Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

Kurama's Yin Chakra

So, as we all know Oro released the souls trapped in the Shinigami's stomach, which also happens to include Kurama's Yin half. Now I have read a gazillion topics so far, claiming that Minato is now a Jincuuriki (or the Edo Tensei version of one), that he will give the chakra back to Naruto now or that we will never see it again, because it is sealed in Minato and as such will go away along with him OR that Kishi has absolutely forgotten about the Yin chakra sealed in Minato and we will have a plot hole.

Now I don't know if Kishi has forgotten about it or not, but let me make one thing clear: I am 99% sure that Kurama's Yin half was in fact NOT sealed into Minato. That doesn't make sense, not even remotely - Shiki Fuuijin is not a technique for sealing one's soul inside the body of the caster. They simply turn into a temporary vessel through which the Shinigami operates.

To illustrate this further: if Minato had indeed sealed Kurama's chakra IN himself, then, so would have done Hiruzen, who casted the very same technique.

"Omg, why does this look so familiar? Thank you, Lagadatte, for reminding me." --- "You are welcome."

By extended logic, Tobirama and Hashirama shouldn't even be in the manga right now, nor should Oro have his arms, since they would all be sealed IN Hiruzen, just as Kurama's Yin chakra would be sealed IN Minato (if we follow all those lovely Jinchuuriki theories). We would have only two people resurrected: Minato and Hiruzen, the casters of the magical Shiki Fuijin that seals other people (or Bijuus or objects) into the ones performing it where they stay forever. Which is absolutely ridiculous.

To conclude: Minato never sealed Kurama in himself, which means that Kurama's Yin half is now free as all the other souls... or arms... sealed with the Shinigami to this point. It will either go back to Naruto for a power-up, or rematerialize in this plane after quite some time and we will have the happy conundrum of two Demon Foxes. That, or Kishi forgot all about it and we will witness plot no jutsu in its full glory.

I hope this clears things up!

Status
    Feb 2013
    Crack kills, so watch out for
    it...

Re: Kurama's Yin Chakra

It's going home baby!!

Status
    Apr 2008
    This user has no status.

I made a thread about this a while back. I like that more people are taking note at this theory. Good work on promoting it! Reps!

Status
    Feb 2013
    Life is an illusion and so is
    Death.

So what if someone took it out already. When Karin first sensed Kurama She said it was exactly like another chakra she sensed before

Sage Art: K.U.S.H. Katon MilwaukeegHost's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2012
    This user has no status.

Obviously.

I would also point out that if you look at the pic of the Kage being released from the death god's belly, it shows FIVE "spirits" leaving it, not just the 4 Hokage. I'm almost sure that both Naruto and Sasuke will be receiving a power up very soon before they fight eachother.

Status
    Dec 2009
    This user has no status.

the 5th spirit is oro's hands.... and after all those years, surely kurama already regenerated it...

Status
    Oct 2011
    SAGE of THE HIDDEN LEAF

This is a good point.

Planetary Destruction
    Status
    Jan 2009
    This user has no status.

Kurama's chakra is much different from the othe hokages chakra. I think in the end Minato became a jinchuriki and used the RDS as his sealing jutsu. That would just be bad writing to release everything I his stomach except Kurama's chakra. Which was the main reason the jutsu was used for in the first place. I'm thinking the reason it didn't leave was because Kurama has to be close to Minato.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Patience is a Virtue...Being
    tested on a regular puts a
    strain..Don't test this if u
    aint bout that life

I like your theory but it seems more possible that Kishi forgot or is thinking of it's return back to Kurama but i doubt it would come back as a second demon fox..it wouldn't make no sense. I still think when Minato is in the battlefield it will react or something will happen.

Status
    This user has no status.

The problem with all these theory is that those who make them don't even understand the Yin-Yang equation. From what we have seen and heard, A Biju has its own will, its body, and its chakra which can be devided into Yin and Yang.

Rikkudo ripped Juubi's chakra off its body and used the Yin and Yang to create the 9 Bijus. After doing that, Juubi's body was still alive but sealed in the moon.

Now, when Minato took Kyuubi's Yin, he did not take another Kyuubi, but just perishable chakra element. As long as Kyuubi is alive, he can fill this chakra again. In my opinion, in the same way Minato's chakra inside Naruto was exhausted, Kyuubi's chakra in the seal can be exhausted. Thus, I think the Yin chakra that Minato sealed is gone bye bye.

To make it clear, consider this. When Naruto fought Kurama, Naruto took some chakra from Kurama. Assume this chakra was Yang ( since everyone believe that). After fighting some day, this chakra was finished and Naruto became empty. Interestingly, it turns out that Kurama gave him some more chakra. Where did Kuarama get this chakra? Well, I think he replenished his chakra.

Based on this, I think all the people arguing about the Yin or Yang are fooling themselves. Right now, in my understanding, it very simple to see that Kurama is complete - that is he has his Yin+Yang. Also note that:

Yinark Chakra
    Yang=bright chakra
    Tail beast bom = Dark chakra + bright chakra = Yin +Yang

Given that Kurama can make tailed beast bomb, it appears that he already has both. I could bring Jiraya's explanations, but I know some people prefers that Kurama's be incomplete because they are focused on the Uchiha=Yin and Sinju=Yang, a relationship that has never been formalized.

Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by NaruSasuRival View Post
    The problem with all these theory is that those who make them don't even understand the Yin-Yang equation. From what we have seen and heard, A Biju has its own will, its body, and its chakra which can be devided into Yin and Yang.

Rikkudo ripped Juubi's chakra off its body and used the Yin and Yang to create the 9 Bijus. After doing that, Juubi's body was still alive but sealed in the moon.

Now, when Minato took Kyuubi's Yin, he did not take another Kyuubi, but just perishable chakra element. As long as Kyuubi is alive, he can fill this chakra again. In my opinion, in the same way Minato's chakra inside Naruto was exhausted, Kyuubi's chakra in the seal can be exhausted. Thus, I think the Yin chakra that Minato sealed is gone bye bye.

To make it clear, consider this. When Naruto fought Kurama, Naruto took some chakra from Kurama. Assume this chakra was Yang ( since everyone believe that). After fighting some day, this chakra was finished and Naruto became empty. Interestingly, it turns out that Kurama gave him some more chakra. Where did Kuarama get this chakra? Well, I think he replenished his chakra.

Based on this, I think all the people arguing about the Yin or Yang are fooling themselves. Right now, in my understanding, it very simple to see that Kurama is complete - that is he has his Yin+Yang. Also note that:

Yinark Chakra
    Yang=bright chakra
    Tail beast bom = Dark chakra + bright chakra = Yin +Yang

Given that Kurama can make tailed beast bomb, it appears that he already has both. I could bring Jiraya's explanations, but I know some people prefers that Kurama's be incomplete because they are focused on the Uchiha=Yin and Sinju=Yang, a relationship that has never been formalized.

I like your points, however I do not believe that Kurama's chakra simply leaked out of the Shinigami seal. Minato specifically mentioned a few times during Kurama's sealing via Shiki Fuijin that he would seal half of its chakra for good. Also, speaking of chakra being sealed within the Shinigami as something formless and thus easy to slip through, let me remind you that Oro's hands were also sealed inside the Shinigami's stomach - say that souls are tangible and cannot slip through, I doubt Oro's hands have a soul of their own or that his soul was locked in his hands and he has been a soulless puppet so far - therefore Oro's hands are NOT what would classify as someone's soul but simply a chakra entity locked away. If Kurama's chakra leaked out, why didn't his hands do the same?

No, I think Shiki Fuijin is a one way deal. Once something is trapped in the Shinigami's Stomach, it cannot so easily exit, even if it is Kurama's chakra. I think, by all rights, it should be released now or forever forgotten, smitten down by the hammer of plot no jutsu.

Now that being said, good point about the TBB, I hadn't thought of it. By all rights Kurama shouldn't be able to cast it.

Status
    Mar 2013
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Yin Susanoo View Post
    So what if someone took it out already. When Karin first sensed Kurama She said it was exactly like another chakra she sensed before
    She was probably talking about how she sensed Naruto's chakra before in the Chuunin exams

Banned
    Status
    Dec 2012
    0834-1917-9840

I think Kurama regenerated his Yin chakra already, Yang is partially composed of Yin and vice-versa, so the Yin part of Yang Kurama's chakra would've regenerated already after 16+ years

Status
    Oct 2008
    This user has no status.

I don't understand why people keep saying the yin half of the 9 tails is free. ITS NOT!!!!! Minato sealed the yin within himself first then sealed himself into the death gods belly. The only way the 9 tails or naruto gets this power is if minato releases the seal and somehow seals it in naruto, or if naruto seals it himself, or even perhaps once un-sealed the power returns back to the 9tails in some way

Status
    Nov 2011
    Dafuq. this user haz no
    status.

IMO the fact we only saw 5 souls coming out of the shinigami means close to nothing!!
    if we saw 6 souls everyone would know already that Kurama was going to get the other half, while if Kishi purposely didn't show that it will keep the readers guessing and can always surprise them on the coming chapters.

so I guess it can go either way, or it won't get nothing and we won't even get an explanation, or Kishi did it on purpose to keep us all guessing about what's going to happen about it and will end up giving to it.

Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by KASTAWAY View Post
    I don't understand why people keep saying the yin half of the 9 tails is free. ITS NOT!!!!! Minato sealed the yin within himself first then sealed himself into the death gods belly. The only way the 9 tails or naruto gets this power is if minato releases the seal and somehow seals it in naruto, or if naruto seals it himself, or even perhaps once un-sealed the power returns back to the 9tails in some way
    Dude, did you even bother reading what I had written before answering? Don't make a fool of yourself. This thread was created exactly for people like yourself.

If you are going to voice weird ideas, at least explain them or support them with evidence, because frankly speaking your statement makes little to no sense.

Status
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagadatte View Post
    I like your points, however I do not believe that Kurama's chakra simply leaked out of the Shinigami seal. Minato specifically mentioned a few times during Kurama's sealing via Shiki Fuijin that he would seal half of its chakra for good. Also, speaking of chakra being sealed within the Shinigami as something formless and thus easy to slip through, let me remind you that Oro's hands were also sealed inside the Shinigami's stomach - say that souls are tangible and cannot slip through, I doubt Oro's hands have a soul of their own or that his soul was locked in his hands and he has been a soulless puppet so far - therefore Oro's hands are NOT what would classify as someone's soul but simply a chakra entity locked away. If Kurama's chakra leaked out, why didn't his hands do the same?

No, I think Shiki Fuijin is a one way deal. Once something is trapped in the Shinigami's Stomach, it cannot so easily exit, even if it is Kurama's chakra. I think, by all rights, it should be released now or forever forgotten, smitten down by the hammer of plot no jutsu.

Now that being said, good point about the TBB, I hadn't thought of it. By all rights Kurama shouldn't be able to cast it.
    Still, you don't understand the Yin-Yang thingy.

Take for example Oro's hands. When Hiruzen sealed them, he became handicapped on his hands. This mean the part of his soul that control his hand were taken away. Consequently, all the rest of Oro's soul in Anko, Sasuke were also lame.

On the contrary, when Minato sealed Kyuubi's chakra, Kyuubi was still healthy in his entire body. The reason is that only Yin part of the chakra was sealed. There was nothing such as sealing Kyuubi's soul or whatever. If you read this chapter, you will see that the Yin Minato sealed was just like the chakra Naruto took from Kurama in the thug war. These chakra have no consciousness and no mind. They are pure energy and they can be exhausted after a certain amount of battle. Even if you give these Yin or Yang to someone, you will not make them a Jinchuriki because the tailed beast is not in them. As evidence, Naruto used all the chakra he took from Kurama, and he had to get replacement. This is why I think you will not see the chakra Minato took from Kyuubi anymore because they certainly were dissolved in the Shinigami belly.

Another evidence is the word chakra itself. In the human case, chakra is obtained by molding physical energy and spiritual energy. In the case of tailed beast, chakra is the combination of Yin and Yang. I know that Kishi messed up the logic by using expression such as Yin chakra or yang chakra, but I think this is translation problem. There is Yin and Yang and both are the basis for physical enrgy and spiritual energy.

Moreover, I think the reason Kyuubi did not act until Naruto was 12 is that he did not have his Yin. After recovering his Yin from feeding on Naruto, he became complete and start to trick Naruto. At least that is what I think. Here is Jiraya's explanation:

1. Minato sealed Kyuubi's dark chakra (Yin)

2. Minato separate Kyuubi chakra into Yin and Yang. He sealed Yang in Naruto so that Naruto can possess Kyuubi chakra (Yin+Yang).

This suggest that when someone has Yang, he can regenerate the Yin. This is even logic. In the case of human, a normal baby has no spiritual energy. WIth experience and training, he can build his spiritual energy. On the other side, every baby has a physical energy. Similarly, Minato taking Kyuubi Yin, make Kyuubi being a huge baby tailed beast because he had no spiritual energy (Yin). In this way, Kyuubi cannot even compete with Naruto who was a baby at that time. In addition, as I said before, Kyuubi has right now his dark chakra which is used for the tailed beast bomb.

Besides the above, everyone knows that the tailed beast are masses of chakra. They were once all babies, and they grew up. This mean they can replenish their chakra. When Minato took Kyuubi's Yin, he shrank. It is logical to think that he has replenished his chakra. Another fact is that that chakra has no consciousness or mind as we saw when Naruto took some. Kyuubi's will is still in Kyuubi. My opinion is that only those who believe that Kyuubi's Yin shopuld go to Sasuke are bringing this issue repeatedly. I am pretty sure they building up another source of disappointment because Kyuubi has already recovered his chkara. Otherwise, Kyuubi would not be able to use any of his techiniques.