Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

time in bleach

Is it just me or does time in bleach not move?
    This Issin incident is supposed to have occured about 100yrs ago, however the structuresin karakura town (spelling) looks well to be in the same timeline as things are now kind of a 2013 feel??

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kayoken32

Re: time in bleach

who says it's supposed to be 100 years ago??

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Look at the leaf village when hashirama founded it in the last chapter it is close to the current one

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'm failing to see how this affects the story in any way.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

The time is different in the soul society. The soul reapers that are there and live there can live a very long time unlike the people in karakura town.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

This Issin incident isn't happening 100 years ago. You're thinking of the urn Back The Pendulum Mini-Series, which was 110 years ago.
    A time frame isn't given, it only says "Back to the past.. Where the soul is."

We see Ryūken Ishida and Masaki Kurosaki as children or young adults, so I took it to mean it happened 15-20 years before the start of the series.

But I could be wrong.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    My heart on my sleeve and the
    world in my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitvol View Post
    This Issin incident isn't happening 100 years ago. You're thinking of the urn Back The Pendulum Mini-Series, which was 110 years ago.
    A time frame isn't given, it only says "Back to the past.. Where the soul is."

We see Ryūken Ishida and Masaki Kurosaki as children or young adults, so I took it to mean it happened 15-20 years before the start of the series.

But I could be wrong.
    Beat me to it.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    meh

you must be a kinda....well>_>

ichigo mother is there how this would be 100 years?...-_-

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It's probably around 20/25 years before Ichigo obtained his shinigami powers.
    After this incident with Vasto Lorde, Isshin lost his shinigami powers and started dating/married Masaki, then Ichigo came and his sisters, and then unfortunately she died when Ichigo was like, 7 years old? What happened next, you all obviously know.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well, its possible Isshin and Masaki as well as many other characters we dont know their ages for to be well over a 100years old at the very least. Take Rukia for instance, she is well over 100 years old (even stated so in the first dozen chapters and episodes of the anime) and she looks not much older than 15-20 compared to other characters. So lets say they all age the same and at the same rate (with exception of Yamamoto the Captain Commander). given Isshin and Masaki's looks they should be around 300-400 years old. So i would say that incident appearing in the manga right now with Isshin, the Black Hollow, Aizen and Masaki would be a possible 20-100 years ago. Isshin looks like he is definitly at least 20 years younger than he does current time, same with Ryuken.

But a bit more on topic with how Bleach's time works in their realities. I think its possible that time may be slower in the real world of humans, rolls by 10x fast (or faster) in Soul Society (Which could be why they dont age much...) and when they train in the Dangai using that Technique Isshin and Ichigo used, they slowed time within time in a 4th dimension to train for 1 year.

But alas at this time its hard to tell how time is perceived.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommirao Uzamaki View Post
    who says it's supposed to be 100 years ago??
    in that pendalum arc where we are introduced to how the vizards came to be....i think they put that time stamp which coincides with this 1 of iishin

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 who knows View Post
    Is it just me or does time in bleach not move?
    This Issin incident is supposed to have occured about 100yrs ago, however the structuresin karakura town (spelling) looks well to be in the same timeline as things are now kind of a 2013 feel??
    It was not 100 years ago...
    Look at Masaki and Ryuken. How would they be alive if it was 100 years ago?

This flashback takes place within the last ~20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 who knows View Post
    in that pendalum arc where we are introduced to how the vizards came to be....i think they put that time stamp which coincides with this 1 of iishin
    Isshin was not a Captain at that time. Shinji didn't recognize his reiatsu.

Quote Originally Posted by adventnova View Post
    given Isshin and Masaki's looks they should be around 300-400 years old. So i would say that incident appearing in the manga right now with Isshin, the Black Hollow, Aizen and Masaki would be a possible 20-100 years ago. Isshin looks like he is definitly at least 20 years younger than he does current time, same with Ryuken.

But a bit more on topic with how Bleach's time works in their realities. I think its possible that time may be slower in the real world of humans, rolls by 10x fast (or faster) in Soul Society (Which could be why they dont age much...) and when they train in the Dangai using that Technique Isshin and Ichigo used, they slowed time within time in a 4th dimension to train for 1 year.

But alas at this time its hard to tell how time is perceived.
    Masaki is a human.

No one uses the Dangai to train. Ichigo and Isshin were only able to because Aizen destroyed the Kototsu.

Last edited by NLee; 03-29-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by NLee View Post
    Masaki is a human.

No one uses the Dangai to train. Ichigo and Isshin were only able to because Aizen destroyed the Kototsu.

Masaki is Quincy, they are their own race. They have not been specified as Human and they live longer than humans as well. Juha Bach is a great example of this since he was there 1,000 years ago at the start of the Quincy Shinigami Blood War, hense the Starting Chapters name of the 3rd Arc of the Bleach Saga.

Ok, you are right on the part that no one uses the Dangai to train, and they only did so because Aizen destroyed the Kototsu. However Isshin did mention that he trained in there once before while he was (i believe) in there with a squad searching/scouting and thats how he found out he could use his reiatsu/reishi to fight the "Walls of time" (im just calling them that because i can think this morning) from sucking you into pretty much a timeless oblivion for eternity. That was the purpose of the Kototsu, to knock everything in its path into the walls.