Post Thanks / Like
    "You know, all that
    really matters is that the
    people you love are happy and
    healthy. Everything else is
    just sprinkles on the
    sundae." -Paul Walker

Eliminate Art Hall Redundancy

As we can all see, in the orange circle, there is a Fan Arts section where members are able to share their arts.

Now the problem arises with another thread(red circle) that members can access and post threads aswell.

Lately i have notice members aren't posting on the Fan Arts section instead they're posting on the Thread Starter.
    This is bad for the Fan arts section in so many ways than one namely:
    1. The real Fan art section will be less active and eventually die out and be rendered useless because in the current trend, ppl will now be posting on the thread starter instead.
    2. Scattered and unorganized looking section.
    3. Members will take awhile to browse for the fan art their friend made because of multiple directories.

I suggest we fix this by closing the Thread Starter and will only be used by the Mods for Announcements or any other thread that's out of the box that way it can work like the sticky threads that we used to have back in the old format.

Last edited by « Killer Vision »; 03-20-2013 at 06:36 AM.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Eliminate Art Hall Redundancy

Yeah, indeed. I believe that closing 'thread starter' would defiantly be an option.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dream On! ❤

i have to agree much on this... hope it happens

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You know, all that
    just sprinkles on the
    sundae." -Paul Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ventalus View Post
    Yeah, indeed. I believe that closing 'thread starter' would defiantly be an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshiko View Post
    i have to agree much on this... hope it happens
    thanks guys, i hope it does ^^

Artistic Shinobi Nakamazi Itchigo's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, listen up..!! Heroes are
    people who share their booze
    with other people!!! 'I' WANNA
    DRINK MY BOOZE!!! - Roronoa
    Zoro

Thanx for letting me know Killer V. I'll definitely support this matter

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

How about we just move the fan art section into the thread starter and get rid of the sub for for fan arts. Meaning that it would be easier to navigate your way to other members' work.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You know, all that
    just sprinkles on the
    sundae." -Paul Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Nakamazi Itchigo View Post
    Thanx for letting me know Killer V. I'll definitely support this matter
    no problem
    Quote Originally Posted by -S- View Post
    How about we just move the fan art section into the thread starter and get rid of the sub for for fan arts. Meaning that it would be easier to navigate your way to other members' work.
    or that works too.
    either way will be great.

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nostalgic ain't my thing

I agree its for the best

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Good idea, I support this.

Sublime

I think the difference between the FanArts subforum and the general Art Hall subforum is that FanArts is for Fan Arts (eg. Dragonball/Naruto/Harry Potter/etc works) while the general Art Hall forum is ONLY for ORIGINAL Art, like lets say you make an oil painting or some character design etc etc....
    Well, at least that's what I think the difference is...

Banned
    Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am the Lawyer that will
    defend you!

I support KillerVision.NO WONDER there has been no new post on FanArt !

Status
    Oct 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    I think the difference between the FanArts subforum and the general Art Hall subforum is that FanArts is for Fan Arts (eg. Dragonball/Naruto/Harry Potter/etc works) while the general Art Hall forum is ONLY for ORIGINAL Art, like lets say you make an oil painting or some character design etc etc....
    Sublime seems to be the only one to grasp the nature of the Art Hall in this thread thus far. I can't understand why this is so confusing but I'll just accept it. I'll post a quick guide explaining each board in the Art Hall section and we'll see how it goes from there.

EDIT: Added. Can be accessed here.

Last edited by CasualMisfit; 03-20-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I actually agree, but I think people are just used to posting all their art into one place. Personally I do; I don't really like the idea of separating out the threads. Not just that, it's more work for mods to have to move different types of artworks between the Fan Art sub-board, and the General Art section.

Also this is an anime/manga forum, so the majority will usually be Fan Arts, so I don't see why we needs a sub-board for it on its own.

Change is great sometimes, but some things are best left as they are since we never really wanted this change before as our current system was a great way to explore different arts from different members easily.

Art is art. If we're going to do this, we should have sub-boards for everything. Tone, Colour, Manga, Fan Art, Digital Art...

Last edited by -S-; 03-20-2013 at 06:33 PM.

Status
    Oct 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I actually agree, but I think people are just used to posting all their art into one place. Personally I do; I don't really like the idea of separating out the threads. Not just that, it's more work for mods to have to move different types of artworks between the Fan Art sub-board, and the General Art section.

Also this is an anime/manga forum, so the majority will usually be Fan Arts, so I don't see why we needs a sub-board for it on its own.

Change is great sometimes, but some things are best left as they are since we never really wanted this change before as our current system was a great way to explore different arts from different members easily.

Art is art. If we're going to do this, we should have sub-boards for everything. Tone, Colour, Manga, Fan Art, Digital Art...
    Taking that into account, I'd say the fan art section should simply be renamed in that case. When I first joined back in 2008, I actually thought original pieces could not be added (exclusively fan-art). However... I have to take public opinion into account. We'll leave it a tad longer and see how it pans out. If it's still troublesome for members to get used to... I'll consider a reform.

I agree with what is in bold and that is infact what led me to the decision of opening a general art board while not wanting to remove the fan art section. If I disregarded the latter... I would have lobbied to have the fan art simply removed (or should I say renamed) to make way for a just art themed board..

Last edited by CasualMisfit; 03-20-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualMisfit View Post
    Taking that into account, I'd say the fan art section should simply be renamed in that case. When I first joined back in 2008, I actually thought original pieces could not be added (exclusively fan-art). However... I have to take public opinion into account. We'll leave it a tad longer and see how it pans out. If it's still troublesome for members to get used to... I'll consider a reform.

I agree with what is in bold and that is infact what led me to the decision of opening a general art board while not wanting to remove the fan art section. If I disregarded the latter... I would have lobbied to have the fan art simply removed (or should I say renamed) to make way for a just art themed board..
    Ah, okay, sounds good.

Personally, I've already gotten used to it and acknowledged it, but it might get a bit annoying when newer members sign up and start deciding to posting wherever they feel like as usual. But I guess it will be just like any other board on NB with it's own sub-boards and rules.

Status
    Oct 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Ah, okay, sounds good.

Personally, I've already gotten used to it and acknowledged it, but it might get a bit annoying when newer members sign up and start deciding to posting wherever they feel like as usual. But I guess it will be just like any other board on NB with it's own sub-boards and rules.
    I have only had (if recollection serves me well) 2 incidents where something has been posted incorrectly by the same member.

I will however get onto clarifying the descriptions of each board as they are outdated.

For the record. Digital art and traditional are welcome on all boards within the Art Hall forums. This naturally excludes gfx work as there is a whole section for that.

Whether for or against, I appreciate your feedback and efforts to make NB enjoyable on all fronts!

Sublime

@S
    Well, there is no use for me to reply to your post since CM, who is responsible for the Art section already did ;p

I would just like to add, I don't disagree with merging the Art Hall with the Fan Art section suggestion, however, I can see the Art Hall as it is now gives more chances for the original works to be seen and not burried in a mass of Naruto/Dragonball copy works (no offence meant obviously, I voted for these many times in the Art Contest). So it kinda gives a boost to creative artists to show off their works.
    Anyway, I don't mind any changes, whatever works the best for the people that actually use the section, I'm in for it. I just felt like pointing that out.

And btw, since the matter 'Art Hall' has attention right now, and since we have agreed that for now 'Fan Art' means Fan Art can a change of the section's description be considered?
    What I'm suggesting is, change:

Made a drawing without using any graphics editing program? You can show them here.
    To something more appropriate, like...
    Made a Fanart of a manga/TV Show/Movie/Cartoon, show it here
    (or sth along these lines)
    Because as it is now, the description says ONLY Traditional Art can be submitted and doesn't actually explain what the section really is about. This leads people that draw Digital Fan Arts, to post their Art in either GFX or in the general Art Forum, while at the same time, people that draw original Traditional Art miss-post their works in the Fan Art section.

Edit:
    I have only had (if recollection serves me well) 2 incidents where something has been posted incorrectly by the same member.

I will however get onto clarifying the descriptions of each board as they are outdated.

For the record. Digital art and traditional are welcome on all boards within the Art Hall forums. This naturally excludes gfx work as there is a whole section for that.

Whether for or against, I appreciate your feedback and efforts to make NB enjoyable on all fronts!

Wow, I really took THAT long to reply.... I'm like...10 minutes late *-*
    Yeap, already covered me....

Last edited by Sublime; 03-20-2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: I type so slow T.T

Status
    Oct 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

And btw, since the matter 'Art Hall' has attention right now, and since we have agreed that for now 'Fan Art' means Fan Art can a change of the section's description be considered?
    What I'm suggesting is, change:

To something more appropriate, like...
    (or sth along these lines)
    Because as it is now, the description says ONLY Traditional Art can be submitted and doesn't actually explain what the section really is about. This leads people that draw Digital Fan Arts, to post their Art in either GFX or in the general Art Forum, while at the same time, people that draw original Traditional Art miss-post their works in the Fan Art section.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

@S
    Well, there is no use for me to reply to your post since CM, who is responsible for the Art section already did ;p

I would just like to add, I don't disagree with merging the Art Hall with the Fan Art section suggestion, however, I can see the Art Hall as it is now gives more chances for the original works to be seen and not burried in a mass of Naruto/Dragonball copy works (no offence meant obviously, I voted for these many times in the Art Contest). So it kinda gives a boost to creative artists to show off their works.
    Anyway, I don't mind any changes, whatever works the best for the people that actually use the section, I'm in for it. I just felt like pointing that out.
    Yeah I get you ;o

I'm an art student, and I've never really posted my Paintings here since I've felt too as if it would be outnumbered by all the anime/manga fan art (which I've posted here too), but I guess the general art sections opens new possibilities for me to show off my work there and away from the Anime/Style work.

Well hey, would you look at that, I've had a change of heart.

Sublime

Edit:

Wow, I really took THAT long to reply.... I'm like...10 minutes late *-*
    Yeap, already covered me....
    Yeah, I'll go cry in my corner now T.T
    *flies away*

Yeah I get you ;o

I'm an art student, and I've never really posted my Paintings here since I've felt too as if it would be outnumbered by all the anime/manga fan art (which I've posted here too), but I guess the general art sections opens new possibilities for me to show off my work there and away from the Anime/Style work.

Well, I'm glad I brought another point for consideration in this discussion ^^

Status
    Oct 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Yeah I get you ;o

Now you're thinking with portals!

Yeah, I'll go cry in my corner now T.T
    *flies away*

Well, I'm glad I brought another point for consideration in this discussion ^^
    Haha no worries... happens to me often too! :P

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You know, all that
    just sprinkles on the
    sundae." -Paul Walker

Yeah I get you ;o

Thanks guys, i appreciate the healthy convo to help out the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaterFtw View Post
    I support KillerVision.NO WONDER there has been no new post on FanArt !
    Thanks bro. i hope it gets better.
    Well technically that is the definition of Fan arts. ^^

But another point i wanted to share was the fact that why do we need to split something if the visitors are not in abundance in the 1st place.
    Like in business marketing for example. If the status quo of the establishment currently offers a specific line shall we say automotive BRAND new parts only and the sales are still continuing to go downhill, the best way to handle it is to attract more market by expanding current features through introduction of new set of line that also belongs to the same general field. Example, launching a SURPLUS parts supply along with the current BRAND new parts supply will definitely boost the market thus opening more chances for possible new interested audience.
    Just an analogy but with this thread I hope I did my part in helping the site to continue getting better.

Last edited by « Killer Vision »; 03-22-2013 at 12:09 AM. Reason: added a quote

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Yeah im with you KV. We need to get a message to one of the main guys.