User titlez r 4 suckerz Cruciatus's Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm too alternative for you.

Music.

I've noticed the music threads on this site are absolute shit, so I plan to make a good one (or one that tries harder than the others, frankly.)
    Firstly:
    Music-(n)an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color.

So, obviously, musical opinions are diverse. There's rock, grunge, metal, heavy metal, death metal, ska, folk, rap, hip hop, classical, news age, so on so freaking forth. But I think we can all agree that music is beautiful.
    So, I ask you. . .
    1. Who is the most influential band or artist to date? Most people argue the Beatles, and hey, I give them serious props. But bear in mind the Beatles were influenced by artists like Elvis and Chuck Berry. Obviously, there isn't just one answer to this question. Be ready to back up your opinion.
    2. Best guitarist? I believe Jimi will probably take this, but I would love to hear the rest of Narutobase's opinions.
    3. Best guitar rift? Solo? (favorites welcome too*)
    4. Best drum fill?*
    5. Most talented drummer?*
    6. Best piano composition?*
    7. Band with the most interesting use of materials? (e.g Shinedown using violin in hard rock songs, Simon and Garfunkel using pots and pans for Cecelia)*
    8. Best bassist?

I have plenty more questions, I'll post them later I guess. This should be enough to chew on for now.

Answer some, answer none, list your favorite bands, argue, debate, whatever. Any way you look at it, we are all united by a common interest in music on this thread.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Music.

I would say Beatles for one, not to be typical, but when you look at how much they sold, and how they influenced the industry, it's hard to argue that any one other musician was more influential than they were. They pretty much made the album as the standard medium that music took, as opposed to being played in large singles which just came out more often. Take their wide and versatile range of styles, and you would be hard pressed to find rock bands that aren't influenced by them.

Drummer would probably be Neal Pert from Rush.

User titlez r 4 suckerz Cruciatus's Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm too alternative for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
    I would say Beatles for one, not to be typical, but when you look at how much they sold, and how they influenced the industry, it's hard to argue that any one other musician was more influential than they were. They pretty much made the album as the standard medium that music took, as opposed to being played in large singles which just came out more often. Take their wide and versatile range of styles, and you would be hard pressed to find rock bands that aren't influenced by them.

Drummer would probably be Neal Pert from Rush.
    What about Rick Allen from Def Leppard? He's got one arm and still drums like a god.

Last edited by Cruciatus; 03-19-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyorinmaru View Post
    What about Rick Allen from Def Leppard? He's got one arm and still drums like a god.
    Haven't heard him, I'll have to check it out.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

1. Led Zeppelin. They influence hard rock, even though they themselves didn't think they were hard rock/metal.
    2. Jimmy Page. He's definitely Top 3 honestly.
    3. Riff? Well, that's too hard to answer lol. Solo? Heartbreaker by Led Zep.
    4. I'm not quite sure what a drum fill is... If it's a solo, then idk. Moby **** is pretty sick. Fool in the Rain's drums are gorgeous.
    5. John "Bonzo" Bonham or Neil Peart. Or Keith Moon.
    6. Not quite sure. Maybe something with Billy Idol or Queen.
    7. Led Zeppelin's pretty diverse. AC/DC using a bagpipe for 'It's a Long Way to the Top' was awesome.
    8. Roger Waters, John Paul Jones, Geddy Lee, etc., etc. This is a tough one.

I'm a bit biased towards Led Zeppelin, ig. :D

Last edited by Yusuke Urameshi; 03-19-2013 at 11:36 PM.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

He is indeed pretty BA just because of the fact he only has one arm. lol I'd personally say Neil Peart, Keith Moon, and Bonzo are better. That's just me, though.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This place still exists?

I've noticed the music threads on this site are absolute shit, so I plan to make a good one (or one that tries harder than the others, frankly.)
    Firstly:
    Music-(n)an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color.

So, obviously, musical opinions are diverse. There's rock, grunge, metal, heavy metal, death metal, ska, folk, rap, hip hop, classical, news age, so on so freaking forth. But I think we can all agree that music is beautiful.
    So, I ask you. . .
    1. Who is the most influential band or artist to date? Most people argue the Beatles, and hey, I give them serious props. But bear in mind the Beatles were influenced by artists like Elvis and Chuck Berry. Obviously, there isn't just one answer to this question. Be ready to back up your opinion.
    2. Best guitarist? I believe Jimi will probably take this, but I would love to hear the rest of Narutobase's opinions.
    3. Best guitar rift? Solo? (favorites welcome too*)
    4. Best drum fill?*
    5. Most talented drummer?*
    6. Best piano composition?*
    7. Band with the most interesting use of materials? (e.g Shinedown using violin in hard rock songs, Simon and Garfunkel using pots and pans for Cecelia)*
    8. Best bassist?

I have plenty more questions, I'll post them later I guess. This should be enough to chew on for now.

Answer some, answer none, list your favorite bands, argue, debate, whatever. Any way you look at it, we are all united by a common interest in music on this thread.
    1) The Ramones, no one will agree with me, but music wouldn't exist without them.
    2)My fav is Thurston Moore
    3)can't decide
    4)Can't decide
    5)Peart
    6)Any Elliott Smith song, and it isn't close.
    7)any of Sonic Youths scrodatura, or any of HORSE the bands early chiptunes straight out of gameboys.
    8)Either of the Neds Atomic nustbin bassists.