Status
    Dec 2012
    My Room; Getting High and Playing Devil May Cry
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Have Achieved True
    Immortality. I Am Eternal.

Naruto's speed calc (within canon/non-multiverse)

This was done in a thread comparing Naruto and the Raikage's speed. That's why there's such a emphasis on comparing the two here.

Flash Shunshin

HERE and HERE we can see that RM Naruto's unenhanced running speed is equal to V1 A's Shunshin speed.

This is a credible conclusion as Naruto and the Raikage both started moving at the same time and stopped at the same times. We even get a comparison of jumping speed and running movement speed. Neither gained the upper hand in movement.

Later we see RM Naruto using unenhanced running speed and effortlessly matching Edo Itachi's Taijutsu and Shunshin speeds. This further cements that

RM Naruto (unenhanced) = V1 A (Shunshin) > Itachi (Shunshin)

--------------

Later in Naruto and the Raikage's encounter A decides that he's going to test Naruto.

HERE we can see in the top panel that Naruto is still using unenhanced running speed. Now the part I want you to focus on is the the timing of Naruto and The Raikage's movements.

We'll name the bottom right hand corner of that panel Y

HERE we can see when Naruto actually dodges the Raikage.

We'll call the largest panel in that scan where Naruto is saying "I won't fail" Z.

---

In Panel Y we can see that the Raikage is already moving at full speed while Naruto is still at a light trot. The Raikage's is practically touching Naruto when Naruto uses Shunshin. Naruto then proceeds dodge A's punch an appear behind him.

This alone makes him substantially faster than A due to the fact that Naruto dodged A's punch at point blank. We can delve further into the scan and see that the gap between Naruto and A is actually quite large.

Back to panel Y. Notice the distance between Naruto and the rocks behind him. This is the distance that the Raikage covers from the time Naruto begins Shunshin till the time Naruto comes to a stop.

In Panel Z we can see that the distance Naruto travel is even larger than the distance the Raikage Traveled. Also note that Naruto is hunched to his left, meaning that he moved in a half circle fashion. This tacks on even more distance as he traveled more ground than a linear path would suggest.

-------

The last and final layer we add onto this feat is actually really simple. The Raikage was already moving at full speed while Naruto wasn't. Naruto's feat included Accelaeration and deceleraion, meaning he wasn't moving at full speed for the entire movement.

-----

In conclusion; Naruto moved a much farther distanced in less time while accelerating and decelerating. Bee cements this even further since he was able to keep up with V2 A, yet RM Naruto's Shunshin completely escaped his vision (Pre training at that).

To finish off our little equation.

BM Naruto (Shunshin) > RM Naruto (Shunshin) >>> V2 Raikage (Shunshin) > RM Naruto (unenhanced) = V1 A (Shunshin) > Itachi (Shunshin) = Sasuke (Shunshin) > V1 A (unenhanced) = Sasuke (Unenhanced)

------------

Naruto's speed has reached a level where no one in the manga would he able mentally register him moving. Kishi has even had to put The Villians in scenarios where Naruto's speed wasn't an option so they wouldn't be one shot material; such as Naruto and Obito fighting amongst debris only to rely in the Kamui tactic once it cleared up. Or Madara and Naruto going start for an AoE battle.

Kishi knew he phucked up once he gave Naruto perfect control of his speed after training when Naruto was already an experienced Martial Artist (Gama Kata)

Last edited by DemonicAvenger; 04-18-2013 at 02:35 AM.

Banned
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Naruto's speed calc (within canon/non-multiverse)

Damn nice theory, mang

Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicAvenger View Post
    Naruto's speed has reached a level where no one in the manga would he able mentally register him moving.
    Calc was already obvious, and what you stated above is wrong. Look here.

Tsunade at that moment was moving at the speed of light through FTG and Madara could react to her lol. Of course Madara can react to Naruto if he can react to FTG.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Have Achieved True

Quote Originally Posted by Meido View Post
    Calc was already obvious, and what you stated above is wrong. Look here.

Tsunade at that moment was moving at the speed of light through FTG and Madara could react to her lol. Of course Madara can react to Naruto if he can react to FTG.
    Already replied to in the Vs thread.

That wasn't FTG and her attack wasn't instant.

Quote Originally Posted by ballerjordan View Post
    Damn nice theory, mang
    Thanks man.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    “The paradox of vengefulness
    is that it makes men dependent
    upon those who have harmed
    them, believing that their
    release from pain will come
    only when their tormentors
    suffer.”

Yes, we all already know, Naruto>Instant

Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Already replied to in the Vs thread.

That wasn't FTG and her attack wasn't instant.
    My bad. Nonetheless, Mabui's teleportation still goes at the speed of light.

And Madara was already going towards Tsunades direction, giving him less time to react.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

yeah, we all know that naruto can move faster than dbz characters.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    FOOD?I love it. CHICKENS i
    BAKE; But if you want BEEF
    then your life is at STEAK!!!

Naruto doesn't have body flicker. Everything he does is foot-speed.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Have Achieved True

My bad. Nonetheless, Mabui's teleportation still goes at the speed of light.

And Madara was already going towards Tsunades direction, giving him less time to react.
    That's why I said Madara's reactions were insane xD don't forget he was able to react to V1 A's Shunshin when A's fist was already in his face.

The only reason I made this is because Naruto's Shunshin gets low balled Quiet a bit. Which is understandable, look at all the shit I had to post to come up with a concrete argument for how fast he really is xD

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Obito saw him

And threw a fan fast enough to stop him.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't **** wit me, you'll lose

No your analysis is wrong RM Naruto non body flicker doesn't = V1 A Nruto wasn't even running fast an still can be seen. Lee without weight couldn't even be seen.
    Naruto was running along the side while the Raikage has to calculate TIMING at the last second Naruto speed up nd wth body flicker breaking the timed point of impact Raikage had. Naruto didn't show he was faster...he outsmarted him.
    ^this negates your argument that KM Naurto>>>>V2 A

Also there is no proof BM>RM

Last edited by slaton02; 04-18-2013 at 02:51 AM.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Have Achieved True

Both Yamato and Bee called it Shunshin. Just bent normal foot speed makes no sense and the author wouldn't have characters calling it Shunshin if it blatantly wasn't.

And can you make that post a bit more coeherant slanton? I'm not trying to be offensive but I can't tell what your getting at.

We also have multiple instances of unenhanced Naruto being equal to V1 A's Shunshin.

-----

BM being faster than RM is just speculation and could be attributed to natural progression, but RM is fast enough to the point here it doesn't matter if he is or not.

-----

That's not Shunshin Benjamin, we clearly see he's not using the faster levels of his speed.

Last edited by DemonicAvenger; 04-18-2013 at 02:59 AM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW this isn't actually a calc, more of a comparison.

This is the rubric that obd uses for speed calcs.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Have Achieved True

BTW this isn't actually a calc, more of a comparison.

This is the rubric that obd uses for speed calcs.
    I know, that's why I put a "non-multiverse" in the title because those types of "calcs" only come up in multi verse debates.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't **** wit me, you'll lose

Both Yamato and Bee called it Shunshin. Just bent normal foot speed makes no sense and the author wouldn't have characters calling it Shunshin if it blatantly wasn't.

And can you make that post a bit more coeherant slanton? I'm not trying to be offensive but I can't tell what your getting at.

We also have multiple instances of unenhanced Naruto being equal to V1 A's Shunshin.
    Wrong proof is wrong is what I'm trying to say

V1 Punched Naruto where you said nonshunshin RMNaruto was= to V1 lightning armor A. Also your second page did show it either.

all it wsn't proven shunshin RMNaruto>>>>v2 A. The way Naruto was running and where Ay was comming from is all aout brain work/timing. Imagine you at a intersecton an a train is coming, you're goal is to hit the train. Now in your mind you know yu can because your timing adds up so you don't go as fast as you can but at the last second the train unexpectedly speeds up messing up your calculated time and you mis hitting the train. This is what Naruto did.

If Kishi wanted to show that Naruto wa faster he woulda made Naruto go straight forwar and not along the side and also the have the Raikage say Naruto is faster which he did not. Unbiased got to go

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

-----

BM being faster than RM is just speculation and could be attributed to natural progression, but RM is fast enough to the point here it doesn't matter if he is or not.

-----

That's not Shunshin Benjamin, we clearly see he's not using the faster levels of his speed.
    Everyone thought minato's ftg was body flicker but its not. Rin called it body flicker and it was known to be mistaken for body flicker. Yet the author himself writes on the page whenever a jutsu is used. (usually outside of thought/ speech bubbles)

You think that that's not naruto's fastest speed because it was countered? Even though multiple panels were devoted to showing him run?

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Have Achieved True

Wrong proof?

Naruto and Raikage were evenly matched. Before A kneaded more chakra Into Raiton no Yoroi or Naruto used Shunshin. Naruto also has feats if out maneuvering the 3rd Raikage and effortlessly matching Itachi's Shunshin.

Your comparison neglects the fact that Naruto had to cover more distance than the Raikage during their first exchange. Naruto had to jump foreword and up while the Raikage only had to jump up. The second time, Naruto had to move forward and horizontally while the Raikage only had to move horizontally. If anything Naruto could be speculated as being faster since they were matched and Naruto was moving a further distance, but I decided not to speculate and simply leave unenhanced RM Naruto and V1 A's Shunshin a equal.

Quote Originally Posted by BenjerminGaye View Post
    Everyone thought minato's ftg was body flicker but its not. Rin called it body flicker and it was known to be mistaken for body flicker. Yet the author himself writes on the page whenever a jutsu is used. (usually outside of thought/ speech bubbles)

You think that that's not naruto's fastest speed because it was countered? Even though multiple panels were devoted to showing him run?
    Hiraishin leaves a Yellow Flash, a trait that's similar to Shunshin. Her mistake is understandable while its clear Naruto uses Shunshin. You also have no proof that's its running speed while its implied that Naruto is using Shunshin. The Gap in his levels of speed would also make sense if he's using Shunshin.

Whenever Naruto uses Shunshin he literally disappears from everyone's sight. Your panel is also out of context as Obito intercepted Naruto who was attacking Gedo Mazo. Why would Naruto use Shunshin against an immobile target? That makes no sense. Hell, he wasn't even trying to move fast in that panel, Obito intercepting that Rasengan is a moot point.

Last edited by DemonicAvenger; 04-18-2013 at 03:21 AM.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiraishin leaves a Yellow Flash, a trait that's similar to Shunshin. Her mistake is understandable while its clear Naruto uses Shunshin. You also have no proof that's its running speed while its implied that Naruto is using Shunshin. The Gap in his levels of speed would also make sense if he's using Shunshin.

Whenever Naruto uses Shunshin he literally disappears from everyone's sight. Your panel is also out of context as Obito intercepted Naruto who was attacking Gedo Mazo. Why would Naruto use Shunshin against an immobile target? That makes no sense. Hell, he wasn't even trying to move fast in that panel, Obito intercepting that Rasengan is a moot point.
    Hirishin does not leave a yellow flash. The nickname is based off the color of minato's hair that's since thats all ppl really see.The tech just teleports you to whatever u marked. Tobirama uses hirishin yet i don't see anyone yellin out yellow flash when he uses it. The only time Naruto disappeared from ppl's sight is when they have seen it for the first time. I've never seen any tl notes or author notes saying that he uses body flicker. ppl assume thats what they use since its the first time they have seen naruto move that fast. Killer bee only mentioned it once and after that never called it that again. Same goes for tsunade. No one calls naruto's movement after seeing it twice body flicker.

What makes you think he wasn't moving his fastest? He knew that the only way to hit the gedo mazo was to get past Obito. Regardless:
    Obito saw him and countered multiple times.(naruto even had the help of kakashi and guy)
    Raikage saw him and countered multiple times.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Have Achieved True

Hirishin does not leave a yellow flash. The nickname is based off the color of minato's hair that's since thats all ppl really see.The tech just teleports you to whatever u marked. Tobirama uses hirishin yet i don't see anyone yellin out yellow flash when he uses it. The only time Naruto disappeared from ppl's sight is when they have seen it for the first time. I've never seen any tl notes or author notes saying that he uses body flicker. ppl assume thats what they use since its the first time they have seen naruto move that fast. Killer bee only mentioned it once and after that never called it that again. Same goes for tsunade. No one calls naruto's movement after seeing it twice body flicker.

What makes you think he wasn't moving his fastest? He knew that the only way to hit the gedo mazo was to get past Obito. Regardless:
    Obito saw him and countered multiple times.(naruto even had the help of kakashi and guy)
    Raikage saw him and countered multiple times.
    No dude.... Just no....

This whole post is full blatantly false information. He was called The Yellow Flash because if hiriashin, that's where he got his nickname. Literally everyone can use Shunshin, it's taught in the academy. It's never explicitly said Sasuke has Shunshin, but we know he uses it. It's just chakra enhanced speed.

That doesn't require Shunshin. It's painfully obvious he didn't use Shunshin. On top if that, no one has countered Naruto's Shunshin to date.

It woes me you can't tell the diffrence between Naruto's running speed and Shunshin.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

No dude.... Just no....

This whole post is full blatantly false information. He was called The Yellow Flash because if hiriashin, that's where he got his nickname. Literally everyone can use Shunshin, it's taught in the academy. It's never explicitly said Sasuke has Shunshin, but we know he uses it. It's just chakra enhanced speed.

That doesn't require Shunshin. It's painfully obvious he didn't use Shunshin. On top if that, no one has countered Naruto's Shunshin to date.

It woes me you can't tell the diffrence between Naruto's running speed and Shunshin.

When i see him call it shunshin then i will believe it. Until then its foot speed.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Takin it easy

pretty good analysis. People tend to forget that naruto has had little training at useing his speed, and that he doesnt really go max speed much(so they try to say itachi somehow has km level speed because he could keep up with naruto, without understanding naruto wasnt going full speed.)

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Have Achieved True

When i see him call it shunshin then i will believe it. Until then its foot speed.
    We don't need them to call it Shunshin. It's painfully obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by cptenn94 View Post
    pretty good analysis. People tend to forget that naruto has had little training at useing his speed, and that he doesnt really go max speed much(so they try to say itachi somehow has km level speed because he could keep up with naruto, without understanding naruto wasnt going full speed.)
    He trained with Bee. After such training he was shown to have perfect control over both his unenhanced and Shunshin speed.

Kishi specifically puts him situations where he can't spam it because of some type of conditions.

Last edited by DemonicAvenger; 04-18-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    "It will be a new
    world… A world of truth, not
    lies."

I liked the rankings on the Speed , great job on the thread
    + rep

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Good stuff, everything seems spot on accurate. The only thing off I see is the distance Naruto covered since he was away from the rocks.

*Edit- my bad, you accounted for that. Needed you to explain it though ><

#KeepThatRightHandStrong Nagato The Sage's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Dude, Nice.

I agree, while it was obvious Naruto was faster but I didn't relalize how much faster.