Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Passed my chunnin exams! I
    want to become the greatest
    (Ho)Kage! That is my Dream! XD

Madara didn't survive because he couldn't

People are saying that madara got stabbed because he got cocky. He deactivated EMS after he thought that hashirama was dead, but let's take a look.

Spoiler Alert

So we see a close up, of the EMS, in the bottom left panel. Some people hypothesize that this foreshadows madara using Tsukuyomi/Izanagi/some other theory. The next page is...

This. Fight isn't over yet. Hashi is standing and ready but, bottom right panel, his EMS is still off? It's hard to see from the top panel, but it's off throughout this page. Continue through...

He continued through with his final attack with his EMS off. This would be illogical if he could have used it, as the EMS would help predict hashirama's movements and reduce his chances of a failed attack. Why risk getting hit when you can reduce those chances by simply activating your sharingan? Maybe because you couldn't.

What am i getting at? I believe that madara was also drained of chakra at this point. fusing all those Susano'o swords into a controlled kyuubi to bring down 1000 hands must have been taxing on his chakra. Just Sustaining Kyuubi requires chakra. Having a PS stabilized around it would require a large amount of chakra. Finally, Breaking off susano'o swords into a bijuu-dama, then creating more and more would require massive levels of chakra. These susano'o swords are pretty massive in the first place.

Look Closely at top panel. The outlines of the Susano'o sword can be seen.

What if Madara was just out of chakra by this point, hence why mokuton clones were able to easily work on him. And why they resorted to a simple last-ditch taijutsu only face off. Madara stabbed hashirama and thought that he was dead, but hashirama still had enough chakra for a mokuton. Without chakra to use his EMS, madara could not see the mokuton clone. Hashirama was able to get in behind him and do what he should have done several time ago.

EDIT: http://narutobase.net/forums/showthr...1#post10984551

Last edited by AGoodBoy; 04-03-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Legends live Forever.

Re: Madara didn't survive because he couldn't

Might be true, nice work.

But I assue to believe Hashirama was under Tsukuyomi, so that he could believe Madara is dead, while he wasn't, don't forget that there's just no other explanation how could've Madara survived, when Hashirama was laying right next to him, and he's so sure he killed his friend.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAGE of THE HIDDEN LEAF

A plausible theory. Good efforts.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Tobirama, Obito, Nagato,
    Naruto, and Konohamaru fanboy.
    People who go against me are
    mere fodders in comparison.

Madara had no chance against hashirama.
    He lost everytime they fought.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrLukyso View Post
    Might be true, nice work.

But I assue to believe Hashirama was under Tsukuyomi, so that he could believe Madara is dead, while he wasn't, don't forget that there's just no other explanation how could've Madara survived, when Hashirama was laying right next to him, and he's so sure he killed his friend.
    I can't Explain how madara survived. Tsukuyomi seems plausable, but what I don't Get with it is that his sharingan was off. Whenever anyone uses genjutsu/tsukuyomi, their sharingan is still active, not deactive.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

And yet he's alive. Which means he either got reincarnated - and no one would revive him - or he used genjutsu.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    And yet he's alive. Which means he either got reincarnated - and no one would revive him - or he used genjutsu.
    Never disputed that, but it doesn't explain why his sharing an was off, or why he'd let hashirama actually stab him when he could have easily killed hashi in that case. If he wanted to play dead, he could have done so without risking damage to his heart and/or lungs.

BTW I've seen your thread... This isn't to dispute it, this is just a theory on how he got stabbed and/or fooled by Mokuton clone.

EDIT: your thread did seem plausible, but those few holes I couldn't overlook.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patience is a Virtue...Being
    tested on a regular puts a
    strain..Don't test this if u
    aint bout that life

Great theory and points i still don't think Madara cast a genjutsu unless he states it himself..Why?? Hashirama had sensory abilities and was known to have knowledge and used gentjutsu..Makes more sense that Madara lost alot of his chakra as did Hashirama but remember the senju are know for their life force and stamina..So he had a lil more left and saw he needed the W

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Possible theory. But... remember that madara gain a portion of hashirama's cell that's "clinging" on his body? It's the exact same spot where he got stab...

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Horus needs a break!

I Believe this Theory. But Madara Probably Survived By Putting Hashirama Under Tsukuyomi Before He "died" !
    Thanks and *****.
    Good Job!!!

Last edited by Horus; 04-03-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JTO View Post
    I Believe this Theory. But Madara Probably Survived By Putting Hashirama Under Tsukuyomi Before He "died" !
    Thanks and *****.
    Good Job!!!

possible, but if he possibly didn't even have energy to flip on a basic sharingan, it's doubtable he could do a tsuku :P
    Madara pulled off some wack nonsense that he'll explain later

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

If he wanted to play dead, he could have done so without risking damage to his heart and/or lungs.
    That was Hashirama's POV. For all we know half the battle was in his head.

The only theory that seems plausible other than genjutsu for me is that he - Madara - ran out of chakra and couldn't use the sharingan anymore, but then again, Hashirama was still up and kicking, using clones and stuff.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    That was Hashirama's POV. For all we know half the battle was in his head.

The only theory that seems plausible other than genjutsu for me is that he - Madara - ran out of chakra and couldn't use the sharingan anymore, but then again, Hashirama was still up and kicking, using clones and stuff.
    Are you agreeing with my thread, then?

It's possible it was all in his head, but it's unlikely as the evidence was in his arm, the landscape, and the blood on his sword. More likely only bits and pieces were an illusion if anything. I'm not ruling out genjutsu, however, as this theory doesn't explain how madara survived.. I'd have to think of a plausible scenario for how he survived; Other than genjutsu, that is.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Legends live Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by AGoodBoy View Post
    I can't Explain how madara survived. Tsukuyomi seems plausable, but what I don't Get with it is that his sharingan was off. Whenever anyone uses genjutsu/tsukuyomi, their sharingan is still active, not deactive.
    @BOLD: IMO Madara did that to make Hashirama believe that Madara believed Hashirama was defated ( Confusing I know ), but to make it simple he did that to make sure Hashirama "Kills" him.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Don't give up if you
    haven't tried" -
    Nagazudead

Nice theory.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrLukyso View Post
    @BOLD: IMO Madara did that to make Hashirama believe that Madara believed Hashirama was defated ( Confusing I know ), but to make it simple he did that to make sure Hashirama "Kills" him.
    That seems a bit complex of a plan. Simply killing madara and using his body as a test subject would have been better, don't you agree?
    By doing what you suggest, madara risks getting carried back to konoha and buried/destroyed so that no one else will find his corpse. By just killing hashirama, he would be able to walk away with all the dna he needed. I really think madara was just caught by surprise at that last stab... He didn't even notice that the real hashirama got behind him at some point.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Izanagi is a better theory than Tsukuyomi. With Tsukuyomi, Hashirama would become aware he was no longer under the genjutsu after it ends, since it lasts 3 seconds. After it's over, Hashirama would either collapse then wake up later and realise something had happened or the illusion would stop and he would see Madara's dead body no longer there and still know something was up. Alternatively, it's plausible Madara might have used a genjutsu to control Hashirama into walking away because he thought Madara was dead, but if Madara could do genjutsu to that level on Hashirama, what would have been the point of the battle in the first place. I highly doubt Hashirama is that perceptible to genjutsu to the extent that he wouldn't have known he was in one after he was no longer in the genjutsu. Izanagi makes more sense because it isn't subject to any of these problems that other sharingan genjutsu has.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well it was obvious the fight was on other level plus the attacks were too powerful so both Madara and Hashirama were bound to have low on Chakra in the end