Banned
    Status
    Mar 2013
    Lmao NvG still hates my
    guts...

[Spoilers]Zoro's New Eye Technique....

As we have seen in the New Chapters in One Piece Zoro has been cut on his left eye! And there has been many theory's on how it's going to affect him!
    I will give the 2 most popular theory's first and then mine

1.Demon(ONI)Eye because of his most used attacks (Oni Giri (鬼斬り Oni Giri?, literally meaning "Demon Slash") and because of his fight between t-bone when his left eye glows red! And the reason that its cut is because if he opens it could hurt Zoro or Zoro is trying to have more of a challenge when fighting!(Some type of Kenpachi Eye Patch thing bleach refrence)
    T Bone fight where Zoro has red eye

2.The eye literally does nothing and the only new technique that he has is Haki!

3.My personal theory! I think that Zoro's left eye is shut! BUT here me out here one of the few techniques we have seen from Zoro is the Asura Demon!
    The Asura Demon comes from Buddhism and Hinduism cultures! Well in Buddhism text we see that the Asura demon is a sort of Demi-God that becomes from the six human paths of rebirth
    Naraka
    Preta
    Animal
    Asura
    Deva
    (Six paths of Pain yes I know)
    Asura demons have been know to have more limbs and other organs like EYES!
    What I'm trying to say is Zoro has Awakenes the Third Eye
    Or in Buddhist culture The heavenly eye that has replaced his left eye or has added one on his forehead!!!

"The heavenly eye penetrates what is without obstruction"-Buddhist text

The Heavenly Eye is said to see defects and weaknesses in ANYTHING as in Buddhist culture states! That's means he will be able to work around tough enemies SEE weak spots and cut through tougher material than STEEL!!!

My reason why I think this is true one of them being that Zoro no longer has the bandana over his head! Because Daz Bones mentioned how Zoro was stronger with his bandana on(Covering fore-head where The Heavenly Eye is supposed to be located in Buddhist culture).
    Zoro with asura demon

What I'm trying to go in more on this topic I think Zoro's new eye will be located on his fore-head or replaced his left eye
    And the Heavenly Eye is technically not a demon eye it is an eye that has been given through enlightenment and training ones mind body and soul!!!

Last edited by NeverEnding; 03-28-2013 at 11:14 PM.

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

Re: [Spoilers]Zoro's New Eye Technique....

So, like, the Jigan eye from YYH?

And I read another thread on here that said that Zoro is keeping his eye closes until he meets Mihawk, who is doing the same.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Chilling with Roshi, Sanji, Brook and Jiraiya at bathhouses.
    What does DNA stand for?
    National Dyslexic Association
    ofc!l

That'd be cool but either way, Zoro is still a boss.

Banned
    Status
    Mar 2013
    Lmao NvG still hates my
    guts...

Quote Originally Posted by Yusuke Urameshi View Post
    So, like, the Jigan eye from YYH?

And I read another thread on here that said that Zoro is keeping his eye closes until he meets Mihawk, who is doing the same.
    Kinda like the jigan eye...

Future Greatest Swordsman
    Status
    Aug 2012
    Stuck between a Rock and a Hard place lol...
    Looking for PICA!!!

Interesting idea I have also heard he might have something along the lines as a hawk eye or something similar to Mihawks.

Banned
    Status
    Mar 2013
    Lmao NvG still hates my
    guts...

Quote Originally Posted by Straw Hat Zoro View Post
    Interesting idea I have also heard he might have something along the lines as a hawk eye or something similar to Mihawks.
    Heard that one too!!!

Status
    Jul 2011
    An opinion is not a fact...

Hmm maybe it'd be pretty badass though if the moment he opened his eye he suddenly used the conquerors Haki or perhaps he closes one eye as in he's challenging himself even more.

Status
    Jul 2012
    "Akuma no Ko" Robin

Well if anything in that regard I would assume that the eye is still his, but possesses some unique design to it (not Hawkeye's Hawk eyes....ahh like saying the same thing twice...), but instead some sort of demonic looking eye (maybee something like Kurama's eye, or maybee just a red eye or a glowing one like the T-Bone eye).

However, for now I think it is closer to a battle scar as a result of his training. Possibly a new would from a battle with Mihawk. As opposed to getting his Torso slashed open, he was only cut in the eye...while a bad wound..it is an insane improvement from his old injury.

I'd say this, Luffy's X shaped scar, and what in the world Robin did are three of the biggest Time-Skip mysteries.

Admiral
    Status
    This user has no status.

He's already doing stuff like Mihawk with the eyes. I'm telling you he killed Mihawk and took his eye!^_^

Status
    Mar 2013
    Diplomatic

Quote Originally Posted by KGB Kakuzu View Post
    Well if anything in that regard I would assume that the eye is still his, but possesses some unique design to it (not Hawkeye's Hawk eyes....ahh like saying the same thing twice...), but instead some sort of demonic looking eye (maybee something like Kurama's eye, or maybee just a red eye or a glowing one like the T-Bone eye).

However, for now I think it is closer to a battle scar as a result of his training. Possibly a new would from a battle with Mihawk. As opposed to getting his Torso slashed open, he was only cut in the eye...while a bad wound..it is an insane improvement from his old injury.

I'd say this, Luffy's X shaped scar, and what in the world Robin did are three of the biggest Time-Skip mysteries.
    Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't Luffy's x shaped scar from the war? When Jimbe is carrying him and gets magma punched through the chest and it scrapes Luffy too?
    Even if the scar wasn't 100% caused by the burn, Law had to operate on him to save his life so that could be why it is in such an odd shape. (an x)
    However I could be completely off because it's hard to confirm unless Luffy or Law say so since the one time he's not wearing bandages his vest is all buttoned up (before the time skip).

Status
    Jul 2012
    This user has no status.

i think its like in gamaran "the divine eye' this is an eye that see's through an opponents technique, i think that is how he saw through t-bone's technique!!!!!

Status
    May 2012
    रोक सकता है
    तो रोक ले।

Real pirates used to close one of their eyes so that they could see in dark places by opening the closed eyes and closing the open eye. Maybe that may be the reason.. Or maybe one eye gives you more precision while slashing...

Status
    Oct 2011
    #Status

Here's my theory, he got injured fighting the monkeys and lost that eye.

Don't overthink it o-o

The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour

you overthinking it dude...

Admiral
    Status
    This user has no status.

We would have known long time ago if he had lost it or not though. So since Oda hasn't addressed this issue it's more than likely he hasn't lost it

Banned
    Status
    Mar 2013
    Lmao NvG still hates my
    guts...

Quote Originally Posted by Tybone View Post
    Here's my theory, he got injured fighting the monkeys and lost that eye.

Don't overthink it o-o
    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    you overthinking it dude...
    It's a theory!!! Just trying to come up with something interesting!!! And your answer was theory 2!!!

Status
    Sep 2012
    Hmmm...

Well, personally I just think he got cut by either Hawkeye or most likely his sparring partner, the one that had copied his moves. But on that note, I wouldn't him having like a demon eye or something, that would be pretty badass

Status
    Jan 2013
    What is this madness?

Quote Originally Posted by oerash11 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't Luffy's x shaped scar from the war? When Jimbe is carrying him and gets magma punched through the chest and it scrapes Luffy too?
    Even if the scar wasn't 100% caused by the burn, Law had to operate on him to save his life so that could be why it is in such an odd shape. (an x)
    However I could be completely off because it's hard to confirm unless Luffy or Law say so since the one time he's not wearing bandages his vest is all buttoned up (before the time skip).
    I think the x shaped wound is from the war too

Back to the topic: I don't know what to think. At first I leaned on theory 2 but I like your idea as well. I mean it would be amazing if your theory is correct and it isn't a flesh wound from training. But who knows? Oda extremely good at keeping his cards/plot a secret

Status
    Apr 2012
    egg

Quote Originally Posted by KGB Kakuzu View Post

The Red Dog caused his scar. Oda said it in a SBS.