Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Status
    Mar 2011
    -.-

Re: Names in front of Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Susano'o View Post
    When you learn proper English and punctuation, then you can call me an idiot. But until then, I think we all know who the idiot is.
    You know criticizing someones "English and punctuation" is weak and sad. You both are in the wrong, but you know.
    You could always ignore threads when people put there user in the title. Making such a fuss for a small little thing.

Because here in America we have freedom of speech, and when something is on my mind, I'll say it. So, don't worry about it, k?
    Using freedom of speech to argue back. :sy: If you're allowed to speak your mind, I don't see why you're being so bloody judgmental about someone (let's be honest you're targeting one member) posting their name on the the title of their own thread...

I will admit, it annoyed me one way or another a while back. But I never made a thread about it, and I got over it, and now I am mates with said person.

Last edited by Nathan.; 03-22-2013 at 07:09 AM.

Status
    Dec 2012
    つ ◕_◕ ༽つAMENO༼ つ
    ◕_◕ ༽つ

Because here in America we have freedom of speech, and when something is on my mind, I'll say it. So, don't worry about it, k?
    But doesnt somone have the freedom to name their threads whatever they want?

Status
    May 2008
    LOVE THE SARA FOREVER!

A thread complaining about this issue has been done before. As weird, perhaps egotistical and somewhat self centered, or cool and intelligent that action (putting your name in a thread title) may seem to you or someone else, the truth is that its not a rule breaking behavior nor something that actually hurts the base and its members. This said, its not a behavior that one needs to correct if in the end result, its nothing more than a trend.

And since you mentioned the free speech argument, it actually goes both ways. If you are allowed to voice your opinion (which you are as long as within the boundaries of the Global Rules of NB) so are others and, in a similar way, are entitled to put their names in the thread title if so is their will to do.

Why do members do it? Is it correct or wrong? It doesn't matter much as the issue itself is if it breaks or not the rules and if it hurts or not the base. It doesn't so its not something that needs to be enforced or corrected by the staff.

Page 2 of 2 « First 12