Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Naruto Vs One Piece

DragonBall, naruto and one piece are unarguably the 3 most popular anime of all time and will probably not be surpassed for a long time

but the questions is overall which one is better Naruto or One Piece?

Disscus and bring some valid points to why you think naruto is better or one piece is better> Go

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Never lose.....

Re: Naruto Vs One Piece

Naruto>one piece. Althought two pieces> naruto lol

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    not yet... not yet.......

Naruto has a better storyline.

Im currently reading One Piece right now, and its very good and all, but Kishimoto's genius is just on another level.

Konoha no Kiroi Senko YellowFang's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    King of Kamuiland

Naruto... comparatively more realistic and have a natural sense of social life... Plotting was awesome before Kishi proved himself to be Sasuke's fanboy...

One piece... Better than the rest below and since no explanation required... That's it...

Tobirama/Madara/Hashi fan Hipster Madara's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2010
    In Kagerou-Haze S.Y.S.T.E.M. Something.You.Shouldn't.Trust.Ever.Man.( ̄へ ̄)
    Post Thanks / Like
    hipster-tobirama.tumblr.com

Depends on the person.
    I personally can't stand one piece.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mariah Carey- Almost Home

Naruto is Alot Better than One Piece...

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    NeoGAF is the only true
    forum...

For me I'm going with one piece. If you really observe OP, you will notice how Oda ties things from the past to the present extremely well. I love both series but I just think One Piece does a better job overall with story,adventure, and the characters. Each character has a unique personality and is given a fair share of screen time, and the enemies surrounding the main characters are questionable as not everyone is necessarily evil. The fights to me in OP are more enjoyable than Naruto. With that said, One Piece is one of the few anime that can actually make good fillers.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Common sense is awesome

Well asking on a naruto website wasnt the best idea, pretty biase here.

But i like naruto better than one piece and thats just my opinion, one piece has more sales than naruto and dragonball z but that doesnt really matter much.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bad is the new good

Both are epic.
    OP is advancing a little slow,especially in the beginning and it has some really OP battles that drag too long, of which I am not a fan.It has very interesting plot though and amazing characters.
    Naruto's plot is advancing faster and the battles,if we exclude the war arc, are not that OP or long.It has really nice characters too and the development of many are really amazing,it has many plot twists and in general is more appealing to me.
    So imo I prefer Naruto but I really believe OP is epic too.

Banned
    Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ban Count:20. Estimated Time
    Spent Banned: 4 3/4 Months

Quote Originally Posted by jquickhanz View Post
    For me I'm going with one piece. If you really observe OP, you will notice how Oda ties things from the past to the present extremely well. I love both series but I just think One Piece does a better job overall with story,adventure, and the characters. Each character has a unique personality and is given a fair share of screen time, and the enemies surrounding the main characters are questionable as not everyone is necessarily evil. The fights to me in OP are more enjoyable than Naruto. With that said, One Piece is one of the few anime that can actually make good fillers.
    this. maybe growing up with dbz and one piece makes it easier and or more enjoyable to watch, (although I tried to watch naruto but it just didn't seem as good) but it's so much better, and right now it's hitting it's strides and the sales in japan are proof of how well it's going. very well on the other hand I DETEST the naruto anime, it's terrible and riddled with shitty filler and some animation that leaves you going "wtf"? (take the whole pain v naruto fight *shudders*) however the manga I enjoy equally.

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Loved Naruto for years, so I'm biased.
    From what I've read of One Piece it's amazing too.
    But Naruto takes this for me personally, but I don't think it's "which is better" more of "what do you prefer" as neither is better, both are really awesome. :D

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "A thug changes, and love
    changes, and best friends
    become strangers"

story wise one piece>naruto, naruto story is too linear and sometimes feels like theres things thats not needed
    while in one piece theres things and people from chapter 1 that are still relevant today

which has the better world: one piece world>naruto world...naruto has 5 nations but 90% of the story is in the leaf village while in one piece we see the characters traveling the world and meeting new people,finding new locations,new people to fight

character development:zoro solo's

smarter characters and better fights:naruto>one piece

whose the better troll: kishi>oda...kishi is a god of trolling, imo only second to hiro mashima....lol I know this doesn't really matter but f*ck it

powers: like like devil fruits more than jutsu

one piece>naruto imo but both are great series

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ultimate dragon
    slayer-Salamander Natsu
    Dragneel

naruto is the most watched anime and most read manga but like sukitte said its more of what do you prefer.

Sweety!Get Mommy's Bazooka foxyladyland's Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Before you change the status,
    remember the censor-bypassing
    rules.

yeah , unfortunately kishi throws some things out of the fray...

like did sasuke or itachi even act like they cared about their mother??? it sickens me

but could have added the sevenswordsmen to the story........alive........
    jiraiya secret studnts: yahiko, nagato, konan............
    someone could have asked jiraiya about the time he spent away from the village(training them)
    could have gave us hints to what he had a secret or sumthin.......
    but manga dialogue keeps you thinking.......

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

one piece has better story and character development, look at naruto, aslong as you don't have a bijuu/sharingan/senju DNA ur useless, even the akatsuki became shit and looks pathetic compared to naruto, sasuke, madara, hashirama, obito, juubi, ... all these fancy techniques make those other "once good" ninjas look pathetic... even nagato became a freaking tool.

and don't even get me started on why part 1 was better, everything was still unique and everyone had a awesome moment, every character was epic, shino, neji, rock lee, everyone became fodder now, all those people who once were special and awesome are fodder now...
    kishi is clearly overrated, naruto is great but it's overrated

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flame road

Hmmm?
    I really like them both, but i might have to go with "Naruto"
    because i can relate more to Naruto then luffy, and the show tought me a lot even tho its an anime. i understand each character from every anime i've seen, And luffy and Naruto characters made great sense.

I mean naruto was just a kid who wanted to become "Hokage" and wanted to surpass sasuke. Now naruto grown up so much he understands himself and he understand his strengths and weaknesses. He had just a rasengan, now he evolved that simple move to something great. he has Sage,bijuu, he understands how it feels to lose something important to him.

And he made his weaknesse his strengths.

I think if people actually look at each character they'll understand them much better. And i understand naruto..

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am a girl, dammit.

Read both.
    OP=Naruto.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperius View Post
    one piece has better story and character development, look at naruto, aslong as you don't have a bijuu/sharingan/senju DNA ur useless, even the akatsuki became shit and looks pathetic compared to naruto, sasuke, madara, hashirama, obito, juubi, ... all these fancy techniques make those other "once good" ninjas look pathetic... even nagato became a freaking tool.

and don't even get me started on why part 1 was better, everything was still unique and everyone had a awesome moment, every character was epic, shino, neji, rock lee, everyone became fodder now, all those people who once were special and awesome are fodder now...
    I agree with this, although I do think that Shippuden started out really good. it all went downhill a bit after Sasuke vs Itachi.

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

One piece is bad. The story is crap, the characters are childish, are the drawing is too wacky.

It's hard to compare one genre to another, but Naruto definitely takes the cake.

Senior Member Ero sennin jiraiya's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well personally I like Naruto better than one piece, but I'm not 100% up to date on one piece and am only about half way through the current available material.

This is a Naruto site so no doubt you're going to get a larger number of people saying they like Naruto better than one piece. If you were to make this thread on a one piece site, it would be the opposite. This isn't really a legitimate place to make the judgement. Threads like this are best for other forums like ones dedicated to anime/manga in general as you will get a more accurate response of peoples feelings.

For me I like the art and storyline in Naruto better than in one piece. At times One Piece seems too goofy and more focused on humor whereas Naruto seems more serious more often, at least in part 2. I think the overall plot of Naruto is better than that of one piece because of the philosophical message and the amount of thought provoking material. The villains are much better done IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperius View Post

I would agree that the power scaling has gotten quite ridiculous recently. The likes of Madara and Hashirama make the sannin look like utter shit, which is sad considering in part 1 they were basically the strongest characters around, with only the 3rd hokage and Itachi/Kisame at their level.

However I think the story was just meant to be this way. Since the beginning Madara and Hashirama have been seen as legends. They are supposed to be like another generation of the SO6P's sons, and the SO6P himself was godlike and created all jutsu. Before the war arc the power scaling was done nicely and the fights were more interesting than what I've seen in OP.

However I still need to get further in OP to make a final judgement. I've seen more of Naruto and have spent much more time watching the anime and reading the manga than I have with One Piece.

I noticed a lot of people are saying OP anime is better than Naruto anime, but I don't necessarily agree. I don't like the naruto fillers but besides the fillers its been pretty good, whereas I first tried getting into OP by watching the anime and didn't like it. I started reading the manga and enjoyed it much more, and haven't bothered with the anime since.

I started with Naruto by watching the anime and didn't start reading the manga until I had watched all the available anime episodes. I now read the manga regularly and have read most manga chapters and even bought most of the volumes, but I still watch the anime as well when it isn't filler ridden.

Last edited by Ero sennin jiraiya; 03-21-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Why would you ask this on a Naruto forum?

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    ..cloves burning scent..

I can´t even bare looking at oNE pIEece´s art..tried reading it, did not enjoy the exp.
    Nowadays i don´t enjoy DBz as when i was just a kid, Naruto´s proven fun and nice to look AT, even trollier than db at moments

Academy Student
    Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

naruto for me, one piece is a lot better from a story standpoint not gunna lie, sometimes kishi just writes bullshit(except for part 1, imo its still better but part 2 is reaching its climax so il probably change my mind), Naruto has its problems, some terrible animation, fillers worse than pokemon fillers, but the anime still has one of the best Osts ever hands down. The art style and character designs have a much more "cool factor" I guess, but that's not something everyone cares about, but for example, if sasuke acts depressed, his emo hair and arrogant flair make it more enjoyable then lets say, usopp, because no offence he looks like pinocio. I also prefere the themes, while it has its fair share of childish stuff like " lets protect are friends just because!" it also explores a lot of darker stuff, in the very first arc of part 1 we had zabuza and haku for example, the plot is also a lot more accessible because its well paced with a decent amount of twists and mysteries to keep you interested, the Naruto sasuke rivalry is a pretty epic and the fights are more tactical and better looking, again no offence but apart from zoro, one pieces fighting can be quite awkward to watch. Not to mention it doesn't take several arcs to get good unlike OP. Imo an anime like Fairy tail is on one extreme, as it has a lot of flair with good music cool characters and explosive powers, but no story and epth+character development, one piece is the other extreme, amazing story and character development but a bit awkward and boring at times, whereas naruto is the best of both.

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking

Naruto is more drama,One Pice is more comedy,They both entertain you but differently. Dragonball was a mix of both.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    The blanket of death will
    cover you with its dark
    warmth...!

Quote Originally Posted by yoshimitsu View Post
    One piece is bad. The story is crap, the characters are childish, are the drawing is too wacky.

It's hard to compare one genre to another, but Naruto definitely takes the cake.
    So true. I could never get into One Piece, and I can't stand Luffy as a MC.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»