Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 33
  1. #1
    Truly Immortal HiddenSound's Avatar
    Status
    HiddenSound is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Dreadfort
    Posts
    15,201
    Post Thanks / Like
    "A flayed man holds no
    secrets."
     

    Why I Don't Like Obito...

    ...as a villain. I love him as a character and he's in my top 15 favorite characters and I don't deny his impressive powers.
    But I just do not like him as a villain... When he was the mysterious Tobi he had an air of... well, mystery to him. Now that's gone and we can just focus on his goal as a villain.
    PEACE.
    I have never liked that end goal in a villain. He wants to save the world, he wants to help people who don't realize they need his help. He's doing the right thing. This is all from his point of view of course.

    That is why I love Orochimaru. He, imo, is the best villain and will hopefully remain so. It's entirely possible that he's faking his supposed "goodness" (even though I haven't seen much of it). But still, the Orochimaru we know is just a cold-hearted individual who only cares for himself. Chaos and destruction is what he craves, because peace is boring. "What's the point of watching a windmill if it isn't moving?"
    He wants an Uchiha body, has Senju DNA, wants the Sharingan, evolve it into the Rinnegan, master each and dvery Jutsu and gain a complete understanding and knowledge of everything, and finally to become the Ultimate Being. To become God, not for the world, but for himself.
    Imo, that's a far, far more villainous goal than peace.
     
         

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Status
    Kages is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    16,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why I Don't Like Obito...

    Yeah, I agree to some extent. I like Orochimaru as a villian and a good person, can't decide between them!
    But I think Obito is an okay villian, not that great, but not as bad as you mentioned. :D
     
         

  3. #3
    Senior Member AP2k's Avatar
    Status
    AP2k is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    5,108
    Post Thanks / Like
    This place still exists?
     

    Re: Why I Don't Like Obito...

    It goes back to the Kefka/Sephiroth argument.

    Who's better the deranged lunatic villain or the one who just wants to help the world in his own way? It's the deranged one. Authors trying to justify their villains is the worse. You're not supposed to be able to relate to a villain, that's why they're villains.
     
         

  4. #4
    Banned
    Status
    Big Sean is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    With these Hoes
    Posts
    342
    Post Thanks / Like
    disposable
     

    Re: Why I Don't Like Obito...

    lol, of course it'd turn into an Orochimaru wank thread.
     
         

  5. #5
    Sefirosu Masamune's Avatar
    Status
    Sefirosu Masamune is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,372
    Post Thanks / Like
    Religion: Jenova's Witness
     

    Re: Why I Don't Like Obito...

    No he is not a villain. he nor Sasuke are villains. the only real villain was orochimaru. but even he defected as such as of late. Obito and sasuke just do what they want to do. Sasuke does what he wants and does not mind defecting from his plans if its for the best. Obito is just sad and having a nationwide *****fit
     
         

  6. #6
    Rainbow Dash's Avatar
    Status
    Rainbow Dash is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,748
    Post Thanks / Like
    Š
     



    Re: Why I Don't Like Obito...

    Agreed. He is a worse villain than Mizuki.
     
         

  7. #7
    Banned
    Status
    Sasukenumberonelover is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,699
    Post Thanks / Like
    What?
     



    Re: Why I Don't Like Obito...

    I liked him better when he was Tobi BR0, he added some humor to the series, as Obito the villain he's too serious and boring, well kinda .. !
     
         

  8. #8
    Artistic Shinobi Nakamazi Itchigo's Avatar
    Status
    Nakamazi Itchigo is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    4,783
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, listen up..!! Heroes are
    people who share their booze
    with other people!!! 'I' WANNA
    DRINK MY BOOZE!!! - Roronoa
    Zoro
     



    Re: Why I Don't Like Obito...

    because he has a really stupid reason why he became a villain.
     
         

  9. #9
    Senior Member Jin Hayami's Avatar
    Status
    Jin Hayami is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,655
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thread Killer
     

    Re: Why I Don't Like Obito...

    I just think his reason is retarded. If Madara had put some like mind control jutsu on him or something like that it would be okay. But destroying the world over the death of a girl he never even asked out? Come on worse stuff happens to better people in the Narutoverse every day and nobody else pulls that crap.
     
         

  10. #10
    Akatsuki Member Itachi The Solo King's Avatar
    Status
    Itachi The Solo King is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,050
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why I Don't Like Obito...

    Itachi > Obito #dealwithit
     
         

  11. #11
    Penguin.'s Avatar
    Status
    Penguin. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tobirama's God-like hair.
    Posts
    22,970
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best of the 2013 generation.
     

    Re: Why I Don't Like Obito...

    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenSound View Post
    ...as a villain. I love him as a character and he's in my top 15 favorite characters and I don't deny his impressive powers.
    But I just do not like him as a villain... When he was the mysterious Tobi he had an air of... well, mystery to him. Now that's gone and we can just focus on his goal as a villain.
    PEACE.
    I have never liked that end goal in a villain. He wants to save the world, he wants to help people who don't realize they need his help. He's doing the right thing. This is all from his point of view of course.

    That is why I love Orochimaru. He, imo, is the best villain and will hopefully remain so. It's entirely possible that he's faking his supposed "goodness" (even though I haven't seen much of it). But still, the Orochimaru we know is just a cold-hearted individual who only cares for himself. Chaos and destruction is what he craves, because peace is boring. "What's the point of watching a windmill if it isn't moving?"
    He wants an Uchiha body, has Senju DNA, wants the Sharingan, evolve it into the Rinnegan, master each and dvery Jutsu and gain a complete understanding and knowledge of everything, and finally to become the Ultimate Being. To become God, not for the world, but for himself.
    Imo, that's a far, far more villainous goal than peace.
    I agree 100%.

    As a villain, Obito stinks. As a character he is great.

    Orochimaru is the best villain in Naruto/shippuden
     
         

  12. #12
    Truly Immortal HiddenSound's Avatar
    Status
    HiddenSound is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Dreadfort
    Posts
    15,201
    Post Thanks / Like
    "A flayed man holds no
    secrets."
     

    Re: Why I Don't Like Obito...

    Quote Originally Posted by AP2k View Post
    It goes back to the Kefka/Sephiroth argument.

    Who's better the deranged lunatic villain or the one who just wants to help the world in his own way? It's the deranged one. Authors trying to justify their villains is the worse. You're not supposed to be able to relate to a villain, that's why they're villains.
    Well said, and I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sean View Post
    lol, of course it'd turn into an Orochimaru wank thread.
    In a thread about villains, Orochimaru must be mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sefirosu Masamune View Post
    No he is not a villain. he nor Sasuke are villains. the only real villain was orochimaru. but even he defected as such as of late. Obito and sasuke just do what they want to do. Sasuke does what he wants and does not mind defecting from his plans if its for the best. Obito is just sad and having a nationwide *****fit
    lol Indeed. However, I'm still holding out that Orochimaru has remained a villain. He's just curious with Sasuke right now, I think. Anyway, if Orochimaru is truly good now for whatever piss-poor reason, I hope that Madara's plan was to deceive Obito and become a malevolent god like Orochimaru was planning on becoming instead of a benevolent god like he told Obito he would become.
     
         

  13. #13
    Senior Member AP2k's Avatar
    Status
    AP2k is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    5,108
    Post Thanks / Like
    This place still exists?
     

    Re: Why I Don't Like Obito...

    Quote Originally Posted by AP2k View Post
    It goes back to the Kefka/Sephiroth argument.

    Who's better the deranged lunatic villain or the one who just wants to help the world in his own way? It's the deranged one. Authors trying to justify their villains is the worse. You're not supposed to be able to relate to a villain, that's why they're villains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sefirosu Masamune View Post
    No he is not a villain. he nor Sasuke are villains. the only real villain was orochimaru. but even he defected as such as of late. Obito and sasuke just do what they want to do. Sasuke does what he wants and does not mind defecting from his plans if its for the best. Obito is just sad and having a nationwide *****fit
    Speaking of that certain bad villain.
     
         

  14. #14
    Member Chief Darui's Avatar
    Status
    Chief Darui is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like
    With great power comes great
    responsibility.
     

    Re: Why I Don't Like Obito...

    Substitute peace with world domination through infinite tsukiyomi and try this again..
     
         

  15. #15
    Truly Immortal HiddenSound's Avatar
    Status
    HiddenSound is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Dreadfort
    Posts
    15,201
    Post Thanks / Like
    "A flayed man holds no
    secrets."
     

    Re: Why I Don't Like Obito...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Darui View Post
    Substitute peace with world domination through infinite tsukiyomi and try this again..
    Are you saying peace isn't his goal? Because it is. He's attaining it through Tsuki no Me.
     
         

  16. #16
    Senior Member VariaBossX's Avatar
    Status
    VariaBossX is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    10,575
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why I Don't Like Obito...

    Well think of it like this, almost every person who is top-tier was mindf*ck by obito (soon to be minato). He trolled the series, and ruled an akatsuki clan with an iron fist (funny part is that all of them are older than him except for itachhi & deidara).

    Do you hate him now?
     
         

  17. #17
    Simple Logic TheCloudsBlackLightning's Avatar
    Status
    TheCloudsBlackLightning is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Under your house
    Posts
    2,567
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you feel like you hate
    your life,, its only because
    your stuck in someone elses
    flow. You must first go with
    the flow if ever you ever wish
    for things to get better. Go
    with the flow=acceptance.
     

    Re: Why I Don't Like Obito...

    I always wanted Orochimaru to be the final villain. It would be nice if he took over Madara's body and gained so6p like powers and what not.

    Obito sucks and his reasons for being a villian are vague and generic.
     
         

  18. #18
    Senior Member Koha's Avatar
    Status
    Koha is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    1,104
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this... The death you had
    imagined for me then?
     

    Re: Why I Don't Like Obito...

    Obito became kinda bland after revealing his identity, there's not much mystery surrounding him anymore and his basis for becoming a villain was kinda weak. Understandable of course, but weak nonetheless.

    Orochimaru is an amazing villain though, he personifies the greedy intentions of humanity and does it all for himself, not control of the world or anything like that, he's pursuing knowledge at the cost of killing others. Including his own disciples, now that's evil. ;o
     
         

  19. #19
    Kirasaka and Natsuki FTW chad062388's Avatar
    Status
    chad062388 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    with Megumi and Shion
    Posts
    2,744
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watashi no tsuma wa doko desu
    ka?!
     

    Re: Why I Don't Like Obito...

    I agree with you
     
         

  20. #20
    Truly Immortal HiddenSound's Avatar
    Status
    HiddenSound is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Dreadfort
    Posts
    15,201
    Post Thanks / Like
    "A flayed man holds no
    secrets."
     

    Re: Why I Don't Like Obito...

    Quote Originally Posted by VariaBossX View Post
    Well think of it like this, almost every person who is top-tier was mindf*ck by obito (soon to be minato). He trolled the series, and ruled an akatsuki clan with an iron fist (funny part is that all of them are older than him except for itachhi & deidara).

    Do you hate him now?
    I never hated him in the first place, I blatantly said that in the second sentence -__- And I don't care. I'm looking at his end goal, peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koha View Post
    Obito became kinda bland after revealing his identity, there's not much mystery surrounding him anymore and his basis for becoming a villain was kinda weak. Understandable of course, but weak nonetheless.

    Orochimaru is an amazing villain though, he personifies the greedy intentions of humanity and does it all for himself, not control of the world or anything like that, he's pursuing knowledge at the cost of killing others. Including his own disciples, now that's evil. ;o
    Indeed, I agree. Orochimaru has been like a mix of Mayuri Kurotsuchi and Sosuke Aizen from Bleach character-wise. The personality of Mayuri, the villainy of Sosuke.
     
         

  21. #21
    Enel is that dude TheCCV's Avatar
    Status
    TheCCV is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,413
    Post Thanks / Like
    and i dont even care
     

    Re: Why I Don't Like Obito...

    I kind of have a bias towards Obito just because he's cool to me. I like his design, goal and sense of ambition, but I agree that the 'doing it for peace' thing is kind of overdone now. Had his goal been world corruption, that'd be a far more powerful contrast than Naruto's goal, the exact opposite.

    The reason I respect Oro is because he just doesn't care. He does what he does for him self, the rest of the world can kick rocks as long as they don't get in his way. That's pretty evil.
     
         

  22. #22
    op genin wutangforever's Avatar
    Status
    wutangforever is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    mars bro
    Posts
    479
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why I Don't Like Obito...

    i disagree i think hes just a overall shi*ty character imo sorry
     
         

  23. #23
    闇の愛人 Chiharu's Avatar
    Status
    Chiharu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Where the darkness bind them.
    Posts
    4,584
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bad is the new good
     



    Re: Why I Don't Like Obito...

    Hmmm I have to agree,even though I generally dislike Obito as a character.
    I believe that the only thing that categorize him as a villain is the fact that in his attempt to remake the world, he first seeks to destroy it.But then again Nagato tried that,so nothing original.
    Orochimaru on the other hand is all about himself,an egoistic self centered guy,who only strives to achieve his personal goals no matter what the cost.As a true villain should do.
    Not to mention his whole reasoning is so original.I hope Kishi doesn't soil his character and make him a good boy.
     
         

  24. #24
    The Original Trapper Trap Lord's Avatar
    Status
    Trap Lord is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    5,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trapppin with my sis.
     

    Re: Why I Don't Like Obito...

    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi The Solo King View Post
    Itachi > Obito #dealwithit
    God damn do you fap to Itachi?
     
         

  25. #25
    Exalted Uchiha Uchiha Legacy's Avatar
    Status
    Uchiha Legacy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    1,617
    Post Thanks / Like
    “The paradox of vengefulness
    is that it makes men dependent
    upon those who have harmed
    them, believing that their
    release from pain will come
    only when their tormentors
    suffer.”
     

    Re: Why I Don't Like Obito...

    Your opinion, my opinion anti-heroes>villains.
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •