Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    GO BUY SOME SOUP!

Where was Kakashi?

So here I am, re-reading Obito's flashback moment in the manga, when something odd came to me (as these things typically do when Im tired), and be warned before continuing: I am 100% over analyzing something that is basically irrelevant. Enjoy :D

----------------------

So back in chapter 605, the chapter where Obito went on a psychotic killing spree over an event that clearly has another story too, I noticed something rather odd: Kakashi and Rin's placement during Obito's massacre. Allow me to elaborate:

What you're looking at here, on the top panel, is a picture that details the positions of the key players. Obito can be seen towards the forest down at the bottom middle, and Kakashi and Rin can be seen in the middle dust cloud towards the top. It is also clearly shown that Kakashi is surrounded by the Mist ninja.

This image shows at the top right panel that even though Obito had drawn the attention of the Mist ninja, they still were relatively close to Kakashi and Rin's bodies. Obito then charges towards the Mist ninja, thus charging towards Kakashi and Rin.

Now, if you look closely here on this page, on the panels to the right we are shown quite clearly that Obito is only feet away from Kakashi and Rin's bodies.

Obito then runs to the Mist shinobi he speared, which should place him within 5 feet of Kakashi and Rin. It is here I would like to point out the mistake, as what happens almost immediately next is-

Logically, the placement of Obito, Kakashi and Rin SHOULD have resulted in Kakashi and Rin being speared to utter death by Obito's attack. You could theorize that maybe the attack only sprouted from the ground at a long distance, thus placing Kakashi and Rin within the safety zone of the attack, but to that I would like to point out this:

Not only does this show that the attack sprouts within 5-10 feet of Obito (placing Kakashi and Rin nearly smack dab on top of the branches), but also just look at the amount of blood coming down from the sky. Even if somehow Kakashi and Rin didnt get hit by those things, they would have either A) drowned in blood, or B) be covered in blood in which case Kakashi should have waken up taken one look at the place and go "WTF HAPPENED HERE??!!". Plus, if Obito truly hated Kakashi the way he does now for "killing" Rin, as I have shown with undeniable proof; Obito was within walking distance of an unconscious Kakashi. He could have walked over to his body, slit his throat, retrieved his other MS eye, and potentially unlocked the Rinnegan on his own. After all, in the previous chapter Zetsu upfront told Obito that with the Senju DNA in his arm, and with both of Obito's eyes together, Obito might unlock a power never seen before. But hey, maybe that's just me.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Where was Kakashi?

That whole chapter he does quite a bit of moving around, so it is hard to determine exactly where he is (there are a TON of ninja in the first picture you list). Also, Obito blacks out right before the giant swirl of trees page, so who knows where he is. Chapter 606 appears to have both Kakashi and Rin pretty close, and lying in some dark liquid (I take it to be blood). All this said, I enjoy how you thought about this, good work.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always Happy And Peaceful.

Kakashi was unconscious.... Just using MS while fighting Diedara resulted in hospitalization of a fully trained adult Kakashi.... Just imagine the strain on kid Kakashi due to the newly awakened MS.... I am sure he was badly strained and thats why got knocked out and didnt get back his counciousness till he received proper medical help.... :D :D

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

ehh, plot no jutsu?

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Madness is like Gravity, All
    it takes is a little push

He was unconscious

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have ascended!

You can clearly see kakashi and rin... lol

Almost a really nice find

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    GO BUY SOME SOUP!

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiMartian View Post
    That whole chapter he does quite a bit of moving around, so it is hard to determine exactly where he is (there are a TON of ninja in the first picture you list). Also, Obito blacks out right before the giant swirl of trees page, so who knows where he is. Chapter 606 appears to have both Kakashi and Rin pretty close, and lying in some dark liquid (I take it to be blood). All this said, I enjoy how you thought about this, good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Inanimated View Post
    You can clearly see kakashi and rin... lol

Almost a really nice find
    Oh... well this is awkward...

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have ascended!

Quote Originally Posted by Cfighter View Post

Oh... well this is awkward...
    I'm sorry!