Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    SSJ God

Naruto and Dragonball

Ok it has been a while since I started a thread but after this week's chapter I had to talk about this. I know Kishi said he draws inspiration from Dragonball for Naruto but come on. Fusion are you serious fusion what's next is Naruto gonna fuse with Kakashi. Don't get me wrong I think Kisame looks like a badass but he did before anyway. Why make it even more far out there than it has to be.

Status
    Apr 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Naruto and Dragonball

I thought you were gonna mention the resemblance between Kisamehada and Kid Buu

Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    I Neva Even Realized

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It makes sense he fuses himself with his sword. It's not like he is fusing with another guy (which is gay)

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    appreciating sarcasm

Pfff I'm so sick of manga "noobs" that just compare everything to DBZ... FYI DBZ might be really well known because it got popular in the U.S etc~ but it is in no way comparable every damn thing you see just because you don't know anything else -.- (yes I had to get this off my chest)

Now on-topic: NO :P

Status
    Nov 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by griems View Post
    Pfff I'm so sick of manga "noobs" that just compare everything to DBZ... FYI DBZ might be really well known because it got popular in the U.S etc~ but it is in no way comparable every damn thing you see just because you don't know anything else -.- (yes I had to get this off my chest)

your right... Dragonball Z is in its own lane anyway. there are no other shows like it. why would you want to compare it..?

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by SosaUchiha View Post
    your right... Dragonball Z is in its own lane anyway. there are no other shows like it. why would you want to compare it..?
    Saint Seiya and Rurouni Kenshin are better LOL
    I just got tired of Dragon Ball Z and how Vegeta is always defeated eventhough he is like the best character ever..

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I agree, this is getting old every week the same threads: DBZ and Sakura Or Hinata, i'm glad we dont have 20 spoiler threads anymore.

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    SSJ God

Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    Thats obvious he also kind of looks like one of Frieza'stransformations.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ3Gotenks View Post
    Thats obvious he also kind of looks like one of Frieza'stransformations.
    Looks like the second transformation of frieza

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    SSJ God

Ok first of all am no manga Noob I have been reading since i was like 10 so thats 18 years. You are the Noob if you cannot see the resemblance and if you don;t like what was posted go somewhere else I didn't ask for retarded fanboy responses. most people have a little something intelligable to say but they re usually not 5 year olds like you. this is a discussion not a flame war. I like Naruto and DBZ and like I said I have read manga since before you were born. Get a life go troll somewhere else. Unless you have a valid statement to make go talk about how much you like ****** with you BF. By the way I am a huge fan of Kisame and think the way it is being handled is weird but I am not Kishi so i have to just wait and see. Again please quit trolling

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    SSJ God

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin Himura View Post
    Saint Seiya and Rurouni Kenshin are better LOL
    I just got tired of Dragon Ball Z and how Vegeta is always defeated eventhough he is like the best character ever..
    Ok I grew up with DBZ the anime and manga. And there are only a couple of manga that come close to the success of it (One piece,Bleach, naruto) the animethat comes close is Naruto. I am really talking about sales and also impact on other anime for the USA eventually DBZ started it all for the US really except of course for the greatest Anime ever Akira. Also I agree with you on one point I hated that Vegeta always got defeated every time he would get stronger and onequal footing with Goku and the villains they would all surpass him like he was nothing. He never evn made SSJ3 which ticked me off he was the strongest fighter and Gotenks did it after watching goku do it once that was kinda lame. Vegeta was a true badass.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Ok I grew up with DBZ the anime and manga. And there are only a couple of manga that come close to the success of it (One piece,Bleach, naruto) the animethat comes close is Naruto. I am really talking about sales and also impact on other anime for the USA eventually DBZ started it all for the US really except of course for the greatest Anime ever Akira. Also I agree with you on one point I hated that Vegeta always got defeated every time he would get stronger and onequal footing with Goku and the villains they would all surpass him like he was nothing. He never evn made SSJ3 which ticked me off he was the strongest fighter and Gotenks did it after watching goku do it once that was kinda lame. Vegeta was a true badass.
    I think you can include Saint Seiya,Rurouni Kenshin and Sailormoon on those..

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    appreciating sarcasm

Ok first of all am no manga Noob I have been reading since i was like 10 so thats 18 years. You are the Noob if you cannot see the resemblance and if you don;t like what was posted go somewhere else I didn't ask for retarded fanboy responses. most people have a little something intelligable to say but they re usually not 5 year olds like you. this is a discussion not a flame war. I like Naruto and DBZ and like I said I have read manga since before you were born. Get a life go troll somewhere else. Unless you have a valid statement to make go talk about how much you like ****** with you BF. By the way I am a huge fan of Kisame and think the way it is being handled is weird but I am not Kishi so i have to just wait and see. Again please quit trolling
    I stopped at "get a life" lmao

Do you really expect me to take you seriously now? And I don't even want to start some flame war with a kid like you I was merely stating an observation of people constantly comparing stuff to DBZ... No need to get stepped on your toes ^_^ we're all fans of Naruto here

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

...if you're 28 you could probably benefit from an improved vocabulary. Really speaking, you should be past the whole petty argument stage too.

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

hehh i hate DBZ. my opinion - useless anime show

but its my opinion, peace

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I only c a little things tat are simalar like the Raikages lightening shild but not much throught out the whole series its never been simalar only a couple of ideas hav been used I mean its hard why dont you try writing a manga & not using ideas from others I'm not having a go I'm trying to write 1 but its to simalar to naruto & dragon ballz its lik a rip of try its really hard :D

Last edited by Degrees; 11-16-2009 at 12:13 AM.

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    SSJ God

Quote Originally Posted by Degrees View Post
    I only c a little things tat are simalar like the Raikages lightening shild but not much throught out the whole series its never been simalar only a couple of ideas hav been used I mean its hard why dont you try writing a manga & not using ideas from others I'm not having a go I'm trying to write 1 but its to simalar to naruto & dragon ballz its lik a rip of try its really hard :D

You are right about that but I never said everything was like DBZ just a few things and Kishi himself said he takes his greatest inspiration from Dragonball. This whole thread was mainly about how he mad Kisame look like Buu or Frieza's second transf. There are definite comparisons alot that i won't go into now. But like I said I am a huge anime/manga fan and it is hard to argue the facts.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Fusion, fusion, fusion...
    i think kishi's version of fusion is when he put those beasts inside someone body and the same thing with kisamehada without dance move (gotenks, gogeta)

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    SSJ God

Quote Originally Posted by naturo9 View Post
    Fusion, fusion, fusion...
    i think kishi's version of fusion is when he put those beasts inside someone body and the same thing with kisamehada without dance move (gotenks, gogeta)

If thats the case i actually like that type of fusion better. Besides Gotenks and Vegitto I always thought the fusion in DBZ was kind of lame

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

to tell you what i think - DBZ is crap and naruto is awesome.

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    SSJ God

Quote Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
    to tell you what i think - DBZ is crap and naruto is awesome.
    You are out of your mind don't get me wrong I really like Naruto but it would not even be here if not for DBZ. They are both awesome and you are just a troll. DBZ has made billions of dollars naruto can't say the same but again don't get me wrong I love Naruto i am not a troll though

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

As a person who loves Dragonball, I will say this:
    Dragonball Z got me (and a ton of other people) into anime as a kid.
    The characters were very close to my heart and it was a cool alternative to comic superheros.

However, Dragonball is not up to the level of sophistication in Naruto. Dragonball Z had a formula (Bad guy shows up, Goku is weaker than it, becomes stronger, Dragonballs undo any serious damage). Of course that is a generalization, but, having watched the entire series, I know that I am not far off.

Naruto gets into political struggles, romance, questions of loyalty/ancestry, deception, and the strongest does not always win.

The battles in Naruto are about a million times more creative. It is not just different kinds/colors of energy that blow up or slice different amounts of area. Ninjutsu allows for TRULY creative attacks that are completely different in their effect (Shikamaru's Shadow Bind compared to Mangekyo Sharrigan compared to Rasengan are COMPLETELY different, for example).

Another good thing about this set up, is that it allows for team work to be an interesting and effective strategy. It is not, "Alright, Krillin, you cannot even do any damage to this guy. So go hide behind a rock." Neither is it, "Piccolo, you did so well against Cell! Unfortunately, it was his first form and did not matter at all." In Naruto, it is, "Alright, Sakura, you kind of suck. But! Use medical jutsu in the mean time, and let's make an opening so that you can punch somebody's head off."

In closing, Dragonball was great. In many ways, due to the impact it had and how early on it was, it was the greatest. However, Naruto takes anything good about Dragonball and goes farther with it and avoids the repetitiveness.

Status
    Sep 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Actually, kishi also says that he draws from The Flame of Recca as well.(for those of you who don't know, its a pretty old manga) Course, I didn't really like the ending. Everybody loses their awesome powers, and the couples are revealed. I was pretty unsatisfied with that.

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    SSJ God

Quote Originally Posted by GaaratheFifth View Post
    As a person who loves Dragonball, I will say this:
    Dragonball Z got me (and a ton of other people) into anime as a kid.
    The characters were very close to my heart and it was a cool alternative to comic superheros.

However, Dragonball is not up to the level of sophistication in Naruto. Dragonball Z had a formula (Bad guy shows up, Goku is weaker than it, becomes stronger, Dragonballs undo any serious damage). Of course that is a generalization, but, having watched the entire series, I know that I am not far off.

Naruto gets into political struggles, romance, questions of loyalty/ancestry, deception, and the strongest does not always win.

The battles in Naruto are about a million times more creative. It is not just different kinds/colors of energy that blow up or slice different amounts of area. Ninjutsu allows for TRULY creative attacks that are completely different in their effect (Shikamaru's Shadow Bind compared to Mangekyo Sharrigan compared to Rasengan are COMPLETELY different, for example).

Another good thing about this set up, is that it allows for team work to be an interesting and effective strategy. It is not, "Alright, Krillin, you cannot even do any damage to this guy. So go hide behind a rock." Neither is it, "Piccolo, you did so well against Cell! Unfortunately, it was his first form and did not matter at all." In Naruto, it is, "Alright, Sakura, you kind of suck. But! Use medical jutsu in the mean time, and let's make an opening so that you can punch somebody's head off."

In closing, Dragonball was great. In many ways, due to the impact it had and how early on it was, it was the greatest. However, Naruto takes anything good about Dragonball and goes farther with it and avoids the repetitiveness.

Exactly and like I said at the beginning of this post it just seemed odd that Kishi made kisame fuse with his sword. But you are right about the story and naruto it is alot mor mature than DBZ. The only thing about DBZ is everyone got so powerful that almost anyone could blow up a whole planet by the end of the series even chibi trunks or goten. But you have to remember for the people that don't like DBZ that they drew alot of the fights out to let the manga catch up thats why some of th fight scenes are a little boring.