View Poll Results: Do Hashirama and Tobirama Underestimate Minato?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 45.76%
  • No

32 54.24%
Page 2 of 4 « First 1234 Last»
    Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

Re: Hashirama and Tobirama underestimate Minato

Quote Originally Posted by NagazuDead View Post
    Each characters has both weakness and good things

Hashirama has no weaknesses!

He makes Bijuu his Pets!
    his wood is just too hard and stiff and penetrates ALL

Status
    Sep 2012
    Delivering Divine Justice

Minato might get redemption on the battlefield

Status
    Mar 2012
    100% chance troll 50% chance
    your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Narutoga View Post
    Where did 1st and 2nd underestimate minato
    it was never stated
    this????? the only thing i have seen was tobi go OMG A FORTH????? WHAT? thats pretty much it? he was excited as sheot?

Status
    This user has no status.

Minato is young and in their eyes inexperienced. Tbh, in comparison he is. You cannot compare shinobi born in a village to shinobi born at the actual battle field. Hashi/Tobirama does not underestimate any hokage, but Minato is nothing like them, so they will be surprised.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Swiming in liquid methane on
    Titan.

Fact is if Minato was a Sage which is the only thing remotely capable of bring him up to a power level compared to Hashi and Tobi then he would have used it to help him suppress Kurama during Naruto's birth....

Hence its obvious Minato doesn't have anything else to show us that will increase his feats. Speed and Intelligence makes him the perfect assassin and close in melee opponent, if his Hiraishin is so advanced that he can use it to "appear" to be in multiple places at once -which is likely considering his reputation of killing many Iwa nins in seconds.

Hashirama seems to be the perfect battlefield warlord, altering the battle field for himself and his army at his leisure.

Tobirama seems in my eyes to be the one that is the odd one out, I would be more curious about his skills and how the they match up to Minato's.

As for Hiruzen I have no clue as to what I should label him as lol.

Status
    Jan 2013
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wy View Post
    this????? the only thing i have seen was tobi go OMG A FORTH????? WHAT? thats pretty much it? he was excited as sheot?
    I never said that the Manga clearly STATED that they underestimate him. I only gave evidence as to why they might currently think this. Plus when Tobirama reacted to Minato being the Fourth Hokage, it was before any intel about him was brought to his attention. They were simply surprised that they had been dead so long because when they were last resurrected, Hiruzen was still hokage and Minato was already dead. This made them think that there was still no 4th Hokage at the time, and were shocked that the 4th had already died. That is why he was surprised.

After hearing about how he died and how his reign as Hokage was so short, and a controversial one at that, Hashirama and Tobirama likely think that he wasn't exactly up to par to have been a Hokage. That is all I was trying to say in my post.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Relaxed...

I don't see how anyone underestimated him. Hashirama doesn't seem like a person to underestimate his foe let alone a hokage. Tobirama might it seems like he gives off the prideful presence... Anyways for the reason Hashi asked Tobirama to teleport them is actually a very simple one, he doesn't know Minato's justsu's.. and even if he did he doesn't exactly know the guy well enough to just tell him to do something that he knows his little brother can do... This is all assumptions but if i was in Hashirama's shoes i'd rather ask my brother before a stranger.. i mean wouldn't you?

Status
    Jan 2013
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniclion View Post
    I don't see how anyone underestimated him. Hashirama doesn't seem like a person to underestimate his foe let alone a hokage. Tobirama might it seems like he gives off the prideful presence... Anyways for the reason Hashi asked Tobirama to teleport them is actually a very simple one, he doesn't know Minato's justsu's.. and even if he did he doesn't exactly know the guy well enough to just tell him to do something that he knows his little brother can do... This is all assumptions but if i was in Hashirama's shoes i'd rather ask my brother before a stranger.. i mean wouldn't you?
    Hmm, it seems you didn't completely read my post. I simply used that as an example to show that Hashirama and Tobirama have absolutely no knowledge of Minato's skills, that's all. You can go back a re-read the second half of my post if you want.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Relaxed...

So you believe that they think hes an average joe? They know hes the 4th hokage why would they expect him to be something less? It's a possibility that they will be impressed but I'm sure that they don't consider him weak or anything that wouldn't be very Hokage of them would it

Status
    Jan 2013
    This user has no status.

So you believe that they think hes an average joe? They know hes the 4th hokage why would they expect him to be something less? It's a possibility that they will be impressed but I'm sure that they don't consider him weak or anything that wouldn't be very Hokage of them would it
    Yea, of course he's no Average Joe, he was a Hokage after all!!
    Haha, It's just that as I was reading the past several chapters, Kishi kept portraying Minato as a weakling compared to Hashi, Tobi, and Hiruzen, and it was really starting to bother me so I wanted to know if anyone else felt the same way.

Senior Member Ero sennin jiraiya's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

Well they really don't know what he is capable of and haven't commented on his strength at all yet so I don't see how they could be underestimating him. Tobirama and Hashirama didn't even know who he was initially.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Relaxed...

Quote Originally Posted by Arugon View Post
    Yea, of course he's no Average Joe, he was a Hokage after all!!
    Haha, It's just that as I was reading the past several chapters, Kishi kept portraying Minato as a weakling compared to Hashi, Tobi, and Hiruzen, and it was really starting to bother me so I wanted to know if anyone else felt the same way.
    Yeah I understand what you mean, they kinda just kept him in the shadows. I wish they would of talked a little bit more with Minato about the attack on the village, not a full on flash back but an explanation, ya know? Would of enjoyed the reactions of the group, can't get enough of the reactions, haha. But they had to talk about Hashirama's past to learn more about how everything started and to build up whats coming next. Plus who better to learn about what a ninja is and what a village is than Hashirama :D

Status
    Jan 2013
    This user has no status.

Yeah I understand what you mean, they kinda just kept him in the shadows. I wish they would of talked a little bit more with Minato about the attack on the village, not a full on flash back but an explanation, ya know? Would of enjoyed the reactions of the group, can't get enough of the reactions, haha. But they had to talk about Hashirama's past to learn more about how everything started and to build up whats coming next. Plus who better to learn about what a ninja is and what a village is than Hashirama :D
    Idkk, I think the whole meeting with the 4 Hokages and Sasuke's decision was too rushed. Kishi simply rushed through Hashi's flashback and pretty much didn't let anyone else even talk except for a few interruptions from Tobirama. I mean don't you think Minato being Naruto's father is kind of a big deal to Sasuke?? That was the conversation I was looking forward to the most and it wasn't even an afterthought...

Status
    Feb 2013
    Passed my chunnin exams! I
    want to become the greatest
    (Ho)Kage! That is my Dream! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Sage of all Shinobi View Post
    Tobirama has excellent sensing abilities, he would have sensed any massive chakra emanating from Minato and mentioned it by now.
    Chakra level aside, Minato will surely impress everyone with his speed and skills.
    tobirama was able to raise his chakra levels. That already should tell you that ninjas are somewhat able to conceal their power.

Status
    This user has no status.

You're a Minato fanboy yet you don't know that Hiraishin is FTG... *facepalm* you people.. seriously..

Status
    Jan 2013
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperius View Post
    You're a Minato fanboy yet you don't know that Hiraishin is FTG... *facepalm* you people.. seriously..
    Yes I am a big fan of Minato, but not an irrational fanboy. For example, from what we have seen so far, yes I do agree that Itachi>Minato. Now what kind of irrational "Minato Fanboy" would say that. Also yes I am well aware that Hiraishin means FTG, when did I say that they were two different Techniques?

Status
    Jul 2011
    #1 Yakushi Fan

Underestimate? pfft they don't even care.

Everyone since the Senju days are just hand-downs anyway.

Status
    Jan 2013
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by numbers View Post
    Underestimate? pfft they don't even care.

Everyone since the Senju days are just hand-downs anyway.
    Yea so Naruto, Itachi, Sasuke, Hiruzen, Nagato, Bee, Obito, Kakashi, Guy, Gaara, Jiraiya, 3rd Raikage, 4th Raikage, Darui, Orochimaru, and Kabuto are all fodder right? LMAO....

Status
    Oct 2012
    I am an infinite number of
    monkeys, with an infinite
    number of typewriters.

Kyuubi thing good, hirashin is FTG.

Status
    Jul 2011
    #1 Yakushi Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Arugon View Post
    Yea so Naruto, Itachi, Sasuke, Hiruzen, Nagato, Bee, Obito, Kakashi, Guy, Gaara, Jiraiya, 3rd Raikage, 4th Raikage, Darui, Orochimaru, and Kabuto are all fodder right? LMAO....
    Gene wise compared to those guys...yeah.

Status
    This user has no status.

His trump card is speed and a sharp mind, something the other kages don't have. Thus, they have yet to see why he is worth the kage title.

P.S grats on your 666 post, you devil!

Status
    Sep 2012
    Don't tell me, Show me!!!!

No one knows his true power.

Status
    Nov 2011
    This user has no status.

First of all they never meet the dude b4 also it's Minato jutsu that makes him dangerous not his Chaka, I am not sure what form tobimara space /time jutsu is but I am betting that that he can transport to where ever he sense his target and not while his in motion. So u can't say they under estimated him

Status
    Feb 2013
    This user has no status.

Its only natural...i mean, they ARE the founders of Konoha and first Hokages!They called the 3rd monkey-boy when he was young!Also, you should all know by now that Naruto is not all about power but intellect and jutsu types!I'm sure Minato will be on a class of his own at the battlefield and everyone is going to enjoy his performance...especially that happy guy, Hashirama!

Status
    Mar 2013
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatPredictor View Post
    well, hashi was able to fight kurama AND madara uchiha at once. minato died fighting kurama and he needed help from his wife. I think that with that knowledge, it would be understandable if he is underestimated at this point.
    What is it with this "minato fought kurama" point of view. He didnt fight him he planned on putting him into his son from the get go. And he had to perform his task while trying to protect his wife and son, its not like minato was in an all out battle with kurama and his death was a sacrifice not a loss