Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Masaki's quincy cross

Although we didn't see it, I assume she wears a quincy cross on her left wrist due to forming a bow in her left hand. However, she later forms a miniature bow in her right hand. So far, I've never seen a quincy use more than one quincy cross, so I don't think Masaki has more than one quincy cross either.

So, that makes me question, how did she do it. Though being Ichigo's mother, I bet she has powerful abilities, such as not needing a quincy cross. It does sound like something Kubo would do.

IKSOKRIPS = X-O-Creeps IKSOKRIPS's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Need help with the Timeline of
    Naruto? I'm the man you need!

Re: Masaki's quincy cross

I have no idea how she did it (most likely, the Quincies can change the shape of it), but that move was straight gangsta. She blowed the Hollow's brains.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Interesting question indeed. But like you said, if the Quincy is powerful enough there would be no need of their Cross. I may be over thinking, could be a false thought, but i think very very early in the Manga after the Rescuing of Rukia from SS, Ishida went to hide had a spring occassionally and retrained after losing his powers, well the powers that were not his due to using a Quincy Warrior's glove which gave him a amplified power boost. Anyways if i am recalling right, i could be wrong here, but i believe there was several flash backs of him and his grandfather and they mightve mentioned something along the lines of the cross are only actually used to forge/manifest the Bows and Swords

As for what looks like the final blow to the "Black Arancar" hollow in the latest chapter... looks like she shot it in the neck and it bit her at the same time. In the explosion of the attack it looks like the head is still intact. This explains the wound on her shoulder at the start of this flash back when she helped heal Isshin.

With that being said about the bite. I am kind of hoping Kubo wasnt going for a "Vampirism" effect, infecting who was bitten, contaminating their DNA. That would be kind of a cheap un-unique blow to Ichigo's creation. Then again this could explain a few things, since she heals Isshin, her powers may have been tainted by the bite and effected Isshin. Its just speculation i guess.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by adventnova View Post
    With that being said about the bite. I am kind of hoping Kubo wasnt going for a "Vampirism" effect, infecting who was bitten, contaminating their DNA. That would be kind of a cheap un-unique blow to Ichigo's creation. Then again this could explain a few things, since she heals Isshin, her powers may have been tainted by the bite and effected Isshin. Its just speculation i guess.
    Interesting way to describe it, But I was thinking along the lines of what Ginjo once said. Fullbringers are born from one of their parents being attacked by a hollow. Since this hollow was originally a shinigami, it might have had a different effect on Ichigo when he was inside her womb, hence why his hollow transformation looked so similar to this hollow. I'm sure there's more to it but this is still early speculation.