Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~

Isshin's Engetsu (final getsuga) **may contain spoilers**

So Isshin told Ichigo his engetsu didn't want him to learn the final getsuga, so does that mean that he has used it before? Otherwise how else would he know that there was a final getsuga?

So lets assume that he did use it, then how did he get his powers back?
    1. Maybe he had something to do with full bringers
    2. He couldve had shinigami transfer powers to him as they did with ichigo.

Him losing his powers may explain how masaki died. I mean if he had lost his powers during this time he wouldnt have been able to prevent it.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do we preserve our legacy
    while planting seeds for the
    future? Is it a dilemma, a
    challenge? Or are we simply
    unwilling or unequipped?

Re: Isshin's Engetsu (final getsuga) **may contain spoilers**

I'm seriously wondering how and when Isshin lost his powers at this point. Was it sometime after the battle with the Hollow (as of the latest chapters?) Because I would see little justification to use something as powerful as FGT on a Hollow like that. (Besides, Masaki was the one who defeated it... right?)

Isshin got his powers back from Urahara, same way they did to Ichigo in the Fullbring Arc probably.

But the more interesting question is the first one I stated.

Did Aizen similarly frame Isshin like he did Urahara later on, which would lead to the loss of his powers?

Or did another circumstance reveal itself in which Isshin had to resort to FGT?

This is all speculation, but what I can assume is that Isshin WOULD NOT have used FGT in that battle.

Or maybe he lost his power some other way that we don't know yet.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~

I dont think a framing issue would lead to the loss of his powers, cuz hed probably run away and meet up urahara some how. And yea masaki did defeat the hollow so I doubt he used FGT there. Im assuming that since hes badly injured she takes him to the ishida residence where he then meets ishidas dad and gets told off because hes a shinigami.

Here's another question, since we found out he was a captain back then where the hell was he during the turn back the pendulum arc?

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do we preserve our legacy
    while planting seeds for the
    future? Is it a dilemma, a
    challenge? Or are we simply
    unwilling or unequipped?

Quote Originally Posted by animeklu View Post
    I dont think a framing issue would lead to the loss of his powers, cuz hed probably run away and meet up urahara some how. And yea masaki did defeat the hollow so I doubt he used FGT there. Im assuming that since hes badly injured she takes him to the ishida residence where he then meets ishidas dad and gets told off because hes a shinigami.

Here's another question, since we found out he was a captain back then where the hell was he during the turn back the pendulum arc?
    This was a source of confusion when the chapters introducing Isshin first came out. TBPend was 100+ years before the current Bleach Timeline. Isshin was most likely captain 20-25 years before the current timeline, meaning he became 10th division captain after TBPend.

This makes sense because the Vizards didn't recognize him during the battle at FKTown.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ausar View Post
    This was a source of confusion when the chapters introducing Isshin first came out. TBPend was 100+ years before the current Bleach Timeline. Isshin was most likely captain 20-25 years before the current timeline, meaning he became 10th division captain after TBPend.

This makes sense because the Vizards didn't recognize him during the battle at FKTown.
    Wat I dont get even more is how the hell did they even have a baby? I mean isshin is supposed to be dead right? Also, wtf was that quincy guy saying ichigo was his son born from darkness? So if he was ichigo's dad.... o wait but that guy is like 1000s of years old... plus that wouldnt explain Karin and Yuzu lol ( at the plot hole where dead people can actually get older at a very slow rate)

**Unless Isshin was still alive thatd mean hed have to be a shinigami rep like ichigo? But the only problem is at that time urahara hadnt created those gigai yet I dont think

Last edited by animeklu; 04-05-2013 at 12:49 AM.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    An opinion is not a fact...

Wat I dont get even more is how the hell did they even have a baby? I mean isshin is supposed to be dead right? Also, wtf was that quincy guy saying ichigo was his son born from darkness? So if he was ichigo's dad.... o wait but that guy is like 1000s of years old... plus that wouldnt explain Karin and Yuzu lol ( at the plot hole where dead people can actually get older at a very slow rate)

**Unless Isshin was still alive thatd mean hed have to be a shinigami rep like ichigo? But the only problem is at that time urahara hadnt created those gigai yet I dont think
    It was never stated that a Shinigami couldn't have a baby with a human, people just assumed which I find pretty stupid...it's probably just against the rules for a Shinigami and a human to get involved but it's not like it can't happen.

Either way a lot of people are going to have to forget about the whole age difference thing in Bleach it's really not that big of a deal, as either way whoever turns out to be Ichigo's father (Personally I believe it's Isshin) there going to be at least a couple of hundred years older than Masaki.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by TheHokage View Post
    It was never stated that a Shinigami couldn't have a baby with a human, people just assumed which I find pretty stupid...it's probably just against the rules for a Shinigami and a human to get involved but it's not like it can't happen.

Either way a lot of people are going to have to forget about the whole age difference thing in Bleach it's really not that big of a deal, as either way whoever turns out to be Ichigo's father (Personally I believe it's Isshin) there going to be at least a couple of hundred years older than Masaki.

Umm it isnt stupid to assume that a dead person can come and produce offspring with a living person... that makes no sense at all

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I've always assumed that it was because he was in a gigai, that he was able to conceive a child with Masaki. I remember something in the earlier chapters about Rukia; that she would have become an ordinary human if she stayed in that gigai, Urahara made for her. Maybe this is how Isshin was able to get Masaki pregnant.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by gazz uzumaki View Post
    I've always assumed that it was because he was in a gigai, that he was able to conceive a child with Masaki. I remember something in the earlier chapters about Rukia; that she would have become an ordinary human if she stayed in that gigai, Urahara made for her. Maybe this is how Isshin was able to get Masaki pregnant.
    I have thought of this too, but we fail to see him using a gigai at any point of the show. I guess u could say they "left" that part our to show as an explanation now, but thatd be a real lame excuse

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

it wouldnt be lame technically, because that wouldve given all of Isshins background away of who he may have been. We only come to find out he was part of the Captain Squads here in the 3rd Ark, the last third of the first ark we found out he was a Shinigami. Ichigo had no idea and it wouldve raised a lot of questions for him to ask and us as readers/watchers to start picking the story apart.