing, neglecting several possible side stories like Hanabi Hyuuga vs Konohamaru, Naruto SM+KM eyes as shown vs Nagato, and more.
    - milking out of moments like the 'bonds' and 'friends' crap.

    the list goes on
    I completely understand where you are coming from. Shading and Taijutsu especially. For one, its so plain and barren, also, if you have noticed, their colouring for each character has become terrible.

    For the Taijutsu bit I understand 100%, the original Naruto is always something I remembered for its animation on Taijutsu, it was entertaining to watch. But now it feels like, all they do is spam Jutsu and don't care about anything else. It does feel alot like Dbz.

    Its frustrating. The fodder ninja are the worst though, they are as dumb as Zetsu, seriously? What about all the Jonin and Chunin or even Genin from other villages? What happened to strength and power, they all look the same.
     
         

  10. #10
    Senior Member Itachi Edo's Avatar
    Status
    Itachi Edo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,807
    Delivering Divine Justice
     

    Re: Kage Summit Arc Animation and War Arc Animation

    big difference in the two arcs
     
         

  11. #11
    Senior Member Cursed Prince's Avatar
    Status
    Cursed Prince is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    15,989
    Location
    On NB trollin
    I've been searching
    everywhere, and I can't seem
    to find, Molly.
     

    Re: Kage Summit Arc Animation and War Arc Animation

    Its simply because that was prolly a brief time when they actually cared how their animation looked
     
         

  12. #12
    Sage Curse's Avatar
    Status
    Curse is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    95
    Location
    Shinobi War
    No more Hatred
     

    Re: Kage Summit Arc Animation and War Arc Animation

    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi Edo View Post
    big difference in the two arcs
    While that is true, it still can be nearly the same. Think about when Naruto was fighting Itachi and Nagato, there wasn't a lot going on and yet it still looked really bad and character models were wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reidara View Post
    Movie was released in Japanese cinemas last summer so that is not it . I personally think it is a budget problem and they need to finish the episodes quicker as animators are paid by the hour (I assume)
    I have a thing in my head thats been telling me that as well. Maybe the animators aren't being payed enough?
     
         

  13. #13
    Senior Member Hyuga Prodigy's Avatar
    Status
    Hyuga Prodigy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,673
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    ByakuMaster
     

    Re: Kage Summit Arc Animation and War Arc Animation

    I don't get these people, I don't see how the animation are bad, well there are some mistakes in the war arc like when gaara summons the prymand , or when naruto fought againsts zetsu, you noticed that zetsu try to approach to naruto but it looks like zetsu is running at the same spot. Overall the animation are good but there are minor problems, everything else is good in term colors, voice, etc
     
         

  14. #14
    Member Reidara's Avatar
    Status
    Reidara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    364
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Electrifyingly exilirated
     

    Re: Kage Summit Arc Animation and War Arc Animation

    Quote Originally Posted by narutoshippudenworld View Post
    I don't get these people, I don't see how the animation are bad, well there are some mistakes in the war arc like when gaara summons the prymand , or when naruto fought againsts zetsu, you noticed that zetsu try to approach to naruto but it looks like zetsu is running at the same spot. Overall the animation are good but there are minor problems, everything else is good in term colors, voice, etc
    Overall quality is not that bad at all indeed (still proceeds Fairy Tail by far) it's just too bad it ain't like it was in the original series when Sasuke fought Orochimaru in the Forest of Death. That was some solid battle animation.
     
         

  15. #15
    Five-Tails (五尾, Gobi) H a n's Avatar
    Status
    H a n is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,478
    Location
    Iwagakure
    What I have shown you is
    reality. What you remember,
    that is the illusion.
     

    Re: Kage Summit Arc Animation and War Arc Animation

    Yeah, I feel you on this one.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •