The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [April 2013]

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
    Well Train, good to see you woke up on the prick side of the bed as usual.

That sounds vaguely familiar. Like song lyrics.
    Depends on the voice you read my comment in, and how you hold your mouth. It also helps if you're wearing a captain's hat. ^_^

Of course they're song lyrics.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    Depends on the voice you read my comment in, and how you hold your mouth. It also helps if you're wearing a captain's hat. ^_^

Of course they're song lyrics.

Yeah, despite the fact that I know this song, I would never remember the name or who it's by. It's one of those songs for me. The lost and the unknown. Bless em.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Yeah, despite the fact that I know this song, I would never remember the name or who it's by. It's one of those songs for me. The lost and the unknown. Bless em.
    Yeah...I think it's like Deep Blue Something...I can never remember. rofl

It does seem to be a band and a song that everyone loves, but no one knows about. ^_^

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Lord is my light and my
    salvation; whom shall I fear?
    the Lord is the strength of my
    life; of whom shall I be
    afraid

Let's talk about something befitting of us as writers. What is your favourite novel? Poem?
    What is your least favourite novel? Poem?

I'll go first *ahem*

Right now its Sherlock Holmes as fav, I don't have a fav poem.

I HATE TWILIGHT!!! I donr have a least fav poem.

And you guys?

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trying to make my dream of
    getting published a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzumaki16 View Post
    Let's talk about something befitting of us as writers. What is your favourite novel? Poem?
    What is your least favourite novel? Poem?

I'll go first *ahem*

Right now its Sherlock Holmes as fav, I don't have a fav poem.

I HATE TWILIGHT!!! I donr have a least fav poem.

And you guys?
    I'll follow that

Poems, I suppose I could call Poe's The Raven one that I like, so I guess it could be my favorite, as well. Least favorite would be virtually any other poem in existence

Novels is a tougher decision, because I actually do read them, but haven't in so long. Just cause I don't want to say Harry Potter, I guess I'd single out Artemis Fowl as one I enjoyed more than others, as well as one of the few I DIDN'T read as a school assignment For least favorite, I'd say Twilight, though of course, being of the male gender, I've never actually read it, so I don't really know

Hey, has anyone seen My Left Foot before? I've been hearing about it and all and I'm thinking about renting it out from the school library.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Lord is my light and my
    salvation; whom shall I fear?
    the Lord is the strength of my
    life; of whom shall I be
    afraid

Harry Potter's a close second for me

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Writing some stuff... It's a
    surprise...

DAT NEW CHAPTER!!! I love it.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trying to make my dream of
    getting published a reality.

Amen, man!! Absolutely 100% epic!!

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Edo Hokages, they be a coming! Madara's face is gonna be priceless.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

You guys do realize that you're getting excited about someone else's story, right? O_o The only difference between Kishi and you guys is that Kishi actually did something with his story and put it out there. It's like some star-struck sorta' thing, Kishi's story sucks fat ball sacks to be perfectly honest. He couldn't write an interesting plot that made sense if his life depended on it, yet because he's posted his work for the world to see, everyone loves it. The Naruto story started out okay, but it took a nose dive and should have been terminated when they made Sasuke go off and join Orochimaru. That's officially the worst plot twist I've ever heard of, and that should have killed the show, for the life of me I cannot figure out why it's still going.

Even more importantly I can't figure out why people think someone is great merely because they're work is published. I mean heck, Indiana Jones is a wonderful set of movies, but the Crystal Skull was like watching Spielberg and Lucas rape Harrison Ford. I don't want to watch that movie again even though I love Indiana Jones, I'm just not a sucker, I know it's a pile of crap. For some reason though, today's society strongly supports crap. I think it has something to do with an extreme lack of talent, so something must fill the void.

All I'm saying is stop looking at other people's published work and think it's great. The only difference between published work and unpublished work is that one's published and the other's not...it has no bearing on whether it's good or not, and whether it's good or not has no affect on its success in any way what-so-ever.

Just thought I'd let you all know. ^_^

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bored & Hungry

I doubt I'll place with those ^^" But maybe next time, my grammar has gotten better each new chapter I have written and every chapter becomes more unique from the original, now, when I get to the Chuunin Exams, that is when some very interesting changes will begin. If I make it to Shippuden, oh yes, Boy do I have plans>

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

You guys do realize that you're getting excited about someone else's story, right? O_o The only difference between Kishi and you guys is that Kishi actually did something with his story and put it out there. It's like some star-struck sorta' thing, Kishi's story sucks fat ball sacks to be perfectly honest. He couldn't write an interesting plot that made sense if his life depended on it, yet because he's posted his work for the world to see, everyone loves it. The Naruto story started out okay, but it took a nose dive and should have been terminated when they made Sasuke go off and join Orochimaru. That's officially the worst plot twist I've ever heard of, and that should have killed the show, for the life of me I cannot figure out why it's still going.

Even more importantly I can't figure out why people think someone is great merely because they're work is published. I mean heck, Indiana Jones is a wonderful set of movies, but the Crystal Skull was like watching Spielberg and Lucas rape Harrison Ford. I don't want to watch that movie again even though I love Indiana Jones, I'm just not a sucker, I know it's a pile of crap. For some reason though, today's society strongly supports crap. I think it has something to do with an extreme lack of talent, so something must fill the void.

All I'm saying is stop looking at other people's published work and think it's great. The only difference between published work and unpublished work is that one's published and the other's not...it has no bearing on whether it's good or not, and whether it's good or not has no affect on its success in any way what-so-ever.

You're making too many assumptions Train; one, most people know Kishi's not a good writer. That's why he does manga and doesn't write novels.

Two, a story doesn't have to be well written to be entertaining. Manga/anime is not well written, but it can be very entertaining. The Hunger Games and Twilight were awful, and written excessively poorly. (I hate both of them.) And yet so many people still enjoy them.

Honestly, you've been very confrontational on very minor things lately, and quite honestly it is starting to wear a little thin in the fun department. You don't have to 'tutor us' on everything under the sun. It's nice of you to presume to do that, but let me tell you now that there's a certain extent to which that is useful.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

You're making too many assumptions Train; one, most people know Kishi's not a good writer. That's why he does manga and doesn't write novels.

Two, a story doesn't have to be well written to be entertaining. Manga/anime is not well written, but it can be very entertaining. The Hunger Games and Twilight were awful, and written excessively poorly. (I hate both of them.) And yet so many people still enjoy them.

Honestly, you've been very confrontational on very minor things lately, and quite honestly it is starting to wear a little thin in the fun department. You don't have to 'tutor us' on everything under the sun. It's nice of you to presume to do that, but let me tell you now that there's a certain extent to which that is useful.
    ...and this is why I think it's so sad that you can't see nor have the ambition:

http://www.blenderguru.com/about/

This man did it, and he makes a lot of f**king money now. What did he do? He pursued his dream and didn't take no for an answer. This man would see your post just now and identify you as the problem, not the solution. I walk through life looking at everyone, and they all just seem to not know where they're going. No drive, no hunger, no desire, no flame burning inside them. No, everyone just walks around with a dumb look on their face like they can't figure out why they're alive. I certainly can't figure out why they're wasting perfectly good oxygen either.

It is defeating when day after day you see person after person whose only goal is to suck your soul with their depressing lack of motivation. I have to draw from every source I can to pump myself up every day; you people in this world are just losers sitting on your asses. WTF?

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    surprise...

Germanicus, I couldn't have said it better myself. (Truth be told, I wouldn't) You sir, are right. I'm sure if Kishi was a good writer, he would have written Naruto books.

I couldn't get through the first chapter of HG. It was awful. My Tale of the Sage is better written.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

There's nothing wrong with enjoying other people's work. O_o

It's rather easy to entertain simple minded people. I agree Twilight was terrible, along with 50 shades, but I never read the Hunger games.
    ...and this is why I think it's so sad that you can't see nor have the ambition:

http://www.blenderguru.com/about/

This man did it, and he makes a lot of f**king money now. What did he do? He pursued his dream and didn't take no for an answer. This man would see your post just now and identify you as the problem, not the solution. I walk through life looking at everyone, and they all just seem to not know where they're going. No drive, no hunger, no desire, no flame burning inside them. No, everyone just walks around with a dumb look on their face like they can't figure out why they're alive. I certainly can't figure out why they're wasting perfectly good oxygen either.

It is defeating when day after day you see person after person whose only goal is to suck your soul with their depressing lack of motivation. I have to draw from every source I can to pump myself up every day; you people in this world are just losers sitting on your asses. WTF?
    There are so many things that play a part in becoming published. Like actually finishing your work or even money can be an issue. I'm not making any excuses for anyone but just to assume that none of us writers are doing anything about it is just wrong. -_- You can't assume things about situations you may know nothing about. Calm down Sam and just let others enjoy what they want to. O_o

Edit: Though I do agree with you to some extent as well Sam. Anything can be published and people will buy it, that's just how it is.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneChick View Post
    There's nothing wrong with enjoying other people's work. O_o

It's rather easy to entertain simple minded people. I agree Twilight was terrible, along with 50 shades, but I never read the Hunger games.

There are so many things that play a part in becoming published. Like actually finishing your work or even money can be an issue. I'm not making any excuses for anyone but just to assume that none of us writers are doing anything about it is just wrong. -_- You can't assume things about situations you may know nothing about. Calm down Sam and just let others enjoy what they want to. O_o

Edit: Though I do agree with you to some extent as well Sam. Anything can be published and people will buy it, that's just how it is.
    Where's the drive though. Just for example, if I said my first post to my brother, he'd have been giving me fist-pumps and hollering out "preach it!" I say that stuff to you guys and nothing happens. You don't get out your tomahawks and start doing war dances around a camp-fire. Nobody stands up and says "yeah, what the f**k are we doing, let's get it on!" There's no battle-cry that goes out. Nothing.

If I was in the military and the drill sergeant told me he only wanted to see elbows and asses, I'd be damned if that's not the only thing he saw. My first post meant this: "hooah!" I didn't get a "hooah!" back though, I got a "ah, serg., my feet hurt and I'm a little pu**y". So my question remains: WTF?

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bored & Hungry

Don't smile and say your stating your opinion when you are saying, "The plot line sucks ball sacks" That is not an opinion, it is an insult. To say it sucks or is very poor is an opinion. And Fairy tail hardly even has a plot at all so who do you think you are?
    And if you like hatin' on Naruto so much, why are you here? Why/ How are you a sannin?
    And really, Really??? You have two FF of the Month awards so what game are you playing? Do you not understand the point of FF? It is meant to be tribute to the original piece or a spin-off, "Oh, I wonder what would happen if this never happened/ If things were like this instead" And overall just too write. It is not that people cannot write original or "good" stories on their own, they chose to write of other worlds. I have original stories, that people usually rate 10 on originality and 7-10 on how good it actually is just when I tell them the plot line. Fan fiction is for the same purpose as Fan Art, because that is what it is. It is not to gain fame for others work, where do you even get that from? And I am sure that some of your word rings true to some, but your trying to bash all of Naruto and the FF community?
    And that is your opinion that Sasuke leaving ruined everything, the popularity of that opinion is arguable, but none the less not the only one. There are plenty of arguments to be made that things only got better from there.
    Last thing, the plot doesn't make sense? 1 Fairy Tail (Really?) 2 genre is under fantasy 3most things that don't make sense too you, ie names, beasts, abilities, are all based off of Japanese folk lore if you ever gave enough shits to look some things up. And even if you didn't, there is nothing that just doesn't let you sit back and enjoy the series, (Other than why is Kisame part shark? How did that happen?)
    You are off topic and unnecessarily rude, please leave

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Quote Originally Posted by VlaudFenikkusu View Post
    Don't smile and say your stating your opinion when you are saying, "The plot line sucks ball sacks" That is not an opinion, it is an insult. To say it sucks or is very poor is an opinion. And Fairy tail hardly even has a plot at all so who do you think you are?
    And if you like hatin' on Naruto so much, why are you here? Why/ How are you a sannin?
    And really, Really??? You have two FF of the Month awards so what game are you playing? Do you not understand the point of FF? It is meant to be tribute to the original piece or a spin-off, "Oh, I wonder what would happen if this never happened/ If things were like this instead" And overall just too write. It is not that people cannot write original or "good" stories on their own, they chose to write of other worlds. I have original stories, that people usually rate 10 on originality and 7-10 on how good it actually is just when I tell them the plot line. Fan fiction is for the same purpose as Fan Art, because that is what it is. It is not to gain fame for others work, where do you even get that from? And I am sure that some of your word rings true to some, but your trying to bash all of Naruto and the FF community?
    And that is your opinion that Sasuke leaving ruined everything, the popularity of that opinion is arguable, but none the less not the only one. There are plenty of arguments to be made that things only got better from there.
    Last thing, the plot doesn't make sense? 1 Fairy Tail (Really?) 2 genre is under fantasy 3most things that don't make sense too you, ie names, beasts, abilities, are all based off of Japanese folk lore if you ever gave enough shits to look some things up. And even if you didn't, there is nothing that just doesn't let you sit back and enjoy the series, (Other than why is Kisame part shark? How did that happen?)
    Okay, my last one, I swear, I'll leave you ambition-less people be. Do you see what I mean though? Like this guy has no idea what I'm talking about, he's totally clueless. He actually thinks I'm talking about Naruto. *facepalm*

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

This contest isn't just about fan fiction. None of my medals were won based off "ff stories". Sam's not being rude, a little head strong, but that's only because he WANTS us to get published! He WANTS his fellow writers to be noticed because he see's the potential in them. He is trying to put motivation into us that we lack. The ff community isn't just ff anymore and I hope you come to appreciate those that aren't just about fan based fictions.
    Okay, my last one, I swear, I'll leave you ambition-less people be. Do you see what I mean though? Like this guy has no idea what I'm talking about, he's totally clueless. He actually thinks I'm talking about Naruto. *facepalm*
    I do see what you mean though Sam. I really do. Every time I go into Barnes and Noble and see books that are so popular and yet written so terribly I think to myself, "I can write better than this!" I do understand the push you're trying to get us to and appreciate it as well. It's much needed but just turn it down a notch. lol

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bored & Hungry

Ambition-less? And no, I don't think you are just talking about Naruto, whatever your excuse or reasoning, you being rude, self-rightious, arrogant, condescending prick.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

Ambition-less? And no, I don't think you are just talking about Naruto, whatever your excuse or reasoning, you being rude, self-rightious, arrogant, condescending prick.
    In a sense Sam is right though. If we were ambitious we would be published already and that's the point he was getting at. Those that know him is whom he was directing his words to. (not to everyone) He is in the same boat with us "ambition-less" people as well as he hasn't been published either, but he wants us all to succeed in life. He cares about those that know him and his words may seem harsh, but it's not rude; just some tough love.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Okay, I'll tone it down, Fi. I can't write my book though, I'm too busy saving my dad's store from collapsing and it's totally taking all my time. However, I am going to be quite wealthy at some point so my dream is merely prolonged. In order to reach my goal I have to go into the Heart of Darkness with a platoon of soldiers and wage war against the world itself. You guys can just sit and type some stuff, I'm sure most of you get a few hours at night, right?

I used to have the time. Now when I get a chance I choose to relax for the couple hours I get here and there instead of write. I'm just too beat to start typing. You all, on the other hand, can do it still. Unless something like my situation pops up in your life and you're practically working three jobs, you'll always have the time. The question is, will you use it.

@Vlaud STFU. ^_^

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

Okay, I'll tone it down, Fi. I can't write my book though, I'm too busy saving my dad's store from collapsing and it's totally taking all my time. However, I am going to be quite wealthy at some point so my dream is merely prolonged. In order to reach my goal I have to go into the Heart of Darkness with a platoon of soldiers and wage war against the world itself. You guys can just sit and type some stuff, I'm sure most of you get a few hours at night, right?

I used to have the time. Now when I get a chance I choose to relax for the couple hours I get here and there instead of write. I'm just too beat to start typing. You all, on the other hand, can do it still. Unless something like my situation pops up in your life and you're practically working three jobs, you'll always have the time. The question is, will you use it.

@Vlaud STFU. ^_^
    That's terrible Sam. I hope everything gets better for you and I know how you feel. Before I had the little one I was working two jobs and never had the time to write. Life is hard and I understand what you're going through, to some extent. I can write for a few hours at night once the little one goes to bed but usually I'm so tired that I go to sleep about an hour after her. Take care of yourself Sam, things will get better for you eventually.

@DoubleA49 yes things are somewhat better here, but it's always one thing after another, you know? How are you?

Last edited by ThatOneChick; 04-10-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

That's terrible Sam. I hope everything gets better for you and I know how you feel. Before I had the little one I was working two jobs and never had the time to write. Life is hard and I understand what you're going through, to some extent. I can write for a few hours at night once the little one goes to bed but usually I'm so tired that I go to sleep about an hour after her. Take care of yourself Sam, things will get better for you eventually.
    Yeah, that's really hard. Once she gets older though you'll have more and more time to yourself and you'll be actively looking for something to keep you occupied like writing. ^_^

My situation has a light at the end of the tunnel, so it's not that bad. However, to reach the light I have to be an unstoppable force with limitless enthusiasm. I have to go through hell with a smile on my face. So when I see some ***** *****' whining about anything these days it just makes me want to smack em'. I'm just going around smacking ***** *****'s now.

Like literally right now I'm working on this seminar, but my brother's calling me and he wants me over at the store so there's some sexy-time, right now no-one's feeling sexy over there and that's bad for sales. This seminar is something I have to get done though, I have to let the sales suffer for one day so I can be back full-time the rest of the week. Right now I'm just moving through capture screens and waiting for little progress bars while my business is dragging elsewhere. Yay.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    surprise...

@DoubleA49 yes things are somewhat better here, but it's always one thing after another, you know? How are you?
    Awesome ^_^ I understand, a couple weeks ago was awful for me, and it keeps coming back. I'm alright, thanks for asking!

@S. Train

I wouldn't call myself ambition less. It's more like I write for fun. I enjoy writing, but not nearly as much as politics and economics. Not to mention, it helps a ton with grammar and word usage, which will be used in future essays and speeches. I might get something published, maybe an autobiography, but it won't be anything now. (I do like TotS, but it's a spinoff)
    You also know my age (my 16th birthday is tomorrow) and I don't want to spend the money (much less my parents) on a publishing before everything else.