Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Under-rated Techniques

Many argue with me when i say that Jiraiya is under-rated. Yes i know he is a sannin and obviously demands some respect, but I would put J-man in the top ten honestly. People only look at a couple of Jiraiyas attacks, but some of his moves that are overlooked are some of the craziest most over-powered moves of all time.

Hair ninjutsu: Jiraiya has already shown us in part one that Needle Jizo is a fantastic defense. He can seemingly do it without handsigns. What i didn't know was the volume to which he could manipulate his hair. He grabbed pain from several meters away. He can make hair senbon needles which he calls his fasted long range attack. Also, this move required no hand-signs.

Shadow Hiding technique: Although this move is supplementary and not an attack, hiding in someones shadow is a crazy useful ninjutsu move.

Dark swamp: On 45% power, jiraiya was able to INSTANTLY summon a gigantic swamp big enough to take down a large summon (3 giant snakes). This isn't a technique that can easily be escaped from and can be used in small areas like when jman placed a patch of it on the ceiling during the pain fight

Toad mouth techniques: Jiraiya has already demonstrated that he can hide himself in a small toad that can swim underwater. Inside this toad, jiraiyas chakra is hidden, making it potentially as useful as Muu's stealth move. Also, this toad can grab people with its tongue. Jiraiya also has toad mouth bind which in my opinion, is borderline a time space move. He can warp away an entire region (able to take in like 15 of pain dogs from an enormous range) and take them to a place that he has complete control over.

Summonings: Jiraiya has possibly the best summons in naruto history. He can summon the 3 GIANT toads gamabunta, gamaken, and gamahiro, but he can also summon a variety of small toads. While i can't explain why summoning ma and pa took so long (it really was just plot so the jiraiya fight lasted longer so we could see more of his moves), having ma and pa can be a fight ender. Pa has suiton jutsu strong enough to quickly cut in half a large summon from an impressive range. He can also use large scale wind techniques. Ma has a tongue that can grab people AND sense locations of hidden objects. With the combinded toad oil/fire/wind technique, ma and pa are a force to be reckoned with

Sage mode: Personally, i think Jiraiyas sage mode is stronger than narutos. Sure his is imperfect because he has to summon ma and pa, but ma and pa ENHANCE his sage mode and make the transformation last indefinitely. Jiraiya uses some frog features to his advantage (stronger grip on his feet etc). Much like naruto, jiraiya is able to attack with such speed and strenght to render hand to hand combat useless against him. He probably has better move anticipation than someone with the sharingan.

Rasengan: I'm just throwing this out there, but Jiraiya's sage art: Chou Oodama Rasengan, is much bigger than naruto's giant rasengan

Bottom line: Jiraiyas moves are VERY strong, and what makes him a powerful shinobi is that he hand selects moves that would improve his arsenal. He doesn't just pick up moves from his instructors (like naruto and sasuke), but he adapts his own fighting style to strengthen himself. For the record, i believe that jiraiyas moves make him a perfect match for the uchiha. I believe that in sage mode, he can predict and dodge amaterasu (sage mode naruto could dodge the 3rd raikages punch) but even if he COULD'NT, he could use the fire sealing scroll to remove the flames. There i said it. I believe that Jiraiya>Itachi. He could close his eyes and sense itachis movements to avoid tsukyomi (although ma and pa would be effectice at undoing an ORDINARY genjutsu if he needed them to). I believe that sage mode jiraiya could get past amaterasu, and even though itachi's susano'o has the totsuka blade, jiraiya is faster and has unlimited chakra in sage mode and could out last itachi who has piss-poor chakra. Come at me bro

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lelouch Vi Brittania Commands
    You

Re: Under-rated Techniques

This wall of text doe~

Follow my format dude! :D

http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=340874

You will burn Veritas. Sir Blades of Chaos's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    You would never guess, but its at my house ;)
    Post Thanks / Like
    #TH United.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanSk8 View Post
    This wall of text doe~

Follow my format dude! :D

http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=340874
    Then dont comment.
    but anyways, yeah there is some truth to what you say

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    these people suck

1000 years of death seriously i think this is what the alliance needs to turn this war around

seriously though the technique that guy dosu used

super underrated along with the character

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch!

Top Ten? No.

Top 30? Maybe.

Zabuza's Sword Handle DylanSwerve's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Playin shogi with edo Asuma

What issue was that?

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peace is a Lie, there is only
    Passion.

SUBSTITUTION JUTSU! There's no reason it can't get any character out of almost any jutsu. Amaterasu? Substitute. Elemental Attacks? Substitute. Rasengan? Chidori? Substitute.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Birthday soon :)

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer4276 View Post
    SUBSTITUTION JUTSU! There's no reason it can't get any character out of almost any jutsu. Amaterasu? Substitute. Elemental Attacks? Substitute. Rasengan? Chidori? Substitute.
    Characters hardly every substitute anymore lol I mean like the old fashioned substitute with a log

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just Chillin'

i agree with most of your points and agree that jiraiya is epicly strong but...

his sage mode < naruto's sage mode,
    why?

because:
    -naruto's if faster to activate
    -he can use senpou: chou oodama rasen tarengan (barrage which he used against kyuubi)
    -u dont need grip when u can use chakra to stay attached to a surface
    -and while naruto's sage mode activation is faster, he can also summon ma/pa faster

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ShonenAnimeFreak View Post
    i agree with most of your points and agree that jiraiya is epicly strong but...

his sage mode < naruto's sage mode,
    why?

because:
    -naruto's if faster to activate
    -he can use senpou: chou oodama rasen tarengan (barrage which he used against kyuubi)
    -u dont need grip when u can use chakra to stay attached to a surface
    -and while naruto's sage mode activation is faster, he can also summon ma/pa faster
    Hmm, its no big deal, but i tend to disagree. Do you have any proof or evidence that naruto is faster in his sage mode? Also naruto has never summoned ma or pa, so how do you know that he could summon them faster?. ALso, i don't believe that naruto can actually do that giant rasengan barrage. Naruto gets drained by 2 futon rasenshuriken. I think he can only use an attack of that magnitude inside his own head. But i'm open for debate

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by hixa kuogame View Post
    1000 years of death seriously i think this is what the alliance needs to turn this war around

seriously though the technique that guy dosu used

super underrated along with the character
    You are SOOOO right. This attack is a sound based genjutsu that is pretty much instant