Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    working on my manga/mixtape

Should we have seen Izuna vs Tobirama? and what does this mean for gamers?

I am a big critic of all manga as a artist/author working on my own manga i plan to release later this year . While the chapter may seem rushed. I am almost certain we will know more once madara tells his side of the story via flashback. At this point i am more interested in how he will execute it during the battle.

For those saying izuna was not important and fodder, that is complete rubbish. His death is the catalyst for one of the main antagonist reasons for upheaval in the shinobi world. The only char who can explain his story and showcase his ability is madara IMO.

For my fellow gamers out there, if i am wrong in my assumption this could be a pain for future naruto games. Mainly when there is no char development, game makers will either make up skills or simply deem the char unimportant enough to include. I have always hated how the 1st and 2nd were in early games while madara was not. Even in the latest series his move set is trash and seems very rushed. In short it's all glits and glamour but no substance it seems.

So my overall question is do you want madara's side (which should be the short version). Also if the seven ninja swords men were not included even though we saw them showcase their skill, do you really ever expect and great ninja storm game with all the shinobi we have ever seen showcase a justu including movie villans (like the dbz game series eventually had to do)

Thanks my fellow narutards, i can't wait to see what you ladies and gents think.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could use some new friends

Re: Should we have seen Izuna vs Tobirama? and what does this mean for gamers?

I think Izuna was important in terms of developing Madara's character, but I don't think he serves much of a role other than that. As much as we all would have enjoyed a Tobirama vs Izuna fight, there are more important matters to attend to such as the status of the shinobi alliance and what Sasuke plans to do with the kage.
    Also Izuna and the 7 swordsmen should be strictly support.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    working on my manga/mixtape

Quote Originally Posted by Moe22 View Post
    I think Izuna was important in terms of developing Madara's character, but I don't think he serves much of a role other than that. As much as we all would have enjoyed a Tobirama vs Izuna fight, there are more important matters to attend to such as the status of the shinobi alliance and what Sasuke plans to do with the kage.
    Also Izuna and the 7 swordsmen should be strictly support.
    That is very true, yet if that is the case then we might as well not expect much from tobirama either. one guy's brother is the main reason for the current edo's being alive in a sense. And the other, in death is the main reason for this war also. should we disregard the author hyping up the uchiha brothers skill set?, only to see such a lack luster battle? hashirama's story serves no real purpose to sasuke. Sasuke is pretty much hearing the same rhetoric over and over from many chars. which leads me to believe we will see that battle threw madaras eyes also. Other wise how will kishi drag out this war?

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Izuna should have a fight with Madara.
    That whole chapter was rushed horribly; no explanation as to how hashi & Madara got their leadership roles, nothing about who Madara/Izuna had to kill to get MS, and it jumps from Izuna getting stabbed to Madara having MS
    I personally think that there should be Madara's side to it eventually, just for the sake of an interesting backstory(I'm not saying this wasn't intersting, just has lost potential)

And also, Izuna should probably be support if he was in Storm 4, we need space for edo kages and Jin/Kinkaku

Sweety!Get Mommy's Bazooka foxyladyland's Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Before you change the status,
    remember the censor-bypassing
    rules.

it means tobirama will only have anime moves and sword ftg jutsu
    and izuna will only have sword strikes

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could use some new friends

Quote Originally Posted by Rasenloki View Post
    That is very true, yet if that is the case then we might as well not expect much from tobirama either. one guy's brother is the main reason for the current edo's being alive in a sense. And the other, in death is the main reason for this war also. should we disregard the author hyping up the uchiha brothers skill set?, only to see such a lack luster battle? hashirama's story serves no real purpose to sasuke. Sasuke is pretty much hearing the same rhetoric over and over from many chars. which leads me to believe we will see that battle threw madaras eyes also. Other wise how will kishi drag out this war?
    Good points, I guess we'll see

THE KAMI OF ALL CREATION! JUICEMON GENESIS's Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Daisy's #1 Apprentice!!!

Daisy agrees with all of your points that you stated. However, the Naruto games, especially the Storm series are known for leaving out semi-improtant characters. The most notible thing was the absence of the sound 4, Zabuza, and Haku from storm 1, and no Ino in clash of Ninja Revolution (and choji) & Revolution 3

And from a manga standpoint, I believe skipping Izuna was more of a hinderance on Tobirama's part since we still know nothing about him, and also Izuna, the MS Madara equal, one of the two Uchiha to awaken the Mangekyou, remains a mystery. And we still didn't see his Susano'o (assuming he has one sinceMadara's has 2 faces AND he would need something just as haxed to compete on equal grounds with Madara) OR HOW & WHY he relinquished his eyes to Madara. It just leaves so many unanswered questions.

In conclusion, I agree with you. And still wonder what lies in the fture of the Storm series AND the story.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "In the Temple of Uchiha
    Gods".

It's soo disappointing to rush this arc, especially not showing any of Izuna'a backstreet and his skillset that rivaled his older brother.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patience is a Virtue...Being
    tested on a regular puts a
    strain..Don't test this if u
    aint bout that life

Quote Originally Posted by Rasenloki View Post
    I am a big critic of all manga as a artist/author working on my own manga i plan to release later this year . While the chapter may seem rushed. I am almost certain we will know more once madara tells his side of the story via flashback. At this point i am more interested in how he will execute it during the battle.

For those saying izuna was not important and fodder, that is complete rubbish. His death is the catalyst for one of the main antagonist reasons for upheaval in the shinobi world. The only char who can explain his story and showcase his ability is madara IMO.

For my fellow gamers out there, if i am wrong in my assumption this could be a pain for future naruto games. Mainly when there is no char development, game makers will either make up skills or simply deem the char unimportant enough to include. I have always hated how the 1st and 2nd were in early games while madara was not. Even in the latest series his move set is trash and seems very rushed. In short it's all glits and glamour but no substance it seems.

So my overall question is do you want madara's side (which should be the short version). Also if the seven ninja swords men were not included even though we saw them showcase their skill, do you really ever expect and great ninja storm game with all the shinobi we have ever seen showcase a justu including movie villans (like the dbz game series eventually had to do)

Thanks my fellow narutards, i can't wait to see what you ladies and gents think.
    Hopefully we get some dlc's to fill in those needs..it would be great to use Izuna

Artistic Shinobi Nakamazi Itchigo's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, listen up..!! Heroes are
    people who share their booze
    with other people!!! 'I' WANNA
    DRINK MY BOOZE!!! - Roronoa
    Zoro

Seeing that full fight is not important to the story, only the outcome and that's what we saw so I don't see why people are complaining..

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well, I don't think they really fought. If I recall correctly Tobirama slashed Izuna and then they retreated. After which he died. OR he was killed by Madara who's lust for power craved the EMS.